Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,166,554 Views
  • 37,341 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 15:15:24 Reply

At 12/26/10 02:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: TV cartoons now-a-days are horrible.

Translation: Disgusting and uninteresting on a multitude of levels.


The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 16:39:28 Reply

Christmas Gifts

I got a couple scratch tickets and some driving gloves. AND A DANNY WOODHEAD T-SHIRT WOOOOOOOOH I LOVE DANNY WOODHEAD.

But we didn't really do any big gifts because next week we're going on a week-long cruise.

wooh, time to get my thong on.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 17:23:37 Reply

Swords

I want to start collecting them now.. odd...


lel

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 17:31:12 Reply

At 12/26/10 05:23 PM, Sequenced wrote: Swords

I want to start collecting them now.. odd...

Maybe that's what bisexual people do.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 17:44:04 Reply

I just moved to a new place, which would explain my absence.

Not that any of you assholes give a shit.

*cries self to sleep*

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 17:46:03 Reply

At 12/26/10 05:44 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: I just moved to a new place, which would explain my absence.

Not that any of you assholes give a shit.

*cries self to sleep*

you in cook county or dupage?

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 18:05:51 Reply

TVs / StandUp Comedy

At 12/26/10 10:21 AM, djInTheDark wrote:
It's pretty much the only type of comedy I can actually get a good laugh out of anymore. 90% of all of TV shows, movies, and other things for me that were once maybe a little funny, have become very tasteless. Especially a lot of newer things. But not everything, so I guess we haven't lost all hope just yet.

i stopped watching tv years ago. i went out to try and find one cheap recently only to find out that they stopped making them affordable. if it's not a flat screen they don't have it. i went to a salvo to try and find one cheap but none of them have RCA inputs making them gaming worthless. as for standup comedy, i kind of get bored with it nowadays. i used to love watching stand up but i feel like i've seen it all at this point. if they're not talking about white people or black people then they're playing a piano or a guitar :/

At 12/26/10 04:39 PM, Envy wrote:
wooh, time to get my thong on.

haha, sexy. make sure to take pics of that thong.


Do you like BEATBOX?

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 18:06:15 Reply

At 12/26/10 04:39 PM, Envy wrote:
wooh, time to get my thong on.
haha, sexy. make sure to take pics of that thong.

while its on you

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 18:06:39 Reply

At 12/26/10 05:44 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: I just moved to a new place, which would explain my absence.

I need a new place that is actually quiet for my work.


lel

BBS Signature
Psil0
Psil0
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 21:05:59 Reply

At 12/26/10 06:59 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/26/10 03:20 AM, Nosferatu-of-Worms wrote: Music Related Gifts

I gotz a new pedal!!! Dallus Arbiter Fuzz Face...

Aka the big red one in the pic.
I didn't know you played guitar.

hehehe, yeah I do (been playing for almost 4 years now). I don't consider myself very good at it, but others would beg to differ.

Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 21:11:54 Reply

At 12/26/10 06:06 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 12/26/10 04:39 PM, Envy wrote:
wooh, time to get my thong on.
haha, sexy. make sure to take pics of that thong.
while its on you

or off of me.... SEE WHAT I DID THERE


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 22:00:57 Reply

At 12/26/10 05:46 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 12/26/10 05:44 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: I just moved to a new place, which would explain my absence.

Not that any of you assholes give a shit.

*cries self to sleep*
you in cook county or dupage?

Back in good old Cook County. A shitty place to be, indeed. Especially if you don't gots the money.

BenjaminTibbetts
BenjaminTibbetts
  • Member since: Sep. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-26 23:52:23 Reply

At 12/26/10 06:06 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/26/10 05:44 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: I just moved to a new place, which would explain my absence.
I need a new place that is actually quiet for my work.

Try a cafe at 2pm


BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 01:24:01 Reply

At 12/27/10 01:17 AM, Mark-er wrote: I was looking over songs to put in a future animation and just laughed at how every single song in the top 30 I looked at were of the video game genre. Man, you guys love that stuff or what.

people find it easier to build off something musical geniuses have already created.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 01:27:05 Reply

At 12/27/10 01:24 AM, Envy wrote:
At 12/27/10 01:17 AM, Mark-er wrote: I was looking over songs to put in a future animation and just laughed at how every single song in the top 30 I looked at were of the video game genre. Man, you guys love that stuff or what.
people find it easier to build off something musical geniuses have already created.

people see megaman remix in the title and mentally jizz their keyboard 98% of the time.

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 01:29:39 Reply

Scholarship

For those of you who care, I ended up not getting the scholarship. Oh well, life works itself out sometimes.

12 year old girls
Don't get them cell phones, they never stop texting you. My step sister received one from her mother and now I'm getting texts every minute asking what I'm doing and why I havn't responded to her last text.

Nags more than my girlfriend.


Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 01:30:57 Reply

It's the laziest type of music to make, because all you have to do is go to VGmusic or something, rip midi files, and then pretty much all the work is production.

Most of the stuff posted on the audio portal is lazy. You can hardly get lazier than techno and Videogame music.

Not trying to elevate myself or anything.. Most of the stuff I post is crapped out of my ass in the span of about an hour or so while I'm drunk off my ass. There are exceptions, but hey, no one likes my serious music. Only the shit I do when I'm tanked. >.>

Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 01:41:50 Reply

At 12/27/10 01:30 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: It's the laziest type of music to make, because all you have to do is go to VGmusic or something, rip midi files, and then pretty much all the work is production.

Most of the stuff posted on the audio portal is lazy. You can hardly get lazier than techno

Not sure if you're using techno as a broad term for electronic music likes or literally techno like a 303 with a gate on a 4x4 kick cause if not you're only 50% correct.
Alot of electronic music can be a producers nightmare (if you create all your own sounds and everything) it takes just as much work as creating a 'real' song if not more because not only are you composing it, but now you're designing your own instruments.

But if you just meant the actual genre of techno then yes, you're right.

Techno and basshunter sound-alikes can lick muh ballsack.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 01:48:44 Reply

At 12/27/10 01:41 AM, Envy wrote:
At 12/27/10 01:30 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: It's the laziest type of music to make, because all you have to do is go to VGmusic or something, rip midi files, and then pretty much all the work is production.

Most of the stuff posted on the audio portal is lazy. You can hardly get lazier than techno
Not sure if you're using techno as a broad term for electronic music likes or literally techno like a 303 with a gate on a 4x4 kick cause if not you're only 50% correct.
Alot of electronic music can be a producers nightmare (if you create all your own sounds and everything) it takes just as much work as creating a 'real' song if not more because not only are you composing it, but now you're designing your own instruments.

But if you just meant the actual genre of techno then yes, you're right.

Techno and basshunter sound-alikes can lick muh ballsack.

Yes, I'm specifically talking about techno, and pretty much "dance" music in general. Some of my favorite pieces of music are electronic, and there a few artists I really like who either did electronic music at one point, or that is all they do.

The whole making your own instruments and sound part of electronic music does appeal to me, though I will still make fun of the person who spends more time getting the correct tone to collapse a colon than actual composition. Tone can make or break a composition though.

Want proof? Just submit anything with midi instruments. No matter how bitchin you might think the piece is, it is hard for people to look past tone. =p

Unfortunately, I've never had any good production equipment. I'm poor, and Santa left me a lump of coal. =(

Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 01:52:47 Reply

most dance music that you speak of is pretty crappy and boring (however catchy)

but check out people like Rob Mayth who create Hands Up! Which is kind of like a super sub-genre of dance (even though the genre is a pile of shit nexus preset users now) but he basically solidified the sound for the genre and has some pretty complex happenings in his songs if you listen for composition and production.

other than that you're spot on.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 02:01:49 Reply

Hey, I don't claim to have heard everything already. I like being surprised. XP

sugarsimon
sugarsimon
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 04:43:45 Reply

really listening to my music?


Payback Hideaway

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 04:52:21 Reply

At 12/27/10 04:43 AM, sugarsimon wrote: really listening to my music?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?


Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 05:23:43 Reply

At 12/27/10 01:29 AM, Darkmaster603 wrote:
12 year old girls
Don't get them cell phones, they never stop texting you. My step sister received one from her mother and now I'm getting texts every minute asking what I'm doing and why I havn't responded to her last text.

Nags more than my girlfriend.

Tell me about it. I have a "friend" from my old church who is 14 and just got facebook. He keeps sending messages at me asking what am I doing or why aren't you talking. This is why I hate facebook, because I'm online to talk to my real friends from the states or talking with someone who I'm going to collab with soon.

Flash Artists

I've finally found one that I can make video game songs for. He's a quite good animator for games which I'm glad about.

Out of this, who knows, I might become Tom's favorite musician of 2011 ;)


lel

BBS Signature
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Member since: May. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 05:31:19 Reply

At 12/27/10 05:23 AM, Sequenced wrote:

Tell me about it. I have a "friend" from my old church who is 14 and just got facebook. He keeps sending messages at me asking what am I doing or why aren't you talking. This is why I hate facebook, because I'm online to talk to my real friends from the states or talking with someone who I'm going to collab with soon.

The same shit happens to me anytime i friend a newgrounds non musician. These fucking kids have NO LIFE, and nothing better to do on the computer than either spam all day or irritate the shit out of people. Same thing goes for the stickam chat. there are like three users on there that as soon as i come into the room they just keep private messaging me over and over and over and get really pissed and say the dumbest shit when i dont respond to them. I had to block 7 people from facebook....all newgrounds users.

I really hate children and the retarded oxygen wasters on this website

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 05:54:47 Reply

At 12/27/10 05:31 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote:

I really hate children and the retarded oxygen wasters on this website

Time to smoke some weed brah.


lel

BBS Signature
YouriX
YouriX
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 08:07:47 Reply

NG kids
Hey now that im reading all this. I sometimes get PM's from these kids asking me how to make songs like me real quick.
I even once got a PM from a dude who asked how to become good at FLstudio in a short amount of time!

So as asual i always awnser by saying it takes years to actually become good at Flstudio. Like knowing music theory, know the basics in using Flstudio itself and such.

I never get a PM back saying thank you for your time..... :(

SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 11:42:00 Reply

So I was wondering.

I did an orchestral arrangement of a relatively obscure VG song.

Should I put it in VGM or Classical?

djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 11:46:08 Reply

At 12/27/10 11:42 AM, SolusLunes wrote: Should I put it in VGM or Classical?

Both.

Chiptunes iz sryz bzns

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-27 12:32:25 Reply

At 12/27/10 05:54 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/27/10 05:31 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote:

I really hate children and the retarded oxygen wasters on this website
Time to smoke some weed brah.

Don't let them know though... Theres this 15 year old girl from the place I work at who recently started texting me... And pretty much the only thing she talks about is smoking weed, like she'll text me to let me know she's about to smoke.

It's like good for fucking you, stupid head.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat