New Topic Respond to this Topic
CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 00:41:11 Reply

I', so drunk that I'm abpit to get kicked out of where I live. Fuck you all, and fuck the fucker that is fuck?

You know wahat? forget it. fuck the fucking fuckers.

I love you all

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 00:43:03 Reply

Is the man who says he is now lying telling the truth?

DiscJohnny
DiscJohnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 00:50:21 Reply

At 12/16/10 12:35 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 12/16/10 12:03 AM, DiscJohnny wrote: Well changing subjects a lil bit heh...

Tomorrow at 12:00 AM Im going to see Tron Legacy with my brahs!!! Am I the only one exited about this movie?!
eubonics are not accepted here - you have been warned >:(

Errrhmm... WHAT?!

BBS Signature
uint
uint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 03:21:52 Reply

At 12/15/10 01:55 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 12/15/10 04:35 AM, uint wrote: Version control,
Is there anything like that out there?
Save multiple copies instead of replacements.

That's bothersome and might take up more space.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 03:47:42 Reply

DiscJohnny.. go away until you understand that internet is not serious business.

Please.

lel

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 03:59:14 Reply

Tomorrow at 12:00 AM Im going to see Tron Legacy with my brahs!!! Am I the only one exited about this movie?!

WTF? This isn't the HSC. Tizight!

Movie Theaters

I haven't gone to one since "Return of the King". 1080P TV's sorta eliminated the need for me to drag my lazy ass all the way to the theater when i could pick up a BRD on the way home and enjoy a movie in the privacy of my own home. With no annoying kids, or cellphones ringing, or filthy theater toilets, and I would be able to PAUSE the movie when I go take a piss or shit. Not to mention the quality of theater food, which is below that of airline food.

And 3D doesn't work on my eyes because I can't wear those damn glasses over my own pair of prescription glasses. 3D is just a fad. It pops up and disappears in cycles. 3d was all the rage back in the 70s and early 80s too remember?

Stupor
Stupor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 08:09:15 Reply

If you like Daft Punk

Grum - Heartbeats
Fucking awesome album. It's inspired by Daft Punk like Cheese Whiz is inspired by real cheese.

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 09:44:17 Reply

Discjohnny

ignore everyone giving you flak. they are just being elitist morons

djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 09:55:50 Reply

At 12/16/10 09:54 AM, Bjra wrote: What happens when a bunch of elitist musicians get together and form a website dedicated to the preservation and appreciation of video game music

everyone just ends up jerking each other off

*quoted for happy ending.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
hamstercake
hamstercake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:21:01 Reply

" Ocremix is a website designed to allow the musicians who run the site to circle jerk each other, not for the masses to be able to connect with fantastic remix's of their favorite childhood video game music."

I totally agree on ur speedy review of Ocremix :P
I have since i started my digital career "ROFL" been trying to make sense of the many many ...many forums and producer sites.
Just recently found out that u can post ur tracks on newgrounds, but not just that. That theres also a whole "overall" forum covering ur needs.

Just wanted to point out that, i´m new here and that i find this place awsome!

Stupor
Stupor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:31:17 Reply

At 12/16/10 10:21 AM, hamstercake wrote: Just recently found out that u can post ur tracks on newgrounds, but not just that. That theres also a whole "overall" forum covering ur needs.

You know, he's right. We're actually posting in it right now.

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:33:08 Reply

@ Bjra and Hamstercake

i am beaming with pride right now. I'm glad there are others here that recognize the value of the newgrounds audio portal and forums and not just bitching about it (calamolestair). yes it has its flaws and can use some improvement (just like anything else). but other online producer sites and forums really dont have the lulz and community that you find here.

i salute you

ShatterTheSky22
ShatterTheSky22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:35:28 Reply

Finals

Smart move #1: Stayed up last night working on a new track instead of studying.

Smart move #2: Skipped breakfast because I was running late.

Smart move #3: Barely glanced at my schedule before taking off.

The consequences of these smart moves?
Well, for starters, I ended up spending all morning studying for my 2:30 PM final by accident instead of my 8:00 AM final. If not for running into my friend, I would have shown up for the wrong final. Then, I went into that test blind, save for the 8 or so minutes I had to cram. And all throughout the test, my stomach is making the most ungodly, inhuman noises of hunger.

It's been an interesting morning. -__--

[TSR Audio]
Click the Banner To Visit My Music Page!
^__^

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:48:24 Reply

Today is the day I make my move. First time, in real life.

lel

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:49:51 Reply

At 12/16/10 12:50 AM, DiscJohnny wrote:

Errrhmm... WHAT?!

lol just razzin' ya about the "brah" comment - we get some users in here who all talk like dis joo kno brah?

We sorta pride ourselves in speaking with at least a moticom of decent proper english here so sometiems talk like that can grind on our gears :P

and I totally agree with the Ocremix comments - I signed up there in 2004 and I have not submitted a single song to it. Really, it's a videogame site - granted their quality of submissions is stellar due to their rigorous standards of having every single song pre-approved before it gets listed, but still - it has breeded a community so high in elitism and arrogance I am scared to even post there.

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:52:32 Reply

At 12/16/10 10:35 AM, ShatterTheSky22 wrote:
It's been an interesting morning. -__--

day aint over yet buddy hahahahahahahaha.

i did the same thing in college but i went to night classes because i had to work to pay rent and stuff. i studied all day at work whenever i had a chance for a final that was for later on that week but i thought it was for that evening. I show up to my class and the room is empty. it hit me like a semi truck that i was taking my physics and thermodynamic load calculations final that evening instead of my english final. i had my brain geared up for words and punctuation and remembering books we read. i had to switch my brain into reverse into math while going 90mph with english. So i ran to the correct room and dived into a final that i was not prepared for at all. i didnt even have my calculator. teacher was pissed about that but he lent me his cause he was a swell guy

Luckily the final was not as hard as i thought it was going to be and i passed it with a meh score

hamstercake
hamstercake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:53:39 Reply

1st: @Stupor... XD

2nd:

At 12/16/10 10:33 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: @ Bjra and Hamstercake

i am beaming with pride right now. I'm glad there are others here that recognize the value of the newgrounds audio portal and forums and not just bitching about it (calamolestair). yes it has its flaws and can use some improvement (just like anything else). but other online producer sites and forums really dont have the lulz and community that you find here.

i salute you

No! i salute you... And yepz they really dont have the "lulz" and tend to be kinda dullz

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 10:57:42 Reply

many of us have stood up for this site time and time again, even when people who were role models of the site left because they felt they had "grown too big for newgrounds"

API and DavidOrr - I'm look at you

also if you have a beef with the site, there is a thread for the newgrounds evolution thread.. somewhere.. I can't rememebr where it is.. where you can voice your concerns.

Just remember eternal bitching about a site only makes the staff of said site view you as whiny little children who realistically don't deserve anything, nevermind the perks of being able to submit almost anythnig to a site dedicated to limitless creativity.

Sadly for some reason the majority of users on newgrounds seem to be talentless crocks who would rather spend as little effort as possible in their submissions - mainly in the flash portal - then contribute anything worthwhile. At least these adys anyways - but you cannot change users - you can only shape the site so that it attracts better people.

ShatterTheSky22
ShatterTheSky22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 11:00:46 Reply

At 12/16/10 10:52 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
Luckily the final was not as hard as i thought it was going to be and i passed it with a meh score

This final was as hard as I thought, but I think I still got a meh score thanks to my friend's study guide. I tried to absorb as much as I could as quick as I could and remember authors and titles (which all just blurred together anyway).

I can't imagine being focused on words and have to switch to numbers and formulas though. I'm not sure if that's worse than having 5 different literature classes and remembering "who and what is in which." But either way, nice job on getting through.

[TSR Audio]

[TSR Audio]
^__^

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 15:10:37 Reply

Hi, we are searching for a voice actor for a collab in the art forum. I was wondering if you guys know if somebody has made a list of female VAs on NG?

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 15:23:20 Reply

Well that was certainly embarrassing. I've got to stop drinking whenever I'm in a bad mood.

I came home last night, and my room mate looked right at me, and said "You are fucking drunk".

I said(probably mumbling incoherently) "What gives you that idea?", and then threw up right on the floor.

Course, no one cares. I've turned into that asshole who won't shut up about how he's drinking. I give you responsible drinkers a bad name.

Walk of shame..

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 15:31:26 Reply

At 12/16/10 03:23 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Walk of shame..

Hall of shame.

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 16:16:28 Reply

Finals
Stayed up till 6 in the morning last night working on one of my finals (because I didn't start it till 2), and woke up 4 hours later to get ready for my final at 1.

I took a shower, but then, a song popped into my head, so I had to sit down at my keyboard and noodle around a bit and record on my shitty cell phone the melody I came up with.

By that time it was 12:20, 40 away from my final. Went into the class room a half-hour early, crammed for 30 minutes, and took the final and walked out a champion.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.
~Morton Feldman
Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 17:32:06 Reply

At 12/16/10 04:16 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: Finals
Stayed up till 6 in the morning last night working on one of my finals (because I didn't start it till 2), and woke up 4 hours later to get ready for my final at 1.

I took a shower, but then, a song popped into my head, so I had to sit down at my keyboard and noodle around a bit and record on my shitty cell phone the melody I came up with.

By that time it was 12:20, 40 away from my final. Went into the class room a half-hour early, crammed for 30 minutes, and took the final and walked out a champion.

I'm the worst procrastinator ever
I've had about 5 hours of sleep in the last 2 days because of finals. My two hardest were today (actually have one in about 20 minutes and should probably be studying)

so off I go in mid story.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 17:44:31 Reply

At 12/16/10 04:16 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote:
I'm the worst procrastinator ever

You put the pro in procrastinate.

BBS Signature
ShatterTheSky22
ShatterTheSky22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 17:51:28 Reply

Dancing Games

Hey, I was just wondering if anybody's ever made a song specifically for a dancing game or given the OK to have someone put steps to their song. By dancing game I mean something like Stepmania, Flash Flash Revolution, or some other Dance Dance Revolution clone.

I've seen a few NG user's songs pop up in people's lists before and I've ever danced a couple myself.

[TSR Audio]

[TSR Audio]
^__^

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 18:17:59 Reply

Finals

theyre almost worth it for that "walking out the door feeling" when you finish you last one.
I like to call it freedom.

Slept about 4 hours in the past 3 days as well...

DiscJohnny
DiscJohnny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 18:20:55 Reply

At 12/16/10 08:09 AM, Stupor wrote: If you like Daft Punk

Grum - Heartbeats
Fucking awesome album. It's inspired by Daft Punk like Cheese Whiz is inspired by real cheese.

Cool! Thanks a lot for sharing, its really got that Daft Punk-ish feel to it, I really like it and might buy D:

But Daft is still on top for me :)

BBS Signature
Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 18:24:47 Reply

Thank fuck i live in Norway, no finals before christmas :D (at least not when studying Media and Communications)

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-16 20:17:58 Reply

About how that final was the hardest thing i've ever done ever.

/life

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat