Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 10:26:57 Reply

At 12/10/10 10:22 AM, KrisSumara wrote:
At 12/10/10 05:48 AM, Vultyrex wrote: Newgrounds General Chat

Does not work for me.
Same thing.

it was taken down cuz frankly.. it sucked.. and would crash all the time..

yuo acn get to it still by searchiong for it in the flash portal, if it's still even working.. they may have abandoned it entirely.

come to the newgrounds.com irc room instead - lots of fun and badmouthery abound :P

go to m ynewspost - the link is there.
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 10:58:29 Reply

At 12/10/10 10:26 AM, Chronamut wrote:

come to the newgrounds.com irc room instead - lots of fun and badmouthery abound :P

or the stickam thread late at night when the obnoxious annoying kiddies arent around.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 11:07:17 Reply

At 12/10/10 10:58 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
At 12/10/10 10:26 AM, Chronamut wrote:

or the stickam thread late at night when the obnoxious annoying kiddies arent around.

yes that too.

Pref. after 7:00 when twilight is no longer on.

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 20:32:29 Reply

At 12/10/10 02:17 PM, Bjra wrote: VEGAHNZ
A trailer for a movie that is coming out soon basically summarizes everything I was raving about a few pages back about how diet controls whether or not you get chronic illness or not LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QJCyd4Mk bc

Live fat die young is my life motto.

>.>

Anyway, I'm going to see Zappa Plays Zappa at the congress theater tomorrow. Fuck yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqmvKEvzj Ko

Warning, the above song is super gay. If you are homophobic or too sensitive to hear a super bitchin composition about a man's lust for another man's lips, you should probably back away.

This is seriously going to be the greatest concert I've ever been to.

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-10 20:52:33 Reply

For anyone not in the know, to give you the idea of the level of musicianship contained in this band.. Listen to Dweezil Zappa play Eruption.. Fucking perfectly. I've never heard anyone cover this and sound so close to the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiVV3sb36 aY

Though, I don't know how many people here are into non-electronic music(I know there are a few), some of the best players in the world played for the composer of this music, Frank Zappa(Dweezil Zappa's dad)

Steve Vai, Vinnie Colaiuta, Terry Bozzio, Jean Luc Ponte, George Duke, Chad Wackerman, Adrian Belew, Patrick O'Hearn, just to name a few.

Needless to say, I'm a pretty big fan. You don't see me posting this kind of stuff when I see Children of Bodom or Black Label Society. Hah.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 03:13:50 Reply

2 and a half hours of hic ups now

my thoughts: WTF

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 09:37:45 Reply

So sure enough...wikipedia properly diagnosed me. I looked up what my hic ups could be from and wikipedia led me to the conclusion that its due to high blood sugar. Since my mother has diabetes I went and got tested this morning....fucking got it too. I really did not expect to develop diabetes...I'm like the healthy eating child of the 3 of us children of her. I fucking ran cross country & track for 6 years too. And yet I end up with diabetes.

TeHLoY
TeHLoY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 09:48:12 Reply

At 12/11/10 09:37 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: So sure enough...wikipedia properly diagnosed me. I looked up what my hic ups could be from and wikipedia led me to the conclusion that its due to high blood sugar. Since my mother has diabetes I went and got tested this morning....fucking got it too. I really did not expect to develop diabetes...I'm like the healthy eating child of the 3 of us children of her. I fucking ran cross country & track for 6 years too. And yet I end up with diabetes.

Don't use the internet to diagnose yourself.
I've seen people with simple headaches diagnosing themselves with brain tumors.

Everyone has a sig... Except me. :(

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 10:04:30 Reply

At 12/11/10 09:49 AM, Bjra wrote: haha diabetes. Well luckily you can cure it in 30 days for very, very cheap. If you are interested, shoot me a pm. I'm not going to post a huge explanation here, last time I got ignored

Wait but isnt diabetes inheritive? So you cant really blame yourself for that.

Like in my case i can start to hallucinate if im under great stress.
My Mom has that problem to, so i just simply inherted from her. I just simply try to live with less stress as possible.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 10:11:06 Reply

At 12/11/10 10:04 AM, YouriX wrote:
At 12/11/10 09:49 AM, Bjra wrote: haha diabetes. Well luckily you can cure it in 30 days for very, very cheap. If you are interested, shoot me a pm. I'm not going to post a huge explanation here, last time I got ignored
Wait but isnt diabetes inheritive? So you cant really blame yourself for that.

Like in my case i can start to hallucinate if im under great stress.
My Mom has that problem to, so i just simply inherted from her. I just simply try to live with less stress as possible.

Yea my mother has it...I didnt just diagnose myself with diabetes, I had my mother test me.
Coincidentally I hallucinate movement, but thats related to possible other things.

Also @ BJRA

Diabetes isn't curable only maintainable. I am not at a point where I would need anything like that. It's relatively early stage diabetes.

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 10:56:23 Reply

Drawing contest between ME and a Friend

Can you guys pick the drawing you think is the best? You can be honest i dont care :)
link here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1217 150

djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 10:58:42 Reply

At 12/11/10 10:11 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Diabetes isn't curable only maintainable. I am not at a point where I would need anything like that. It's relatively early stage diabetes.

Yes this is true. What Bjra is referring to is the types of diabetes, specifically type 2. In which type 2 is a semi-life style disease (poor diet, lack or exercise, ect.), in which there is in fact a small period of time after diagnosis in which the mellitus can be reversed. This period of time is specific to the individual, but is usually relatively short, since 95% of the type 2 patients are over weight or injured in some manner that would not allow them to recover at a rate sufficient to revert the diabetes.

From the sound of it, it seems like you have type 1. "There is no known preventive measure against type 1 diabetes..." Which is why you have it even after a healthy life style. And it can affect anyone at any time in there life whether their 7 or 70, it's indifferent.

I'm no doctor I just paid attention in anatomy, so if I'm wrong about any of that, you'll know why.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 12:21:02 Reply

At 12/11/10 12:00 PM, Bjra wrote: Diabetes is curable completely. Go watch raw for 30 days. Sure you may refer to having to eat the solution diet for the rest of your life as "maintenance" but to me that means "cure"

*facepalm*

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 12:23:24 Reply

Just a word of advice, never watch the movie "What the #$*! Do We Know!?"

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 12:35:00 Reply

Just removed like 400 people from my msn manually, I kinda regret enabling a bigger contact list 3 years back....My finger is sore now :(. Anyone know of a good plugin for msn plus that automaticly removes people after a certain time of "not-speaking:itivity"?

Yes I just made a new word.

Kinda wasted space to have people on there I never talk to. :O
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 12:35:21 Reply

also don't ever listen to bjra for advice - he may end up killing you.

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 12:52:52 Reply

At 12/11/10 12:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: also don't ever listen to bjra for advice - he may end up killing you.

Aaaw c'mon guys he's just trying to help. Plus its just advice you dont have to take it. :P

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 13:03:01 Reply

I was not born with diabetes, this came on within the last year. Type 2 more likely. What BJRA says about processed food, even though he is extremely biased, is 99% true. I've seen all the movies he's told us about, I've read the Michael Pollen books about corn, and I've read a few others about nutrition too. They are all credible.

Like most people, my symptoms include lots of thirst and hunger, making dieting a bit harder then average people. I have the metabolism of a cows 3rd stomach...not great...I also hold down 3 jobs and have 8 college courses, so the combination of everything makes severe dieting a BITCH AND A HALF.

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 13:08:18 Reply

Eating a solution diet as a way to maintain your diabetes is literally no different than what a diabetic normally does. Insulin makes this easier, but you do not HAVE to take insulin if you are a diabetic.

If diabetes was cured, then the diabetic would be able to eat a bucket of ice cream every so often. It's like telling a person with erectile disfunction that the way to cure their wang problem is to just not use it. It's the same thing, except replace erectile disfunction with diabetes, and replace wang with pancreas.

If anything, I'm not getting the impression that this is a cure for diabetes, I get the impression that it is a way to make yourself more independent from the pharmaceutical system.

There is a difference.

Not trying to slam anyone to the ground here either, but the information that Bjra is giving here is very misleading, and I think it wouldn't do any harm to look at it in another way.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 13:17:30 Reply

At 12/11/10 12:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: also don't ever listen to bjra for advice - he may end up killing you.

Says you.

lel

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 16:15:48 Reply

retested 2 hours after eating. blood sugar should be under 100, was at 140. FML

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 18:32:13 Reply

Sometimes, i think i am crazy.
Not because i act retarded in public and i'm not stupid or anything, but..
When i am alone i like to make up all sorts of things. It usually happens when i am planning on taking a shower. I walk in the bathroom, lock the door and.. then i see myself in the mirror.
While i am looking at myself, a story starts in my head and i am always the main character. The stories are bizarre and sometimes absurd, but hilarious (to me). While this story unravels in my head i look at myself in the mirror and i act as if i really am in the story that is playing in my head.
Mostly, these stories are based on things i know i will encounter the following day. I take that what i will encounter and change it into a hilarious situation. Or the stories are based on things that i already encountered.
I don't always make up stories though. It can also be that i just pretend to be someone. A character. And then, in my head, i place that character (me) into a situation that doesn't fit with the character i currently am and so a sketch is born.
Or i just play a character and talk about things that that character would talk about to myself in the mirror.
But, whether i am crazy or not, i always end up laughing at myself.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 20:07:54 Reply

New Year's

I'm fuckin stoked =D

We're bringing out DJ Keoki for our New Year's Eve party... it's going to be ridiculous awesome. If anyone has ever thought about coming out to a show I've produced... this would be a great one to make the trip for!

Springfield MO - Get Together - 12-31-10

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 21:47:45 Reply

oh right .. new years.. guess I should plan something for that..

or something.. >_>..

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-11 22:14:20 Reply

At 12/11/10 06:32 PM, FairSquare wrote: Sometimes, i think i am crazy.

I do the same thing while taking a poop. You just have a vivid imagination is what it's called, not crazy. Mine are usually epic more so then funny but its the same essential thing, you are crawling into your brain and watching a movie in your own personal theater.

True Story

When I was LSD once i was too fried to stand so I layed down, which actually made my trip even more intense. I was lookin at my desk and my ethernet chord turn into a path, I took the path and it led into a cave. The cave was my own brain, and I burrowed in there thinking I had lost my mind and was going to be stuck in the cave the rest of my life....and I loved it.

turned out my eyes had just rolled behind my head lol
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 03:26:57 Reply

New Years

I may have a good Christmas/New Year holiday for once this year...

lel

BBS Signature
ShatterTheSky22
ShatterTheSky22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 03:53:10 Reply

At 12/11/10 10:14 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 12/11/10 06:32 PM, FairSquare wrote:
When I was LSD once i was too fried to stand so I layed down, which actually made my trip even more intense. I was lookin at my desk and my ethernet chord turn into a path, I took the path and it led into a cave. The cave was my own brain, and I burrowed in there thinking I had lost my mind and was going to be stuck in the cave the rest of my life....and I loved it.

Please tell me you wrote a song about this. Hell, I think I might. That's a hell of a trip. lmao

(Runs off to try LSD) xD

[TSR Audio]
Click the Banner To Visit My Music Page!
^__^

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-12-12 07:20:48 Reply

I must know my body really well now, because I know how I physically feel whenever I get sick, and all I need to do is sleep for two days.

lel

BBS Signature