New Topic Respond to this Topic
EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 11/28/10 06:12 AM, FairSquare wrote: Haven't seen you around much lately. How've you been? :)

Busy with school for the most part (I've written roughly 40 pages this month), as well as hooking up into two OCremix-related projects so most of my efforts are on that. And efforts indeed they are (I was stupid to take two at once!).

Plus the whole "review other peoples' songs in the ad thread and not getting nothin' in return" shtick was getting old so I took a break :p

Is it like ACT time or something, or is there another reason these personality-tests are rearing their ugly head? Ha ha.

So Christmas is starting to come up once more.
Everyone make themselves a wishlist?

If I gets enough money I think I might buy myself (aside from videogamez) audio stuff of sorts. Like actual programs lol.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.
~Morton Feldman
Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 05:59 PM Reply

aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

i'm so close to done. right now i'm sitting in a lame hotel in queens' answer to chinatown, just waiting until i can go to sleeeeep.

this week we hit queens, providence, nyc again, somewhere in CT and finally boston and then i can go home

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 06:22 PM Reply

Party like a rockstar dude

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 10:05 PM Reply

I gave ya a boost LaForge. Happens to everyone regardless of genre though, just gotta wait for things to get changed around when the redesign happens.

On a non-audio related, but kinda advertising note

I just launched a contest for a new logo.

I'm not rich, but I'm offering $50 and an affiliate link to the winner... and there is plenty of potential for future commission work here. I decided rather than slaving over a computer for weeks and producing another mediocre one on my own, it'd make a lot more sense to see what actual artists can do.

I know there are plenty of artists in here that might not check the other forums much, so I figured it'd be a decent idea to post in the lounge as well. =)

Related newspost entry

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 11/28/10 04:15 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: So Christmas is starting to come up once more.
Everyone make themselves a wishlist?

Oh my, it really is that time of the year!

I had not even written up a wishlist yet. If anything I may just ask for a bunch of CD's from various artists or bands and what have you. The question however is what albums to wish for. Suggestions, anyone?

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 03:35 AM Reply

If you block/ignore someone from ending you PMs, when the try to send you one does it tell them?

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 03:35 AM Reply

It does not

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 03:36 AM Reply

Depends on if Animal Collective or Radiohead have released anything recently >_>

And Tortoise hasn't released an album for a year, and I don't expect another one for another 5 years. : (

I keep on accumulating Steve Reich CDs, and that makes me a happy man, but that's a very acquired taste.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 03:37 AM Reply

oh sorry misunderstood your question. I think you get an error and it doesn't allow the PM to be sent. But the one who did the act of blocking will not be notified

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 03:37 AM Reply

^^^ MY POST IS A REPLY TO ALFRAYDO

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 03:39 AM Reply

^^^ MY POST lS A REPLY TO lNVISIBLEOBSERVER

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 03:41 AM Reply

^^^SBB TOO SEXY FOR SHIRT

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature
Gravey
Gravey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 04:23 AM Reply

To sort of explain the "junior high personality test" that EmperorCharlamagne referred to it as, the Myers-Briggs typology test is actually a very accurate test that shows how one perceives the world. Despite the fact that uninformed people would simply refer to it as a simple personality test, it is much more than that. What it intends to do is show how you see the world around you, how you interact with the world, and determine certain aspects of life that you find to be important or not.

It isn't just a random facebook test where some teenie bopper created a bunch of questions and then threw in some randomly generated title results as rewards. Nearly a century of studies in the psychology community has gone into tweaking and improving the process, questions, and results. It is not only popular with professors who are working with new freshman trying to figure out who they are in a new and confusing environment, but many fortune 500 companies use this test as a barometer when hiring new employees for management and executive positions. And if that means nothing to you, then let me explain it by saying those positions are typically the positions that people are paid six figures or more annually. It's not slouch jobs that these companies use this test for.

Many of you who go to college will probably take this test at least once, if not several times. It is often used by professors who are teaching the "welcome to college" class that is typically labeled as a "University College" course worth about 1-3 credits that basically teaches students how to be successful with their college career. It is used by these professors to help show students their tendencies as individuals, likely career choices that would fit their personality, and areas a student might need to work on in terms of social interaction to help give them a better shot at reaching their career goals.

It is for different reasons companies use this as a form of the hiring process. It helps to determine those who are applying for a job are more naturally inclined to fit the atmosphere, philosophy, and direction that the company wishes to pursue. For example if you are the CEO of an up and coming company who wants to be aggressive in the market place and challenge well established competitors immediately, it would be wise to make sure you hire a management team that is driven by outward team success. If a company hires someone who is introverted and individually driven it is more likely that the company would falter. Because they will naturally value their individual results and rewards more so than the company's.

Is it a guarantee? No. Is it 100% accurate? No.

But, I would recommend that everyone take it at least one. And spend at least 5 minutes thinking about each question. Because if you take it quickly you will almost always come up with different results. A professor that had me take it in a freshman college course, public speaking 101, told us to spend 5 minutes on each question. And during that five minutes come up with 5 examples from our lives that fit the question. Then answer the question accordingly.

We took the tests the first day of the class and he kept our results, never telling us what they were. Then the second to last day of the class he had us retake them again. Every single student in my class was in the same temperament each time they took the test. Some ended up with different personalities, but the fact that everyone scored in the same temperament each time they took it was very telling of the amount of time and energy and thought that has been put into the test, and how accurate it was. For the most part it is very accurate and should be taken seriously. Cause you might have to actually take this test if you are applying for certain jobs with specific companies.

I just thought I would share this since people weren't actually understanding what this test is actually about. It's not just a personality test that tells you if you like large crowds, or are a momma's boy, or should really start listening to more hip hop. It intends to, and often correctly does, give insights to the individual's psychological makeup. Which is important to not just know, but to understand.

As SBB said, he knows himself fine. But just because you know who you are doesn't always mean you recognize your weaknesses socially or where you need to improve when dealing with certain aspects of life. Especially when regarding one's desired career. This test can help those that don't actually sit down and think about it to realize what type of person they are, and most likely what type of person other people see them as. Not everyone is as sure of themselves as others, such as you SBB, might be.

And please note I used the phrase "sure of themselves" and not the phrase "full of themselves." They mean two totally different things and I don't want people misunderstanding my intentions with that comment.

In case you didn't feel like reading the long explanation, I'll make a short version here to end this post. The Briggs-Myers type indicator is important in a lot of ways. You should take it seriously and use it to grow as a person. Because it does give insights about the individual that one might not realize on their own.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 05:12 AM Reply

It's a lounge guys, no need to make essays :3

lel

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 05:37 AM Reply

At 11/29/10 05:12 AM, Sequenced wrote: It's a lounge guys, no need to make essays :3

I found it a very much interesting read. I took that test thinking only briefly about each question, thinking my first idea would be the best; but I guess I'll re-do it sometime.

On a side note, we haven't seen you around much lately, where have you been? Or is it because you've just been posting with your alt, InvisibleObserver?

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 05:52 AM Reply

well about the test, i think its accurate for me cause ive taken such tests a few times and the result is 'always' the same (INTP - engineer) so something must be accurate about it.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 06:23 AM Reply

Jung is the fucking shit.He is a seriously rare dude.

Prodigal
Prodigal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 06:36 AM Reply

Personality tests

Sure, they are fun, but if you would rather hear from a test that you're a hard worker, and not tell yourself that or have your friends tell you that, you really need to learn more about yourself.

Even though you will answer with the truth to your fullest extent, they are still inaccurate at times, like what Gravey said.

I remember hearing this phrase over and over, "No one can ever tell you what you want to be. Only you can."

So yeah. Ask yourself these sorts of questions that you see on the personality test before clicking or writing away. I know it's nice to see what your traits match up with, but wouldn't it be better if you experimented different jobs in life?

also,

At 11/28/10 12:06 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: Accurate? Shit, my result changes every time I take the test. This is the 3rd time in my life that I've taken it.

Maybe it's just because I'm dynamic.

*strikes a pose*

You're nothing but an egotistic bastard that obviously rushes through things. If you take time to think about every question on these tests, maybe you won't get random results and bitch about it.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 08:33 AM Reply

I don't know if the test is somethnig that tells you where to improve per say - it shows you what your personality is- everyone has their strong and weak points - and due to your personality - you may not NEED to improve one or the other. If you are an introverted person lookign for a position in a large firm then perhaps you really aren't suited for that position and should find something that is geared more towards your specific personality and needs.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 10:36 AM Reply

At 11/29/10 06:36 AM, Prodigal wrote: You're nothing but an egotistic bastard that obviously rushes through things. If you take time to think about every question on these tests, maybe you won't get random results and bitch about it.

Given the many years of space between tests and how I have indeed changed over the years, I don't think it's odd that my results have changed.

I wasn't bitching by the way, I was being facetious.

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 01:27 PM Reply

USER OF THE DAY?!

Envy? NAH! He sucks at posting and has nothing positive to contribute to this community.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 11/29/10 01:27 PM, TMM43 wrote: USER OF THE DAY?!

Envy? NAH! He sucks at posting and has nothing positive to contribute to this community.

About time an audio fag got one.

lel

Vultyrex
Vultyrex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 02:04 PM Reply

How the hell do you code that CD image of your song into posts without just putting a stupid ass noob like link to your song instead? I'm tired of not knowing how to do it after 5 years of being here.

Just lurking...

Step
Step
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 02:08 PM Reply

At 11/29/10 02:04 PM, Vultyrex wrote: How the hell do you code that CD image of your song into posts without just putting a stupid ass noob like link to your song instead? I'm tired of not knowing how to do it after 5 years of being here.

Just post the link of the song. Don't use any HTML. Copy the full link of the song and paste the link in a line of its own.

So like this:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/<
ID>

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Vultyrex
Vultyrex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 02:11 PM Reply

Well, I'll be a fraternizing rapist of rhinos. Didn't know it was that simple. Should be somewhere for people to easily read but I'm sure someone will reply and say that it is. I wear glasses for a reason.

Just lurking...

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 02:36 PM Reply

Eye infection

I have it.
Last Wednesday, i got the flu. I spent Thursday, Friday and the first half of Saturday in bed. After that, it got better and on Sunday i felt ok.
Sunday evening though, my eyes were starting to hurt and tear a bit.
This morning when i woke up, my eyelids were attached to each other because a huge amount of dried tears.
So i went to a doctor, got some eye gel and now i'll be probably ill the whole week -_-

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 11/29/10 02:36 PM, FairSquare wrote: Eye infection

Man that bitch can HURT

especially if you're allergic to something common and need to use contact lenses

and the whole "solid eye fluids gluing eyes together" ordeal is just nasty

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 02:41 PM Reply

Farting on peoples pillows

So much fun.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 02:42 PM Reply

Shitting on peoples pillows

Not very fun in the long run.

Vultyrex
Vultyrex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2010 @ 02:44 PM Reply

Bumper Stickers

When you can make your own bumper stickers, its fun sticking an "I support KKK" on the back of your enemy's vehicle.

Just lurking...