New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 12:27 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 11:59 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Is anyone growing a beard?

Nice double post.

I'm doing no shave no vember, though all I can grow are whiskers.

lel

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 12:26 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Is anyone growing a beard?

I shaved my throat today, but the rest i only trimmed.
Im not going for a full beard because i think americain inventions like beard season are ridiculous.
most inventions by america are tbh.

I just have a beard when i think it suits me, and when i think having no beard suits me i will have no beard.

Dont ask me how my beard feel, its fucking cold though.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 01:25 PM Reply

BEARDS

I have never heard of growing a beard during november as an american thing. i believe rucklo does it every year and he is from sweden. sequenced is from the UK... i think its just an internet thing tbh

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 12:26 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Is anyone growing a beard?

cuz i havent shaved in three weeks. not exactly lumberjack status but then again i have never grown out my facial hair this much before. I would post a pic but im using a wifi connection at work and I'm only getting vapors of it. I tried but it just wont upload. ill post a pic when i can get into a real connection

now where the fuck did i leave my hatchet?

dude I never shave ever.

I have my standard johnny depp facial hair going - the whole vangyke thnig that doesn't connect up - although my captain morgan goatee is still persisting even as my ergular beard grows in underneath it - which makes me look like one of the 3 musketeers..

also symbolcymbal i demand pictures - I wanna see how much hotter a beard makes you :p

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 01:25 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: BEARDS

I have never heard of growing a beard during november as an american thing. i believe rucklo does it every year and he is from sweden. sequenced is from the UK... i think its just an internet thing tbh

actually it's called movember and people do it in support of prostate cancer.. apparently..

I just do it becasue I hate my face clean shaven - I want as few twink references to me as I can possibly get.. ever.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 02:24 PM Reply

Beard race

Yeah, me and my buddies will probably have a beard-race this year again. We shave our faces including nose-hair et the end of November, and let it grow a pre-decided amount of time. Last year it was up until xmas, but some of my buddies wanna stretch it this time... I won't let my beard grow wild longer than February however, as I'll start with my final thesis at a company then. And I don't wanna look the savage I am, it's better to ease the people over there into that insight...

The "Mustache-fight" against prostate-cancer is something else, btw. It's in like April, I belive, and doesn't have the same selfish purpose that the xmas-beard had from the start...

Initially, the thought was to let the facial hair grow wild until the day before xmas. By then everyone will be used to your savage look, and when you shave and fix your face it will draw quite some attention. Everyone will think you look stylish with your newly shaven face, and WILL NOT NOTICE THAT YOU'RE NOT WEARING YOUR GOOD SUITE! So, it's basically a distraction to be able to wear soft-pants and other comfortable clothes, instead of some silly suit or whatever.

lewl

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 02:28 PM Reply

wait.. you SHAVE it at christmas time??

fuck that.. I'll just let it grow to posiedon-like lengths.

High Society

so one of the members of high socity suggested that we start to advertise the irc turned club thread - I assume she means in our sigs - so I have started - anyone that wants to follow suit click the link in my sig and link to it - or make a foppishly stylish sig for it and post it as your sig pic linking to it ;)

FOR THE GOOD OLD MEMORIES THAT HIGH SOCIETY TUESDAYS BROUGHT!

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 03:34 PM Reply

absurd beards

guys i win again come on

The Audio Forum Lounge

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 03:47 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 11/26/10 03:34 PM, loansindi wrote: absurd beards

guys i win again come on
Your mustache reminds me of Jaime from Mythbusters.

it's getting there.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 04:10 PM Reply

Little kids

They are playing outside and having fun. And making a lot of noise.
Should i go out there and shout at them? Fucking kids, having fun.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 04:52 PM Reply

I'm originally American :P

God damn why do people forget that.

lel

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 04:52 PM, Sequenced wrote:

I'm originally American :P

God damn why do people forget that.

because you live in the UK... but i will make a note of it as to never forget again

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 04:54 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
because you live in the UK... but i will make a note of it as to never forget again

I hate being an American though. :D

Fuck this accent.

lel

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 04:10 PM, FairSquare wrote: Little kids

Tell them to get off your lawn. Make sure to wave your cane so that they know you mean business.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 05:48 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/26/10 04:10 PM, FairSquare wrote: Little kids

Tell them to get off your lawn. Make sure to wave your cane so that they know you mean business.

Apparently, they have no respect for the elderly.
I told them to fuck off and they told me that they didn't blame me for being so mad, because they could imagine that it must be hard to live alone, seeing everyone around you slowly dieing.
Now i am even more mad. Or sad. I DON'T KNOW, ARGGHHH

BBS Signature
CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:11 PM Reply

I prescribe alcohol.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:17 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: I prescribe alcohol.

As much as i hate those annoying kids, i won't give them alcohol at such an early age.

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:17 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 11/26/10 06:11 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: I prescribe alcohol.
As much as i hate those annoying kids, i won't give them alcohol at such an early age.

I dont think he means to give it to them.

I think he means to smash the bottles on their head and then make them inhale the vapor so they become more docile for you to put their paralysed bodies in funny poses..

atleast thats what i would do.

my god im full of good ideas.. btw did i tell you guys that 8 bits are pretty good.

btw i watched the movie inception yesterday, i hated hans zimmer for 40 years now and finally he made music for a movie that was not bland, copied from another score or uninspired whatsoever. (sure hans zimmer.. you may make movies for big buck blockbusters.. if i had your instrumentation and programs i would blow your garbage away with hardly any effort)

Were was i.. oh yea so i watched this movie and i do think the music was pretty tension emitting this time.

So now i cant say hans zimmer is shit anymore because i think atleast one ost he made was ok.

fuck my life.. its all going to hell.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:23 PM, Calamaistr wrote: my god im full of good ideas.. btw did i tell you guys that 8 bits are pretty good.

Are you really 27 years of age?

i hated hans zimmer for 40 years now and finally he made music for a movie that was not bland, copied from another score or uninspired whatsoever. (sure hans zimmer.. you may make movies for big buck blockbusters.. if i had your instrumentation and programs i would blow your garbage away with hardly any effort)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5uYB9T_G lY

Your arrogance makes me cringe.

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:23 PM, Calamaistr wrote :

i'm a giant penis and i love myself so much and wow man tell me how awesome i am i rip on composers who actually make an impression in the world because i suck
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:23 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
i can restore the continental bridge between alaska and asia with the amount of sand in my vagina.

i believe it

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:30 PM, Mich wrote:
At 11/26/10 06:23 PM, Calamaistr wrote: my god im full of good ideas.. btw did i tell you guys that 8 bits are pretty good.
Are you really 27 years of age?

i hated hans zimmer for 40 years now and finally he made music for a movie that was not bland, copied from another score or uninspired whatsoever. (sure hans zimmer.. you may make movies for big buck blockbusters.. if i had your instrumentation and programs i would blow your garbage away with hardly any effort)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5uYB9T_G lY

Your arrogance makes me cringe.

jesus christ i might have to make a site like maddox for people not to emediately cry about every little detail of what i post in a topic designed to be 85% salt and 2% water and another 2% wine.
(the rest penis)

If hans zimmer had stuck to that way of composing i mightve actually apreciated his music, do i need to remind you of the rock? and the 101 movies that followed that had the exact same theme?

Anyway back to 8 bit, it has come to my understanding that you do not think this is a worthy subject for the lounge, very well.
Instead we shall talk about the texture of the average penis.. if it were in 8bit.
This is completely hypothetical though.

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:39 PM Reply

So much hate, why can't we all just get along and huff Jenkem while watching cheesy horror movies? We're all brothers and sisters of the sound or something right?

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:38 PM, Calamaistr wrote: i won a contest for crying once, but I was forced to cry because they didn't also give me second place, I mean what the fuck i was the best at crying in that whole fucking contest *sob*

sad story

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:39 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote: So much hate, why can't we all just get along and huff Jenkem while watching cheesy horror movies? We're all brothers and sisters of the sound or something right?

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

no idea, and i applaud the sore loser that just 0'oed my latest work in an attempt to 'get back at him bro, he's dissing the BEST COMPOSER EVER HANS ZIMMER WHO HAS A BEST MUSICS AND ALSO MAKED THE LION KINS' or something like it.

ive once tried to be someones brother but that didnt really work out, probably cause i didnt really know the guy.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:38 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
At 11/26/10 06:30 PM, Mich wrote: Your arrogance makes me cringe.
jesus christ i might have to make a site like maddox for people not to emediately cry about every little detail of what i post in a topic designed to be 85% salt and 2% water and another 2% wine.
(the rest penis)

My comment was directed at you claiming that you'd blow zimmer, a renowned succesful composer that makes movign pieces, out of the water when given his gear.

If you were actually that remarkably good, you'd have made it big time already.

I find that those who brag the most about their skills are often those whose skills are laughable, whereas the most modest ones you don't hear are the ones with the true skills, who make fantastic stuff.

Note, I'm not trying to imply anything about myself here, I know that my stuff is pretty mediocre.
And by that note I'm not trying to be ironic or anything, you know what I mean.
Polyface
Polyface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:43 PM Reply

Topic is now about 1-Bit

i think it's the best bit i ever heard. Who needs 7 more bits when you can have 1

it's really refreshing

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:44 PM Reply

Also, double post; did you sir, just imply that I would actually go as low as lowering your goddamned scores over an argument?

Do you think I'm like 9 years old or something?

I'm done with this shit.
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:45 PM Reply

Harmonica

I bought myself a diatonic harmonica and i am going to learn to play the bitch.
And yes, this is my attempt to change the subject because of all the hate and stuff.

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 06:46 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 06:42 PM, Calamaistr wrote: oh no my scores went down again someone must have zero bombed me! I am so important, how could someone do that%u203D i can't fucking believe someone might vote less than five on one of my songs

i hear you bro