Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 01:53:55 Reply

At 11/14/10 08:42 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 11/14/10 08:07 PM, Chronamut wrote: loans I've often wondered - how exactly did you come up with your username?
i'm pretty sure we've talked about it. it's a typo, i was using the name 'lonas indi' in a MUD around the time I signed up for NG.

and what the hell does lonas indi mean lol..

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 02:08:42 Reply

At 11/15/10 01:53 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 11/14/10 08:07 PM, Chronamut wrote: loans I've often wondered - how exactly did you come up with your username?
i'm pretty sure we've talked about it. it's a typo, i was using the name 'lonas indi' in a MUD around the time I signed up for NG.

Its a typo of "Jonas Bindi" from when loans was on his Jonas brothers binge. He wanted to collect all their merchandise, including the Indian line of clothing and accessories.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 03:30:33 Reply

I love you Rig

The Audio Forum Lounge

lel

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 03:41:39 Reply

At 11/14/10 07:53 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 11/14/10 06:02 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
Sure i would like to give a workshop but on what? FL8 aint free.
does the school have a budget? maybe a computer lab?

No idea actually, ive only aquantanced (no idea how to spell that, but i guess thats it) to the particular teacher recently, attended a concert twice in wich he played the flute.
Ive mailed with him, had him listen to my work and he then brought it up.

Im sure they have the money but i cant go and ask them to buy fruityloops 8 twenty times just for a workshop. And how should i handle it i cant read notes, the way i make music is least said 'personal. I do it all on ear really.. its hard to teach someone that, especially music students on university that are used to compose by notes.

I find it very flattering though, i guess ill have to decline and instead perhaps just give some compositional ideas here and there..

You guys would have said 'hell yes' and ran outside the door already right?
God im weird.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 10:30:37 Reply

At 11/15/10 02:08 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 11/15/10 01:53 AM, Chronamut wrote:
Its a typo of "Jonas Bindi" from when loans was on his Jonas brothers binge. He wanted to collect all their merchandise, including the Indian line of clothing and accessories.

lol thatd be creepy.

Those that listen, view, rate, but don't review

been noticing that a lot lately.. and I go, and direct link them to people - and theyre like "thats great!" - well friggen TELL me that in a review! If ya don't, then I just assume people don't like it.

I think erviews have evolved from encouraging us to improve to being a stat thnig of how successful our songs are - just by how much exposure they're getting..

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 10:36:21 Reply

At 11/15/10 03:30 AM, Sequenced wrote: I love you Rig

what.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 10:37:58 Reply

At 11/15/10 10:30 AM, Chronamut wrote:
I think erviews have evolved from encouraging us to improve to being a stat thnig of how successful our songs are - just by how much exposure they're getting..

My my you're catching on quickly...

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 10:43:52 Reply

At 11/15/10 03:41 AM, Calamaistr wrote:
You guys would have said 'hell yes' and ran outside the door already right?

yes and no. i've actually been taking a lot of education courses at my school with the intention of learning how to teach. it's tough and it takes a lot of preparation and planning to do it right. or it takes a lot of knowledge on your subject coupled with a good understanding of the people your teaching. only an idiot or a natural would jump into giving seminars so don't do it unless you feel comfortable. not being prepared to teach even one class can lead to frustration for both the teacher and the pupil.

Do you like BEATBOX AGAIN?

AudioBorG
AudioBorG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 13:00:23 Reply

At 11/15/10 10:43 AM, Quarl wrote: not being prepared to teach even one class can lead to frustration for both the teacher and the pupil.

^This i remember when i had to give a small workshop on how to make a simple website. It was a school project so nothing big compared to yours.

But one tip i can gve is to make it REALLY simple. You dont have to teach them how to use the mixer, automation and junk in one day.

Just spend about 10min explaining the basic options and then let them fool around a bit and get used to FL's user interface.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 13:50:12 Reply

I don't give a fuck about my posts anymore.

Have some jokes, guys.

lel

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 14:40:30 Reply

Practical music exam

At the end of my (short) school year, we have a practical music exam at my school.
Everyone who has chosen Music as one of their classes has to do a performance.
Now, i am thinking of singing this song.
However, i have no idea of the difficulty of the song. Is it hard to play on guitar? And on bass guitar?

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 15:30:52 Reply

At 11/15/10 01:50 PM, Sequenced wrote: I don't give a fuck about my posts anymore.

Have some jokes, guys.

about fucking time dude - I've been doing that for years ;)

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 16:39:16 Reply

At 11/15/10 10:30 AM, Chronamut wrote: Those that listen, view, rate, but don't review

been noticing that a lot lately.. and I go, and direct link them to people - and theyre like "thats great!" - well friggen TELL me that in a review! If ya don't, then I just assume people don't like it.

See I only review when first of all I'm not too lazy. I can like a song just fine, and not feel like reviewing it.
I like to review when a song is so astoundingly good that I feel like pointing out the different things that made me like it.

I also like to review when there are a couple of points I feel could be improved on, and I think I can actually offer good advice on said points.

Other than that, if I just like a track, I'll tell the person over msn, or toss a good vote on there. Perhaps share it on a social networking site if I really like it.

But yeah, reviewing, for me, is only something I do when I actually have something to say, not like "Man that was awesome, keep it up!", as that's a comment, not a review.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 17:08:06 Reply

Fuck Love

No one understands or at least accept my affections when it comes to it. Even if they do - they are going to dump me and shit on everything that I spent on.

When I'm 18, I'm going to buy cigarettes and smoke myself to ashes, I already can't handle Depression and Anxiety.

Hooray for being single and a douchebag for the rest of my life.

Fuck you all to those who think this is childish. You don't know where I come from.

lel

BBS Signature
YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 17:59:39 Reply

At 11/15/10 05:08 PM, Sequenced wrote: Fuck Love

Wait, weren't you the one who was dissing my love isseus? Or are you trollin?

Because i can get me a girlfriend just not the one that i want. :P

Is true what they, say you dont always get what you want in life...
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:05:37 Reply

This thread is starting to develop a serious lack in COCKS again.
Chronamut, please rectify this situation.

lol rectify, geddit?
haha
Hurp durp
But seriously, cocks.

Coding

Just to make this post not a complete bunch of necessary spam, I think I'm starting to get pretty darn good at coding. I've learned many pretty advanced techniques in JavaScript over the last few months, and lately, I've been reading up on some more advance PHP as well. I assume hanging around in IRC chatroom related to the two does help a lot, as you get to talk to people who are a lot better than you at what they do; and sometimes to people who have no clue what they're doing as well, but then it's just fun to get the feeling you're pretty damn good.

/messy paragraph

Wheeeee.

RetromanOMG
RetromanOMG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:28:29 Reply

Hey guys.

Jeez, my visits to this thread are so few and far between, but you seem to share my interests.

Music, school drama...cocks...All that jazz.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:29:37 Reply

At 11/15/10 05:59 PM, YouriX wrote:
Wait, weren't you the one who was dissing my love isseus?

Fuck off you, no one likes a person who boasts about girls.

lel

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:36:53 Reply

At 11/15/10 06:05 PM, Mich wrote: This thread is starting to develop a serious lack in COCKS again.

ummm, someone asked him to do that once and he literally posted a pic of his own cock...

careful what you ask for :(

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:38:19 Reply

At 11/15/10 06:05 PM, Mich wrote: This thread is starting to develop a serious lack in COCKS again.

Not even the mighty Chron can stop MEEEEE!! MHAHAHAHAH!!!
So more PUSSY for EVERYONE!!!

At 11/15/10 06:05 PM, Mich wrote: Stuff about coding

Funny you would talk about coding since ive been getting into ActionScript3.0
Its a much more fun scripting with it then ACS2.0
Im making a little game right now. But i wont upload it ofcourse once im done mastering ASC3.0 i will start making me some cool beat up games that could rival Dad'n me or Madness Hydraulic.

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:38:37 Reply

At 11/15/10 05:08 PM, Sequenced wrote: Fuck you all to those who think this is childish. You don't know where I come from.

Everyone thinks that their case is special. You will get over this hump eventually, and hopefully you use this experience to better yourself as a person.

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:39:31 Reply

and wait, sequenced that was kind of out of line. there's no need to bring any negative vibes in here. all things can be said via pm.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:42:46 Reply

At 11/15/10 05:08 PM, Sequenced wrote:
Fuck you all to those who think this is childish. You don't know where I come from.

"Major Depressive Disorder is the leading cause of disability in the U.S. for ages 15-44.
Major depressive disorder affects approximately 14.8 million American adults, or about 6.7 percent of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year."

"Approximately 40 million American adults ages 18 and older, or about 18. percent of people in this age group in a given year, have an anxiety disorder."

And my girlfriend has an anxiety disorder.

You aren't alone.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:49:00 Reply

Signature

I need one, but I suck at making them. Well, I could make one, but I would feel cooler if somebody did it for me :3

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 18:55:05 Reply

Plasma

Currently donating plasma, but somethings weird. I can taste the saline and I feel lightheaded. Is that bad?

Album

I'll be playing for the third time at a local art gallery this or next friday. I've been DEMANDED to make CD's, and this one will be a lot better than my first attempt. I've got roughly >40 minutes of audio this time around, and a lot of new unreleased stuff. I'm excited.

I'll also be playing at my cities art gallery, the Fort Wayne Museum of Art on dec. 11th.

Fun stuff

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 21:00:41 Reply

At 11/15/10 06:38 PM, YouriX wrote:
Not even the mighty Chron can stop MEEEEE!! MHAHAHAHAH!!!
So more PUSSY for EVERYONE!!!

I can see it now...

In the future there are going to be factions within the audio forum. Two distinct groups that have what they think are separate goals and ideals, but are actually the same things. One for pussies, and the other for cocks. The arguments will erupt into mass anarchy. Soon there will be flame riots and spam wars like never before. All those who oppose the opposite group will perish in piles upon piles of useless and derogatory text. Then there will be not a single thread left for either side to stand upon.

The end is near my friends. Repent... repent...

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 21:33:55 Reply

At 11/15/10 05:08 PM, Sequenced wrote: Fuck you all to those who think this is childish. You don't know where I come from.

Likely from the same place more than a few of us have been at some point.

alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 22:08:25 Reply

Love

Love is such a fickle matter. It's better to have loved than not love at all.

At 11/15/10 09:00 PM, djInTheDark wrote: The end is near my friends. Repent... repent...

cocks... cocks...

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-16 02:25:35 Reply

At 11/15/10 01:50 PM, Sequenced wrote: I don't give a fuck about my posts anymore.

Have some jokes, guys.

Sweet.

No one understands or at least accept my affections when it comes to it. Even if they do - they are going to dump me and shit on everything that I spent on.

When I'm 18, I'm going to buy cigarettes and smoke myself to ashes, I already can't handle Depression and Anxiety.

I'm feeling let down in the joke department.

Or am I.

Attempted to post this before I tacked on this line, apparently my post was 666 characters long, and 86% of my post was quoted. Posting DENIED. Evil is afoot.

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-16 03:21:20 Reply

actually i do understand where you come from ive been single for ten years, ive been actively looking for a girl for 5, all these stupid chicks want is sex, they dont want to commit and i am someone who's looking for a companion.. a girl-friend.. not a goddamn fuckslave.
If i wanted that i would visit a hooker.

You're right though, love doesnt seem to exist anymore in this world.
p.s. being single means also not having sex, it doesnt mean i go out around clubs cause i dont go to clubs. (way to loud and only drunk ppl there)

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)