BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 12:47:32 Reply

My mother decided to invest in my business today. I bought this and this and this...
I also have a web designer building my website logicaldefiance.com, and a graphic designer working with him developing business cards and a logo and a bunch of other shit.

im fuckin happy as shit.

AWWWWW SkEET SKEEET MUTHaFUCKAAAAA

AWWWWW SkEET SKEEET GOdDAMN

AMP
AMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 13:19:20 Reply

Lossy

I always thought Lossy was a funny word.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 16:14:08 Reply

At 11/14/10 01:19 PM, AMP wrote: Lossy

I always thought Lossy was a funny word.

Is Lossy one of those sentence and answers?

lel

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 17:00:10 Reply

At 11/14/10 12:47 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: My mother decided to invest in my business today. I bought this and this and this...
I also have a web designer building my website logicaldefiance.com, and a graphic designer working with him developing business cards and a logo and a bunch of other shit.

Hot damn that's handy that she wants to invest in your business.

Also you could've asked me about the web design ;)

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 17:19:23 Reply

At 11/14/10 05:00 PM, Mich wrote: Also you could've asked me about the web design ;)

You actually were 2nd in line. A childhood friend of mine does it so I had him up top.

Hot damn that's handy that she wants to invest in your business.

Hot damn indeed!

Prodigal
Prodigal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 18:01:47 Reply

Banks are retarded.

So my mom and I walk over to Gamestop to buy Black Ops (360) and Orange Box (PC)

We honestly thought that we'd be able to do something right for once without an obstacle getting in our way, but of course, the money my mom put in the bank yesterday (Not telling you the number but it was a larger amount) wasn't available for withdraw, even though she deposited it with a CERTIFIED CHEQUE. She had no money on her either, so we ended up walking home with nothing but our minds full of confusion and frustration. Sure, we could probably get the money tomorrow, but it's retarded how the certified cheque my mom cashed in wasn't available for use right away.

I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks, I hate banks...
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 18:02:37 Reply

man..

a university music teacher asked me if i wanted to give workshops for digital music creation.
I dont know what to answer.

Sure i would like to give a workshop but on what? FL8 aint free.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 18:15:11 Reply

"Banks are retarded"

Banks do tend to take a while to process transactions, I believe. I'm not sure this is the case with cheques as well, but yeah. Whenever I transfer some money from one bank to the other (or to paypal), it tends to take a couple of days to arrive.

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 18:50:50 Reply

banks

You didn't deposit that check after 3pm did you? That's a pretty standard cutoff.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 19:53:41 Reply

At 11/14/10 06:02 PM, Calamaistr wrote:

does the school have a budget? maybe a computer lab?

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 20:07:41 Reply

At 11/14/10 06:50 PM, loansindi wrote: banks

You didn't deposit that check after 3pm did you? That's a pretty standard cutoff.

loans I've often wondered - how exactly did you come up with your username?

Nechura
Nechura
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 20:38:29 Reply

NanoStudio

Just bought it last night. It's a pretty awesome lil' app and it makes me quite horny knowing that I can make music wherever the fuck I want now. There's a few sucky things about it like the inability to sidechain (I'm not 100% sure about this though, does anyone know if you can?) and the lack of an EQ but this is coming in a future version I believe. All that aside, if you have an iPhone or an iTouch, get it right now!

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 20:42:05 Reply

At 11/14/10 08:07 PM, Chronamut wrote: loans I've often wondered - how exactly did you come up with your username?

i'm pretty sure we've talked about it. it's a typo, i was using the name 'lonas indi' in a MUD around the time I signed up for NG.

Prodigal
Prodigal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-14 23:27:03 Reply

At 11/14/10 06:50 PM, loansindi wrote: banks

I wouldn't know, I prefer not to poke into my mom's financial situations and stuff like that unless I know that I won't be bugging her.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 01:53:55 Reply

At 11/14/10 08:42 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 11/14/10 08:07 PM, Chronamut wrote: loans I've often wondered - how exactly did you come up with your username?
i'm pretty sure we've talked about it. it's a typo, i was using the name 'lonas indi' in a MUD around the time I signed up for NG.

and what the hell does lonas indi mean lol..

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 02:08:42 Reply

At 11/15/10 01:53 AM, Chronamut wrote:

Its a typo of "Jonas Bindi" from when loans was on his Jonas brothers binge. He wanted to collect all their merchandise, including the Indian line of clothing and accessories.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 03:30:33 Reply

I love you Rig

The Audio Forum Lounge

lel

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 03:41:39 Reply

At 11/14/10 07:53 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 11/14/10 06:02 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
does the school have a budget? maybe a computer lab?

No idea actually, ive only aquantanced (no idea how to spell that, but i guess thats it) to the particular teacher recently, attended a concert twice in wich he played the flute.
Ive mailed with him, had him listen to my work and he then brought it up.

Im sure they have the money but i cant go and ask them to buy fruityloops 8 twenty times just for a workshop. And how should i handle it i cant read notes, the way i make music is least said 'personal. I do it all on ear really.. its hard to teach someone that, especially music students on university that are used to compose by notes.

I find it very flattering though, i guess ill have to decline and instead perhaps just give some compositional ideas here and there..

You guys would have said 'hell yes' and ran outside the door already right?
God im weird.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 10:30:37 Reply

At 11/15/10 02:08 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
At 11/15/10 01:53 AM, Chronamut wrote:
Its a typo of "Jonas Bindi" from when loans was on his Jonas brothers binge. He wanted to collect all their merchandise, including the Indian line of clothing and accessories.

lol thatd be creepy.

Those that listen, view, rate, but don't review

been noticing that a lot lately.. and I go, and direct link them to people - and theyre like "thats great!" - well friggen TELL me that in a review! If ya don't, then I just assume people don't like it.

I think erviews have evolved from encouraging us to improve to being a stat thnig of how successful our songs are - just by how much exposure they're getting..

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 10:36:21 Reply

At 11/15/10 03:30 AM, Sequenced wrote: I love you Rig

what.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 10:37:58 Reply

At 11/15/10 10:30 AM, Chronamut wrote:
I think erviews have evolved from encouraging us to improve to being a stat thnig of how successful our songs are - just by how much exposure they're getting..

My my you're catching on quickly...

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 10:43:52 Reply

At 11/15/10 03:41 AM, Calamaistr wrote:
You guys would have said 'hell yes' and ran outside the door already right?

yes and no. i've actually been taking a lot of education courses at my school with the intention of learning how to teach. it's tough and it takes a lot of preparation and planning to do it right. or it takes a lot of knowledge on your subject coupled with a good understanding of the people your teaching. only an idiot or a natural would jump into giving seminars so don't do it unless you feel comfortable. not being prepared to teach even one class can lead to frustration for both the teacher and the pupil.

AudioBorG
AudioBorG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 13:00:23 Reply

At 11/15/10 10:43 AM, Quarl wrote: not being prepared to teach even one class can lead to frustration for both the teacher and the pupil.

^This i remember when i had to give a small workshop on how to make a simple website. It was a school project so nothing big compared to yours.

But one tip i can gve is to make it REALLY simple. You dont have to teach them how to use the mixer, automation and junk in one day.

Just spend about 10min explaining the basic options and then let them fool around a bit and get used to FL's user interface.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 13:50:12 Reply

I don't give a fuck about my posts anymore.

Have some jokes, guys.

lel

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 14:40:30 Reply

Practical music exam

At the end of my (short) school year, we have a practical music exam at my school.
Everyone who has chosen Music as one of their classes has to do a performance.
Now, i am thinking of singing this song.
However, i have no idea of the difficulty of the song. Is it hard to play on guitar? And on bass guitar?

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 15:30:52 Reply

At 11/15/10 01:50 PM, Sequenced wrote: I don't give a fuck about my posts anymore.

Have some jokes, guys.

about fucking time dude - I've been doing that for years ;)

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 16:39:16 Reply

At 11/15/10 10:30 AM, Chronamut wrote: Those that listen, view, rate, but don't review

been noticing that a lot lately.. and I go, and direct link them to people - and theyre like "thats great!" - well friggen TELL me that in a review! If ya don't, then I just assume people don't like it.

See I only review when first of all I'm not too lazy. I can like a song just fine, and not feel like reviewing it.
I like to review when a song is so astoundingly good that I feel like pointing out the different things that made me like it.

I also like to review when there are a couple of points I feel could be improved on, and I think I can actually offer good advice on said points.

Other than that, if I just like a track, I'll tell the person over msn, or toss a good vote on there. Perhaps share it on a social networking site if I really like it.

But yeah, reviewing, for me, is only something I do when I actually have something to say, not like "Man that was awesome, keep it up!", as that's a comment, not a review.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 17:08:06 Reply

Fuck Love

No one understands or at least accept my affections when it comes to it. Even if they do - they are going to dump me and shit on everything that I spent on.

When I'm 18, I'm going to buy cigarettes and smoke myself to ashes, I already can't handle Depression and Anxiety.

Hooray for being single and a douchebag for the rest of my life.

Fuck you all to those who think this is childish. You don't know where I come from.

lel

BBS Signature
YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-15 17:59:39 Reply

At 11/15/10 05:08 PM, Sequenced wrote: Fuck Love

Wait, weren't you the one who was dissing my love isseus? Or are you trollin?

Because i can get me a girlfriend just not the one that i want. :P

Is true what they, say you dont always get what you want in life...