Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 904,581 Views
  • 35,947 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 03:22 PM, Chronamut wrote: nonsense kirbyfemur - everyone knows that highly controversial topics spawn the most discussion - and that's what we want isn't it- discussion? Keeping a cool head in a highly heated debate is the challenge - and this IS the lounge - so it's completely acceptable :P

lol controversial is great, but when people start the penis showing contest and try to prove who is right, it does tend to stray away from discussion and venture more into bickering. Besides that, why can't there be conversations on stuff that isn't controversial? I mean come on, are civil conversations really that uninteresting anymore?

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:37 PM Reply

Non-controversial topics

The problem with non-controversial topics is quite simply that people mostly agree on them, or are indifferent about it. And that's why they don't spark interesting discussions. If you don't feel strong about an opinion to defend it, then why would you bother posting about it at all?

And in the case that you agree with a point made, you can say you agree, but that's that then, isn't it?

Of course we don't always need to talk about highly controversial topics such as homosexuality or even religion, but we should find another interesting topic instead then, as otherwise we get spammy, and that's just about if not more annoying.

Here's one.

DJ-ing

Vinyl / Serato, or full on digital, and why?

Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 03:37 PM, Mich wrote:
DJ-ing

Vinyl / Serato, or full on digital, and why?

Vinyl because full on digital is homosexual


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 03:43 PM, Envy wrote:
Vinyl because full on digital is homosexual

no dude. digital on digital is pretty sexy :/


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 03:43 PM, Envy wrote:
At 11/2/10 03:37 PM, Mich wrote:
DJ-ing

Vinyl / Serato, or full on digital, and why?
Vinyl because full on digital is homosexual

it's rather hard to fuck vinyl though..

Krank
Krank
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 04:23 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 11/2/10 03:43 PM, Envy wrote:
At 11/2/10 03:37 PM, Mich wrote:
DJ-ing

Vinyl / Serato, or full on digital, and why?
Vinyl because full on digital is homosexual
it's rather hard to fuck vinyl though..

It's the saturated environment all vinyl is exposed to which creates these tendencies!!!

Gentlemen, we have ourselves a conspiracy

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 04:25 PM, Bjra wrote: It's the saturated environment all vinyl is exposed to which creates these tendencies!!!

Gentlemen, we have ourselves a conspiracy

Oh hot damn, the shit is about to go down!

YouriX
YouriX
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:45 PM Reply

Big Audio Portal animation show case

There have been alot of people who complain they dont get enough exposer. So i thaught since i can make decent flash animations.
I could make a simple song give away a selected group of Musicians my FLfile or Midi. Let them all remix my original song then let some DJ like Echoz maybe make a podacts from it. And i would animate the whole thing.

But its a pretty big and ambtious project. And i dont want to spend hours/days/months of work and not achieve atleast a frontpage post. So im having second thoughts.

But if any of you guys have any intrest please tell me i'll probly fit like 10 people or something. Its not official. But if i can get some support we could make NG history!

Tzunami
Tzunami
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 04:45 PM, YouriX wrote: But if any of you guys have any intrest please tell me i'll probly fit like 10 people or something. Its not official. But if i can get some support we could make NG history!

It doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind going for it. Then there's always the nice level of creativity that grows from it.


BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:08 PM Reply

Why does nobody care that 70 years of repression is about to take its first major turn by legalizing cannabis?!? ITS FUCKING INTERESTING

YouriX
YouriX
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:10 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 04:57 PM, Tzunami wrote: It doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind going for it. Then there's always the nice level of creativity that grows from it.

Cool i'll make Thread soon about it. First i need to come up with a catchy yet cool melody. Then give it away so people can Remix on it. Hope you join ;)

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 04:45 PM, YouriX wrote: Stuff about things

Hmm, sounds interesting, i might give her a go i think :3

Tzunami
Tzunami
  • Member since: Feb. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 05:10 PM, YouriX wrote:
At 11/2/10 04:57 PM, Tzunami wrote: It doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind going for it. Then there's always the nice level of creativity that grows from it.
Cool i'll make Thread soon about it. First i need to come up with a catchy yet cool melody. Then give it away so people can Remix on it. Hope you join ;)

Sounds good. I've been finishing songs left and right recently. I still have two to finish tweaking and upload to the AP. I guess I found the right type of motivation and drive.


BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 05:08 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Why does nobody care that 70 years of repression is about to take its first major turn by legalizing cannabis?!? ITS FUCKING INTERESTING

wait, where? i'd care more if i had some data to go with. i honestly don't pay much attention to the world out side my little campus...


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Krank
Krank
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 05:08 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Why does nobody care that 70 years of repression is about to take its first major turn by legalizing cannabis?!? ITS FUCKING INTERESTING

omg i'm literally on the edge of my seat, logical defiance. Soon it will be 420 every day!

it will be harder for kids to get it, crime surrounding its sale will be eradicated, people will stop going to prison for it, people can stop taking nasty pharmaceuticals.

alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:34 PM Reply

the lounge

Homosexuality in the Lounge? Okay that is normal, but religion? lol controversy :p

At 11/2/10 05:08 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Why does nobody care that 70 years of repression is about to take its first major turn by legalizing cannabis?!? ITS FUCKING INTERESTING

Seriously? I did not know of this until now.


THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:45 PM Reply

cannabis

depends what kind, natural or commercial?
because if its commercial you can bet your ass that people are going to use chems (such as growth enhancers, or worse) because yield is money and money is what people are stupidly horny on.
(putting great emphasis on the word stupidly)

also, its better to just not smoke it and become okay with doing nothing and instead use it (hemp) to make paper and rope etc, and cloths. Saves a lot of rainforest but we all know that will never happen for the same reason why commercial 'anything will never be good for whatever simply because of the money that again and again makes people even dumber than drinking sugar cider at a club.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

YouriX
YouriX
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:52 PM Reply

Okay contest lunched!

If you guys are interested please go here :)
You'll win a animation just for you!
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1208 884

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 06:45 PM, Calamaistr wrote: cannabis

depends what kind, natural or commercial?
because if its commercial you can bet your ass that people are going to use chems (such as growth enhancers, or worse) because yield is money and money is what people are stupidly horny on.
(putting great emphasis on the word stupidly)

why would biochemicals be an issue if it's just for making non edible hemp products? also, why would they put dangerous chemicals in the weed if it was for recreation? wouldn't that just be counter productive for legalization?

also, if it were legal i'm pretty sure i'd own my own plant.


also, its better to just not smoke it and become okay with doing nothing and instead use it (hemp) to make paper and rope etc, and cloths. Saves a lot of rainforest but we all know that will never happen for the same reason why commercial 'anything will never be good for whatever simply because of the money that again and again makes people even dumber than drinking sugar cider at a club.

wait... that sounded like a rant but i'm having trouble understanding you...


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

CosmicAlfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:02 PM Reply

Go on with the controversy.

Who cares what makes people homosexual? When it comes right down to it, you are addicted to a feeling of pleasure. What is so different about being gay or being straight? If you said, babies, well, yeah, that is about it.. and you know what? Most straight foos be trying to avoid getting the cradle dumped on them anyway.

That said, I think it's an interesting topic of study, just for the sake of knowledge.. but really, who gives a fuck? If someone is gay because of their genes, or because of their environment.. what is the difference?

Personally, I think that most of what makes a person is their environment, but that said, I don't think that hurts or helps the case of those who might have a different sexual preference than me. When it comes right down to it, it doesn't matter, and I don't give a fuck.

I can't believe that a few years back, the people in government were actually considering making an amendment to the fucking constitution to ban gay marriage. Shit, I mean, imagine that? Right next to "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." you have "fags aren't allowed to marry."

My solution to that problem is simple. Marriage has no place in government.. instead, give everyone civil unions.. It is up to those fucking retarded churches to decide whether or not it is a marriage. Shit, you get the same benefits with a civil union as marriage..

Of course, the whole point of getting benefits for being married has to do with the fact that you are bringing good strong American soldiers and civil servants into the world.. Fuck that shit.(and I apologize to non-Americans, this is a pretty American-centric rant)

And fuck the government. I hate any organization that not only makes you a part of it at birth, but uses coercion and mob like activities to make sure you follow their rules.

As far as I'm concerned, the government isn't any better than the Catholic Church. In case you are too stupid to make the connection, I hate both.

Religion and government are the same thing. Both of them are crocks of shit, and complete jokes. Anarchy is the true rule.. Governments only have power because they are able to enforce it. Religion only has power because people are big enough schmucks to fall for it.

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 06:31 PM, Bjra wrote: it will be harder for kids to get it, crime surrounding its sale will be eradicated, people will stop going to prison for it, people can stop taking nasty pharmaceuticals.

Yes, yes, and yes, and hopefully it wont start a CA vs USA war because the Obama Administration officially announced that federal law will still be enforced over CA law.

At 11/2/10 06:34 PM, Alfraydo wrote: Seriously? I did not know of this until now.

People in California are voting on it today. Prop 19 =)

At 11/2/10 06:45 PM, Calamaistr wrote: depends what kind, natural or commercial?

Both will be around, although with federal law enforcers still cracking down, it wont jump immediately into the mass commercial market, but rather spawn a number of mom n pop shops.

because if its commercial you can bet your ass that people are going to use chems

Cannabis users, unlike cigarette smokers, tend to pride more in well grown organic product, and the only people dumb enough to smoke them will be the same dumb people smoking Newports instead of getting pure tobacco, or in other words 'Health value will be in control by the hands of the consumers." Also the cannabis plant has a very large and fast yield, growing a third faster then any other standard type of crop(like corn/fruits/tobacco/etc). Although that's not to say that you are wrong, some company will probably eventually find ways to grow it even faster and put chemicals in it, but people do this is every market of food and drugs.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:20 PM Reply

cannabis

Why don't I care about legalization? Because i love cannabis, but i cannot stand the stupid stoner culture that surrounds it.

Plus I have a feeling that the majority of commercially grown pot will be hydroponic. I'm more of a bush weed guy myself ;D

Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 07:20 PM, jarrydn wrote: cannabis

Why don't I care about legalization? Because i love cannabis, but i cannot stand the stupid stoner culture that surrounds it.

Plus I have a feeling that the majority of commercially grown pot will be hydroponic. I'm more of a bush weed guy myself ;D

THANK YOU. THIS 1000 TIMES. Everyone enjoys weed from time to time. I can't stand people who try and shove it down your throat that they smoke weed.... Really? I can handle the like quilt-sweatshirts, and the big beanie hats... but seriously, calm the fuck down, you're the reason that it gets such a bad rep.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 07:20 PM, jarrydn wrote:
Why don't I care about legalization? Because i love cannabis, but i cannot stand the stupid stoner culture that surrounds it.

Thats a stereotype...most smokers aren't even public about it, they are regular old working people who smoke at night. The kids who go around saying "sup duuuuude heyyyy maaaaannnn im so highhhh right now hahaha" then break something and fail school are not the majority.

Plus I have a feeling that the majority of commercially grown pot will be hydroponic. I'm more of a bush weed guy myself ;D

Not necessarily because you can re-use soil and you get a less chemical taste with soil. Not to mention start-up costs are going to be much more for that, and so will running costs

loansindi
loansindi
  • Member since: Mar. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:33 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 07:23 PM, Envy wrote: Everyone enjoys weed from time to time.

I don't enjoy it.

alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:36 PM Reply

Prop 19

lawl
Drug dealer says NO to Prop 19


THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 07:36 PM, Alfraydo wrote: Prop 19

lawl
Drug dealer says NO to Prop 19

I didn't even click on the link and I already knew why they voted that way. Now people will probably be able to get it much easier, eliminating/down grading the middle man (the drug dealer in this case) so they will lose quite a lot of money.


The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
Stupor
Stupor
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:20 PM Reply

At 11/2/10 08:18 PM, djInTheDark wrote: I didn't even click on the link and I already knew why they voted that way. Now people will probably be able to get it much easier, eliminating/down grading the middle man (the drug dealer in this case) so they will lose quite a lot of money.

It was a parody.


Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:28 PM Reply

thats a lot of fucking percent!

I'll cut your fucking face off stoner!
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:38 PM Reply

Vote no to prop 19

Some good points, especially the bits about the motive behind the prop, who's behind it, and who's already prepared and waiting to take over the marijuana industry.