New Topic Respond to this Topic
YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 09:36 PM Reply

At 10/31/10 08:15 PM, AMP wrote: Am I being close minded and should embrace the passion these kids have? Am I too slow? Should i just say, "too each their own" and that they aren't affecting the music industry/community in any way?

Idk, just something to think about :/

Hmmm. I dont think your being closed minded at all. Ive had that issue alot once. I remember the first time i realeased my first free album for download. I got that idea from Nubbin who also realeased a free Album for download.

In general alot of people liked it. But some didnt liked it that much simply because i used a limited amount of Vst's. Like syntrus, Nexus and FLS strings. But Nexus got mentioned alot. Also they couldnt layoff from the fact that i used the AmenBreak in most of my songs, but not in all them though.

So i argued by saying that such things are not important. Ofcourse we should explore more new sounds. But lets think about it. Back in the old days people used very few instruments like the paino and the guitar. The instruments didnt matter that much but what was important is the music that came from it. Original melodies and sound quality these are the things that should matter the most atleast to me.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 09:36 PM Reply

Halloween
So i got the dome piece like a month ago... and didnt start working on it until yesterday. Didn't come out too bad for 8 hours straight of work.

FUCK COVERING CIRCLE THINGS WITH ANYTHING.

The Audio Forum Lounge

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

glitchs2d
glitchs2d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 10:08 PM Reply

I dont know where I would post this and since this is the chatting forum I think its best to ask the question here I just finished my mixtape and released for free download so to promote it do I post it in the audio advertisment or can I not post it in the forums

Glib
Glib
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 11:20 PM Reply

i don't make music anymore
i'm not a rock climbing illustrator
i paint people rock climbing

NeonProject
NeonProject
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 10/31/10 08:15 PM, AMP wrote:

:Stuff

I think it's how you use it that's more important. Not what you use. ;)

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 01:54 AM Reply

At 10/31/10 10:08 PM, glitchs2d wrote: I dont know where I would post this and since this is the chatting forum I think its best to ask the question here I just finished my mixtape and released for free download so to promote it do I post it in the audio advertisment or can I not post it in the forums

Posting in the audio advertisements thread is definitely fine :). Also your blog.

As for the discussion re: music/elitism...I personally believe that people should be humble.

Of course, being annoying and arrogant is much more likely to get you noticed ;)

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:11 AM Reply

At 10/31/10 08:48 PM, SolusLunes wrote:
At 10/31/10 06:32 PM, EchozAurora wrote: On that note... I didn't really clarify earlier, but I was Mario lol. I'll have to post a few of the higher quality pics when the photographer posts them.
ONLY A FEW MORE MONTHS

w0000t.

And Loans.. what do ya mean by an ld? Must be a term I'm not familiar with.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:19 AM Reply

lighting director i'm guessing? Something with lighting............ or lightning..... or lamborghinis....

Wat

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 05:02 AM Reply

Lighting designer perhaps? Haha.

Btw, props on the Deadmau5 head lol

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 05:14 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 05:02 AM, EchozAurora wrote: Lighting designer perhaps? Haha.

Pretty sure it's that, as that's part of his job.

Also bye-bye Halloween icons :(

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 05:21 AM Reply

At 10/30/10 08:23 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 10/30/10 04:55 AM, Calamaistr wrote: I am 2% of every other person ages 17-30
congrats?
also, sunday im going to a bach concert, try beating that children.
Got a free clinic on polyrhthyms from the main percussionist of the chicago symphony orchestra from 1959 into the 90s...he helped me work on a few of my snare techniques and how to practice ratio to ratio rhythms...so HA..i Win.

Mate, contrapunt came natural to me, i never had to get a clinic/scholarship/hurradurr over anything ;)
So HIHA HUHEHA to you back right at you etc.

Btw, the bach concert was great but the opening entry being the famous organ piece toccata and fugue in D was full of mistakes, and i know that piece by the note so i was cringing the whole time.

Then again, hearing Prelude and fuga in G minor BWV 1000/1001 on LUTE cannot even be explained how beautiful, i feel like i am priviledged.
Oh and the closing piece 'Schafe können sicher weiden' from kantate 208 was beautiful aswell.

You guys wish you were me.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 06:49 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 05:21 AM, Calamaistr wrote: You guys wish you were me.

oh good god no.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 06:57 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 05:21 AM, Calamaistr wrote: Mate, contrapunt came natural to me, i never had to get a clinic/scholarship/hurradurr over anything ;)
So HIHA HUHEHA to you back right at you etc.

Performance tricks from a world recognized hall of fame percussionist...not a lesson on counterpoint from some random dude as you make it sound.

Btw, the bach concert was great but the opening entry being the famous organ piece toccata and fugue in D was full of mistakes, and i know that piece by the note so i was cringing the whole time.

Its the old problem of playing popular pieces, people have an expectation for it already so you have to have it down pat.

What orchestra played this concert?

Prodigal
Prodigal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 06:57 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 06:49 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 11/1/10 05:21 AM, Calamaistr wrote: You guys wish you were me.
oh good god no.

^this

Stupor
Stupor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 10/31/10 11:20 PM, Glib wrote: i don't make music anymore
i'm not a rock climbing illustrator
i paint people rock climbing

At first I got ex-
cited cause this looked like a
haiku... but oh well

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 11:13 AM Reply

Homework

I really need to do some, but.. i just don't care.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 10/31/10 08:15 PM, AMP wrote: It seems that now days when people start producing, they are rushing to be amazing and making it seem like work. Pumping out full songs each day, trying to learn everything they can and, you know, ending up being elitist audiophiles. Something like, "what VSTs to use, production techniques, chord progression sticklers"

To me I feel like they are watering down music production. Making everything about techniques, either radio "playablity" or how crazy and original it is. People having contests to see who can make a genre better and then arguing about what the genre is. Then about getting signed and nonsense like that.

Too much book info and not about, just fun experimenting while sucking dicks and appreciation of music.

Am I being close minded and should embrace the passion these kids have? Am I too slow? Should i just say, "too each their own" and that they aren't affecting the music industry/community in any way?

I don't know if I can comment on this without being a hypocrate since I myself am pretty ambitious and dreamt of becoming a professional composer since I was a kid, but I mostly agree. There is this whole generation of teenie "music producers" with every second kid putting a "DJ" in its nickname (just for shit's sake) and who behave as if every single piece of acoustic crap they create on a daily basis was some serious stuff and who indeed do not care for anything else besides fake "professionality". The lack of respect towards music as an art form pisses me off, but seriously: it's annoying and nothing more. I don't think that these kids hamper the careers of really talented people. The main problem is the extreme modesty of the truly admirable musicians. Their lack of ambition is the really bad shit, if you ask me - I know several people whom I consider much more talented than me, but who for some reason never really tried to make something out of themselves - either because they were too humble, gutless or simply lazy (and so they ended up studying economy, mathematics and history and gave up music for good).

On the other hand it's also a social and cultural problem since those "professional" dwarves often receive more appreciation from other people (and I guess they again are the results of fucked up mainstream media and moronic subcultures that organize themselves ridiculously well). And well, I could continue writing this for hours but I'm tired - so this is my full opinion on this, for now. :P

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 12:25 PM Reply

The lounge

ok.. I leave and this place turns into degrassi - honestly I haven't seen this much relationship.. drivel since.. the days of OCON and Zenon complaining aobut hat stuff when THEY were in highschool.. do we get to look forward to a new generation of highschoolers in here..? I hope not. I'm striving for a bunch of bitter 30 year old elitist assholes myself :P

Music

I retired from music about a year ago and now only submit stuff I tinker around with or stuff for contests - it's a more liberating feeling - I don't feel like I have to make anything because I sort of feel like I have done enough and thus don't need to. You should try it - it's fun.

NOT THE FACE! D:

so I went to the hospital today - apparently I went to close my dresser last night and my hand slipped off the edge of the bed and my horehead met the edge of the dresser drawer and i got a very clean straight gauge right above my eyebrow - me being concerned that it was ON MY FACE wen to the hospital this morning and they put a strip on it and glued it shut.. I cringe to think of how it will look when it comes off in a week... my poor face :(

Weekend Stuff

I also went to fearfest at wonderlamnd on friday with one of my coworkers - it was fun - the haunted houses suck but really - you just can't scare a person of our generation anymore. Not while being confined with legal contracts and whatnot and ethical boundaries..

next day we went barhopping and I was the best dressed man out there - I was getting hailed left right and center - it was great :p Oh also watched vampires suck -not bad for a parody - then again I've never watched twilight so it's kinda hard to compara..

got home last night and said to myself "ok - I got 4 hours to carve a pumpkin for the ngs competition"

6 hours later.. I was done.

observe - mutant strawberry clock.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 12:36 PM Reply

Vampires suck

I watched that with Britt a couple of weeks ago. It's indeed not too bad for a parody, I got a couple of good laughs out of it. I haven't watched twilight either, but I've read some summaries by people, so I had kind of a clue what to laugh at. :p

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 12:39 PM Reply

meeting old school (literal, ffs) girls in town.

My god did she look good, and that was the first thing i said, almost stumbling over my cool.
Shame shes a lesbian though, with all respect to her.. but otherwise i wouldve asked her out on the spot, she looked that stylish and cute (at the same time, yes its possible).

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 01:10 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 12:39 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
My god did she look good, and that was the first thing i said, almost stumbling over my cool.
Shame shes a lesbian though, with all respect to her.. but otherwise i wouldve asked her out on the spot, she looked that stylish and cute (at the same time, yes its possible).

wtf is this a narrative or a personal story?

Wat

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 01:14 PM Reply

a personal story, jeez man.. sorry for being my poetic selve.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 12:25 PM, Chronamut wrote: The lounge

ok.. I leave and this place turns into degrassi - honestly I haven't seen this much relationship.. drivel since.. the days of OCON and Zenon complaining aobut hat stuff when THEY were in highschool.. do we get to look forward to a new generation of highschoolers in here..? I hope not. I'm striving for a bunch of bitter 30 year old elitist assholes myself :P

I remember OCON being a reg here. To bad, he became a drug addict. As that's what I've heard. And yes Chronamut, we're starting to get some noobsie boobsies in here again.

lel

alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:21 PM Reply

Stupor! I like your signature! Just sayin'.

------->>> Post a random word

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 02:24 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 02:09 PM, Sequenced wrote:
I remember OCON being a reg here. To bad, he became a drug addict. As that's what I've heard. And yes Chronamut, we're starting to get some noobsie boobsies in here again.

Not a drug addict. he just enjoyed the effects of occasional stimulants or depressants, and sometimes alcohol. I miss the guy :(

Wat

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 03:13 PM Reply

Lounge

I think its funny how the lounge is trying to protect its gayness. When straight regs just want to rant and unleash there day to day problems or adventures with women.
Yes i like to make a gay joke or two here on the lounge. But there will always be a time when me or someone else will mention some boobs ;)

And i did mention once i wanted to straight up the lounge? By the looks of things i might succed :P

P.S
I am super Awesome in many ways!
quote from
The Almighty YouriX
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 03:19 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 02:24 PM, Envy wrote:
At 11/1/10 02:09 PM, Sequenced wrote:
Not a drug addict. he just enjoyed the effects of occasional stimulants or depressants, and sometimes alcohol. I miss the guy :(

Drug user doesn't always = drug addict for sure. That's an annoying misconception a lot of people seem to have though.

Regardless, what did happen to OCON? He hasn't stopped by in quite a while.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 11/1/10 03:19 PM, EchozAurora wrote:

Drug user doesn't always = drug addict for sure. That's an annoying misconception a lot of people seem to have though.

I HEARD he became a drug addict. Doesn't mean I believe it.

lel

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 03:32 PM Reply

Ah gotcha. Sorry.

Anyway, doesn't change what I said. Still wondering what the hell happened to him lol.

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 04:32 PM Reply

I hate myself

for liking electro-pop :O
example

Example of my singing here