00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,779,882 Views | 34,313 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-01 21:47:43

Being more manly

Well you can increase your Testosterone level. That is the masculine hormone man have more then women. By increasing your Testosterone you could become more manly in theory. Ive been trying it out some of the tips on this website.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2297630_increase -testosterone-naturally.html

But i like i said trying it. I never went 100% on these tips.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-01 21:52:53

At 11/1/10 09:47 PM, YouriX wrote: Testosterone

I've been doing Step 8 since I was a baby ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-01 22:00:28

At 11/1/10 08:05 PM, jarrydn wrote: Maybe it's my Swedish heritage forcing me to be neutral :P

It's the swiss who are renowned for their neutrality.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-01 22:05:16

At 11/1/10 09:52 PM, AMP wrote:
At 11/1/10 09:47 PM, YouriX wrote: Testosterone
I've been doing Step 8 since I was a baby ;)

I dont want to say much but if thats true. You've been sexualy abused D:

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 01:12:59

At 11/1/10 09:47 PM, YouriX wrote: Being more manly

Well you can increase your Testosterone level. That is the masculine hormone man have more then women. By increasing your Testosterone you could become more manly in theory. Ive been trying it out some of the tips on this website.

I personally wouldn't want to be more manly. I quite enjoy being the way I am. I've always thought that making so many distinctions between females and males is a pointless endeavor, that only serves to segregate and reinforce outdated gender stereotypes. I would prefer to celebrate our similarities.

I get a kick out of people calling me gay, and getting confused/angry over the things I can say and the way that I act. I'm quite comfortable with who I am, and i find it laughable in this day and age that a "manly-man" finds effeminate men threatening and rage inducing.

I'll check that video out in a little bit B, I love this kind of shit.

At 11/1/10 10:00 PM, loansindi wrote: It's the swiss who are renowned for their neutrality.

Yeah, and you're renowned for being an annoying asshole, but it doesn't mean you're the only one, unfortunately.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 02:10:30

Bjra that was an interesting video, though nothing that we aren't already aware of (unfortunately).

And whilst I'm sure that ever since we were born, we've been bathed in a myriad of synthetic, hormone mimicing chemicals, I think my persona is more of a reflection of how I was raised. I was never clipped accross the ear for "acting like a faggot", I was always encouraged to do whatever I wanted to do (though I was maybe pushed a bit more forcefully towards university education than I'd have liked), I used to play football as a kid and dad just found it amusing that I'd pick flowers and do cartwheels, my interest in music and other creative pursuits has always been supported, plus I've always had gay relatives and family friends in my life.

I'm not insinuating that homosexuals are not manly, just illustrating that I've been exposed to different lifestyles and ways of living that don't neccesarily adhere to the classical/strict family unit.

I wouldn't have it any other way. I despair for the people that find alternative ways of living to be threatening. I hate phrases like "I'm not a homophobe, but...". Consequently, I am completely against sexual harrassment and discrimination. I am sick of people that aren't alpha/beta males being treated as pieces of meat.

The world is a scary place, and it's nothing to do with the fags, blacks or sluts...it's the fat white cunts sitting perched in their ivory towers, keeping people in fear because unconditional acceptence just isn't profitable.

And besides, I've been to the gym before. I've heard the way people talk there. I swear, it's as if by gaining muscle, you lose cognitive ability.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 02:28:31

At 11/2/10 02:10 AM, jarrydn wrote: I wouldn't have it any other way. I despair for the people that find alternative ways of living to be threatening. I hate phrases like "I'm not a homophobe, but...". Consequently, I am completely against sexual harrassment and discrimination. I am sick of people that aren't alpha/beta males being treated as pieces of meat.

The thing is though, humans have been used to alphas looking down on the rest of the people, it's always been that way since who knows how long. It's just something impacted into our brain. Sure, it's something we don't like, and even now it seems to be changing as people are growing more accepting towards other lifestyles. But change takes time, it's not like tomorrow everyone's going to be completely accepting towards someone who's different than them. I even find that even when I try to be accepting, I'm still kind of phobic towards people who are different. It's just something in our completely outdated instincts that keep us like this. It takes a mental effort for some to become more accepting.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 02:42:25

At 11/2/10 02:28 AM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: It's just something in our completely outdated instincts that keep us like this. It takes a mental effort for some to become more accepting.

Hunger is an instinct. Hatred is learned.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 03:58:19

Straight Lounge

I think it's all awkward for us once it starts going straight, as we hide our gay side in real life :P

Let's throw in some penises in here.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 05:14:16

At 11/1/10 09:47 PM, YouriX wrote: Being more manly

http://www.ehow.com/how_2297630_increase -testosterone-naturally.html

But i like i said trying it. I never went 100% on these tips.

Thanks for providing me a list of things to avoid.

"Noooo I dun want to eat any broccoli! It's gonna try and make me manly!" jk lol

But seriously, I'd never thought of all the things that could boost my testosterone levels. I guess I really need to work on things that boost natural estrogen to counter some of the things I enjoy on the testosterone list... like secks. Haha.

Gender is a very interesting thing. Pull down all the walls and labels, and I'd believe that quite a few people experience at least some sort of gender fluidity. Like sexual preference, there is also definitely a spectrum here, and in the case of gender... it's likely much broader as well.

Personally, I've gotten to the point where I recognize I need to go meet with a gender therapist to figure out exactly where I fit into that, and what all I want to do from there. Simultaneously, I've allowed myself to take on a more androgynous gender role for the moment, rather than faking male behavior like I've done most of my life.

I'm pretty sure I fit somewhere along the transgender side of the spectrum... although not to the extreme where I absolutely despise being in a male body like some do, there is definitely a solid degree of gender dysphoria present. I'm just fortunate enough to not tie too much of my existence to my body... and furthermore... having a physical presence that is relatively gender-neutral.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 05:33:19

Happy 500! lolololol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 06:05:08

you guys should make a review all calamaistr's works day.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 06:39:07

TODAY IS THE THE DAY

If your californian you BETTER BE VOTING RIGHT NAO

We're about to start a revolution, to the extent of which could reach state vs. country war and the eventually annex of california.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 07:21:29

At 11/2/10 06:39 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: TODAY IS THE THE DAY

If your californian you BETTER BE VOTING RIGHT NAO

We're about to start a revolution, to the extent of which could reach state vs. country war and the eventually annex of california.

You know that sounds dangerous, you better take a raincoat and some snacks. But yes today is that great day. Gotta get out there and do what you must.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 08:51:14

At 11/2/10 05:33 AM, AMP wrote: Happy 500! lolololol

Yaaaaay! 500 pages! :D :D :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 09:22:01

Just wanted to poke my head in and say hi. I recently started using Live and Logic as my primary DAW's after years of not touching music stuff. Here's to hoping I can get something up and post it here to show a little stuff and get some critiques on how to improve.

Speaking of which, do people here primarily use FL or does NG have it's share of Logic/Live users?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 09:43:48

For those of you that are tired of the piss you see everywhere around the AF

I made a little greasemonkey script that reverts all golden auras to the regular auras, except when they're a forum moderator. This significantly rids the audio forum off piss.

Get it HERE.
Works in firefox with the greasemonkey addon, and in Chrome.

I've got my nice evil aura back :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 10:00:03

For those of you that are tired of the piss you see everywhere around the AF

Ah, much better. I was starting to lose my vision from the constant yellow. More manageable now.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 10:40:34

At 11/2/10 10:00 AM, djInTheDark wrote: For those of you that are tired of the piss you see everywhere around the AF

Ah, much better. I was starting to lose my vision from the constant yellow. More manageable now.

I dont know i kinda like it this way :)

My first Payment
I got my first payment today from newgrounds for the use of one of my songs. Man did it come on time! I just needed a little extra money to pay my rent! Man i could kiss Tom right now!

I spend way to much money this month usually im very carefull when it comes to money. But i had to buy me a new bed, got tired of sleeping on the floor wiched costed 50euro's then i had to help my mom so she could pay HERE rent wich costed me 100 euro's. But i also got a new job wich helps alot too! So i guess i can sleep better now i guess ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 10:42:36

At 11/2/10 10:39 AM, Chronamut wrote: otherwise people think that EVERY user with a golden aura is a bbs mod..

Hence the script. :p
As Rucklo stated somewhere before, when he wasn't posting in all-caps lolspeak, golden auras on the BBS are only good for forum moderators, as there they bear significance.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 12:12:19

Homosexuality and the lounge

I find it funny that usually, when people are arguing about something in the lounge and it's getting a bit heated, we fall back on our good ol' cocks and gayness to cool the mood.

And now the subject of the argument is homosexuality. How peculiar.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 12:12:24

Related lol

Here you go

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 12:15:35

At 11/2/10 12:12 PM, Envy wrote: Related lol

Here you go

I am going to click this link and if it's a stupid song about something gay-related, i will hunt down and kill you with a chopstick.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 12:40:08

At 11/2/10 12:15 PM, Mussirus wrote:

Here you go
I am going to click this link and if it's a stupid song about something gay-related, i will hunt down and kill you with a chopstick.

No lol

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 12:45:58

At 11/2/10 12:40 PM, Envy wrote:
At 11/2/10 12:15 PM, Mussirus wrote:

Here you go
No lol

NOOOOOOOOOOO

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 12:58:08

I like how quickly it changed their minds too. They were just immediately changed cause it's\a no bullshit question that you can't beat around the bush with.

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 13:38:59

Let's argue religion next, because that's another topic that no one will ever agree on.

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 14:30:15

PC is better than Mac, and Mac is for homosexuals, but it's because of god that they're homosexual.

OVERKILL
Also Disclaimer: the above statements are not representing my personal opinion, they're just there for comedic value, if you're offended that's your problem. etc etc.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 14:33:35

At 11/2/10 02:30 PM, Mich wrote:
Also Disclaimer: the above statements are not representing my personal opinion, they're just there for comedic value, if you're offended that's your problem. etc etc.

It was good until I read this

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-11-02 14:35:40

At 11/2/10 02:30 PM, Mich wrote:

Pussy