Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 15:56:52 Reply

At 7/27/10 03:54 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote:
At 7/27/10 03:31 PM, SBB wrote: moosical symphony, you can be a cowductor toooooooo

I was so raged I couldn't even quote right

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 16:01:14 Reply

At 7/27/10 03:56 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote:
At 7/27/10 03:31 PM, SBB wrote: moosical symphony, you can be a cowductor toooooooo

Why don't you write a boooook about it and then start a moovement

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 16:03:39 Reply

At 7/27/10 04:01 PM, SBB wrote:
Why don't you write a boooook about it and then start a moovement

I kind of lol'd

BBS Signature
Gravey
Gravey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 16:03:58 Reply

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha!!!

Ok, now THAT was funny. And I don't care how lame you all think I am for thinking so! "={

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 16:15:19 Reply

At 7/27/10 03:43 PM, Bjra wrote: SEIZURE

That's pretty damn awful man. I guess D.A.R.E. got that one right. I MIGHT have a room available but prereqs require being pot friendly, understanding WoW addiction exists, and moving over 300 miles away to chicago.

it does exist, ive seen it eat more souls then heroin
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 16:42:04 Reply

At 7/27/10 04:15 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 7/27/10 03:43 PM, Bjra wrote: SEIZURE
That's pretty damn awful man. I guess D.A.R.E. got that one right. I MIGHT have a room available but prereqs require being pot friendly, understanding WoW addiction exists, and moving over 300 miles away to chicago.

Haha I guess I should mention then I'm a pro pot activist, and I played wow for months

damnit all of us newgrounds audio junkies live the exact same life style
YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 16:44:56 Reply

Bjra move to europe?

If you want you could move to Europe here in The Netherlands in my small apartment. ;)
Since i am in a desprate need of a good Music producer :P

But all in all dont be to hasty to move away and i know how you feel everybody reaches that age when they realise how stupid there parents are. But understand that there your parents and there all you got.

Plus the entertaiment world is a lonely place everbody wants to make it big and only a few actually make it. But im a big fan of your music and if you did live here in Holland i would with no doubt welcome you into my humble appartment :)

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 17:32:05 Reply

At 7/27/10 04:42 PM, Bjra wrote:
Haha I guess I should mention then I'm a pro pot activist, and I played wow for months

WIN, you can share my bed =P

Actually though we do have a spare room, it's 600ish a month all utilities and food paid for. THATS RIGHT...FOOD. However, my mother lives here, and you arent allowed to bang her under any circumstances

Plus I have access to a half million dollar recording studio here (yea and nobody to record, im an idiot i know)

Gravey
Gravey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 17:47:26 Reply

At 7/27/10 05:32 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
Plus I have access to a half million dollar recording studio here (yea and nobody to record, im an idiot i know)

Fuck I'd pay rent, utilities, AND the grocery bill for access to a studio. Wouldn't be hard to turn a profit either. Why don't you use it?

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 17:59:42 Reply

At 7/27/10 05:47 PM, Gravey wrote:
At 7/27/10 05:32 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
Fuck I'd pay rent, utilities, AND the grocery bill for access to a studio. Wouldn't be hard to turn a profit either. Why don't you use it?

I don't have anything to record. I just moved here late last year and I don't know anyone except a male opera singer. Also I'm not a performer, so I couldn't play anything myself or sing either.

As for other types of recording, most of my interests are field recording stuff, which is not something stocked in the equipment room at the studio.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 18:01:25 Reply

oh and I might add its through the college I go to, and they would NOT like it if I was charging people to use THEIR studio

Gravey
Gravey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 18:16:43 Reply

All the same. I would be inviting every local band I could find to come jam and record in the studio. Just for the experience and the fun. Seriously man. I did that so much at OU. I'd just go out on Court Street, which was our Main Street, and I'd find a band playing at an open mic night somewhere. I'd tell them they could get free studio time if they wanted.

I learned so much by doing that. And it's beyond fun to do. You make a lot of musician friends that way as well. Networking is always a good thing. ;-)

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 18:25:44 Reply

At 7/27/10 06:16 PM, Gravey wrote: All the same. I would be inviting every local band I could find to come jam and record in the studio. Just for the experience and the fun. Seriously man. I did that so much at OU. I'd just go out on Court Street, which was our Main Street, and I'd find a band playing at an open mic night somewhere. I'd tell them they could get free studio time if they wanted.

I learned so much by doing that. And it's beyond fun to do. You make a lot of musician friends that way as well. Networking is always a good thing. ;-)

I have literally offered that studio to every musician I run by. But I live in the suburbs of chicago, and they aren't shit for bands cept a couple random death metal heads and such. And they come out with the WORST studio recordings ever. EVER, cuz they cant play on time. At least thats been my experience so far. I also happen to be involved in the recording techniques classes at the school, which has us record the jazz ensemble from the school, so thats good experience too.

I would want to use it for some kind of interesting outcome that I could be more involved with though, rather then the people I meet on the street or at school. Maybe this is a sign I should go to the city more often =/

Gravey
Gravey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 18:41:54 Reply

Wait, you live in Chicago.....And can't find musicians? That just utterly blows my mind, cause Chicago is known the world over for its lush musical history and roots in many forms of music such as jazz and r&b.

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 18:59:14 Reply

@Bjra
If you consider Europe, you're welcome to our cat room. Don't laugh, it's bigger than our room.

Also, for music & sampling enthusiasts, I made myself a blog.

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 19:03:26 Reply

At 7/27/10 06:41 PM, Gravey wrote: Wait, you live in Chicago.....And can't find musicians? That just utterly blows my mind, cause Chicago is known the world over for its lush musical history and roots in many forms of music such as jazz and r&b.

SUBURBS. I'm an hour train ride away from downtown chicago

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 20:01:16 Reply

LEGENDARY FROG!!!!!

OMG HE SUBMITTED SOMETHING NEW! Well.. its liek a week old now.. but still new!

OMYFUCKINGAWD!!!

I feel fulfilled.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 20:03:55 Reply

also plenty of room in my apartment Bjra.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 21:09:47 Reply

At 7/27/10 05:59 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
I don't have anything to record. I just moved here late last year and I don't know anyone except a male opera singer. Also I'm not a performer, so I couldn't play anything myself or sing either.

As for other types of recording, most of my interests are field recording stuff, which is not something stocked in the equipment room at the studio.

Dude just go down there for a day and go all "Tim Exile Vocal Batshit Insane" in that studio. It's the most fun way to produce. :P

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 21:19:49 Reply

At 7/27/10 09:09 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote:
At 7/27/10 05:59 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:

Dude just go down there for a day and go all "Tim Exile Vocal Batshit Insane" in that studio. It's the most fun way to produce. :P

Buuuuut it takes a longgg time to set up. I have to get a special key for the equipment room, then start up all the shit, then get a bunch of wires and set of a direct box, anddddd then settin up the mackie is a task in its own. Takes like an hour, and I suck at most instruments cept piano. And the computer there only has pro tools (gag me). You wanna fly out to chicago and record stuff with me, be my guest! Otherwise I'll stick with my east west stuff and fl studios stuff

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 21:31:08 Reply

On a completely related subject

The dude's just trying to ask you a few questions, goat. Quit being such a dick.

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 22:16:08 Reply

haha all these offers are very tempting. The question is do I tough it out and finish up my last 6 months for my audio engineering degree or do I ship out and move somewhere where I can be free of my parentals!

gaddamnit I don't want to be thirty and living in my parents basement!

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 22:40:14 Reply

At 7/27/10 09:31 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: On a completely related subject

The dude's just trying to ask you a few questions, goat. Quit being such a dick.

That has got to be the greatest noise I have ever heard an animal make. Really.

Bjra: I don't think your parents want you to be 30 and living in their basement either. :P

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 22:48:06 Reply

I live in Indiana, but I'd love to come and record, fuck I'm tired of my equipment. I just returned some equipment I bought today because it was only slightly better than the built in preamp on my interface.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 23:26:23 Reply

At 7/27/10 10:48 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote: I live in Indiana, but I'd love to come and record, fuck I'm tired of my equipment. I just returned some equipment I bought today because it was only slightly better than the built in preamp on my interface.

I'm always down, I can only do it doing Fall or Spring semester so it would have to wait a bit, but ya for sure. Didn't I read that you were doing some studio guitar work anyways?

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 23:26:29 Reply

At 7/27/10 10:48 PM, Darkmaster603 wrote: I live in Indiana, but I'd love to come and record, fuck I'm tired of my equipment. I just returned some equipment I bought today because it was only slightly better than the built in preamp on my interface.

I live in oregon, and the only place i can think of to record in a studio is some place that offered something like 20 dollars for 1 hour of time in the studio.

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 23:29:41 Reply

At 7/27/10 11:26 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
I'm always down, I can only do it doing Fall or Spring semester so it would have to wait a bit, but ya for sure. Didn't I read that you were doing some studio guitar work anyways?

I'm very angry about that. I get there one day for a meeting, and they got another guitarist that is a friend of a tech or worker there, I'm not sure. I haven't been back since, and that was the cheapest option for me at 30 dollars an hour.

I have Sweetwater Sound's world HQ here in my city, but that's $100+ an hour and I cannot afford that.

BBS Signature
dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-27 23:31:08 Reply

At 7/27/10 07:03 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: SUBURBS. I'm an hour train ride away from downtown chicago

Cool, I'm an hour-ish south of Chicago. Driving though.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-28 00:15:43 Reply

At 7/27/10 11:31 PM, dj-Nate wrote:
At 7/27/10 07:03 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: SUBURBS. I'm an hour train ride away from downtown chicago
Cool, I'm an hour-ish south of Chicago. Driving though.

WELL YOU SHOULD COME PARTY AND DO A COLLAB WITH ME. YOU KNOW IT'LL BE AMAZING CUZ IM TYPING IN ALL CAPS

joshhunsaker
joshhunsaker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-07-28 02:51:29 Reply

At 7/27/10 11:26 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
I live in oregon, and the only place i can think of to record in a studio is some place that offered something like 20 dollars for 1 hour of time in the studio.

I work @ a studio in Medford, OR - out prices are pretty competitive for mix engineering.