00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,772,866 Views | 34,293 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 09:01:38

Titles and the state of the lounge

At 8/20/10 07:56 AM, Nayhan wrote:
At 8/20/10 06:42 AM, la-yinn wrote: 2) Only half of the people use title
Are people meant to use titles?
The audio forum lounge is the only place I see people with titles on there posts.

Regarding titles, read the first page of this thread...

And sure, it's not a big deal if there's an occational all-caps post that is at least somewhat on topic. HOWEVER, breaking the rules MIGHT get you banned, so allcaps and whatever that can be regarded as spam will ALWAYS be at the risk of getting banned. Don't let this relaxed lounge fool you that no rules apply, because they very much do.

ILL BANT U HARD U GUISE REEDIN ME RITE LOLL?

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 10:16:19

At 8/20/10 09:01 AM, Rucklo wrote:
ILL BANT U HARD U GUISE REEDIN ME RITE LOLL?

Okay Father Rucklo, we gotcha. No more penisery and other such nonsense. From now on, we shall be good, civilized fellows.

Now who brought the booze? Civilization sucks!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 12:09:25

The power of the arts
All I know about the art portal is that I posted sketches months ago and never got scouted, and that more than 65% of the art there is of laughably bad quality.

I always thought of getting myself a DeviantArt account when I got good enough at drawing to post my stuff proudly, but I don't think I've gotten there yet.

Though that statement is kinda funny when you realize that i started posting music here WELL before I knew what the fuck i was doing with a DAW.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.

~Morton Feldman

Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 12:45:26

At 8/20/10 09:01 AM, Rucklo wrote: ILL BANT U HARD U GUISE REEDIN ME RITE LOLL?

Someones gotta do eet, may as well be a ginormous fat sag who has nothing to lose anyways. <3

At 8/20/10 11:16 AM, LaForge wrote: Father Rucklo, uncle loans... it's a shame we have precisely ZERO female users in this lounge, because they could be an aunt or grandmother.

If there were, that whole incest comment would come full circle and cause a lot of competition among lonely NG.

At 8/20/10 11:42 AM, Chronamut wrote: So I decided to make another fractal (art) aand was shocked to see today that it had been frontpaged!

Nice one.

At 8/20/10 12:09 PM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote: The power of the arts
All I know about the art portal is that I posted sketches months ago and never got scouted, and that more than 65% of the art there is of laughably bad quality.

That's about as bad as the laughably bad music % IMO. In many ways though the bad stuff helps the talented shine.
Content of my post
Is all replies.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 13:41:56

What's this scouting process? Excuse my ignorance...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 13:51:00

adv. stuff

At 8/20/10 11:42 AM, Chronamut wrote:
is advertising your art in the audio forum frowned upon..? I don't know..

people naturally get happy when frontpaged, but if there's nothing to discuss i'd say keep your hapiness in a box loololol. nah, but overall it's good not to advertise stuff in here, i can see where that'd be heading othervice...

and by "something to discuss" people should use their common sense. do NOT tread any lines though, if it's "oh hey i made a piece of art, what do you think of it's colouring blablamongobla" you're possibly in for a ban.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 17:11:44

At 8/20/10 12:46 PM, Chronamut wrote: actually personally I think the art portal has a pretty good standard of submissions generally - you should see the stuff thats unscouted!

As for being scouted you have to have a minimum of 4 submissions submitted before you can even BE scouted- and then someone has to send you a scout invite, and you have to accept it.

YOU sir only have three submissions, and this is why you have never been scouted. It's wise to read up on these things first.

Ha ha, is that it now?

Lol I guess I didn't care enough to read the rules. I'll get to that one of these days (mebbe).

I only took two years of drawing class back in high school, and that's about where my skills probably stopped.
I actually got back into drawing a few months ago after watching a lot of Ralph Bakshi movies and wanting to emulate that style.

Anyone ever hear of Ralph Bakshi?
His movies are real trips.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 18:37:03

Good hearty lulz

Thank you Solus.

Penis storm

Rucklo closed the floodgates and saved the lounge! Yay

On to another topic

I've been working so friggin much lately! Tis bad because I keep having to extend the lease at my shitty apartment because I haven't had time to find a new place. Who else has their face to the grinder?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-20 20:50:13

If you want some seriousness back in the thread...

Then let's talk about this.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 02:08:00

Quick everyone we must expose the evil Jewish Banker Islamic conspiracy that's controlling this nation right now.

~Morton Feldman

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 03:05:48

Carry bacon spray on you at all times, saturate the air around you and their wallet strangle hold will not touch you for they cannot hope to breath within such non-kosher territory.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 08:37:32

FUCKING YAY

I just had my last driving lesson. Now I can go pop in the city hall and pick up my temporary driving license, which will last for a maximum of 18 months, which should be more than enough to practice for the practical exam.

I can drive 24/24 on weekdays, and in the weekend between 6am and 10pm.

FREEEEDOOOOOM!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 10:33:35

At 8/21/10 08:37 AM, Mich wrote: FUCKING YAY

I just had my last driving lesson. Now I can go pop in the city hall and pick up my temporary driving license, which will last for a maximum of 18 months, which should be more than enough to practice for the practical exam.

FREEEEDOOOOOM!

im 18, my permit just expired and i dont have a liscence

yeah, im good like that

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 11:45:29

At 8/20/10 08:50 PM, Sealander wrote: If you want some seriousness back in the thread...

Then let's talk about this.

this and this

lol alex jones

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 12:10:10

Lol conspiracy theories. It's so easy to get people all worked up and panicky, with facts pulled straight out of one's ass.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 12:59:37

At 8/21/10 08:37 AM, Mich wrote: FUCKING YAY

FREEEEDOOOOOM!

That's great man! Are you going to buy a car?
I'll pick my license up next wednesday :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 13:06:39

Conspiracies

Some people are just so gullible. Still though, hearing these conspiracy theories does bring up a lot of questions. Who's to know what's the truth and what isn't?

"The great masses of the people... will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one."
- Adolf Hitler

yes, quoted from Hitler himself

Driving

Congrats Mich! And yeah, are you going to buy a car?

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 13:15:00

At 8/21/10 10:33 AM, SessileNomad wrote: im 18, my permit just expired and i dont have a liscence

yeah, im good like that

My license has expired... what, it's like nine months ago now?

Still driving. I'm better. :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 13:40:38

At 8/21/10 01:15 PM, SolusLunes wrote:
At 8/21/10 10:33 AM, SessileNomad wrote: im 18, my permit just expired and i dont have a liscence

yeah, im good like that
My license has expired... what, it's like nine months ago now?

Still driving. I'm better. :D

Dude one time my license expired and i didn't notice for a month and no one told me when they carded me so I never looked at it and i went to the bmv and they were like here's a new license and i was like cool now i won't get arrested

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 14:02:52

Driving

I'm not nearly rich enough to buy my own car, let alone the insurance. But once I get a job, I guess that might change.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 14:07:26

At 8/21/10 02:02 PM, Mich wrote: Driving

I'm not nearly rich enough to buy my own car, let alone the insurance. But once I get a job, I guess that might change.

I'm 15 and I haven't gotten my permit yet
Theres still time, I think

But I did take my drug and alcohol test
that was easy at least

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 15:24:19

Yes Bjra, we all know you're Newgrounds' own conspiracy technoist. :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 15:26:38

PLUMBING IS A BITCH

Last night, I had lots of trouble with the plumbing, trying to flush out a clog that wasn't truly a clog. It reared it's ugly head when I attempted to shower, and the water wouldn't go down the drain. The kitchen had at least an inch of water in there, so activate towel powers. Long story short, it was a 10ft root that broke through one of the pipes and eventually blocked passage of all poop and pee.

I think we need to replace the wood, now.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 17:37:40

My main problem with all these conspiracy theories is that they mostly needlessly make people scared. I'm convinced the current society is messed up enough as it is, as everyone is constantly stressed due to jobs and whatnot.

Panic about new world order or alien invasions or zombie apocalypses or other stuff like that only makes things worse by adding a constant bit of feat to people's lives.

Therefore, I prefer to wave away all that stuff, and just enjoy life as I experience it; I'll see what comes my way, and I'll decide for myself what is right and what is wrong, who are the bad guys and who are the good guys.

I prefer to strive for feeling love and happiness in my life, rather than worry myself about what evil things could be.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 18:41:12

At 8/21/10 05:37 PM, Mich wrote: Panic about new world order or alien invasions or zombie apocalypses or other stuff like that only makes things worse by adding a constant bit of fear to people's lives.

Fixed, sorry for the double post, but I'd like to prevent confusion.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 20:36:11

Guys, I'm actually Bjra's alt

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 20:54:45

Mich

I'll have to agree with Mich here. I never worry about such things. And even so even if everybody in this world would see that vid. What next?

Also alot of people would just go on with there lives and forget about that vid. I cant say that i agree or disagree because i honestly dont care....

I might die tommorow and nobody would care. yes my mom and family would be hurt but they would move on. And life just simply goes on. The sun will rise every morning and birds would sing like any other day.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 21:36:52

At 8/21/10 08:54 PM, YouriX wrote:

Also alot of people would just go on with there lives and forget about that vid. I cant say that i agree or disagree because i honestly dont care....

Exactly ; people who just don't care, will fall in the enemy's traps.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 22:43:11

Conspiracy Theory Videos

I don't have the capacity to watch to watch or listen to them, there are too many drawn out blow hards who think they are worth while.

News, politics, government

I don't have the capacity to watch to watch or listen to them, there are too many drawn out blow hards who think they are worth while.

New ground users

My mom

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-08-21 22:44:21

I am quite capable of pasting pasting the same mistake multiple times though.I am quite capable of pasting pasting the same mistake multiple times though.

BBS Signature