djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 09:23:25 Reply

Wall Street Jar Heads

At 5/17/10 08:49 AM, sorohanro wrote: Bernanke Admits Printing $1.3 Trillion Out Of Thin Air

Meh, whatever... Normally this would be a bit of a problem. But because the policy here is to out weigh the rights of the accused from the rights of the victim, everything is hunky-dorry. Because they get a pardon and full benefits for the rest of their lives and we'll just have to pay a few more hundreds of millions dollars in tax money that they gave to the mortgage company which they will put 5% into the company and the rest will go to Filipino hookers.

And the best part, no one (up top) will think anything of it.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 12:28:55 Reply

zero voting

don't even dare bringing that up in this thread, ALL threads are to be spared from those discussions - because we who've been around long enough are EXTREMLEY sick and tired of that stuff.

you might bring something up in here if it's NOT BITCHING/WHINING or similiar.

posts have been deleted, noone banned. yet. >:(

Wakka wakka

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 12:43:03 Reply

At 5/16/10 06:58 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote:
At 5/16/10 05:16 PM, Nosferatu-of-Worms wrote: RIP Dio
That's pretty shitty... Go figure, dude has to die on my birthday. I'm 18, today. Glad to be adult, pissed that everything counts, now.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EE

Glad you stopped back in -,0

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 12:49:11 Reply

Another Idea

I'll stop with the ideas eventually, but I've suddenly had an idea. What if we organise an activity where we create this HUGE song which incorporates ALL of the genres of NG. We get 29 people [minus Miscellaneous and Voice Acting] to each do a specific genre, and it has to be like 16 bars long or something, and then we combine it all together to one song, with each genre transitioning to the next. After all, I know of quite a few people who can fill in some of the genres :3.

It's a bit like this (no self advertisement) or this, except on a much larger scale. We can decide on a key, a DAW (FL Studio lolz), a tempo (can vary according to genre) and a time signature.

Maybe if ALL of the genres is a bit too much, we can decide on a few more popular genres and leave out the ones like Ska, Bluegrass, Goth, Blues, etc... Then, we get a few people to work on the transitions from one genre to another, and upload it to NG as the longest song and biggest collab, plus maybe to mediafire or some other file hosting website in higher quality (or we can see if Tom MIGHT let us upload a bigger filesize).

So, is it yet another fail idea, or does it have some potential?

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 13:58:53 Reply

At 5/17/10 12:49 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Another Idea

I'll stop with the ideas eventually, but I've suddenly had an idea. What if we organise an activity where we create this HUGE song which incorporates ALL of the genres of NG. We get 29 people [minus Miscellaneous and Voice Acting] to each do a specific genre, and it has to be like 16 bars long or something, and then we combine it all together to one song, with each genre transitioning to the next. After all, I know of quite a few people who can fill in some of the genres :3.

It's a bit like this (no self advertisement) or this, except on a much larger scale. We can decide on a key, a DAW (FL Studio lolz), a tempo (can vary according to genre) and a time signature.

Maybe if ALL of the genres is a bit too much, we can decide on a few more popular genres and leave out the ones like Ska, Bluegrass, Goth, Blues, etc... Then, we get a few people to work on the transitions from one genre to another, and upload it to NG as the longest song and biggest collab, plus maybe to mediafire or some other file hosting website in higher quality (or we can see if Tom MIGHT let us upload a bigger filesize).

So, is it yet another fail idea, or does it have some potential?

Wow, amazing. This idea is inspiring and the chance to make a good song that will prove NG's Greatness. I'm definitely into this idea! Sign me up if you do it, and note of advice, try to get some of the best NG artists you can find if you can so we can make it as awesome as possible.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 15:25:37 Reply

At 5/17/10 12:49 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: What if we do another CTSG

Oh, like the CTSG that exists already?

Wat

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 15:54:42 Reply

Wait, there are gay s&m bars for bears?

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.
~Morton Feldman
Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 16:06:17 Reply

At 5/17/10 03:25 PM, Envy wrote:

It's too hard to be original nowadays.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 16:10:24 Reply

At 5/17/10 04:06 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
It's too hard to be original nowadays.

Lol you couldn't have said truer words.

Wat

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 18:45:32 Reply

At 5/17/10 04:06 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: It's too hard to be original nowadays.

Let's make generic dance songs with the same chords that have been use five hundred thousand three hundred and two times, using Vengeance essential clubsounds drums and nexus presets instead.

Also, at the link Soro posted: hai guys y do i has inflatiuns?

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 19:43:06 Reply

And the one that still needs to be animated!?!

Oh Solusssss..... lol

Can we get an animator up in this bitch!?

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-17 22:40:15 Reply

At 5/17/10 07:43 PM, EchozAurora wrote: And the one that still needs to be animated!?!

This HAS to be done.

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-18 00:03:26 Reply

At 5/17/10 10:40 PM, Nav wrote:
At 5/17/10 07:43 PM, EchozAurora wrote: And the one that still needs to be animated!?!
This HAS to be done.

I know!!! We need someone that is somewhat active in audio and yet active in flash as well to head it up.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Psil0
Psil0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-18 01:30:34 Reply

At 5/18/10 01:18 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: YOU SHALL ALL SUFFER THE WRATH
of this pretty little birdy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SuaclRPQ Ik

Birdy looks yummy.

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-18 08:14:27 Reply

At 5/18/10 12:03 AM, EchozAurora wrote: I know!!! We need someone that is somewhat active in audio and yet active in flash as well to head it up.

THAT IS MEEEEEEE!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-18 09:33:42 Reply

At 5/18/10 12:03 AM, EchozAurora wrote:
This HAS to be done.
I know!!! We need someone that is somewhat active in audio and yet active in flash as well to head it up.

Shit. Um... Man.

I need to stop stumbling in at the exact moment when people are kinda looking for me.

I'll just be leaving now.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-18 12:01:26 Reply

At 5/18/10 09:33 AM, SolusLunes wrote:
This HAS to be done.
Shit. Um... Man.

I need to stop stumbling in at the exact moment when people are kinda looking for me.

Er.. Yeah.. I will follow suit..

*runs away*

and yes there are gay S&M bars for Bears - the bear and the Leather community are actually pretty tight these days.. both seem to be an iconic gay sign of manliness.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-18 12:06:25 Reply

At 5/18/10 09:33 AM, SolusLunes wrote:
This HAS to be done.
Shit. Um... Man.

Er.. Yeah.. I will follow suit..

*runs away*

and yes there are gay S&M bars for Bears - the bear and the Leather community are actually pretty tight these days.. both seem to be an iconic gay sign of manliness.

also we made a gay bears and bear lovers club - mods approve of it - because all mods love bears ;P

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1167 193

djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 09:40:48 Reply

Buttons Vs. Touch

Whether it be Blackberry vs. iPhone or MP3 vs. iPod, makes do difference. Which do you prefer? Do want something flowing and dynamic? Or do you want something stationary and comfortable?

I personally can't stand most touch item. Ex. iPod wheels piss me off to no end. To sensitive when you need it most and to unresponsive the other half of the time.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 10:47:31 Reply

iPhone is doing me well. I was tossing up between a blackberry, nokia n-series, or iPhone, and ended up with the iPhone by pure chance. It was a bit weird at first, but now the on screen keyboard feels super natural, and is decently sized too.

Plus I'm really digging the audio apps on the iPhone at the moment. Still haven't gotten over ReBirth yet.

Gravey
Gravey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 11:08:42 Reply

At 5/19/10 09:40 AM, djInTheDark wrote:
Buttons Vs. Touch

I'm a buttons guy. My favorite phone is still the Razr to be quite honest. It suits my needs perfectly. Sadly mine died not long ago. But yea, I tested out both the iPhone and an iPod about a year ago when a friend of mine went on vacation. She left hers with me because she didn't want to be distracted by them while taking her leisure time.

I really wasn't impressed with either product in the least. The touch screens are very pretty that isn't really debatable. But touch screens just don't do it for me. I like to be able to feel buttons. Especially when it comes to my mp3 players. The only time I use my mp3 players is when I'm running, and having buttons means I don't actually have to unhook my mp3 player to look at it when skipping songs, switching playlists, and other stuff.

I'm probably just simple minded but I'm not into touch screens at all. The new iPad looks like the dumbest thing I've ever seen. to me it seems like they decided to put a crappy computer inside of a perfectly good doormat.

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 11:42:26 Reply

I had some experience with iPhones. My classmate has one. She likes it a lot, so I decided to check it out.

It feels kind of unusual. It looks very nice and the menus look beautiful. No buttons lol. But I'd never buy an iPhone.

I have my Sony Ericsson K810i and I am okay with it :P

In the end, I seem more like a button dude. But if I had an iPhone, I think I would get used to it.
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 12:10:33 Reply

At 5/19/10 11:42 AM, MrSaint wrote:
In the end, I seem more like a button dude. But if I had an iPhone, I think I would get used to it.

Same here. Right now I have a Nokia N95, and it's never failed me yet.

It takes an age to start up though.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 12:15:43 Reply

I have the HTC hero and its pretty sweet. It's just a huuuge difference from my old phone (One of those generic texting flip phones) I could text behind my back and all that junk. With this phone it's reallllllllllly slow and sometimes annoying to have to text people back, especially if they're long responses.

Anyways, I find that there really aren't many (if any) phones other than the blackberry that can do what the new touch phones do, so those of you who love buttons may be out of luck in the near future. I'm afraid they're all moving towards touch.

Now I'm just waiting for android 2.1 to be released on my phone back in January... Then February... Then March... Then the beginning of May... Now theyre saying by the end of Q2... Come on June....

Wat

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 14:41:03 Reply

Cellular Phones

I want o get an iphone just simply because i have an ipod touch. i like all the apps it has and the smooth touch screen scrolling. plus the new iphones i believe will have video cameras on the front and back.
I use all the apps on my ipod touch almost on a daily basis. i just wish that they would make an iphone for verizon. right now i just have a standard cell phone. takes good pics great connection. no lagging software. im happy with it for now i just really want an iphone. plus my cousin works in the upper echelons of apple inc. so she can get me deals.

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 14:43:07 Reply

At 5/19/10 12:15 PM, Envy wrote: I have the HTC hero and its pretty sweet. It's just a huuuge difference from my old phone (One of those generic texting flip phones) I could text behind my back and all that junk. With this phone it's reallllllllllly slow and sometimes annoying to have to text people back, especially if they're long responses.

I've got the eris and I don't have that much trouble with the touch-screen for text entry anymore. Verizon just pushed the android 2.1 update to me, and I think it helped out a lot with general phone speed.

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 14:43:52 Reply

DBL POST

nobody likes the new Ratatat video i posted above with the bird?!?!?!.
i love that band

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 14:48:50 Reply

At 5/19/10 02:43 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 5/19/10 12:15 PM, Envy wrote: I have the HTC hero and its pretty sweet. It's just a huuuge difference from my old phone (One of those generic texting flip phones) I could text behind my back and all that junk. With this phone it's reallllllllllly slow and sometimes annoying to have to text people back, especially if they're long responses.
I've got the eris and I don't have that much trouble with the touch-screen for text entry anymore. Verizon just pushed the android 2.1 update to me, and I think it helped out a lot with general phone speed.

Thats what I've heard from other people with the eris. The 2.1 fixed alot of the typing lag that it had before. I'm just waiting for mine now >8(

Wat

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-05-19 14:52:10 Reply

SO MANY SONGS!!!

So I was messing around on Google today, and I noticed how massive the amount of songs is. I mean seriously, there are so many things you can type down and type 'lyrics' after it to find it as one of the suggestions at the bottom of the search bar.

I wrote down 'Love lyrics' in the search bar and turns out there's a song called Love since it came up in the suggestions, I wrote down 'Hate lyrics' and it came up in the suggestions too. Then I looked around me to see what other random items I could write down.

I wrote down 'Computer lyrics' and it came up as a suggestion, I wrote down 'Wall lyrics' and it came up too, and so did 'Pencil Case lyrics', 'Pencil lyrics', 'Pen lyrics', 'Curtains lyrics', 'Window lyrics' and 'Speakers lyrics'. Heck, I even wrote down 'Microsoft lyrics' and it came up as a suggestion.

There are so many different songs out there... Damn, music really does rule the world.

BBS Signature