00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,914 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 03:20:34

Win?

I made a delicious sandwich with chili peppers, spiced (jalapeno) montery jack and spiced ham.

I downed it with wine from a tetra pack, which I recently discovered today existed.

:Also at Kirbyfemur, a lot of us are putsy with some of the specifics that come up, but I think those who just fail to imagine the scope of what their asking need a firm slapping. Like the people who effectively ask "What I do music?"

However those people serve a purpose in the same way the people in videos like "pain olympics" do. Fail-grounders remind me how far I've come with music, in the same way at the end of my day, I live a fulfilling life given I'm not 'performing' bizarre one time rituals on camera. Yay for contrasts.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 03:27:16

At 3/14/10 03:20 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Win?

I made a delicious sandwich with chili peppers, spiced (jalapeno) montery jack and spiced ham.

I downed it with wine from a tetra pack, which I recently discovered today existed.

Boxes of wine are good because they are cheap. 5 Liters for 5 bucks? I'll take it.

However I wouldn't say theres much quality in boxed wine haha. At least I've never seen any. It's just entising to me like mexican weed is because I can buy an ounce for 40 bucks.

Also - Your sandwhich sounded pretty bomb....now I'm hungry. THANKS

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 03:39:30

At 3/14/10 03:27 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Boxes of wine are good because they are cheap. 5 Liters for 5 bucks? I'll take it.

My parents purchased it and I benefitted, they were 1liter tetra-packs, apparently it keeps longer/fresher, doesn't have the cork altering the wines flavour, is more environmentally friendly, doesn't break, sells a little cheaper (but not vastly so). Overall it sounds quite nice. The only real negative to it is its not 'classy' seeming.

However I wouldn't say theres much quality in boxed wine haha. At least I've never seen any. It's just entising to me like mexican weed is because I can buy an ounce for 40 bucks.

Yea bulk buying certainly has a diminishing return.

Also - Your sandwhich sounded pretty bomb....now I'm hungry. THANKS

Yer whale comb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 04:16:08

At 3/14/10 03:39 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
Yer whale comb.

Not gonna lie, it took me like 4 times reading that to understand it.

FIrst I was thinking "Is he trying to call me a whale somehow?"

Then it was: "Maybe there's such thing a whale comb?"

then it was "do whales even have hair? *searches google*"

finally i landed on "no there is no such thing as a comb for whales, WAIT, DUH, it fucking sounds like your welcome"

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 04:20:13

At 3/14/10 03:20 AM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
Also at Kirbyfemur, a lot of us are putsy with some of the specifics that come up, but I think those who just fail to imagine the scope of what their asking need a firm slapping. Like the people who effectively ask "What I do music?"

Yeah, i know that people here probably get a bit touchy since it's been going on forever. Though i don't quite understand the context of the "What I do music?" part lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 04:28:16

At 3/14/10 04:20 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: hough i don't quite understand the context of the "What I do music?" part lol

Publicized bogunism in the form of stupid questions that lack the direction to merit an answer.

Also epic response Logical. :P Awabwu.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 05:18:30

Are there any Chicago people on newgrounds?

I know theres some gay canadians and californians, but I find it hard to believe that there's so few internet people in chicago, especially music related since chicago used to be a huge jazz scene and was the birthplace of house music.

also i need weed and i already called everyone in the entire state that i know lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 06:14:05

At 3/14/10 01:37 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: ALSO

That guy who wanted to pay 200 bucks for exclusive rights to a song via a contest is not completely insane or anything, but for more reasons then one, he just messed that up. I would rant about it but frankly I don't feeling like typing that much

You know, you could always get one of these for that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 11:37:23

At 3/14/10 06:14 AM, Mich wrote: You know, you could always get one of these for that.

I refuse to blog. I am not trying to be a writer, and my opinion, however insane yet logical it may be, is not worthy of intentional public display for readers. Hence my choice in trolling instead =P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 12:29:25

Blogs are mostly for trolls. The NG Blog is an exception :P

Guitar Lessons and Music Lessons in general

I have become more serious about studying guitar with a teacher. Mostly I am self taught, though I had some lessons long time ago. This will obviously increase my abilities.

Also I am gonna poke around the local culture centre, my friends Mom is a teacher of music there, so I can learn notes and shit.

I am excited and YES LOANS, I IS WORKING ON THE PROJECT FOR YOU <3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 12:42:23

At 3/14/10 12:29 PM, MrSaint wrote: so I can learn notes and shit.

I 10d

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 13:31:20

EAST WEST IS PISSING ME OFF SO HARD RIGHT NOW

I did not pay over a thousand bucks to have my ears ruined. The fucking system randomly overloads during performance and shoots out +6dB noise destroying ears and speakers....it's not tied to RAM or CPU usage, they actually haven't even figured out a way to recreate the problem, they just know it happens randomly.

My ears have been ringing for 6 hours now....If I have any serious ear damage I am pissed enough to possibly sue as precise hearing is extremely important to my future career.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 15:32:41

At 3/14/10 01:31 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: EAST WEST IS PISSING ME OFF SO HARD RIGHT NOW
My ears have been ringing for 6 hours now....If I have any serious ear damage I am pissed enough to possibly sue as precise hearing is extremely important to my future career.

Sorry to hear this.
I suggest that always, I say, ALWAYS protect your ears.
Two "must do" things:
- low volume
- limiter on master bus while mixing.
You can always disable it when you render the final mix to have it "clean" for the mastering session, but will keep your gear safe, soundcard, speakers and more important, ears.
Kjaerhus Master Limiter is usually the first plugin that I put when I start a new project. It's good and free.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 15:42:41

rage at ew

Obviously you could just limit your system volume to a lower level.

My interface is failing or there's a driver issue or something, because occasionally I'll get a random burst or three of white noise that's louder than most of the content I ever play through the speakers... but I never have the levels high enough that it becomes painful.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 17:32:15

I mix at the suggested 85dB level always. I learned the hard way about keeping hardwall limiters on and I am going to do that from now on.

P.S. The ringing in my ear has stopped but it still feels a bit hypersensitive. Hopefully whatever damage was caused was reversible/temporary (such as going to a rock show)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 17:33:34

At 3/14/10 05:32 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: P.S. The ringing in my ear has stopped but it still feels a bit hypersensitive. Hopefully whatever damage was caused was reversible/temporary (such as going to a rock show)

If you let it happen enough times to cause permanent damage, you brought it on yourself.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 17:37:08

At 3/14/10 05:33 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 3/14/10 05:32 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: P.S. The ringing in my ear has stopped but it still feels a bit hypersensitive. Hopefully whatever damage was caused was reversible/temporary (such as going to a rock show)
If you let it happen enough times to cause permanent damage, you brought it on yourself.

It happened once...

The other times after I was using a limiter and wasn't using headphones so the effect was none.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 17:42:05

I really thought it did damage for a while but I have been testing my freq response somewhat and it seems normal from what I can tell with EQUO blind tests(something I kinda made up)

I was also MPMS-ing when I first wrote that post shit talking EW, but seriously, if you are paying 1200 USD for a sound pack, you shouldn't have to be surprised by max white noise randomly without warning on the package somewhere(there was a case of a guy on there losing his 8000USD monitors in his studio, and numerous "i think i might have ear damage" posts). I had to sign up on the forums and register a support ticket just to find out that problem existed though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 17:51:46

At 3/14/10 05:32 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Hopefully whatever damage was caused was reversible/temporary (such as going to a rock show)

You know that this is not truth.
The damage caused by a rock show is permanent. Whatever makes your ears ringing is permanent.
I thought too that after ringing disappear you're ok, but it's not like this. Now I have a bit of tinnitus (constant ringing)because of rock concerts, loud rehearsals, stupid jokes of percussion players in orchestra and Mahler symphonies performing LOL).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 17:58:24

At 3/14/10 05:51 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 3/14/10 05:32 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Hopefully whatever damage was caused was reversible/temporary (such as going to a rock show)
You know that this is not truth.
The damage caused by a rock show is permanent. Whatever makes your ears ringing is permanent.
I thought too that after ringing disappear you're ok, but it's not like this. Now I have a bit of tinnitus (constant ringing)because of rock concerts, loud rehearsals, stupid jokes of percussion players in orchestra and Mahler symphonies performing LOL).

So just out of curiosity to look up causes for tinnitus besides overexposure and there are some frightening results:

Other possible causes of tinnitus include:

A buildup of earwax.

Medicines, especially antibiotics or large amounts of aspirin.

Drinking an excessive amount of alcohol or caffeinated beverages.

Dental or other problems affecting the mouth, such as temporomandibular (TM) problems.

Injuries, such as whiplash or a direct blow to the ear or head.

A rapid change in environmental pressure (barotrauma).

Severe weight loss from malnutrition or excessive dieting.

Repeated exercise with the neck in a hyperextended position, such as when bicycle riding.

Blood flow (vascular) problems, such as carotid atherosclerosis, AV malformations, and high blood pressure (hypertension).

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 20:22:09

At 3/14/10 05:58 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Drinking an excessive amount of alcohol or caffeinated beverages.

Party guys who like to get all wasted, if you want to keep your hearing well, stop your excessive drinking!

I lol'd at this one. To me it seems like none of these apply to me at the moment, so I feel good about it.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 20:26:30

I wonder if lance armstrong has shitty hearing?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-14 22:52:04

At 3/14/10 05:58 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: So just out of curiosity to look up causes for tinnitus besides overexposure and there are some frightening results:

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-15 04:12:56

Audio forum awards

when is the last time we tallied up how useless at real life we all are. i lost track

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-15 04:24:14

At 3/15/10 04:12 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Audio forum awards

when is the last time we tallied up how useless at real life we all are. i lost track

We are all winners here on NG.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-15 05:48:34

At 3/15/10 04:12 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Audio forum awards

I'm pretty sure that was by the end of 2008, actually.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-15 07:03:20

At 3/14/10 11:34 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 3/14/10 10:52 PM, EchozAurora wrote:
At 3/14/10 05:58 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: So just out of curiosity to look up causes for tinnitus besides overexposure and there are some frightening results:

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU
I had the same reaction.

Me too. For the alcohol, the caffeine, the bicycle riding, the earwax..

Jesus, I think I might be deaf soon.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-15 07:11:05

Audio Awards...

Yeah.. it was mentioned in 2009 because that is when the last awards were. I'm sure you could find the thread if you looked for it.

Cannn't sleeeep

And I have to be up for work in two hours. =|

At least I did get a few hours of couch-sleep before my roommate got home.. but then I woke up... showered, and have been awake for the past few hours.

Normally I can fall asleep anytime anywhere... so... it's interesting. The reason behind it is obvious... I finally found out this girl I've liked for.. well.. months now is really into me as well.. and... well.. we came out into the open with it to each other last night... so... yeah... that's awesome...

Only problem is... she has a boyfriend that she's been with for a while... and even though I hear the guy's been a dick from her friend.. that's still an obstacle.

It'll probably work out... but, regardless...

I CAN'T FUCKING SLEEEEEP.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-15 07:25:43

At 3/15/10 07:11 AM, EchozAurora wrote:

Only problem is... she has a boyfriend that she's been with for a while... and even though I hear the guy's been a dick from her friend.. that's still an obstacle.

High school all over again eh? ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-03-15 07:33:41

At 3/15/10 07:25 AM, Sealander wrote:
At 3/15/10 07:11 AM, EchozAurora wrote:
High school all over again eh? ;)

Hey... she's 18... (As in... funny you say that.. because she's a senior in HS.)

But yeah... trust me... ze drama doesn't end when you get out of high school lol. In fact, in many cases... it intensifies. =P

BBS Signature