00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,494 Views | 34,321 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 11:12:00

i like good dubstep but dont like bad dubstep

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 11:31:14

what makes it good?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 11:55:13

Dubstep

Bjra, I prefer music I can enjoy any place, anywhere, any time. I haven't been to a huge trance party either, but I'm convince that Trance is much better at a party, along with a ton of other people, a huge liveshow and all that, than it is on your own in a room.

But I see where you're coming from... Guess I just look for other things in music.
Please note though, I've never said I have never enjoyed a dubstep track; I do anjoy me a gritty wobbly bass every now and then, but it's not something I personally like to listen to for more than 10 minutes straight.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 13:00:44

meh, I've been an active member of the local EDM scene for over a year & a half and I usually go sober to parties and stay sober from anything. I know I'm not typical, but goddamn, dubstep makes me want to fall asleep or shoot myself in the face from boredom. I haven't heard a song I really enjoyed yet.

Trance (and some house) is the only thing I can enjoy sober and dance so hard that my feet get blisters even in comfortable shoes, which is what happened last weekend when Marco V was here. hooooly crap.

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.

{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}

Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 16:11:28

At 2/9/10 01:00 PM, Liralei wrote: meh, I've been an active member of the local EDM scene for over a year & a half and I usually go sober to parties and stay sober from anything. I know I'm not typical, but goddamn, dubstep makes me want to fall asleep or shoot myself in the face from boredom. I haven't heard a song I really enjoyed yet.

Trance (and some house) is the only thing I can enjoy sober and dance so hard that my feet get blisters even in comfortable shoes, which is what happened last weekend when Marco V was here. hooooly crap.

Depends on how sober I am and how good the DJ is. If I'm sober, and the DJ is playing the same washed out tracks, and not doing anything to spice em up at all.. ie: mixing in other stuff with it... yeah.. dubstep can get old realllly quick. I'm fortunate enough to live in a scene with quite a few dubstep DJs that can really rage out on the stuff. Key thing is though, the best ones will mix in electro and breaks to keep it fresh.

However, I went and saw Bassnectar again a while back completely sober and raged out the whole time. Danced from the beginning all the way through the end and wanted to keep going even. Was just.. awesome really. (The first time was at a festival and I was WAAAAYYYY not sober. lol)

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 16:51:33

At 2/9/10 11:55 AM, Mich wrote: Dubstep

Bjra, I prefer music I can enjoy any place, anywhere, any time.

that's a crappy mindset, you're letting everyone else decide what you like

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 16:56:05

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 17:18:49

At 2/9/10 04:56 PM, sorohanro wrote: LOL of the day

baaaahahahahaha

litterally and metaphorically.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 17:34:46

At 2/9/10 04:56 PM, sorohanro wrote: LOL of the day

Thats hilarious.

To the guys above, I've always considered Dubstep to be drum and bass at like 40bpm slower with some raggae influence. Nothing special about it, its just shifting from 'undergorund' to 'less underground' and kids are jumping on it as if its some new stuff their part of discovering.

Just a musical fad. :S

Also dubstep, as with any genre of music on drugs is likely 'better'. Drugs kind of do that whole euphoria thing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 17:40:26

At 2/9/10 04:51 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 2/9/10 11:55 AM, Mich wrote: Dubstep

Bjra, I prefer music I can enjoy any place, anywhere, any time.
that's a crappy mindset, you're letting everyone else decide what you like

I mean, I don't really care much about music that is only really enjoyable under certain circumstances - maybe that's a better way to say what I mean. Music I could only enjoy when freaking at a party is not music I'd spend my money on.

LOL OF THE DAY

I lol'd hard. I love how it's exactly the same pitch. :p

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 17:48:36

Dubstep is fucking sick.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 21:15:20

At 2/8/10 10:08 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 2/8/10 05:39 PM, loogiesquared wrote: Guess who I am.
lol loogie :P

Lol Chromanium-Naut

At 2/8/10 08:08 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 2/8/10 05:39 PM, loogiesquared wrote: Guess who I am.
WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU COME FROM!?

4Chan.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 22:46:29

I Like GOOD Dubstep

I think that phrase pretty much sums up my feelings for the genre. Unlike a few people here, I love dubstep when it's raw and wobbly and epic, but a lot of it creeps heavily into more ambient-style music these days. It's like dubstep is a soft drink and the big industry cats have decided that it sells best when watered down with some ambient water.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 22:58:59

At 2/9/10 10:46 PM, Stupor wrote: It's like dubstep is a soft drink and the big industry cats have decided that it sells best when watered down with some ambient water.

Since when has dubstep been mainstream/big enough for the music industry to care about it? Over here in Australia it's still pretty underground.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 23:21:59

At 2/9/10 10:58 PM, jarrydn wrote: Since when has dubstep been mainstream/big enough for the music industry to care about it? Over here in Australia it's still pretty underground.

Here in Ottawa more and more people are bringing it up about how its sort of 'new' and 'fresh'. I know theres been a few pow-wows, raves, get-to-gethers or whatever you call a dubstep show (I guess 'shows' works).

Lot of people who lay claim to like dubstep use to be, or still are, junglists.

While its still underground, I wouldn't consider it rare, or even uncommon here. Might be neat comparing what were saying now about it 6 months time from now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 23:44:59

Holy shit

I'm drunk as shit right now...

Too. Much, Beer. /0pong.

me and my friend were killing it!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-09 23:49:27

b-b-b-b-but i just made my first dubstep song......

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 04:04:12

At 2/9/10 11:49 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: b-b-b-b-but i just made my first dubstep song......

I said I do like certain dubstep songs :3

I'm so lonely
One is the loneliest number.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 04:34:16

At 2/10/10 04:04 AM, Mich wrote: I'm so lonely
One is the loneliest number.

Now there's two ;D

A new toy came for me in the mail today! If a Prophet 5 and a TB-303 were to have babies, this'd be it!

Excusing of course that this is digital

It looks ugly, and it sounds nasty. In a good way of course :)

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 04:56:52

At 2/10/10 04:34 AM, jarrydn wrote: A new toy came for me in the mail today! If a Prophet 5 and a TB-303 were to have babies, this'd be it!

Excusing of course that this is digital
It looks ugly, and it sounds nasty. In a good way of course :)

The way it looks ugly, makes it look fancy - if that makes sense.
I'd like to have a real synthesizer too, but even those on ebay I've ran into are all above my budget. Guess I need to stop being a bum and get a job. -.-'
Right now I have a simple midi keyboard, and a Bontempi PM746 or something; which is just your regular cheap playing keyboard with a bunch of (bad) preset sounds. Luckily it has midi in/out though. As midi keyboard it isn't much as the keys don't even have touch sensitivity.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 05:02:37

At 2/10/10 04:56 AM, Mich wrote: it looks ugly, makes it look fancy - if that makes sense.
I'd like to have a real synthesizer too, but even those on ebay I've ran into are all above my budget. Guess I need to stop being a bum and get a job. -.-'

Roland JX-3P might be in your price range. A Casio CZ-1000 would definitely be within your budget. Yamaha TX-81Z would also be in your budget, as would any of the lesser DX series.

Keep in mind that second hand synths in Europe command a pretty hefty price tag, compared to what you'd find on US ebay.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 05:57:18

Dub Step

I really love the sound. I mean, sure the entire genre is just the introduction to a really slick dnb. But it's still prety cool...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 09:39:42

At 2/9/10 11:44 PM, TMM43 wrote: Holy shit

I'm drunk as shit right now...

Too. Much, Beer. /0pong.

me and my friend were killing it!

Hahaha I was drunk last night as well... went outside in the snow, it was fucking surreal

also, I feel like such a lucky bastard for my immunity to hangovers

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 10:23:48

SNOW DAY!!!!!

im off from work today because of the snow. Fuck Yeah!!!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 11:58:22

At 2/10/10 10:23 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: SNOW DAY!!!!!

Yeah duder! I'm off from classes today. Too bad it's like fucking ice rain right now. I was hoping for straight snow.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 12:04:15

snow day

doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot when you've got no school or work.

i need a goddamn job.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 13:16:12

At 2/10/10 01:02 PM, Chronamut wrote:

and not the "turn up the bass" randomly insterted shitty generic samples type of vocals guy either - guess it's a product of being raised in the 80s and 90s.

so whats my excuse?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 17:29:17

At 2/10/10 08:15 AM, Bjra wrote: alright. you officially have the most cool collection of analog gear on newgrounds. now stop buying gear and start pumping out a track every week. or two. and post what gear you used in the description of your tracks.

Lol, first I need to solder up alot of cables :'(

Then I need to find some talent.

Oh yeah, and full time work + uni doesn't leave me with much time for anything else. Especially when my time management sucks :[

Really, I think I just have an unhealthy obsession with buying synths. I keep telling myself that I'll stop after each one. But GAS always has a nasty way of showing up :[. I could sell everything off, and just keep my MicroQ, and make dope tunes. Hell, I could (and have) write awesome stuff just using VSTi's. But I like the blinky lights >___>

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-10 22:13:01

At 2/10/10 09:42 PM, Bjra wrote: lol I know how you feel. I got work full time and school to contend with and by that time you usually have no energy left

No shit man. Feeling like you live to work is the most uninspiring feeling ever.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-02-11 01:49:23

Laptop for music production

I'm currently looking for a laptop that would work well with producing music. Also any ideas on what software I should get. My budget is around $900-$1,000 as of now.