Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:15:40 Reply

At 11/23/09 08:47 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 11/23/09 08:32 PM, Bjra wrote: collabin' in real life

I'd really like to meet some of you talented fuckers IRL, and produce some tracks, too bad we all live in bum fuck egypt
Dude, I'm in indiana. WE HAVE MORE THAN CORN.

that aint too far from where im at, in ohio

nathanallenpinard
nathanallenpinard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:20:06 Reply

Portland, OR for me, but stay the hell away kthx

...unless your a hot femme.

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:24:48 Reply

At 11/23/09 09:20 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote: Portland, OR for me, but stay the hell away kthx

I could stuff a pillow in my shirt. would that satisfy you

nathanallenpinard
nathanallenpinard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:28:28 Reply

At 11/23/09 09:24 PM, Bjra wrote:
At 11/23/09 09:20 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote: Portland, OR for me, but stay the hell away kthx

I could stuff a pillow in my shirt. would that satisfy you

I guess that depends how big the pillows are.

Stupor
Stupor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:38:20 Reply

ATL here. No pillows necessary, we have plenty of hot ass to go around.

#1 strip club capital of the WORLD

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!", we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:54:43 Reply

I say we have a hill jack NG musician meet up here soon. we could all go and raid the next comic-con in philly, and meet tom fulp, the lightbringer, and the ng staff in person as a group

show them that the ng audio portal is a community to be reckoned with

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 21:59:52 Reply

At 11/23/09 09:54 PM, Bjra wrote: I say we have a hill jack NG musician meet up here soon. we could all go and raid the next comic-con in philly, and meet tom fulp, the lightbringer, and the ng staff in person as a group

Where in ohio are you man? I'm in fort wayne, so I'm like 20 minutes away from the border. I can be in van wert in an hour, bowling green in a little more than that.

Lol. Six AF regs banging on the ng door HEY OPEN UP

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 22:01:51 Reply

At 11/23/09 09:59 PM, loansindi wrote: Where in ohio are you man? I'm in fort wayne, so I'm like 20 minutes away from the border. I can be in van wert in an hour, bowling green in a little more than that.

Im in northeast ohio, near cleveland, and close to the PA border. might have to drop by and we can jam some time

hells yeah

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 22:08:30 Reply

At 11/23/09 10:01 PM, Bjra wrote: Im in northeast ohio, near cleveland, and close to the PA border. might have to drop by and we can jam some time

Aww man trekkin across most of the state

hells yeah

That would make it all worth it though.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 22:13:56 Reply

bah too far away - id have to drag mamatequila along if i came.

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-23 22:41:40 Reply

YO SYMBOL!

I'm gonna be on Christmas break soon, which means I'm going to be working in the City again. We should meet up duder!

I'm 21 now so we can hit up some bars.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 00:45:20 Reply

At 11/23/09 10:41 PM, TMM43 wrote: YO SYMBOL!

I'm gonna be on Christmas break soon, which means I'm going to be working in the City again. We should meet up duder!

I'm 21 now so we can hit up some bars.

im fuckin down for some debautchery. how long is your christmas break?

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 01:02:29 Reply

At 11/24/09 12:45 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: im fuckin down for some debautchery. how long is your christmas break?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPfCx56Y dw

I KNOW OF A TAVERN NOT FAR FROM HERE WHERE YOU CAN GET SOME MIGHTY FINE BEER

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 01:35:35 Reply

At 11/24/09 01:02 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 11/24/09 12:45 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: im fuckin down for some debautchery. how long is your christmas break?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPfCx56Y dw

I KNOW OF A TAVERN NOT FAR FROM HERE WHERE YOU CAN GET SOME MIGHTY FINE BEER

Set Sail On Ale

My buddy's band. Fucking awesome.

audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
Prodigal
Prodigal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 07:19:36 Reply

IRL stuff

Dammit.

The only potential IRL meet I could do is with Chron because he lives like 20 minutes away from me but He doesn't like kids, and I couldn't agree more :P

Sowwy Chron

Otherwise, unless you want to look like a retard, dragging around a 14 year old rag, then I'll just stay home.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 07:51:40 Reply

Me and my ladyfriend are going to be in the UK next year...any britfags wanna catch up and do some eckies? ;D

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 07:58:48 Reply

i am still up for a canada meetup though :)

drags rawmin down
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 09:28:18 Reply

Lol

It's a Lady Gaga parody.. and it's funny :p

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Prodigal
Prodigal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 22:03:14 Reply

An early, but dissapointing xmas present

My mom came in my door today, after work, and said Merry Christmas. To my surprise, I turned around to expect something like a game. I turned around to see a printer (HP OfficeJet All-In-One 6210) for me. I'm happy, but something THIS early means trouble.
She said that was our christmas present, and thats all we get. That only means one thing: Money problems.
My stepdad is out of work, and my aunt won't get one. That leaves my mom to pay off everything, leaving her little money. We've been expecting something BIG lately, a large amount of money from a court case we had won, but that was in August. It's been delayed for SO LONG and they still won't give us our fucking money.

End of story, I got a printer and nothing else. Now to get the ink, paper...

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 23:02:41 Reply

At 11/24/09 10:03 PM, Prodigal wrote: We've been expecting something BIG lately, a large amount of money from a court case we had won, but that was in August. It's been delayed for SO LONG and they still won't give us our fucking money.

Expect that to take a whole lot longer. The justice system is known for being excruciatingly slow. It took me about a year before I saw the funds that I was supposed to obtain, and we're going through another process at the moment which is probably going to take years.

Man, if I was you, I would ask your mother to take the printer back and get a refund. When you're in hard financial times, frivolous spending isn't conducive to anything but digging yourself deeper. Try and keep her from being stressed out man, she gave you life, and she loves you more than you could possibly imagine. Help her out any way you can. Christmas is bullshit anyway.

BBS Signature
Rawmin
Rawmin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 23:11:11 Reply

At 11/24/09 07:58 AM, Chronamut wrote: i am still up for a canada meetup though :)

drags rawmin down

LOL yea, i would probably come out, if it wasn't far

BBS Signature
Prodigal
Prodigal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-24 23:53:20 Reply

At 11/24/09 11:02 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 11/24/09 10:03 PM, Prodigal wrote: We've been expecting something BIG lately, a large amount of money from a court case we had won, but that was in August. It's been delayed for SO LONG and they still won't give us our fucking money.
Expect that to take a whole lot longer. The justice system is known for being excruciatingly slow. It took me about a year before I saw the funds that I was supposed to obtain, and we're going through another process at the moment which is probably going to take years.

Man, if I was you, I would ask your mother to take the printer back and get a refund. When you're in hard financial times, frivolous spending isn't conducive to anything but digging yourself deeper. Try and keep her from being stressed out man, she gave you life, and she loves you more than you could possibly imagine. Help her out any way you can. Christmas is bullshit anyway.

We're talking Canadian justice system here, probably identical.
She made the choice of actually going out and buying this printer. I see it that asking her to take this back would be a sign of disrespect. Like I don't want it. Right now, I'll keep whatever the hell anyone gives me.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-25 02:54:28 Reply

At 11/24/09 11:53 PM, Prodigal wrote: We're talking Canadian justice system here, probably identical.
She made the choice of actually going out and buying this printer. I see it that asking her to take this back would be a sign of disrespect. Like I don't want it. Right now, I'll keep whatever the hell anyone gives me.

What's more important? Respect? Or food on the table and clothes on your back?

Stop being a boy and start being a man. If I was you I'd have gotten onto getting a paper route or something. Just because you're 14, doesn't mean that you don't have responsibility.

BBS Signature
la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-25 07:01:13 Reply

At 11/25/09 02:54 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 11/24/09 11:53 PM, Prodigal wrote: We're talking Canadian justice system here, probably identical.
What's more important? Respect? Or food on the table and clothes on your back?

Stop being a boy and start being a man. If I was you I'd have gotten onto getting a paper route or something. Just because you're 14, doesn't mean that you don't have responsibility.

Yeah I'm going with this guy here. It's extremely thoughtful of her to give you a present in harsh times, and you have to thank her for it. But, it will show a lot more respect than you think if you told her that it would be best to take it back. It's all about how you say it. If you show you care, it won't matter. She'll be happy.

In the end, it's about what's best. Even if it's not the way you would've wanted it to go, it'll help.

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-25 09:15:31 Reply

Early Christmas present
I agree, it would probably be best to sell that printer again. I'm pretty sure your mother would understand that and respect you for it.

Also, my headset arrived and speech recognition works much better with it.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-25 09:54:57 Reply

I'd just like to point out to you Prodigal that I'm not trying to be mean, or make you feel bad. I just believe that you get out of life what you put into it.

And whilst a shiny new toy is always fun, we tend to forget just how much wonder there is in the world around us. Our minds are so sullied with the capabilities of fiber optics and microchips, that we often pass up the opportunity to step outside and bask in the glorious, life giving rays of the sun. Nature is fucking awesome, and there are many things out there in this vast world to keep you occupied and amused, assuming that you have patience and determination.

Also, you should try learning meditation.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-25 09:59:28 Reply

I know i've started getting out more- I'm surrounded by nature so its great to go out for a walk and stuff..

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-25 10:20:00 Reply

At 11/25/09 09:59 AM, Chronamut wrote: I know i've started getting out more- I'm surrounded by nature so its great to go out for a walk and stuff..

I always feel instantly better the second I step outside and go for a walk in the sun, amongst the trees and grass. It's a simple pleasure that is very easy to take for granted, but I've discovered a new appreciation for it :)

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-25 11:57:12 Reply

Since last time I was very rudely ignored (OH TEH NOEZ), I'll post my query again... Sorry if I'm being annoying, but that's just my nature...
--
Hey everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to submit my query, but I thought my question was a little too small to make a whole new thread about... Don't forget this is the first time I'm posting here, so if I break any lounge rules (I doubt there are any :P) then it was either deliberately since I like breaking rules or because I don't know about them... so anyway...

I'm thinking of making this contest, called the 'Audio Death Match'. Basically, it's a knockout competition between many audio artists. It starts with 32 participants (64 if it gets popular) and each artist is paired with another artist (chosen randomly) and they have to both make a song of any genre from the genre limitations posted in the thread (I won't be strict... just not allowed to do Voice Acting, Ska, Bluegrass, and those unpopular genres) and the winner moves on while the loser is out of the competition (unoriginal idea, yeah, but I'm surprised not to see it occasionally be organised by Tom or something). This competition keeps going until the final two battle it out. The winner gets a prize which I am yet to decide. As for judges, I already have one judge along with me, and there's a good chance I'll be able to find another. Deadline for signups would be when the limit of 32 (64 if the contest is popular) participants is reached, and the deadline to make a song would be 2 weeks, so in all the contest would take 10 or 12 weeks. Maybe for the last song, I'll give a deadline of 3 weeks instead of two. Invitations to take part will be sent to loads of random audio artists, too, and I'll invite all of the popular ones too (except ParagonX9 for very obvious reasons...).

Anyway, what do you all think. Will it work out, or is it just another unoriginal, overused, boring idea? I'd rather make the competition knowing that it has potential rather than making it to find out nobody cares, so if anyone here is willing to give out an opinion on my idea, it'd be much appreciated ^^.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-11-25 11:59:20 Reply

At 11/25/09 11:57 AM, Supersteph54 wrote: Since last time I was very rudely ignored (OH TEH NOEZ), I'll post my query again... Sorry if I'm being annoying, but that's just my nature...
--

Lolz, yeah, u are annoying XP

Hey everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to submit my query, but I thought my question was a little too small to make a whole new thread about... Don't forget this is the first time I'm posting here, so if I break any lounge rules (I doubt there are any :P) then it was either deliberately since I like breaking rules or because I don't know about them... so anyway...

:etc...

I like this idea ( i would seeing as i helped invent it XD) and id like to see if its accepted. COuld anyone reply?

Darklight17