Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,305,517 Views
  • 36,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Offgore
Offgore
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 10:17:17 Reply

At 8/19/09 09:25 PM, Erkie wrote: Bold titties

I don't say much to require bold titles.

Bold titles are for the weak. Muahahahaha!

loansindi
loansindi
  • Member since: Mar. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 10:28:41 Reply

Lighting Design

I absolutely love doing my entire hang and focus by myself.

...wait.

TMM43
TMM43
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 10:50:33 Reply

At 8/20/09 10:28 AM, loansindi wrote: Lighting Design

What's that?


..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Offgore
Offgore
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 11:00:08 Reply

At 8/20/09 10:50 AM, TMM43 wrote:
At 8/20/09 10:28 AM, loansindi wrote: Lighting Design
What's that?

I'm confused >.<

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 11:51:29 Reply

At 8/20/09 11:00 AM, Sealander wrote:
At 8/20/09 10:50 AM, TMM43 wrote:
At 8/20/09 10:28 AM, loansindi wrote: Lighting Design
What's that?
I'm confused >.<

Don't worry. The 'wait...' part gives away that he himself is too. ;)


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 11:54:02 Reply

Titles

I always use a title, unless I quote somebody. In that case the title would be the title in the quote. If that's lacking, then I leave it be.


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

DSMagnum
DSMagnum
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 14:50:39 Reply

This thread is starting to become a bit spammy again. Just thought I'd like to point that out. Don't want to get it locked again now do we?

Offgore
Offgore
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 15:23:12 Reply

Spammy AFL

At 8/20/09 02:50 PM, DSMagnum wrote: This thread is starting to become a bit spammy again. Just thought I'd like to point that out. Don't want to get it locked again now do we?

At least we are pretty much on the same subject when someone changes it. And if you are going to change the subject, use the bold titles ha ha.

Steak89
Steak89
  • Member since: Jun. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 21:39:07 Reply

Me Using Bold Text

I'm thinking about changing my name to something more... DJ-like. Something without numbers in it, that makes me look more "Audio" and less "General" if you know what I mean! What do you think would be a cool new name? I'm thinking:

-Squeak
-Stupor
-PinkNoise
-Altoid

Those are my four ideas. "Squeak" and "Stupor" are my two favorites. Tell me what you think I should be called, and don't be mean.


Userpage Webcomic
Some people choose an aura because it compliments their profile picture, you know.

BBS Signature
la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 21:54:02 Reply

At 8/20/09 09:39 PM, Steak89 wrote: Me Using Bold Text

I'm thinking about changing my name to something more... DJ-like. Something without numbers in it, that makes me look more "Audio" and less "General" if you know what I mean! What do you think would be a cool new name? I'm thinking:

-Squeak
-Stupor
-PinkNoise
-Altoid

Those are my four ideas. "Squeak" and "Stupor" are my two favorites. Tell me what you think I should be called, and don't be mean.

Meh, it's getting old to have a 'DJ nickname'. Everybody in the EDM industry uses their own name nowadays. Either that, or a good sounding nickname with NO DJ infront of it that really fits with the genre they're producing.


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:01:06 Reply

At night, when I'm bored...

Javascript sure is fun.

had to compress it together so I could post it.

The blaargh was actually on page when I hovered over zero, that's not an mspaint adition.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:04:35 Reply

lol dj.

Call yourself Dj DJ if that doesnt already exist cause its pretty easy.

Diskjockying is not a skill though, its just a sense of rythm wich honestly.. is the 'basics' of making music. No offence.

Why am i in this topic.. hmm.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

RenoakRhythm
RenoakRhythm
  • Member since: Sep. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:16:39 Reply

WISDOM TEETH

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning.... its kinda sucky.....kinda really sucky.

Anyone else go through this here? How'd go for ya?


Audio Surgery
I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:23:20 Reply

At 8/20/09 10:16 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: WISDOM TEETH

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning.... its kinda sucky.....kinda really sucky.

Anyone else go through this here? How'd go for ya?

It felt odd, but it also made me gain superpowers, such as the ability to talk and bleed on people, while you talk.

Its a pretty nice superpower.

I cant use it anymore though since my wisdom teeth pulling occured around five months ago.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

gregaaron89
gregaaron89
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:31:32 Reply

At 8/20/09 10:16 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote: WISDOM TEETH

I got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning.... its kinda sucky.....kinda really sucky.

Anyone else go through this here? How'd go for ya?

It made me high afterwards. Fun times...

RenoakRhythm
RenoakRhythm
  • Member since: Sep. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:33:25 Reply

Wisdom Teeth

:D the high part was cool... right before and right after... it was pretty funny.


Audio Surgery
I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Member since: Mar. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:36:03 Reply

Lighting Design

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lighting_de sign

RenoakRhythm
RenoakRhythm
  • Member since: Sep. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 22:41:44 Reply

It felt odd, but it also made me gain superpowers, such as the ability to talk and bleed on people, while you talk.

Its a pretty nice superpower.

I cant use it anymore though since my wisdom teeth pulling occured around five months ago.

LAWL.... thats the best thing ever.... i gain the power to not walk in a straight line, and making everyone laugh... well at least it seemed like all the doctors were laughing... or was it me?>??>


Audio Surgery
I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature
gregaaron89
gregaaron89
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 23:24:13 Reply

Wisdom Teeth

Mine wasn't just novicane and laughing gas, I was actually unconscious because it was legit surgery. But after I woke up the anaesthetic didn't fully wear off for a few hours. And I have barely any memory of those hours but I was FUCKED UP. It was awesome.

RenoakRhythm
RenoakRhythm
  • Member since: Sep. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 23:28:21 Reply

Mine wasn't just novicane and laughing gas, I was actually unconscious because it was legit surgery. But after I woke up the anaesthetic didn't fully wear off for a few hours. And I have barely any memory of those hours but I was FUCKED UP. It was awesome.

Cha... same here... i had laughing gas for 10 minutes before the surgery... then i got put out with the IV and shit.... the doctor was wearing gansta clothing or something... or maybe i was hallucinating...funny shiz..... ya man, i wish i had on film what i was like after... did u get any pics or footage?


Audio Surgery
I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 23:43:20 Reply

Laughing gas

I wish I knew a dodgy dentist who would sneak me a tank or two of nitrous :[

gregaaron89
gregaaron89
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-20 23:56:59 Reply

At 8/20/09 11:28 PM, RenoakRhythm wrote:
Cha... same here... i had laughing gas for 10 minutes before the surgery... then i got put out with the IV and shit.... the doctor was wearing gansta clothing or something... or maybe i was hallucinating...funny shiz..... ya man, i wish i had on film what i was like after... did u get any pics or footage?

Actually, the first thing I did when I got home is I made a video. I have absolutely no memory of doing it. I found it on the computer later and uploaded it to youtube for the lulz.

(this was 2 years ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipl6-_Mwq vI&feature=channel_page

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-21 00:08:10 Reply

At 8/20/09 11:56 PM, gregaaron89 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipl6-_Mwq vI&feature=channel_page

Awwwwwww yeah, someone's having a good time :D

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-21 00:52:30 Reply

At 8/20/09 10:04 PM, Calamaistr wrote: lol dj.

Call yourself Dj DJ if that doesnt already exist cause its pretty easy.

Diskjockying is not a skill though, its just a sense of rythm wich honestly.. is the 'basics' of making music. No offence.

What's a Disc jockey?

I figured everyone by now was on board the "Digital Jockey" train. Discs are for old dudes with ponytails lolol.

Also... what's a "rythm wich"?

IS IT A DELICIOUS SANDWICH MAED OF BEETS!?!

I'm feeling a bit lulzy. Disregard the bit about old dudes with ponytails. Vinyl is still some cool shit. Mad respect tbh.

Howevvvveerrr.. Really, the term disc jockey is outdated. Even people using vinyl decks for the most part nowadays are just running timecodes into Scratch Live, Traktor, Ableton Live, Torq, Virtual DJ, or some mess like that.

DJ


At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Erkie
Erkie
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-21 01:04:58 Reply

Digital Jockey.


Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-21 02:04:21 Reply

I need to get into this traktor scratch bullshit.

I'm sick of beatmatching. I know I can do it, and do it well. Now I'd rather waste my time finding songs that work together instead of standing there spinning the platter back and forth, mucking with the pitch slider trying to get them locked together :P

Steak89
Steak89
  • Member since: Jun. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-21 06:23:15 Reply

I wouldn't have DJ in front of the name, that would look stupid. But should I go with Squeak or Stupor?


Userpage Webcomic
Some people choose an aura because it compliments their profile picture, you know.

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-21 06:30:22 Reply

At 8/21/09 06:23 AM, Steak89 wrote: I wouldn't have DJ in front of the name, that would look stupid. But should I go with Squeak or Stupor?

I think you should go with just Steak :-)


BBS Signature
ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Member since: May. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-21 08:12:39 Reply

DJ Delicious?

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-08-21 08:33:41 Reply

At 8/21/09 12:52 AM, EchozAurora wrote:
At 8/20/09 10:04 PM, Calamaistr wrote: lol dj.

Call yourself Dj DJ if that doesnt already exist cause its pretty easy.

Diskjockying is not a skill though, its just a sense of rythm wich honestly.. is the 'basics' of making music. No offence.
What's a Disc jockey?

I figured everyone by now was on board the "Digital Jockey" train. Discs are for old dudes with ponytails lolol.
Also... what's a "rythm wich"?

IS IT A DELICIOUS SANDWICH MAED OF BEETS!?!

I'm feeling a bit lulzy. Disregard the bit about old dudes with ponytails. Vinyl is still some cool shit. Mad respect tbh.
Howevvvveerrr.. Really, the term disc jockey is outdated. Even people using vinyl decks for the most part nowadays are just running timecodes into Scratch Live, Traktor, Ableton Live, Torq, Virtual DJ, or some mess like that.

DJ

I dont care what the new generation makes up, new definitions etc.
But DJ means diskjockey and not digital jockey.

Also, the sentance didnt end it had two dots meaning a pause so i said 'wich honestly.. is the basis of making music' not 'rythm wich' :')

People who respect vynil have the balls of medieval trebuchet wich are very hard but miss alot.
You need to respect whats 'on the vynil, by not mixing it.

Ahwell, im not really into the scene, composing will always be superior to whizzy frizzy whiggying.. im sure everyone agrees.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)