00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YubaOfficial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,784,696 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 10:09:21

Computers

Is it just me or are there 3 different topics around this forum talking about computers one way or the other? One about bjra's monitors, one about wireless connections and one about broken connections. I won't even talk about the previous pages....

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 10:28:01

Computers

At 2/5/09 10:09 AM, blackattackbitch wrote: Is it just me or are there 3 different topics around this forum talking about computers one way or the other? One about bjra's monitors, one about wireless connections and one about broken connections. I won't even talk about the previous pages....

Well they do play a pretty big part in music production here, so it would only be logical.

I've got to stop saying "logical" so much

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 14:17:04

Voice Actors

Not backseat-modding, just wondering whether voice actors should either have their own section or be included in our section. I did notice that there was a surprising lack of voice-actors in the lounge.

Computers
You may be saying logic so much because that's all you use!!!

Seriously though, I wish I had logic studio....

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 17:02:11

Missing News Post Comments

So my newspost had eight comments the other day, now I only have three. Two were by diminitive, so I can deduce what happened with those. There's also the chance the other people deleted their posts, but are there any other reasons as towards why posts would go missing? Has anyone else ran into this?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 17:56:11

Missing News Post Comments

Yeah, 1 of mine disappeared and I can't remember who or what one it was and it definately wasn't one of Diminitive's. Maybe someone else got deleted...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 18:16:58

Just me - checking in for my occasional post to say "hi there"

Hi there!

I owe you guys an apology. Well, not really - but I feel a little bad so I'll offer one anyway.
I haven't been able to spend much time at all on NG for quite a while now. I imagine that a few people might have noticed the absence of cynical, bitchy posts on my part and I'm going to try to weasel my way back into the think of things over the coming weeks/months.

All I can say is that life has a way of keeping you extremely busy from time to time and occasionally ball or two gets dropped along the way.
Well, NewGrounds has been that ball for me but I see it there on the floor and I intend to pick it back up and put it back into play.

So there. Oh yeah, and a few weeks back I had the most incredibly explosive case of food poisoning that you might imagine. I'm telling you, it was legendary. Imagine an industrial strength vomit fountain armed with a bandolier of double barrel chocolate butt-shot. This went on for several days.

I know what you're all thinking - "LJ, you sexy motherfucker!" Yes, I know... I know... I'm certain that you all want me so badly right now and I really can't blame you - the visuals are too powerful for mortals to resist.

I'm also working on a few new chunks of noise and I'll probably get something posted up in a week or so.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 18:35:10

Ljcoffee

Who is this guy? None of us here know him. Sure there USED to be an Ljcoffee around here, but he ditched us long ago. *sigh*

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 18:35:34

At 2/5/09 06:16 PM, LJCoffee wrote: I'm also working on a few new chunks of noise and I'll probably get something posted up in a week or so.

LJ you sexy motherfucker! especially that part about the choklit rain

get back here fast plz, not the same without your incessant whining

a

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 18:37:00

At 2/5/09 05:56 PM, xKore wrote: Missing News Post Comments

Yeah, 1 of mine disappeared and I can't remember who or what one it was and it definately wasn't one of Diminitive's. Maybe someone else got deleted...

Missing news post

bass-score I think. All their posts dissappeared from my wall.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 18:55:08

At 2/5/09 06:37 PM, Envy wrote: Missing news post

thats like 50% of ur fans though. :c

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 19:00:18

Missing News Posts

At 2/5/09 06:37 PM, Envy wrote:

Yeah, he was the other guy who's posts disappeared.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 19:29:39

Audition

In other news, I have my FSU college of music audition on saturday, and Im quite nervous...could someone please hold me?

Lemonsourkid made me somefin

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 20:09:37

At 2/5/09 06:16 PM, LJCoffee wrote: So there. Oh yeah, and a few weeks back I had the most incredibly explosive case of food poisoning that you might imagine. I'm telling you, it was legendary. Imagine an industrial strength vomit fountain armed with a bandolier of double barrel chocolate butt-shot. This went on for several days.

It's called LSPDS

Liquid-shit puke death storm

I discovered it a few months agoo.. very much to my dismay.

Pulled the good ol' shit in the toilet whilst puking in the shower routine.. no fun. Then I felt like I was going to die.. attempted to go to bed.. then had to do the pukeshit thing again.. and finally passed out naked on the bathroom floor.

Hardcore.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 20:45:01

At 2/5/09 08:09 PM, EchozAurora wrote: It's called LSPDS...Hardcore.

heh, we're bonding. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 21:02:20

Lucky Star

i wonder if people watched a lot of anime =P

"Revenge is a kind of wild justice..." - Sir Francis Bacon

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 21:06:01

Bonding

Sharing stories about explosive shitpukin.

lolz

On that subject.. I got my car back finally tonight.. so first thing in the morning I have to go to the insurance company.. followed by an inspection.. and get the tags renewed...

Then I drive down to Arkansas to meet up with SolusLunes and make an epic trip to Texas for a crazy field rave. Yay.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 21:14:11

Bonding

You should drug people in the party and get lucky if you know what I mean.

"Revenge is a kind of wild justice..." - Sir Francis Bacon

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 22:23:16

I FEEL YOU LJ

ONCE I WENT TO THIS BAR CALLED BIG NOSE KATES..srry caps.. me and my band got a bunch of 10 cent wings.. drank a lil bit and i went home/... about 4 hours later i have a terrible fever and then the horrible shit storm came.... First i vomited all the way through the kitchen into the bathroom... I proceeded to lose 37 pounds of intestinal stuff to the bowl and everything above that to the projectile vomiting in the sionk.

after the storm went away i found myself with a terrible 104 fever.. it got so bad at onew point that i asked my dog to get me a glass of cranberry juice and i was acctually pissed when she didnt return with it.. i lived alone at the time and could have died.. i called out of work for 2 days and quivered in my house and ordered chinese... at one point on the first night i fell asleep inside the fridge and somehow my brain moved my body and made it drink juice.. i dont remeber doing this..

technincally i could have died if some sort of self p[reserving mechanism had not gone off in my mind and made me drink liquids.. i was so dehydrated and hot with fever i really think back to it and believe i could have died from dehydration and fever...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 22:27:05

Missing posts

At 2/5/09 06:37 PM, Envy wrote:
At 2/5/09 05:56 PM, xKore wrote: Missing News Post Comments

Missing news post

bass-score got deleted?! what's up with that? So THAT'S why my fan count went -1

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 22:31:45

At 2/5/09 06:16 PM, LJCoffee wrote: So there. Oh yeah, and a few weeks back I had the most incredibly explosive case of food poisoning that you might imagine. I'm telling you, it was legendary. Imagine an industrial strength vomit fountain armed with a bandolier of double barrel chocolate butt-shot. This went on for several days.

Hmm, sounds similar to what I had several weeks back. Was it coupled with nausea, lightheadedness and feeling achy pretty much all around your body? I know the chances of us having the same thing are very slim, but this virus was going around my area for a while.

I caught it after getting blazed with someone who had just gotten over it. And I passed it onto 2 people from there.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 23:25:16

Robot Prostitution.
How about them Robo~hoes?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 23:38:41

Robot Prostitution

At 2/5/09 11:25 PM, loogiesquared wrote: How about them Robo~hoes?

You just reminded me of a good question:

If you rape a prostitute, does it count as rape or theft?

Answer quick, I'm due in court tomorrow......

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 23:53:02

At 2/5/09 11:38 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Robot Prostitution

At 2/5/09 11:25 PM, loogiesquared wrote: How about them Robo~hoes?
You just reminded me of a good question:

If you rape a prostitute, does it count as rape or theft?

Answer quick, I'm due in court tomorrow......

Depends, is she under-age? If so then it's rape and it's automatically theft because you're taking away from them what they are selling xD

I don't need a signature. Yep, I'm that epic.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-05 23:59:38

At 2/5/09 09:06 PM, EchozAurora wrote: Bonding...Then I ...meet up with SolusLunes and make an epic trip to Texas for a crazy field rave. Yay.

Swing by Tampa and pick me up. ;)
Is it going to be one of those typical drug fueled slut-fests?
I wouldn't know anything about any of that though - it sounds illegal and immoral and you'll probably all go to hell for it. I stay away from those types of events and substances. I would never intentionally ingest empathogenic dopamine and serotonin agonists for recreational purposes. I also wouldn't know that you really should preload with a few hundred milligrams of 5-HTP, a big-ass B-6 and an attack dose of vitamin C several hours prior and then another half a gram/B-6 combo after the whole ordeal is over to help replenish serotonin (to lessen any crash that may come). Further, I would definitely NOT know anything about recommending tyrosine and phenylalanine in addition to the B-6 and Vitamin C to help with dopamine production as well. And finally, I wouldn't know anything at all about how if you include the T,P,B,C combo as part of your preload then you'll probably be set up to flood things with plenty of dopamine which will most likely end up binding to serotonin receptors along the way causing a crazy intense and special kind of euphoria at the cost of frying that particular receptor.
Just try to keep your hands out of Solus's pants...

At 2/5/09 10:23 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: i lived alone at the time and could have died.. i called out of work for 2 days and quivered in my house and ordered chinese...

Well, I don't live alone so I had more support but it wore me out. Bad enough to where I couldn't get any sleep for a few days. Drank several gallons of Gatorade which ended up causing more problems than anything else. It's good enough for quick replenishment and hydration if your physically active but apparently, if you drink too much of it and nothing else, the sugars and salts can irritate your system and it ends up having a strong laxative effect. o_O

At 2/5/09 10:31 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Was it coupled with nausea, lightheadedness and feeling achy pretty much all around your body?...this virus was going around my area for a while.

Not much of a fever and no aching (until later). Just a lot of fluid purging. Until there were no fluids left - then came several hours of dry heaving and cramping followed by drinking as many liquids as I could stomach. Rinse, and repeat. Terrible cycle to get caught in.
Once the whole ordeal was over my entire body was sore to the point where breathing hurt because of the strain on the thoracic diaphragm. Felt like I got my ass kicked after running a marathon - and I mean that ass-kicking comment quite literally.
BTW - nice to meet you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-06 00:29:44

At 2/5/09 11:59 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
At 2/5/09 09:06 PM, EchozAurora wrote: Bonding...Then I ...meet up with SolusLunes and make an epic trip to Texas for a crazy field rave. Yay.
Swing by Tampa and pick me up. ;)
I wouldn't know anything about any of that though - it sounds illegal and immoral and you'll probably all go to hell for it. I stay away from those types of events and substances. I would never intentionally ingest empathogenic dopamine and serotonin agonists for recreational purposes. I also wouldn't know that you really should preload with a few hundred milligrams of 5-HTP, a big-ass B-6 and an attack dose of vitamin C several hours prior and then another half a gram/B-6 combo after the whole ordeal is over to help replenish serotonin (to lessen any crash that may come). Further, I would definitely NOT know anything about recommending tyrosine and phenylalanine in addition to the B-6 and Vitamin C to help with dopamine production as well. And finally, I wouldn't know anything at all about how if you include the T,P,B,C combo as part of your preload then you'll probably be set up to flood things with plenty of dopamine which will most likely end up binding to serotonin receptors along the way causing a crazy intense and special kind of euphoria at the cost of frying that particular receptor.

ROFL!!!!!

At 2/5/09 10:23 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: i lived alone at the time and could have died.. i called out of work for 2 days and quivered in my house and ordered chinese...

You should have known not to eat chinese when you're sick. That's like the worst thing you can do. All I ate for 2 days after getting sick was various versions of chicken noodle soup.

And now I can't stand that shit....
At 2/5/09 10:31 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Was it coupled with nausea, lightheadedness and feeling achy pretty much all around your body?...this virus was going around my area for a while.
Not much of a fever and no aching (until later). Just a lot of fluid purging. Until there were no fluids left - then came several hours of dry heaving and cramping followed by drinking as many liquids as I could stomach. Rinse, and repeat. Terrible cycle to get caught in.
Once the whole ordeal was over my entire body was sore to the point where breathing hurt because of the strain on the thoracic diaphragm. Felt like I got my ass kicked after running a marathon - and I mean that ass-kicking comment quite literally.
BTW - nice to meet you.

Man, you think that's bad? Well that's cool cuz it's worse than mine lol.
Anyways, I didn't have much on the throwing up part, although when I did, it was monstrous. All I had to eat that day was absolutely nuthin, so my stomach was filled with water. Problem was, it was too full. After another drink of water, I went in my room and tried to sit down, but it felt like my whole stomach was about to rush out of my body. So I grab my trashcan and wait, tryna keep it down. Of course, I can't, so what happens is ALL THE WATER I HAD DRANK THAT DAY RUSHES OUT OF MY MOUTH. Along with bits of food of course. I swear it traveled 3 feet, it was that bad. Almost ruined my laptop, it was so bad. Now the screen doesn't work though, although it's needed replacing for a while now.

Other than that, just lots of watery shitting, lightheadedness, dizziness, and aches all over my body. Pretty much just laid in bed that whole day.

Oh and nice to meet you too.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-06 00:39:45

It's incredible, the things you don't learn from LJ

a

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-06 00:54:44

Sickness

I've been sick since last weekend. I lost my voice, have a terrible cough, and my nose is clogging faster then I can keep it somewhat clear. It's distracting me from concentrating and coming up with some clever musical ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-06 00:55:19

PRESSURE WASHER FED BY COCO CANNON

I AGREE.. the most physical pain and delerium was worse than any superflu or Captn. Trips,,,,,
No human being should ever feel like that with a chihuahua in the house.

Its kinda like the oxyclean bowl blaster, but like THIS

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-06 01:37:51

At 2/5/09 11:59 PM, LJCoffee wrote: Swing by Tampa and pick me up. ;)
I wouldn't know anything about any of that though - it sounds illegal and immoral and you'll probably all go to hell for it

Thanks for the.. "advice" but.. I've always been a fan of more intense things that don't have that physical kickback you get with the substance you refer to. ;P

And Tampa, eh? Well.. that'd be a bit out of the way this time.. but I'm actually in Bradenton at least a couple times a year for a month or so. (Mom and a bunch of family there) Nice place though. Lot freakin better than Missouri. >=[

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-02-06 01:42:31

im thinking that maybe a camp bisco meetup should be implemented sometime this summer.
three days of music and camping.
Any takers?