Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-03-30 19:28:59 Reply

Still just kinda moving along and just doing maybe 20-30 minutes of whatever in Audition & FL during the weekdays.
Must say though, grabbed AutoDesk Mudbox and I've been messing around in it for a few hours just learning how to use the program for the first time ever. I might do some more stuff maybe haha.

The Audio Forum Lounge

|| Electro-Industrial Musician || Power Fry Vocalist || RIP 3500-Posts || Signing Up To Mail Lists So You Don't Have To ||

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-03-31 21:37:01 Reply

At 3/30/17 07:28 PM, Lich wrote: Must say though, grabbed AutoDesk Mudbox and I've been messing around in it for a few hours just learning how to use the program for the first time ever. I might do some more stuff maybe haha.

Looks good! Reminds me of a daedric prince from The Elder Scrolls.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-01 00:20:33 (edited 2017-04-01 00:20:49) Reply

At 3/31/17 09:37 PM, Rig wrote:
At 3/30/17 07:28 PM, Lich wrote: Must say though, grabbed AutoDesk Mudbox and I've been messing around in it for a few hours just learning how to use the program for the first time ever. I might do some more stuff maybe haha.
Looks good! Reminds me of a daedric prince from The Elder Scrolls.

YOU DON'T JUST RANDOMLY POP IN HERE WITHOUT SAYING HI YOU HEATHEN!

ohai rig :D

lel

BBS Signature
Aterum
Aterum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-02 15:19:12 Reply

At 3/30/17 03:31 AM, Mich wrote:
At 3/29/17 11:16 PM, Aterum wrote: Anyone else ever had an FL glitch where the pencil tool will only paste pattern 1 into the playlist and nothing else and no matter what you select it always defaults to 1, its driving me crazy.
Try selecting the "paint" tool - then when you click and drag in the playlist it will keep adding the pattern / clip whenever you reach a point where there's room.

Hey Mich long time, the problem wasn't that i was trying to unable to quickly repeat the pattern horizontally it was that even after selecting a different pattern to insert into the playlist like 2, 3 or anything else through the pattern selector and or clicking on the pattern on the playlist to add another it would only insert pattern 1. So say i had a hi hat pattern on 15 on the playlist and i click on it to register it on the pencil tool to add it again right next to itself when i clicked it would only insert pattern 1 again.

I did find a workaround by clicking the menu on the pattern block and changing the source pattern but it was the only method out of 3 i know that worked

The Audio Forum Lounge

Yes I'm krssvr, what? you don't remember me? You will pay for your Insolence.

NGAP Podcast | Instaud.io

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-03 11:42:18 Reply

At 4/1/17 12:20 AM, Sequenced wrote: YOU DON'T JUST RANDOMLY POP IN HERE WITHOUT SAYING HI YOU HEATHEN!

Sup man! That awesome NG history video brought me back. I missed you guys :3

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-04 07:47:42 Reply

At 4/3/17 11:42 AM, Rig wrote:
At 4/1/17 12:20 AM, Sequenced wrote: YOU DON'T JUST RANDOMLY POP IN HERE WITHOUT SAYING HI YOU HEATHEN!

Sup man! That awesome NG history video brought me back. I missed you guys :3

<3

It was really well done, the narrator had a great voice too. Still have that 45 minute NG video from january on hold to watch.

pretty sure i still have that epic selfie of us somewhere on the interwebs..

lel

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-06 10:57:12 (edited 2017-04-06 10:58:54) Reply

maybe we need a new R4R thread for short reviews?

it's hard to make in depth critiques when a) you're new to making music and you don't really know where to start with crits or b) the next song in the queue is really bad and you don't really know where to start with crits

paging @mich @troisnyx (and also @1finity since you probably care about R4R thread more than anyone else atm :v)

p.s. i am gay

EDM364
EDM364
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-06 15:47:27 Reply

At 4/6/17 10:57 AM, midimachine wrote: maybe we need a new R4R thread for short reviews?

it's hard to make in depth critiques when a) you're new to making music and you don't really know where to start with crits or b) the next song in the queue is really bad and you don't really know where to start with crits

I really just don't usually have anything I want reviewed by R4R sometimes, so I don't post. I'd post more if you weren't basically required to leave a review on a track you didn't necessarily like but rather just pick one track you like by the previous poster and leave a review -- a sort of check-my-catalog, I check yours, thing.

I've also considered a share-for-share thread. Say, you post a track you'd like shared and a screenshot/link to where you shared something of the previous poster. After all, it's hard to get big on social media sites like Twitter, FB, Instagram (NG is more forgiving) without daily content, and chances are unless you're Lex Luger, you can't make a banger in 15 minutes every day or so. Doing promotions is a must.

The simplest solution is either right, or dumb af.
AP Flag HowTo - VSTs! - Sig by LexaHergon

BBS Signature
iamwontolla
iamwontolla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-06 17:05:31 (edited 2017-04-06 17:07:25) Reply

At 4/6/17 03:47 PM, EDM364 wrote:
At 4/6/17 10:57 AM, midimachine wrote: maybe we need a new R4R thread for short reviews?

I really just don't usually have anything I want reviewed by R4R sometimes, so I don't post. I'd post more if you weren't basically required to leave a review on a track you didn't necessarily like but rather just pick one track you like by the previous poster and leave a review -- a sort of check-my-catalog, I check yours, thing.

I've also considered a share-for-share thread. Say, you post a track you'd like shared and a screenshot/link to where you shared something of the previous poster. After all, it's hard to get big on social media sites like Twitter, FB, Instagram (NG is more forgiving) without daily content, and chances are unless you're Lex Luger, you can't make a banger in 15 minutes every day or so. Doing promotions is a must.

The catalog-for-catalog idea would give everyone a little more exposure overall, too, or even expose patterns in the way they're producing (which makes better feedback than just looking at one song). The biggest downside I can see is if they really want another set of ears on that particular song, in which case, maybe let them opt out of it? Like, let people choose any of the previous poster's songs by default, unless they say so?

also hi I'm kind of newish here

EDM364
EDM364
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-06 18:08:13 Reply

At 4/6/17 05:05 PM, iamwontolla wrote: The catalog-for-catalog idea would give everyone a little more exposure overall, too, or even expose patterns in the way they're producing (which makes better feedback than just looking at one song). The biggest downside I can see is if they really want another set of ears on that particular song, in which case, maybe let them opt out of it? Like, let people choose any of the previous poster's songs by default, unless they say so?

Well, there's a R4R thread specifically for that. "Leave a Review for the User Above You" or "Share-for-Share Thread" sounds good to me. @Mich, @Exedor, thoughts?

also hi I'm kind of newish here

Eh, dw about that crap. The oldfags thread is somewhere around here for us old fags when we get cantankerous. Welcome!

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-06 21:13:15 Reply

At 4/6/17 03:47 PM, EDM364 wrote: I really just don't usually have anything I want reviewed by R4R sometimes, so I don't post. I'd post more if you weren't basically required to leave a review on a track you didn't necessarily like but rather just pick one track you like by the previous poster and leave a review -- a sort of check-my-catalog, I check yours, thing.

i mean, if you're reviewing people and don't really want anything in return then you probably don't need to post anyway.
i like the idea of allowing people to review anything by the person above them BUT it's kinda shitty for people who have a particular song they want feedback on, and could disincentivize thread participation somewhat. but who knows!

chances are unless you're Lex Luger, you can't make a banger in 15 minutes every day or so.

pfft i got this dw!

p.s. i am gay

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-07 04:13:12 Reply

Reviving the old bold titles in the lounge thing in lieu of giant quote chain:

Review for review

@midimachine I agree that it's less than ideal for newbies to use the R4R thread and such, but doubt an additional thread for less-in-depth feedback would be helpful. I think if anything, it would just make stuff arbitrary and vague because everyone has a different idea of what an "in depth" review is.

I was going to mention the "review request club", but it appears that it's gone pretty inactive. I see recent posts there but don't see reviews from the club on content posted there.

Reviewing anything in one's catalog is nice too, but the issue with that was already mentioned (what if the person requesting a review specifically wants feedback on the new track?). I do like @iwontella's suggestion to specifically request a review on the posted song vs anything in one's catalog.

The opening post of the R4R already points out that you can link any song, even not your own if you want it reviewed. This way you can still use the review for review thread to review stuff even if you don't have anything of your own you want reviewed. I think that's a pretty interesting clause. :)

Anyway, 4 paragraphs later, I don't really have an answer either, let's keep talking.

Share 4 share thread idea

Call me cynical but I don't see that one work well. Personally I only like to share other people's work on my social media channels if I actually enjoyed it thoroughly, it's a big endorsement. I would not want to spam my friends/followers with links to stuff I don't even necessarily like, as I'd feel like I'm wasting everyone's time.

That and, people could easily share, take a screenshot, post the screenshot, and then remove the sharing post. I think it'd be too easy to game.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-08 12:50:51 Reply

At 4/4/17 07:47 AM, Sequenced wrote: Still have that 45 minute NG video from january on hold to watch.

got a link to that?

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-08 16:37:33 Reply

So I was at my local luthier's shop earlier and he had this hollow body electric six string up on a shelf, but I immediately noticed he had it strung with 2 bass strings where the 5th (A) and 6th (E) string should be. He said it was for a guy who plays jazz with it just like that. I've only ever heard of a guy putting one bass string where his E should be in an experimental band and I had to see what this was like, so off to Youtube I went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hh9eQDLTWg

Pretty interesting.

Click my sig for three free lounge/downtempo EPs
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-08 19:08:49 Reply

At 4/8/17 12:50 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 4/4/17 07:47 AM, Sequenced wrote: Still have that 45 minute NG video from january on hold to watch.
got a link to that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtrpnELO1BQ

lel

BBS Signature
TheAudioGuy
TheAudioGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-10 00:30:46 Reply

so my friend just went fucking viral with a fl studio tutorial wtf

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4AKh5pA4_EHEx8jr0yXV8A

The Audio Forum Lounge

B16
B16
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-14 10:20:48 Reply

At 4/10/17 12:30 AM, TheAudioGuy wrote: so my friend just went fucking viral with a fl studio tutorial wtf

That made my day.

EoD696
EoD696
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-15 22:06:58 Reply

At 4/10/17 12:30 AM, TheAudioGuy wrote: so my friend just went fucking viral with a fl studio tutorial wtf

hilarious, i dig it.

Show some love.
The latest from EoD

DISCLAIMER: I can be a dick sometimes. Just call me on it - say "EoD, you're being a dick right now" and I will try to curb my enthusiasm.

BBS Signature
SnowTeddy
SnowTeddy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-15 22:34:01 Reply

reddit indeed has lots of weird shit.

I have no one style.
- Oscar Peterson

EoD696
EoD696
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-15 23:40:37 Reply

You know what it reminds me of? Rig's cardboard samples

• Rig - Am I Cool Yet?
    Rig - Am I Cool Yet? by Rig

I USED THE AMEN BREAK AM I COOL YET GUISE

Score
    4.23 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Drum N Bass
    Popularity

Show some love.
The latest from EoD

DISCLAIMER: I can be a dick sometimes. Just call me on it - say "EoD, you're being a dick right now" and I will try to curb my enthusiasm.

BBS Signature
SnowTeddy
SnowTeddy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-25 22:03:11 Reply

That moment when you realized you just typed chkdsk /f on your precious drive containing all your music production tools and projects.

Never ever make decisions while you are drunk.

I have no one style.
- Oscar Peterson

Daydream-Anatomy
Daydream-Anatomy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-04-27 12:40:33 Reply

I made my latest original album free on bandcamp, since no one has paid for it in months on bandcamp. (well you can pay what you want, but for free just type zero, no email required.)

https://daydreamanatomy.bandcamp.com/album/clockwork-calamity

garlagan
garlagan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-08 18:38:13 Reply

just spent a more than fair amount of time customising a spotify embed code only to get this after hitting submit
y

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
EDM364
EDM364
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-08 18:54:18 Reply

At 5/8/17 06:38 PM, garlagan wrote: just spent a more than fair amount of time customising a spotify embed code only to get this after hitting submit
y

Try contacting @TomFulp about it? I wanted to embed stuff from Xbox.com and that got fixed. There's hope!

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-09 08:32:07 Reply

At 5/8/17 06:38 PM, garlagan wrote: just spent a more than fair amount of time customising a spotify embed code only to get this after hitting submit
y

Can you try again now? I added spotify to our whitelist.

Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-09 16:07:18 Reply

Feeling an intense amount of schadenfreude.

garlagan
garlagan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-09 18:09:35 Reply

At 5/8/17 06:54 PM, EDM364 wrote: Try contacting @TomFulp about it? I wanted to embed stuff from Xbox.com and that got fixed. There's hope!

thank you so much!

At 5/9/17 08:32 AM, TomFulp wrote: Can you try again now? I added spotify to our whitelist.

thanks Tom, it works now!

At 5/9/17 04:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Feeling an intense amount of schadenfreude.

Troisnyx pls

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-05-09 19:17:14 Reply

At 5/9/17 06:09 PM, garlagan wrote:
At 5/9/17 04:07 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Feeling an intense amount of schadenfreude.
Troisnyx pls

I wasn't referring to or directing it at you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.