New Topic Respond to this Topic
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 07:32:07 Reply

At 1/23/15 09:15 PM, DJ-Howwl wrote: Anybody a pianist here? Cause I hope I'm not the only one with short fingers and can only reach 9 keys XD
I wish I had long ass fingers, then doing octaves would be soooooo easy. ;-; FWP

Join the club.

@BlazingDragon I am insanely jealous. I've been going to piano lessons for around eight years now, and the one thing that constantly holds me back is how short my fingers are. I can just barely reach a major 9th, and they have to be both white notes or both black notes... black to a white (or vice versa) is too much of a stretch.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 09:09:32 Reply

Piano

Never had lessons, even though I'm sure it's a big pro for composers and producers. Whenever I use my MIDI keyboard I regret ever taking some lessons. :(

Also, one more week till I turn 21, I feel so damn old. But yesterday while gigging a 27-year-old lady approached me and said even at her age she still experienced new things everyday which made her feel young again. So I guess it's not so bad. (She was terribly drunk btw)

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SC || YT || FB
Shoot me a PM for constructive reviews, collaborations, commissions or anything else!

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 11:09:00 Reply

At 1/24/15 07:32 AM, Step wrote:
At 1/23/15 09:15 PM, DJ-Howwl wrote: Anybody a pianist here? Cause I hope I'm not the only one with short fingers and can only reach 9 keys XD
I wish I had long ass fingers, then doing octaves would be soooooo easy. ;-; FWP
Join the club.

@BlazingDragon I am insanely jealous. I've been going to piano lessons for around eight years now, and the one thing that constantly holds me back is how short my fingers are. I can just barely reach a major 9th, and they have to be both white notes or both black notes... black to a white (or vice versa) is too much of a stretch.

I've got moderate length fingers and I can cover from C to E (obviously an octave up) without having to actually stretch.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 11:19:00 Reply

At 1/24/15 11:09 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 1/24/15 07:32 AM, Step wrote:
Join the club.

I've got moderate length fingers and I can cover from C to E (obviously an octave up) without having to actually stretch.

Well, this is me playing the piano and if it's not clear from the video, those fingers are short as hell.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 11:31:00 Reply

At 1/24/15 11:19 AM, Step wrote:
At 1/24/15 11:09 AM, Braiton wrote: I've got moderate length fingers and I can cover from C to E (obviously an octave up) without having to actually stretch.
Well, this is me playing the piano and if it's not clear from the video, those fingers are short as hell.

They don't actually look much shorter than mine though :o

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 12:13:56 Reply

You guys and your freakishly big hands.

Mine are the epitome of tiny. From my little finger to thumb fully stretched out I can only JUST hit a full octave. Yes, I can only reach 8 keys.

The only way I can make up for it is that I can play really twitchy & quick rifts without issue ;(

The Audio Forum Lounge

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 15:25:40 Reply

At 1/24/15 12:13 PM, Lich wrote: You guys and your freakishly big hands.

Mine are the epitome of tiny. From my little finger to thumb fully stretched out I can only JUST hit a full octave. Yes, I can only reach 8 keys.

The only way I can make up for it is that I can play really twitchy & quick rifts without issue ;(

Here's me stretching as much as I can for a major 9th. Meanwhile I have piano examination pieces that I'm required to play which have major 10th intervals in some of their chords.

Oh well, at least I have an awesome smartwatch
/shameless

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 16:39:03 Reply

Jeeeee wiz guys, watch out for the wrath of the Level 2 musician!
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1379244/2

BBS Signature
Darkmetroidomega
Darkmetroidomega
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 16:58:38 Reply

At 1/24/15 04:39 PM, Lich wrote: Jeeeee wiz guys, watch out for the wrath of the Level 2 musician!

Yeah, no thanks. Some things aren't worth the [wasted] effort.

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 16:58:46 Reply

At 1/24/15 04:39 PM, Lich wrote: Jeeeee wiz guys, watch out for the wrath of the Level 2 musician!

Yo better be nice to him lel, his arguments are two levels ahead than yours xD

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 16:59:54 Reply

At 1/24/15 04:58 PM, Deshiel wrote:
Yo better be nice to him lel, his arguments are two levels ahead than yours xD

I'ma shaking in my boots. How can I handle surviving such power?

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 17:06:26 Reply

At 1/24/15 04:59 PM, Lich wrote:

You need to train your body and soul! GO RATE SOME MOVIES!

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 17:07:16 Reply

At 1/24/15 05:06 PM, Deshiel wrote:

b-b-but I like my Lollipop icon.
It's the most delicious one out of them all.

BBS Signature
DJ-Howwl
DJ-Howwl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 18:17:27 Reply

At 1/24/15 05:07 PM, Lich wrote:
At 1/24/15 05:06 PM, Deshiel wrote:

b-b-but I like my Lollipop icon.
It's the most delicious one out of them all.

LOLIPOP POWERRR, THEY WILL REGRET UNDERESTIMATING THE LOLIPOP!

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-24 18:44:43 Reply

Usually when I don't have any inspiration to make music I dive into a synth and make up some patches from scratch to use for the future. Usually my synth of choice for this is Gladiator2 but I'm doing abit of a change tonight.

This time I've been starting tonight on making some patches for Omnisphere. The catch is with this pack I'm limiting myself to the Basic Waveforms and Hardsynth Soundsources (i.e. Prophet, Moog & Virus Basic Sources). When you use Omnisphere and treat it like a full softsynth instead of a Soundsource mashup machine, it really makes some of the nicest sounds out there. Do not underestimate the power of the Omni!

I'll probably make around 10 more and upload a sound reel of some of these patches made & used individually. I have thought of a few times making like 100+ Patches fer softsynth of choice and just selling them for commercial use to others. It's truthfully some of the most fun and rewarding experiences making a really damn awesome patch to use later on!

also I love naming this shit

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-25 14:22:47 Reply

Unknown Song

Hey, random question. Can anyone tell me the name of the song that plays for the first couple of seconds in this video?

It only lasts for like three seconds but it sounds so familiar and I can't put my finger on it. It might be a song from a game, or movie/series, or from the Audio Portal... I don't know. If anyone knows the name of the song or where it came from, please tell me and put my mind at rest.

Thanks!

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-26 04:55:45 (edited 2015-01-26 04:56:11) Reply

Hands

I'm okay with my hands. Now if only I had the patience to learn to play the piano...

Also that's my late grandfathers fancy mechanical watch
Which doesn't even use electricity

EDIT: I accidentally the photo

The Audio Forum Lounge