Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-16 12:49:35 Reply

At 11/9/14 03:31 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 11/9/14 12:01 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Children are a blessing.

I'm doing a Christmas song with my wife this year. We were supposed to last year, but never got around to it.
I am not really sure if you are talking about a song, literally a song. If it's a song, I can offer to put some trumpets if you need.
...If that was a metaphorical way to say "we're making also a baby", then my proposal to put a trumpet on it is just plain wrong...

No, it's literally a song. I planned to do O Little Town Of Bethlehem. Somehow I flowed into working on God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. I might not need a trumpet, because of the style it's looking like it might be, but if you need a saz player, I get internet every Sunday.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-16 23:33:43 Reply

My week just keeps getting better.

I have never once been written up at my work in the 3 years I've been there. Today I was given a final written warning for simply HOLDING an ecig in my hands inside the building (not using it, just having it out). They told me the next time I was seen with it, I'd be fired.

This is some bullshiiiiiiiiiit. Time to start looking for another job.

FaeryTaleAdventurer
FaeryTaleAdventurer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-17 02:43:44 Reply

At 11/16/14 09:52 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
@FaeryTaleAdventurer sorry we're tearing your article apart, it's still really relevant and would probably come in very handy for people that can't decide which DAW to use. ;)

Hey, it's nothin', Liquid. And yes, perhaps this can answer visiting/new NG musicians' questions about DAWs to get.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-17 11:49:00 Reply

Trying to convince a friend that you can't possibly convert a ripped-from-Youtube 128 kbps mp3 to a 320 kbps mp3 file -.-'

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-19 07:42:39 Reply

Guys how can I check out this new 'follow individual thread' thingy if nobody says anythiing? D:

The Audio Forum Lounge

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-19 09:59:53 Reply

At 11/17/14 11:49 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Trying to convince a friend that you can't possibly convert a ripped-from-Youtube 128 kbps mp3 to a 320 kbps mp3 file -.-'

technically you can, but you won't get any quality back

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-19 13:50:25 Reply

At 11/19/14 09:59 AM, SineRider wrote:
At 11/17/14 11:49 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Trying to convince a friend that you can't possibly convert a ripped-from-Youtube 128 kbps mp3 to a 320 kbps mp3 file -.-'
technically you can, but you won't get any quality back

That's exactly what I wanted to clarify to him. He kept saying 'yeah but in the properties it says that it's 320 kbps now so it sounds much better!' 'No...'

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-19 15:07:32 Reply

going to have a couple tracks play at a club in nyc

yay

lel

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-20 01:23:00 Reply

At 11/19/14 03:07 PM, Sequenced wrote: going to have a couple tracks play at a club in nyc

Gratz yo. Lvl up!

At 11/19/14 01:50 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Trying to convince a friend that you can't possibly convert a ripped-from-Youtube 128 kbps mp3 to a 320 kbps mp3 file -.-'

I spent 30 minutes trying to think of the perfect analogy to help you explain this. I deleted many of my analogies and this is the one that stood out:

Try telling him that he's taking a steaming pile of shit out of a small box and putting it into a bigger box. The bigger box may seem nicer but the content is still just a pile of shit.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-20 08:25:12 Reply

At 11/20/14 01:23 AM, Quarl wrote: Try telling him that he's taking a steaming pile of shit out of a small box and putting it into a bigger box. The bigger box may seem nicer but the content is still just a pile of shit.

Genius, I'll tell him that next time he brings it up! :p

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-20 11:42:31 (edited 2014-11-20 11:42:52) Reply

Got a test tomorrow and still have a ton of studying to do but I keep looking for distractions. I need @SCTE3 to come in here and cheer me up because her posts/reviews always do...

also we need more old regs
*feels old because he said 'old regs'*

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-20 12:34:40 Reply

At 11/20/14 11:42 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Got a test tomorrow and still have a ton of studying to do but I keep looking for distractions. I need @SCTE3 to come in here and cheer me up because her posts/reviews always do...

also we need more old regs
*feels old because he said 'old regs'*

You called? :)

I try to cheer people up even on my bad days because being sad, stressed, or upset over things is never a fun experience.

<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-20 12:40:56 Reply

At 11/20/14 12:34 PM, SCTE3 wrote: You called? :)

I try to cheer people up even on my bad days because being sad, stressed, or upset over things is never a fun experience.

Yaaay there's the happy cat! ^_______^

Okay back to studying!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-20 12:45:30 Reply

At 11/20/14 12:40 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
Yaaay there's the happy cat! ^_______^

-purrs in happiness-

Okay back to studying!

On that note, back to goofing in FL Studio, having Writer's Block for so long has stopped me from being productive. And on a second note, spent half my day at college yesterday getting ready for Spring again. :)

<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-20 13:24:15 Reply

At 11/20/14 12:45 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
On that note, back to goofing in FL Studio, having Writer's Block for so long has stopped me from being productive. And on a second note, spent half my day at college yesterday getting ready for Spring again. :)

pls i make 3 tracks a day

writers block is all in the head

lel

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-11-22 11:35:10 Reply

New job

I applied for a DJ vacancy at a bowling avenue and I got the job! Apparently I'm supposed to be more of an entertainer than a DJ but I love it. Basically every Thursday to Sunday there's disco bowling and all I need to do is throw together a playlist, make fun of people that throw horribly and bring shots to the lanes that score a strike. I can also freely add my own input like saying 'First lane that knows the name of this song gets shots!' I can actually get people mad drunk and it's not a problem if that happens. Some chick already asked for my number on my first night because I was 'kinda cute'. I think I'll be doing this for a while.

BBS Signature