00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,481 Views | 34,321 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-04-22 08:02:18

At 4/20/24 04:07 PM, Mich wrote:
At 4/20/24 09:05 AM, SkankyMojo wrote: Looking awesome man, what modules are you running in your rig?
Thanks! The modules are all DIY, mostly from schematics found online, some entirely my own design. All them I've designed the circuit board and panel for myself. In the rack is:

I've previously made a shitty clock generator and an 8-step sequencer that worked much better in the prototyping stage than in finished form, so it's not in the rack lol.

I have a vague intent to redesign and rebuild all of the modules with all I've learned since I made most of these (~2016-2017)

That's really cool, I've always fancied having a go myself. Could you recommend any resources and what's probably a good module to start with? I'm guessing something like a simple VCO?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-04-23 20:22:41

At 4/16/24 10:45 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 4/16/24 10:34 PM, SoulSecure wrote:
At 4/16/24 02:20 PM, Quarl wrote:

I was just violently struck with the memory of the chickens. We raised chicks in the music room one winter and everything got a coat of chicken dander on it. They are the messiest, nastiest creatures on the planet (cute as they are). I'm barefoot on the carpet right now and I just got shivers because I know how gross this carpet is. I need to put on shoes...
Dude what? I grew up with tons of chickens (chicken farm) and have 23 chickens myself right now. They are the easiest, cleanest barnyard animals! All you gotta do is feed em, water em, coop em and give that guy a clean out every now n then and that's it. Heck, you can train them to do stuff too if that's what you're into. Now I could be a little biased because birds are my favourite type of animals and I grew up with them and all but come on.

Ducks though. No. I will not have ducks. THEY are the dirtiest, meanest, doofus birds out there. They can stay on the lake at the other end of my rifle, not in my run.
What kind of chickens are you talking about? I got Rhode Island Reds, as chicks they fucked my whole studio up with dander without ever leaving their little tub. Dust on everything. I won't let you try to un-sully their name, those little shits are nasty. They poop in their own water and they try to eat Styrofoam if you've insulated your spaces with it. They try to run into the basement with me to get some of that sweet styro-taco off the walls, I have to be quick.

We eventually made space in our shipping container to move them out of the house. Whatever situation you dealt with on your farm, I'm calling bullshit on them being clean animals. It doesn't sound like you ever had to raise chicks in a music studio, it's not the same as a coop. The chicks were too young to live with the adults, we had to raise them in a separate space, hence the music studio.

Ducks are just water chickens.

sample the quacks and make a sick beat out of it ;)

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature