Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-24 15:07:01 Reply

Help Breed Pick a New Guitar

Alright guys, so I'm getting a new acoustic for le studio. My budget is 1300. I'm looking at Taylors and Martins mainly. Martin seems to be more my shin dig. My preferences are a warmer sounding guitar, preferably solid wood, made in the USA. I also prefer the tighter bodies like the 000 stuff, so lets avoid suggesting dreads.

So far it seems everything I can find within my budget thats readily available has at least 1 downside. The 000RSGT seems really nice, but its made in mexico. The D1GT is also an option, but its a dreadnought.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-24 18:14:16 Reply

At 3/24/14 03:07 PM, Breed wrote: Help Breed Pick a New Guitar

Alright guys, so I'm getting a new acoustic for le studio. My budget is 1300. I'm looking at Taylors and Martins mainly. Martin seems to be more my shin dig. My preferences are a warmer sounding guitar, preferably solid wood, made in the USA. I also prefer the tighter bodies like the 000 stuff, so lets avoid suggesting dreads.

So far it seems everything I can find within my budget thats readily available has at least 1 downside. The 000RSGT seems really nice, but its made in mexico. The D1GT is also an option, but its a dreadnought.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Why would the place of production be a factor in all of this? I know that certain companies like Fender have a reputation of having variances in quality depending on where it was made, but that isn't true for all companies. I would actually have proposed to take a look at a Japanese company called Aria,, who make pretty decent guitars around the 1k$ range. Can't give any specific recommendations, as this was mostly from my roommate's experience.

That's unfortunately all I can really say, I have very little experience other than vicariously through my roommate for guitar, so whatever. :v

Best of luck searching though!

SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-24 18:18:22 Reply

At 3/24/14 03:07 PM, Breed wrote: Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'm not huge into guitar specifics, but I have a really nice Art & Lutherie acoustic that I got fairly cheap. Sounds beautiful: warm and deep. It is Canadian made though so doesn't fit your preference.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-24 18:23:21 Reply

hi

i don't play guitar much and i don't know what these chords im playing are. all of this done by ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AjLyl8LP0YA

can someone tell me so that i can write them into a full track?

thx a bunch i give u cookies later<3

lel

johnfn
johnfn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-24 21:26:35 Reply

At 3/24/14 06:23 PM, Sequenced wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AjLyl8LP0YA

I watched the first minute or so and got what sounds like E major -> e minor -> D -> major -> C major. I also heard you do Amaj -> Emin once. You also add 4ths onto the chords sometimes.

The dire dire docks progression!

This is a really fun progression though. I think there's more but I need to go work on some music right now.

[6,11,4,10,2,10,-68,5,15,-68,16,4 ,1,-68,-2,1,15,16,-67].map(function(v){ return String.fromCharCode(v + 100) }).join(""); // updated for web 2.0!

BBS Signature
bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-25 13:52:40 Reply

Oh, hey there.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-26 17:23:06 Reply

At 3/25/14 01:52 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Oh, hey there.

'sup, fellow 4-stringer.
I have a (part-time) job now. WOW RESPONSIBILITIES

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-26 19:12:16 Reply

Dammit @Sequenced.

Make up your fucking mind already, or should I call you Alasky?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-26 19:25:51 Reply

At 3/26/14 07:12 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Dammit @Sequenced.

at least i don't have a broken dick

lel

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-27 18:25:24 Reply

At 3/26/14 07:25 PM, Sequenced wrote:

Took me a while to get this one :P

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-28 15:32:57 Reply

Is anybody else having an issue with uploading today? I finished one of my submissions for the AIM and can't upload it.

The project is all filled out and ready to go except the song doesn't appear in the preview. It says 0:00 - 0:00 on the length thingy and the song does not play as if it weren't there.

I tried uploading other music and deleting my cache, but neither fixed the issue.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-28 17:13:06 Reply

I used to snap it till it made a click noise, i dont do that anymore though, dont want to break it.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-28 18:47:57 Reply

At 3/28/14 03:32 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Is anybody else having an issue with uploading today? I finished one of my submissions for the AIM and can't upload it.

I got it to work now. Apparently going to the bank fixed the issue. :P

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-29 11:32:38 Reply

I'm making trance again. god, how I miss this genre.

lel

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-29 15:28:28 Reply

What medicine was that commercial about with the white firemen? The one with the small guys with big hoses you had to take into your mouth and suck until they squirt white stuff down your throat. Was it for throat ache or heartburn? Someone help me out please.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-29 21:38:34 Reply

Hey guys thanks for the responses, I went with this badboy here. Couldnt get aria guitars because we only get them via special order and I cant get them at vendor cost let alone try it before buying it.

Ive played at least 20 hours of guitar this week. Nothing like getting a new instrument to bring about inspiration.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-30 07:51:53 Reply

At 3/29/14 03:28 PM, SourJovis wrote: What medicine was that commercial about with the white firemen? The one with the small guys with big hoses you had to take into your mouth and suck until they squirt white stuff down your throat. Was it for throat ache or heartburn? Someone help me out please.

Strepsils, i think

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
MutualCore
MutualCore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-30 11:48:43 Reply

Personally, I'm happy to see the Sequenced title again. I've attached a time, place, and personality to the name. Sentimental. Also, Alasky reminds me of Sarah Palin and anything that reminds me of Sarah Palin must die.

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-30 13:07:36 Reply

So...I've just passed my first week of work.
yay me

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-30 13:41:29 Reply

At 3/30/14 11:48 AM, MutualCore wrote:

Personally, I'm happy to see the Sequenced title again. I've attached a time, place, and personality to the name. Sentimental. Also, Alasky reminds me of Sarah Palin and anything that reminds me of Sarah Palin must die.

so what happened to quarl? ;)

lel

MutualCore
MutualCore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-31 09:09:07 Reply

At 3/30/14 01:41 PM, Sequenced wrote:

Accounts still there. When I made this account I was debating being obvious about it or not. After one song I was like "fuck this shit. I want to go call the regs faggots..." I guess I could have done it with my Quarl account but it wouldn't have been as fun. Also, I'm just tired of that name. I've been recycling it since middle school. Hence: Bjork status.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-03-31 12:59:22 Reply

At 3/30/14 01:07 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: So...I've just passed my first week of work.
yay me

Work empowers a man and helps give men an identity. You should be proud to work.

Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-04-01 05:06:58 Reply

At 3/30/14 01:41 PM, Sequenced wrote:
I'm just tired of that name. I've been recycling it since middle school. Hence: Bjork status.

But what about the giant quarl tattoo you've got on your back? (Which I still think looks fucking amazing, on that note)

MutualCore
MutualCore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-04-01 14:06:36 Reply

At 4/1/14 05:06 AM, Mich wrote:
But what about the giant quarl tattoo you've got on your back? (Which I still think looks fucking amazing, on that note)

Meh, it's still a giant jellyfish. Just because it also happens to be a Quarl doesn't change anything. I still associate with the name. I love it when people call me Quarl irl. I just... dunno.

maybe I didn't think this through...

BBS Signature
MutualCore
MutualCore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-04-01 18:40:29 Reply

While backed up in traffic today I saw a man cruising up the turn lane in a feeble attempt to evade the gridlock. I began muttering curses under my breath to my lord and savior Odin and sure enough a patrol car speed on by with his lights ablaze. It was as if the All-father had sent a messenger straight from Valhalla to answer my wishes.

Who ever said prayer doesn't work is clearly worshiping the wrong God.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-04-01 19:59:49 Reply

At 4/1/14 06:40 PM, MutualCore wrote:

Who ever said prayer doesn't work is clearly worshiping the wrong God.

there was a lot of traffic at one point when i was heading for my doctor's appointment. it was so bad that people would use the entrance ramp to try and get ahead

when someone did that when i was by where the entrance lane was merging, i started to get as close to the car infront of me as possible. every car behind me followed my idea and they were stuck there till they got their spot back.

lel

MutualCore
MutualCore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-04-01 20:12:18 Reply

At 4/1/14 07:59 PM, Sequenced wrote: every car behind me followed my idea and they were stuck there till they got their spot back.

pfff, talk about CARMA. ZING!!!1

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-04-02 21:03:39 Reply

its been 4 months since new years and i haven't done anything so far

i stopped going to school ; my anxiety of making mistakes or people judging me over the past few years has really affected me whenever i do school work. like someone could hand me a test of a class i like, but i would just sit there and not write anything for the hour, even if i knew the answers. i never told my dad the real reason why i dropped out.

i am a 20 year old failure. i have no job, i have very little irl friends and i heavily rely on my dad's paycheck. i live in a simple 1 room apartment. there is a quickcheck across the street from me, an AMC theater 5 minutes away, and a shoprite 2 minutes down the road. there is a gamestore 2 doors down that hosts tournaments every weekend and i don't even go to that. i hate socializing. i hate people.

i see a lot of kids from my grade having a blast, posting pictures of their gf or bf which i have yet to experience. i always be myself around girls and most of them just turn away. very rarely would they even consider me as a friend - and im not like incapable of being socially acceptable. i can be if i put effort into it. i do my best to not sound like a creep.

yet every time i open my mouth i keep hearing laughs in my head. it makes me not think clearly half of the time. every time no one is around i mutter to my self " stupid ". i use to have a really nasally voice that only my mom and sister understood when i was young. i don't know how i had friends back then. when i moved to the states the kids laughed at me and from then on never took me seriously. it was only until a fucking operation that i was able to talk "normally"

for the past 4 months i've never had an actual sleep pattern. i get up, eat, play video games, make music, spam my shit, then go to bed.

people ask me how i can just do nothing all day.

and you know what

i am happy doing nothing. not talking to anyone. my walls don't judge me. they won't laugh at me. after 2 months of living alone like this i could go one day without having a single thought. and i love it.

i am at peace with myself. while the rest of the world is going crazy and doing stupid shit, i am unaffected by it.

some times when i don't have to go outside to get food or anything, i am naked the whole day. because who gives a shit.

lel

Phonometrologist
Phonometrologist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-04-03 01:01:52 Reply

At 4/2/14 09:03 PM, Sequenced wrote: i am at peace with myself. while the rest of the world is going crazy and doing stupid shit, i am unaffected by it.

because who gives a shit.

Now all you need to do is figure out how to have that same mentality when you're out with people.
Perhaps put your identity in something beyond that of which is fleeting

Yes-eye
Yes-eye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-04-03 08:20:51 Reply

Hello, guys! I've got a pretty strange question here: if i got a newer version of my track is it better to upload instead of previos version or to create a "new audio" with newer version (and maybe delete previous)?