Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,155,855 Views
  • 37,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
lasse
lasse
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-27 14:06:54 Reply

im gay

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-27 14:12:21 Reply

At 7/27/13 10:04 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 7/27/13 06:56 AM, Calamaistr wrote: Yesterday i drew my new little mascot, now that i think of it i couldve drawn some headphones on him too but then again hes way to royal for that.

look my profile for the mascot, look it.
Eeee! He's cute! :D Not sure if 'cuddly' would fit the bill as he's an octopus, but oh my word, his eyes...... owo

I never drew anime eyes before but i just had to to make this l337 lord of the deep extra cutesy. xD
mission compretu i guess, i still consider making the picture better like putting a whole army of non-crown wearing calamari around him and perhaps still some headphones on him, and imo my name looks a bit shabbyish and should look a bit cooler, perhaps without the whole board around it.

hmmm.

I havent been drawing in ages tho so im quite proud it didnt turn out to be some disgusting blob with a molten baseball cap on a fro or something.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-27 15:08:46 Reply

I bet u use safari

Perhaps

The Audio Forum Lounge

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-27 15:39:27 Reply

At 7/27/13 03:08 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
I bet u use safari
Perhaps

I'm curious what's in New Folder (3) and New Folder (4)


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-27 15:53:27 Reply

At 7/27/13 02:12 PM, Calamaistr wrote: I havent been drawing in ages tho so im quite proud it didnt turn out to be some disgusting blob with a molten baseball cap on a fro or something.

Honestly though, you've got the foundations all nailed.

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-27 17:05:32 Reply

At 7/27/13 03:53 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 7/27/13 02:12 PM, Calamaistr wrote: I havent been drawing in ages tho so im quite proud it didnt turn out to be some disgusting blob with a molten baseball cap on a fro or something.
Honestly though, you've got the foundations all nailed.

Tbh years ago i used to draw like a god, just never on pc, but i just discovered pixelart is osome.

Oh, i evolved the design and the result is cutesy overload, go check it out on my profile. You will become one with the calamari minions and they will carry you to victory.

I might compose music based on this sometime , hmm..

If you also want to compose music based on the calamari master/king you have my permission *heaves hand up and down*

*raises banner of the calamari*


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-28 14:07:07 Reply

apparently there's some random wanker(s) making threads that insult us musicians.
ehhhhhh, do you guys have any interesting tales to share?

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-28 14:24:19 Reply

At 7/28/13 02:07 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: apparently there's some random wanker(s) making threads that insult us musicians.
ehhhhhh, do you guys have any interesting tales to share?

My interesting tale is that I still can't see the audio player so I'm gonna update my computer and pray nothing gets corrupted or whatever. Also, haters gonna hate I guess...but who hates on all musicians in general?


BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-28 15:40:09 Reply

At 7/28/13 02:07 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: apparently there's some random wanker(s) making threads that insult us musicians.
ehhhhhh, do you guys have any interesting tales to share?

No, im mopping up the tears from reading the insults :'(


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-28 16:46:45 Reply

http://galeohasazoo.newgrounds.com/reviews/audio

free whistle points


lel

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-28 18:35:00 Reply

At 7/28/13 04:46 PM, Sequenced wrote: http://galeohasazoo.newgrounds.com/reviews/audio

free whistle points

Thanks, i never bothered with whistlepoints but this makes up for that.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-28 21:10:18 Reply

so I have decided to return and make music again.. with stereo mastery finally under my belt I can pretty much do anything head space wise now.. which makes making music.. much.. much faster.

expect to see new things from me :)

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-28 21:48:07 Reply

i have a confession

i make music when naked


lel

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-28 23:04:45 Reply

At 7/28/13 09:48 PM, Sequenced wrote: i have a confession

i make music when naked

Well I actually DO - since I am always naked at home :)

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 00:03:24 Reply

At 7/28/13 11:04 PM, Chronamut wrote:

Well I actually DO - since I am always naked at home :)

BTW don't start spamming me songs unless you start becoming less of an egotistical bastard.

you would rarely give my music any sort of recognition whenever I send some stuff over through irc the past couple years.

so here is a kind of 'taste of your own medicine' deal.

also... that post you made earlier is for your news post really...


lel

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 03:29:33 Reply

At 7/29/13 12:03 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 7/28/13 11:04 PM, Chronamut wrote:

Well I actually DO - since I am always naked at home :)
BTW don't start spamming me songs unless you start becoming less of an egotistical bastard.

you would rarely give my music any sort of recognition whenever I send some stuff over through irc the past couple years.

so here is a kind of 'taste of your own medicine' deal.

also... that post you made earlier is for your news post really...

lol this from the man who filled up half of the lounge with complaints about his own life

also you sent me stuff like every single day and would only msg me when you wanted a review, and it tended to all sound generic.. I would at least always give you my honest opinion.

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 04:38:02 Reply

At 7/29/13 12:03 AM, Sequenced wrote: BTW don't start spamming me songs unless you start becoming less of an egotistical bastard.

Way to start an unwarranted shitstorm.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 05:48:40 Reply

At 7/28/13 03:40 PM, Calamaistr wrote: No, im mopping up the tears from reading the insults :'(

...
*hugs*

also thenks @Sequenced for teh whistul pointsss

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 06:34:12 Reply

At 7/29/13 05:48 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 7/28/13 03:40 PM, Calamaistr wrote: No, im mopping up the tears from reading the insults :'(
...
*hugs*

also thenks @Sequenced for teh whistul pointsss

Dont hug 30 year old men!, its dangerouse.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 06:49:16 Reply

At 7/29/13 04:38 AM, Mich wrote:
At 7/29/13 12:03 AM, Sequenced wrote: BTW don't start spamming me songs unless you start becoming less of an egotistical bastard.
Way to start an unwarranted shitstorm.

especially when chron hasnt been said e-bastard in a proper long time

wb chron, join in the choon sprinkling


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 09:43:06 Reply

At 7/29/13 06:49 AM, la-yinn wrote:
At 7/29/13 04:38 AM, Mich wrote:
At 7/29/13 12:03 AM, Sequenced wrote: BTW don't start spamming me songs unless you start becoming less of an egotistical bastard.
Way to start an unwarranted shitstorm.
especially when chron hasnt been said e-bastard in a proper long time

wb chron, join in the choon sprinkling

thanks guys! :)

it feels good to be back..

..more or less.

Basically what happened is back abound the "paradise on e" remix I did my skills were pretty much at their peak.. I had just gotten some new hardware and I was really looking forward to delving into some 3d sound.. I had installed a registry cleaner as my pc had gotten a bit slow.. well that pc cleaner make me computer unable to start up. The only way I could get it to work was to factory reset my computer, wiping out 7 years worth of projects, templates I had made and software vsts etc.

After that I made some minor songs.. then my power supply blew up and I said fuck it. My computer is still fried as the second power supply also blew up so I'm waiting to fix that.. but I do have my old laptop and have thus been trying to do work on that.

In a way the break was needed.. it allowed me to focus more on self-healing.. more on art. I feel I am a better person now better able to tackle life's problems :)

in addition the software I needed to use had time to upgrade and evolve to a position that is beneficial to me.. which is ultimately what I wanted as well :)

the ego is also gone as I see life from a larger perspective now.. so here's to a better everything! :)

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 13:36:00 Reply

At 7/29/13 09:43 AM, Chronamut wrote:
the ego is also gone as I see life from a larger perspective now.. so here's to a better everything! :)

Im getting the uncontrollable urge to test you.

But i wont.

p.s. i had two people review my ngadm entry, i feel like a special ant in the shadow of literally everyone else that has atleast 2 pages of reviews.

I also dont have a ego anymore btw, i merely feel insignificant sometimes.

Hi btw, long time no see.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 14:48:29 Reply

At 7/29/13 01:36 PM, Calamaistr wrote:
At 7/29/13 09:43 AM, Chronamut wrote:
the ego is also gone as I see life from a larger perspective now.. so here's to a better everything! :)
Im getting the uncontrollable urge to test you.

But i wont.

p.s. i had two people review my ngadm entry, i feel like a special ant in the shadow of literally everyone else that has atleast 2 pages of reviews.

I also dont have a ego anymore btw, i merely feel insignificant sometimes.

Hi btw, long time no see.

lol long time no see cala :P

you could test me if you wished.. it's not something I enjoy seeing people engage in but hey whatever they need to do to progress as beings I suppose..

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 15:04:08 Reply

MY GIRLFRIEND TAUGHT ME THE CUP SONG AND NOW I CANT GET THAT SHIT OUT OF MY HEAD HAAALLLLLP


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 15:18:50 Reply

At 7/29/13 03:04 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: MY GIRLFRIEND TAUGHT ME THE CUP SONG AND NOW I CANT GET THAT SHIT OUT OF MY HEAD HAAALLLLLP

I suggest replacing it with the duck song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 16:26:41 Reply

So, did the front page audio go from being changed every 3 weeks to every 3 days?

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 16:47:38 Reply

Guys, i have a question :O

Some time ago (read: years ago) i bought this string instrument at a flee market for 20 euros.
Didn't know what it was, it just looked cool, it was cheap and for some reason i really wanted to have it.
When i got home i figured out it was a mandolin. A pretty old one. And the strings are just.. crap.

After that, i kinda forget i had it and it just caught dust for years.
Now i thought about it again and got it out of my closet. I need to change the strings.
I'm guessing i can just put regular mandolin strings on it? Like these.
And maybe.. just maybe.. does anyone know more about the instrument (like, the age) judging from the pic below?

The Audio Forum Lounge


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 16:48:31 Reply

At 7/29/13 06:34 AM, Calamaistr wrote: Dont hug 30 year old men!, its dangerouse.

wow, you're 30? damn i feel really out of place

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 17:08:05 Reply

At 7/29/13 04:26 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: So, did the front page audio go from being changed every 3 weeks to every 3 days?

It's supposed to be changed every week on Monday. Just the last couple weeks people have been busy/away and not able to do their turn FPing stuff.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-07-29 17:46:21 Reply

At 7/29/13 04:48 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 7/29/13 06:34 AM, Calamaistr wrote: Dont hug 30 year old men!, its dangerouse.
wow, you're 30? damn i feel really out of place

Me too ;(

Wish i was 17 again.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)