At 12/3/13 10:57 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Budgeting is hard as fuck. How do you adult living
Write down how much money you earn per year or per month, figure out how much taxes you need to pay on that, figure out how much rent / mortgage you're paying a month, how much your utility bill tend to be each month, how much you generally spend on feed and drink, do some basic arithmetic and see what you've got left.
Make adjustments to any variables in here:
Money spent on food:
- Opt for preparing food at home instead of getting take-away
- Don't buy a lot of expensive snacks all the time
- Cut down on alcohol if applicable
Energy bills, be more conscious of energy use in the house:
- Don't leave windows open when heating's on in the room
- Turn lights off as you leave rooms
- Always close the fridge / freezer doors
So basically write things down and use a calculator. If you want fine control, keep track of every transaction you make, and categorize them properly to keep a good eye on how much of your budget you've spent.
ALTERNATIVE: Get a job that pays a proper shitload and don't worry about it
Good grief I've gotten boring