00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,629 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-07-24 17:43:02

Back in my day..

We used bold titles to completely derail the ongoing discussion to another subject.. Ahem, I mean, we used them to keep things organized. Yes. We did that. Sometimes.

Maybe.

I thought I'd poke my head in around here, see whats going on. Anybody from way, way back still kicking around? I keep feeling nostalgia for Newgrounds so feel like poking in sometimes but I was hoping there'd be a bit more flavour round the forums. I never was much of a fan of KVR and dogsonacid can feel kinda bland at times aswell. But this doesn't seem like a very lively topic anymore and that's kind of a shame. Felt like the general forums on here at times, except everybody made tunes and had wittier humor. I have fond memories of this place lol.

Anybody doing cool music stuffs? I personally quit years ago, only to recently come back to it and enjoy it all over again. Not shooting for a career in music, but man is it fun to fiddle around with reece basses. Wish I had more time to spend on it though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-09-03 15:27:16

I don’t know if this is a good thing, but like 5 different YouTube channels with subs from 20 to 10k are uploading my music...

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-09-09 01:03:06

Hey all, new member here! I haven't really done anything like this before so while I'm not new to writing I've no clue what I'm supposed to be doing in the community and stuff, if anything but uploading tunes every now and then. I've known about this site a while but it seems less active than I thought. What am I missing? Somewhere else I should go?

Feel free to check out my one upload. I like it a lot, and would like some feedback on how to get better.

μG

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 07:59:23 (edited 2019-12-03 08:00:52)

Now that free soundcloud only allows for 3 hours of music OR 15 tracks max, i wonder if newgrounds will see an influx of new musicians (and more work for the mods) .

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 17:03:39

At 12/3/19 07:59 AM, Daru925 wrote: Now that free soundcloud only allows for 3 hours of music OR 15 tracks max, i wonder if newgrounds will see an influx of new musicians (and more work for the mods) .

Wasn't ShitCloud always allowed 2 hours of track max? Or are you talking about subscription limit?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 17:44:11

At 12/3/19 05:03 PM, Bonnot wrote:
At 12/3/19 07:59 AM, Daru925 wrote: Now that free soundcloud only allows for 3 hours of music OR 15 tracks max, i wonder if newgrounds will see an influx of new musicians (and more work for the mods) .
Wasn't ShitCloud always allowed 2 hours of track max? Or are you talking about subscription limit?

Hello, before you could upload 3 hours max as free users, and unlimited amounts of tracks. Now if you had like 2 hours of music and lets say 30 tracks, you will have to delete 16 of them if you want to upload even one.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 17:48:36

At 12/3/19 05:44 PM, Daru925 wrote:
Hello, before you could upload 3 hours max as free users, and unlimited amounts of tracks. Now if you had like 2 hours of music and lets say 30 tracks, you will have to delete 16 of them if you want to upload even one.

Oh OK, so it's got worsen. NG gonna have to brace for these newcomers. lol where else they gonna go? Myspace?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 17:54:38 (edited 2019-12-03 17:59:45)

At 12/3/19 05:48 PM, Bonnot wrote:
Oh OK, so it's got worsen. NG gonna have to brace for these newcomers. lol where else they gonna go? Myspace?

Yeah that's what i was thinking :D And mods are gonna have to deal with GD-like uploaders. But it could be good for ng too i guess.

In any case soundcloud won't force me into "pro sub" to fund their sexy russian superbots, my truest fans :D

Salut!

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 18:03:01

At 12/3/19 05:54 PM, Daru925 wrote:
At 12/3/19 05:48 PM, Bonnot wrote:
Yeah that's what i was thinking :D And mods are gonna have to deal with GD-like uploaders. But it could be good for ng too i guess.

It's good for business but I do hope Tom Fulp doesn't go the exclusive subscription way, especially on uploading quota. NG subscription budget is falling behind, so more newbies mean more money. We in NGAP isn't the only one seeing these migrations. Tumblr went COPPA route too so a lot of NSFW artists migrated to Art Portal, same for DeviantArt artists moving here. It's only the matter of time.

I'm a bit worried about how NG gonna handle this though. NG isn't build for mainstream platform and more on indie production. If mainstream artists start moving over here, either they adapt to our community, or we have to adapt to the new people. And I'm worried that NG might go the latter. Knowing Tom, the staff and mod team, they won't ever do this, but circumstance could change. I love this community with all my heart, that's why I never left even so many times I tried to go elsewhere.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 18:04:42

I agree, NG is the last hope for humanity!

Salut!

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 19:48:03

At 12/3/19 05:54 PM, Daru925 wrote: ...In any case soundcloud won't force me into "pro sub" to fund their sexy russian superbots...

.jpg

Whatever SC is scheming right now, I was gonna remove older tracks when I reach the 3-hour limit in the first place, so it's just that the time has come sooner for me...or don't even bother doing? The streaming quality there is trash anyway.

Now that I think about it, NGAP already allowed large file upload. How about FLAC? It's WAV but smaller, PNG of the audio.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-12-03 20:28:28

At 12/3/19 07:48 PM, Noisysundae wrote:
At 12/3/19 05:54 PM, Daru925 wrote: ...In any case soundcloud won't force me into "pro sub" to fund their sexy russian superbots...
.jpg

Whatever SC is scheming right now, I was gonna remove older tracks when I reach the 3-hour limit in the first place, so it's just that the time has come sooner for me...or don't even bother doing? The streaming quality there is trash anyway.

Now that I think about it, NGAP already allowed large file upload. How about FLAC? It's WAV but smaller, PNG of the audio.

NG let you do MP3 V0 and WAV, but I hadn't tried the latter. You can also upload 48000Hz MP3, which what I've been doing.

Maybe FLAC could be something to suggest to @TomFulp about it?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-04-11 09:29:50

Hello. Hi. It's been ages. How are you doing? What is this thread doing on page 5?

Recently i've been trying to make some music again, no success thus far. But i'll keep trying.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-04-11 14:15:50

At 4/11/20 09:29 AM, FairSquare wrote: Hello. Hi. It's been ages. How are you doing? What is this thread doing on page 5?
Recently i've been trying to make some music again, no success thus far. But i'll keep trying.

Hi hello yo.

Doing pretty well despite all the lockdown stuff. Going on daily walks in the fields where we live. It helps that the weather's been great lately.

I've gotten into the habit of spending every Friday working on music; more productive music-wise than I've been in years.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-04-12 08:43:48

At 4/11/20 02:15 PM, Mich wrote:
At 4/11/20 09:29 AM, FairSquare wrote: Hello. Hi. It's been ages. How are you doing? What is this thread doing on page 5?
Hi hello yo.

Doing pretty well despite all the lockdown stuff. Going on daily walks in the fields where we live. It helps that the weather's been great lately.

I've gotten into the habit of spending every Friday working on music; more productive music-wise than I've been in years.

Oh hi! Good to hear you're doing well :) And yep, hurray for climate change :x

And nice, sounds good. Unfortunately i can't schedule things in like that, since i have a very irregular working schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-04-20 12:17:49

Y'all making tunes during this time?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-04-23 16:59:29

iu_114204_1421890.jpg

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-13 12:30:17

how do you do, fellow kids

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-13 15:15:16

At 6/13/20 12:30 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: how do you do, fellow kids

Awe yeah, he lives!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-15 14:10:04

Is there a thread where you can share music with eachother. In other words self-promote?

Also what headphones do you guys think is the best for audio engineering?

• Qwaint

sup

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-16 03:16:06

At 6/15/20 02:10 PM, KleptoidKat wrote: Is there a thread where you can share music with eachother. In other words self-promote?

Yep! -> Audio Advertisements

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-16 08:48:05

oh shit you're back

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-17 01:35:03

Wow, haven't seen you in a while. Missed seeing you around!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-17 08:25:47

At 6/13/20 03:15 PM, AceMantra wrote:

Awe yeah, he lives!

At 6/16/20 08:48 AM, Bonnot wrote:

oh shit you're back

At 6/17/20 01:35 AM, ADR3-N wrote:

Wow, haven't seen you in a while. Missed seeing you around!

Just stopping by for now, haha. What's new in the audio forum these days?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-17 19:49:48

Howdy!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-19 01:28:44

At 6/17/20 08:25 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Just stopping by for now, haha. What's new in the audio forum these days?

You know, I'd be hard pressed to tell ya! I've been away for at least a year on and off with the service. Just now hitting a little bit of a lull. I haven't stopped making music, just can't post it on NG 'cause, well, copyright haha.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-19 23:40:09

Flapping by with a small question for folks. What do you do when you are very rusty in music making and need to get back up to speed quickly? I suppose there's no substitute for just going and doing things, but what do you recommend?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-20 03:37:05

At 6/19/20 11:40 PM, Sami-Fire wrote: Flapping by with a small question for folks. What do you do when you are very rusty in music making and need to get back up to speed quickly? I suppose there's no substitute for just going and doing things, but what do you recommend?

I jumped back into an old template file I had, looked at all my plugins. I've been away a little over a year. Wasn't too rough. You can also just look at some quick tutorials.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-23 23:29:02

I've been gathering music for different things lately. Came across something I haven't heard in so long, wanted to share it with all of you!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2020-06-24 17:17:01 (edited 2020-06-24 17:17:51)

At 6/19/20 11:40 PM, Sami-Fire wrote: Flapping by with a small question for folks. What do you do when you are very rusty in music making and need to get back up to speed quickly? I suppose there's no substitute for just going and doing things, but what do you recommend?

Drugs. Tons of mind altering drugs. This way, even if the music sucks you won't have the inhibitions to notice or care.

Obviously I don't condone doing drugs but if I did I'd probably recommend adderall, THC, alcohol, LSD, or mushrooms. Those one's are pretty efficient or so I'm told. I've never done drugs. Don't ask me where to get them. As I understand, most people that do drugs find a hook up through their friends. If you're feeling creative and are interested in magic mushrooms I'm sure you could probably just google up "BRF technique" to learn how to grow spores from brown rice flower and vermiculite.

But I wouldn't know anything about that because I didn't just google it to see if youtube still has videos. Stay in school.

quarl BandCamp