00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,772,935 Views | 34,293 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-24 04:29:16

At 6/24/19 03:47 AM, pitbulljones wrote: Honestly. I think self promotion threads have killed this forum. There's an advertisement thread already. I don't want to see 12 self promo threads.

Just like it killed the art forum amirite????

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-24 05:59:30

At 6/24/19 04:29 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 6/24/19 03:47 AM, pitbulljones wrote: Honestly. I think self promotion threads have killed this forum. There's an advertisement thread already. I don't want to see 12 self promo threads.

I never posted in there. So I don't know if it was a positive or negative thing in art. It is a younger forum than audio by nearly a decade and had tighter rules due to that. We have an advertisement thread. Self promo threads just feel very odd. I always thought this forum, as cliquey as it can be, was about bootstrapping new musicians, not self congratulatory. If a dude had an album, that deserved a post. But a new submission to the portal shouldn't.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-24 07:24:31

At 5/5/19 10:19 PM, Chron-amut wrote:
At 4/3/19 12:53 PM, Mich wrote: Maybe I'll ditch Twitter eventually too, who knows.

Anyone else made any conscious efforts to take back the control the internet has over your life?

good lord this could be its own thread in general
I did that years ago by never having a cell-phone - it's amazing how weird you feel when everyone else is "plugged in" around you and you're not..

I only just got a smartphone like a year ago. My Dad and I had to switch because our provider doesn't give out flip phones. To be fair the flip phones we got before the carrier switch were overpriced and terrible, like my dad and I had our phones from Verizon for like at least a decade and my original flip phone (which I thought I broke but actually worked just fine) still works to this day. Can't see why we have to have these stupid annoying husks of junk. It's like every other time I open the thing... Turn it on? IDK how you call, in any case Whenever I go to use it I tend to be in a stupor as to how I get to what I want.

I do like that I have a Bible application that keeps track of my reading plan, but these things are really kind of pointless. I can't understand how people waste so much time with them, other than doing everything with it wastes time because they are ridiculous to navigate. I like to use mine for music too. My old coworkers always thought my music was weird, then I got the phone and could play more genres at the flick of a... swipe? Stupid... Anyhow, I tended to listen to Gospel Reggae, jazz, trip-hop, bossa-nova, zimbabwean afro jazz, dub, gospel bluegrass, etc

I had this one coworker who was 18 and he came up to me every day asking what the heck we were listening to and I'd have to explain it to him.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-24 07:46:36

At 6/24/19 05:59 AM, pitbulljones wrote:
At 6/24/19 04:29 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
I never posted in there. So I don't know if it was a positive or negative thing in art. It is a younger forum than audio by nearly a decade and had tighter rules due to that. We have an advertisement thread. Self promo threads just feel very odd. I always thought this forum, as cliquey as it can be, was about bootstrapping new musicians, not self congratulatory. If a dude had an album, that deserved a post. But a new submission to the portal shouldn't.

I don't know how you take many of us musicians' psyches, but I personally never could see it as self-congratulatory.

I mean, you have musicians who, unless they think they're the shit (and believe me, these are few), basically putting their hearts on display in their audio threads. It may not appear that way, because all they're posting is their stuff, but think about what it could mean for many of them. Many struggle with self-belief. And if they leave their work there, they're hoping that someone might come and listen, and not basically pooh-pooh them for even posting in their own portfolio thread.

And for the art forum having stricter rules: I might add that the system currently in place in the audio forum, with the audio threads unique to each user, is no different from the art portal. Might even add that we're stricter than the art forum, in the sense that we won't tolerate even when someone has an *insert brain here* moment and mistakenly puts up another audio thread when they already had one existing. That sort of thing happens often on the art forum, and there isn't a dedicated advertisement thread there (so, "let me critique your stuff" threads happen infrequently there). And yet, for all its laxity,

1) no one is under the impression that the art forum is dead,

2) no one is under the impression that any particular artist is trying to be a cheeky braggart by simply posting their stuff. Unless they are indeed a cheeky braggart when they *don't* post their stuff, and that's a different matter altogether.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-24 08:44:31

I realise now why i gave up posting here. The pretentiousness of this community blows my mind. We were toxic years ago. Now it's nuclear. The significant majority don't know dick from adam. Elitist bunch of pricks. God help a new musician looking for advice. You used to have a proper community here. Not anymore.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-24 09:53:34

At 6/24/19 08:44 AM, pitbulljones wrote: I realise now why i gave up posting here. The pretentiousness of this community blows my mind. We were toxic years ago. Now it's nuclear. The significant majority don't know dick from adam. Elitist bunch of pricks. God help a new musician looking for advice. You used to have a proper community here. Not anymore.

You know, you could use a bit of self-reflection. People post their works here in the hopes that someone takes notice and maybe gives them their critique on it, not to essentially wave their glory around saying, "Look what I did, ain't it impressive? Bravo for me," or something along those lines. There are lots of people willing to help new musicians, but with the attitude you take regarding things like this, you sort of kill your own hopes and chances of someone willingly putting their advice out there for you. You call them pretentious, yet you don't seem to realize just how pretentious you yourself sound.

Check out my audio.

Music and stuff. Yep!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-24 13:05:11

At 6/24/19 09:53 AM, SSJ3-Goku4567 wrote:
At 6/24/19 08:44 AM, pitbulljones wrote: I realise now why i gave up posting here. The pretentiousness of this community blows my mind. We were toxic years ago. Now it's nuclear. The significant majority don't know dick from adam. Elitist bunch of pricks. God help a new musician looking for advice. You used to have a proper community here. Not anymore.
You know, you could use a bit of self-reflection. People post their works here in the hopes that someone takes notice and maybe gives them their critique on it, not to essentially wave their glory around saying, "Look what I did, ain't it impressive? Bravo for me," or something along those lines. There are lots of people willing to help new musicians, but with the attitude you take regarding things like this, you sort of kill your own hopes and chances of someone willingly putting their advice out there for you. You call them pretentious, yet you don't seem to realize just how pretentious you yourself sound.

I respectfully disagree, I'm all about new music, reviewing, advising. I have a wealth of experience. I don't brag. There's old school peeps here who taught me and I taught. I just don't see a bond its all snark and pomposity. I don't post to the forum as its anarchic. No respect for what's gone, no interest in the future. If people want to be constructive, wanna share ideas and want help. lets do that. But you won't. You're stuck up your own arses to give a fuck.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-25 02:58:10

At 6/24/19 01:05 PM, pitbulljones wrote:
At 6/24/19 08:44 AM, pitbulljones wrote: The pretentiousness of this community blows my mind.
You know, you could use a bit of self-reflection.
I have a wealth of experience. I don't brag.

...you just did?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-25 09:22:29

Massive X soon, will it be just another synth in a crowded market or a game changer? Im interested though. Hopefully there is a demo available to figure it out.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-25 10:40:57

At 6/25/19 02:58 AM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 6/24/19 01:05 PM, pitbulljones wrote:
At 6/24/19 08:44 AM, pitbulljones wrote: The pretentiousness of this community blows my mind.
You know, you could use a bit of self-reflection.
I have a wealth of experience. I don't brag.
...you just did?

You know, if no one else was gonna call him out on it, I was. Glad you did, though.

Check out my audio.

Music and stuff. Yep!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-25 11:06:36

At 6/25/19 10:40 AM, SSJ3-Goku4567 wrote:
At 6/24/19 01:05 PM, pitbulljones wrote: I have a wealth of experience. I don't brag.
...you just did?
You know, if no one else was gonna call him out on it, I was. Glad you did, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-25 22:06:29

At 6/25/19 11:06 AM, Mich wrote:
At 6/24/19 01:05 PM, pitbulljones wrote: I have a wealth of experience. I don't brag.
...you just did?

Was... that in an attempt to make fun of me or something? I genuinely can't tell.

Check out my audio.

Music and stuff. Yep!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-26 07:15:22

At 6/25/19 10:06 PM, SSJ3-Goku4567 wrote:
...you just did?
Was... that in an attempt to make fun of me or something? I genuinely can't tell.

Naw, I shouldn't think so. Mich is just deadpan ^_-

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-26 08:35:40

...you just did?

I was trying to point out to both you and ZipZipper that pitbulljones was quite likely making a joke, by stating one thing and then directly contradicting it for comedic effect; a form of irony.

A similar example is stating "Don't fucking swear!" - insisting people don't swear, while doing the exact opposite of that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-26 09:29:58

At 6/26/19 08:35 AM, Mich wrote:
...you just did?
I was trying to point out to both you and ZipZipper that pitbulljones was quite likely making a joke, by stating one thing and then directly contradicting it for comedic effect; a form of irony.

A similar example is stating "Don't fucking swear!" - insisting people don't swear, while doing the exact opposite of that.

I see. Sorry for the misinterpretation, then. I couldn't think straight last night. Regardless, either he was setting up an ironic joke, or he's an unfortunate soul who genuinely believes his own madness.

Check out my audio.

Music and stuff. Yep!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-26 09:55:03

At 6/26/19 09:29 AM, SSJ3-Goku4567 wrote: I see. Sorry for the misinterpretation, then. I couldn't think straight last night. Regardless, either he was setting up an ironic joke, or he's an unfortunate soul who genuinely believes his own madness.

I like to assume people are joking with stuff like that, it's unlikely many people are so far up their own own arse like Mr. Trump unironically referring to himself as humble and such.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-26 10:14:10

At 6/26/19 09:55 AM, Mich wrote:
At 6/26/19 09:29 AM, SSJ3-Goku4567 wrote: I see. Sorry for the misinterpretation, then. I couldn't think straight last night. Regardless, either he was setting up an ironic joke, or he's an unfortunate soul who genuinely believes his own madness.
I like to assume people are joking with stuff like that, it's unlikely many people are so far up their own own arse like Mr. Trump unironically referring to himself as humble and such.

I hope you're right. I tend to be on the center when it comes to assumptions. I don't change what I think until after someone says or does something, and from there it will keep shifting.

Check out my audio.

Music and stuff. Yep!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-26 13:37:56

In other news, me trying to achieve any form of dream in Los Angeles feels as ironic as trolling hehuehehauhhueh

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-27 02:44:50

At 6/26/19 01:37 PM, ZipZipper wrote: In other news, me trying to achieve any form of dream in Los Angeles feels as ironic as trolling hehuehehauhhueh

Perhaps, but you know not to go silently into the night with those dreams of yours. Kick, scream, until it becomes yours, however long it takes.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-27 03:26:19

At 6/26/19 01:37 PM, ZipZipper wrote: In other news, me trying to achieve any form of dream in Los Angeles feels as ironic as trolling hehuehehauhhueh

I advise against anyone from going to LA. it's only good for two things: the weed and the pollution.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-27 03:30:32

dammit i missed all the dramas

im getting old

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-27 03:34:30

At 5/13/19 07:04 PM, IoTheEternal wrote: So my partner got in an accident yesterday morning - hit a deer full on - car was totaled, has whiplash, swelling of the spine, possible minor concussion, but overall miraculously he's ok. Paramedics came rather quickly which was good - he couldn't even open his door.

Deer in Hamilton? the fuckin deer are invading True North. Next you know the moose gonna be at Dundas.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-06-27 14:15:26

I'm digging the new massive. The presets showcase a variety of styles, not just wubwub. Of course the real fun is creating your own patches. I especially like the improved comb filter, for semi realistic guitars and strings.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-07-02 00:07:22

At 6/26/19 09:29 AM, SSJ3-Goku4567 wrote:
At 6/26/19 08:35 AM, Mich wrote:
...you just did?

I see. Sorry for the misinterpretation, then. I couldn't think straight last night. Regardless, either he was setting up an ironic joke, or he's an unfortunate soul who genuinely believes his own madness.

I see you you performed the classic technique of isolating a sentence and then extrapolating a narrative to it without purveying the rest of my comment. Generating an argument and posting ad hominem attacks when context was twisted and misconstrued. To single out a statement of truth. One where I could have elaborated and expanded upon, but chose not to, is not bragging nor literal irony. It's for the shame of yourselves that you immediately reacted with malice and vindictiveness. If you bothered to engage in a more forthright debate, I would happily have entertained you. Alas, what you confirmed to me was my initial observations. A group of self aggrandising individuals with an utter disregard for what has gone before and only has self serving interests. You vilify rather than engage and disenfranchise new talent. I'm sure I'll hear more pithy arguments from you all. Look within yourselves first and fix this place up.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-07-02 03:38:46

At 7/2/19 12:07 AM, pitbulljones wrote:
I see you you performed the classic technique of isolating a sentence and then extrapolating a narrative to it without purveying the rest of my comment. Generating an argument and posting ad hominem attacks when context was twisted and misconstrued. To single out a statement of truth. One where I could have elaborated and expanded upon, but chose not to, is not bragging nor literal irony. It's for the shame of yourselves that you immediately reacted with malice and vindictiveness. If you bothered to engage in a more forthright debate, I would happily have entertained you. Alas, what you confirmed to me was my initial observations. A group of self aggrandising individuals with an utter disregard for what has gone before and only has self serving interests. You vilify rather than engage and disenfranchise new talent. I'm sure I'll hear more pithy arguments from you all. Look within yourselves first and fix this place up.

Hmmm...

To the point though...if you really wanna make a difference, don't blame pretentious n00bs, like me I guess, and then leave it to us to look within and 'fix this place up' oops there's your irony again. Also, I would suggest interacting with the villains in real life that disenfranchise new talent, because the first thing you'll find out is that it takes a lot less vocabulary and much more action than a forum could ever produce. If you really care about exposing talent, you'd be investing that language for a better opportunity. Otherwise, you're just as self-serving as me, yearning for a time past when you felt more relevant and didn't have to share the site with as many users.

Trust that I, if not a whole lot, of the users here don't feel the same as you in some capacity. But, I was once as pessimistic and formulated as your responses. And then, I moved to Los Angeles, one of the biggest villains in the world, to actually meet people and educate myself by raw experience...and one big lesson I've learned, that sounds too simple, is that no one wants to listen to a griper.

Poor NG, and any new person trying it out, doesn't need your two-cents of 'thIS sUCks'

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-07-03 21:38:37

How come nobody responds to reviews these days? I've been exclusively reviewing 'new' the last couple of weeks and there's barely a peep from anyone. I'd have thought 'new' would be a worthwhile venture but it seems a lot of posters don't care. Strange.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-07-04 14:15:11

At 7/3/19 09:38 PM, pitbulljones wrote: How come nobody responds to reviews these days? I've been exclusively reviewing 'new' the last couple of weeks and there's barely a peep from anyone. I'd have thought 'new' would be a worthwhile venture but it seems a lot of posters don't care. Strange.

People just lazy to respond. I don't even bother to review anymore

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-07-16 10:40:55 (edited 2019-07-16 10:41:49)

y'know, i noticed recently that forum activity (hell, even around the site in general) has slowed down quite a bit

what's up with that?

edit: never mind, I0TA just answered my question lol

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-07-22 15:38:55

At 6/20/19 09:32 PM, Chron-amut wrote:
At 5/17/19 11:46 PM, ambivalentinquire wrote:
At 5/17/19 11:45 PM, ambivalentinquire wrote:
At 5/13/19 07:04 PM, IoTheEternal wrote: So my partner got in an accident yesterday morning - hit a deer full on - car was totaled, has whiplash, swelling of the spine, possible minor concussion, but overall miraculously he's ok. Paramedics came rather quickly which was good - he couldn't even open his door.

He went to the chiropractor today and they told them they basically have to start back at square one - did some adjustments, told him he can't work out for at least a couple weeks. He has a rental car at the moment - he has collision insurance but it's still gonna cost him 500 bucks.. poor guy.. but at least he's alive.

I always tell him he's too stubborn to die, although he really thought he was done for this time.. it was a big deer too, came outta nowhere and he couldn't slow down.

I am just glad he is alive and somewhat okay :(
You think thats bad, i have a broken finger.
Kangaroos in this country,,fly outa nowhere boom,,car totalled
Lol I just picture kangaroos flying through the air randomly..

and hey, is there any chance we can get the lounge to be stickied? I mean it was on page 3.. which kinda sucks.. This place used to always be busy back in the day.

Oh also I released a couple new albums to spotify - if you guys wanna check it out ;)

Other than that I just have been focused on increasing my art and music presence worldwide :) What's new with you guys? :)

ive hit a couple you hit them at speed mid jump its like they were flying

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2019-07-22 15:42:19

I asked a guy for some advice here and yje information he gave was incredible,,theres still good people about!