00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,446 Views | 34,321 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-01-23 10:32:44

At 1/15/17 06:32 AM, hyperrobotz16 wrote:
At 1/14/17 10:58 PM, UltraMX wrote: man... i feel like making a dubstep track, but they turn out unpleasant and very distorted. Any tips?
Start off making them very simple and use standard 140 tempo

I don't get the tempo limits for genre lol. Ugh, 140 is dubstep, then faster it becomes a new genre, drumstep... Despise being the same style.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-01-27 03:46:55

hey guys i wanna make shit music any tips

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-01-29 04:07:29

At 1/27/17 03:46 AM, Sequenced wrote: hey guys i wanna make shit music any tips

dude... no swearing or banter on Newgrounds. you're gonna get us all in trouble.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-01-29 15:29:50

At 1/29/17 04:07 AM, Ultramartyr wrote:
dude... no swearing or banter on Newgrounds. you're gonna get us all in trouble.

well fuck my bad @realfaction

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-01-30 20:34:29

Hey guys, I mainly just make music but I really want to fit in more with the community, so I decided to start by posting here. Hi everyone!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-01-30 21:21:15

At 1/30/17 08:34 PM, Evilgrapez wrote: Hey guys, I mainly just make music but I really want to fit in more with the community, so I decided to start by posting here. Hi everyone!

this thread is for shitposting only.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-01-31 02:54:56

At 1/30/17 09:21 PM, SnowTeddy wrote:
At 1/30/17 08:34 PM, Evilgrapez wrote: Hey guys, I mainly just make music but I really want to fit in more with the community, so I decided to start by posting here. Hi everyone!
this thread is for shitposting only.

not really. this thread is for relaxed conversation between musicians. you can shitpost if you don't spam, but if you wanna talk about how your day went, that's cool too.

welcome to the community @Evilgrapez.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-01-31 10:12:52

At 1/30/17 09:21 PM, SnowTeddy wrote: this thread is for shitposting only.

YES! This is my kind of playgrou-

At 1/31/17 02:54 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: not really. this thread is for relaxed conversation between musicians.

Oh.

Seriously though, thanks for the warm welcome! Excited to be more a part of the community.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-02 02:08:02

ive been on here for years and didnt know about a audio lounge lol

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-02 05:51:07

O hai everyone, I just discovered this lounge. Happy to be on NG, very ok site. Can't wait to make some more music for ya all, exams ain't good for music productivity

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-02 07:00:01 (edited 2017-02-02 07:00:18)

At 2/2/17 05:51 AM, mapsynth wrote: exams ain't good for music productivity

they actually are, I only have production mood when I have something "more important" to do

signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-02 07:10:58

At 2/2/17 07:00 AM, 5TanLey wrote:
they actually are, I only have production mood when I have something "more important" to do

This is actually a very good point, sir.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-02 10:34:49

procrastination rules!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-02 12:27:19

At 2/2/17 10:34 AM, SnowTeddy wrote:
procrastination rules!

This ^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-03 10:36:08

well i will just drop this right here. what do you think??

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/726446

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-04 12:17:31

At 2/2/17 05:07 AM, NekoMika wrote:
At 1/29/17 04:07 AM, Ultramartyr wrote:
I do not recall when swearing or banter was banned, lmao

according to Sequenced there is no swearing or banter allowed, i just wanna be on the safe side.

At 2/3/17 10:36 AM, FlameThekami wrote: well i will just drop this right here. what do you think??

i think you should read the FAQ stickied at the top of the forum or lurk for a bit.

on that note, @Mich is there any chance of just putting the really simple, frequently broken rules right at the top of the forum, like as the title of a sticky or a banner? people have been ignoring the rules stickies for their first posts since i became active in the forums in 2011 and i'm sure before that. people just don't read the rules, it doesn't happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-04 19:47:17

At 2/4/17 12:17 PM, Ultramartyr wrote:
according to Sequenced there is no swearing or banter allowed, i just wanna be on the safe side.

its a joke after getting @realfaction pissed off over stupid shit lol

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-05 08:34:38

At 2/3/17 10:36 AM, FlameThekami wrote: well i will just drop this right here. what do you think??

This thread isn't for audio advertisements, but I'm gonna leave a review anyway. Don't get excited. I didn't intend to until it became apparent you're actually trying. I came wondering what exactly was against the rules that you had to cut out of that track.

Please lurk before you post. There are threads for this stuff.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-05 22:23:02

At 2/4/17 07:47 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 2/4/17 12:17 PM, Ultramartyr wrote:
its a joke after getting @realfaction pissed off over stupid shit lol

i know why you put it in your banner. i'm being a cheeky bloke.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-06 04:02:09

At 2/4/17 12:17 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: on that note, @Mich is there any chance of just putting the really simple, frequently broken rules right at the top of the forum, like as the title of a sticky or a banner?

Unfortunately forum moderators can't actually sticky threads on NG. I don't know if people would read the rules more if they were in a sticky thread than if they are a button right next to "create new topic" though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-06 06:26:07 (edited 2017-02-06 06:28:57)

At 2/6/17 04:02 AM, Mich wrote:
At 2/4/17 12:17 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: on that note, @Mich is there any chance of just putting the really simple, frequently broken rules right at the top of the forum, like as the title of a sticky or a banner?
Unfortunately forum moderators can't actually sticky threads on NG. I don't know if people would read the rules more if they were in a sticky thread than if they are a button right next to "create new topic" though.

lemme clarify, i meant put the actual rules on the main page of the audio forum, not a link to them. like have a sticky with the title "This is how you advertise audio", etc. it seems more direct than "Read the rules!", even though that is pretty direct. just spitballing. it could be the case that nothing will work.

although upon a further minute of reflection, the audio adverts thread is always pretty fresh and high up the forum anyway. meh. maybe a popup when you click the create topic button? idklol

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-06 21:49:13

In my experience people just pop in and drop shit in the first thread that catches their eye. I don't know what would work, if anything. I've just resigned myself to point people in the right direction time and time again. First timers often have no idea what to look for when they dive into our community anyway. @Ultramartyr @Mich

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-07 04:31:43

At 2/6/17 09:49 PM, EDM364 wrote: In my experience people just pop in and drop shit in the first thread that catches their eye. I don't know what would work, if anything. I've just resigned myself to point people in the right direction time and time again. First timers often have no idea what to look for when they dive into our community anyway. @Ultramartyr @Mich

Yeah I think that's just the best you can do; this stuff happens on all forums out there. In any case, it's not like some new comers posting in the wrong place ruins the forum or anything.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-07 21:33:31 (edited 2017-02-07 21:34:17)

At 2/6/17 09:49 PM, EDM364 wrote: In my experience people just pop in and drop shit in the first thread that catches their eye. I don't know what would work, if anything. I've just resigned myself to point people in the right direction time and time again. First timers often have no idea what to look for when they dive into our community anyway. @Ultramartyr @Mich

i think no matter how big you put the rules, there will always have some people who are inclined to break it, so they could advertise their stuff, even if their track worth a single view/download/vote/review.

edit, why not banhammer them?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-08 03:30:53

At 2/7/17 09:33 PM, SnowTeddy wrote:
i think no matter how big you put the rules, there will always have some people who are inclined to break it, so they could advertise their stuff, even if their track worth a single view/download/vote/review.

edit, why not banhammer them?

banning them would be counter productive. we don't want to scare off a new user and that would probably do it. the only reason i brought all this up is i figured there had to be a better way to get rules across to new users so there aren't 2 or 3 misplaced threads/posts every day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-02-08 22:15:31

At 2/8/17 03:30 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: banning them would be counter productive. we don't want to scare off a new user and that would probably do it. the only reason i brought all this up is i figured there had to be a better way to get rules across to new users so there aren't 2 or 3 misplaced threads/posts every day.

Right. It gets old, but as @Mich pointed out, it's not "ruining the forum" for everyone. At best, you might actually start some discussion. At worst, they just drop their shit and never come back.

On another note, I'm looking into upgrading my laptop's RAM. I'm getting to the point in my projects that 4 GB on a Lenovo T410 is just not enough to sustain a 6.5 minute project with some 30 tracks and hundreds of FX total. Looking for 2 4 GB SODIMMs of DDR3 as cheap as possible (since I'm virtually broke). Everything I can find seems to be upwards of 30 dollars per stick though, sadly.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-03-02 22:06:25

Finally found the lounge on the third page. Geez it's like everybody got jobs and kids and stuff to do now days or sumthin'.

Anyway Ned Luberecki is releasing an album with a remake of Girl From Ipanema on it. read about it here

I heard it on the bluegrass station on siriusXM on my way home from worship team practice and was tickled that bossa nova was being played with bluegrass instruments. Can't find it on Youtube yet, though.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-03-12 23:20:33

Daylight savings time started for us in Canada today. Damn we lost an hour of sleep. Well so it goes..

How is eveyone else doing?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-03-13 02:18:36

At 3/12/17 11:20 PM, B16 wrote: Daylight savings time started for us in Canada today. Damn we lost an hour of sleep. Well so it goes..

i'm in Michigan, Murica and ours was yesterday. i work third shift and the clocks changed over at 2am, so we worked one less hour that day. perks of being a night owl.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2017-03-13 04:27:04

At 3/12/17 11:20 PM, B16 wrote: Daylight savings time started for us in Canada today. Damn we lost an hour of sleep. Well so it goes..

Decent, spent way too much time playing Zelda this weekend. Beautiful game though.

I'm in UK but our work meetings are on US time, so until the UK catches up with summer time later this month, our daily "standups" are an hour early for me.

Other than that, starting driving lessons this week, I'm looking forward to it. I had driving lessons back in Belgium in 2011 but never passed my test. I'm only now getting around to getting on the road again.

At 3/13/17 02:18 AM, Ultramartyr wrote: i'm in Michigan, Murica and ours was yesterday. i work third shift and the clocks changed over at 2am, so we worked one less hour that day. perks of being a night owl.

Ha, sweet deal there.