BBS Signature
lasse
lasse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-15 19:36:00 Reply

so while eating spaghetti at my computer desk, i had a droplet of spaghetti sauce fall on my leg (calf since my leg was over the other) Now i had a HARD time finding where that drop of sauce fell since it blended in with the rest of my P. so i'm sitting here swiping my finger all over my leg trying to find where it fell and i'll i'm finding are my P spots. lol this momemnt just gave me a good laugh.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-15 22:01:48 Reply

At 4/15/13 07:01 PM, FairSquare wrote: happy birthday to me

no one loves you

lel

BBS Signature
BrCz
BrCz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-15 22:27:49 Reply

At 4/15/13 07:36 PM, lasse wrote: so while eating spaghetti at my computer desk,

Why are you eating spaghetti at your computer desk in the first place?

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-16 02:55:27 Reply

At 4/15/13 04:31 PM, MrSaint wrote: Cock log

Lock cog

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-16 03:02:12 Reply

hbd fair

Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-16 06:16:25 Reply

At 4/15/13 10:01 PM, Sequenced wrote:
no one loves you

I love me

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 03:22:03 Reply

FUN.

The more I listen to their Album the more I realize that pretty much every song is awesome. Way to go FUN. for giving me hope for music again.

I usually consider liking 3 songs from any one album a success but I like at least 7 of the 11 tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINbOr32tiU

</gushing>

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 12:03:56 Reply

At 4/17/13 03:22 AM, krssvr wrote: FUN.

FUN. is gay.

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 12:34:12 Reply

At 4/17/13 12:03 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 4/17/13 03:22 AM, krssvr wrote: FUN.
FUN. is gay.

I thought that was the case as well.

BBS Signature
JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 14:39:09 Reply

At 4/12/13 05:40 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 4/12/13 10:41 AM, JJM121 wrote: So my final exams just got over today...and with it the 4 years of my engineering course. Time to partay. :D

Can't say how glad I am to put all the projects and assignments and everything else behind me. It was just a total pain. But there are fun moments to remember.

I haven't been able to get a job yet though. But keep trying right? :>
Congrats! I hear engineers are always in demand, I'm sure you'll get a job soon.

When you consider how many people in this country pass colleges with an engineering degree though....yeah. Not good at all.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 16:26:54 Reply

FUN

Another pop group. My opinion: if your a fan of the Beetles and Michael Jackson, why not like fun?

When I first moved out to Cali the guy that worked in the lobby of my building would listen to fun everyday. Still listens to it from time to time. It's not what I would listen to in my free time but I've developed a sort of romantic attachment to it because it reminds me of my initial moments out here in Cali. Every time I hear fun I think about the people I've met and the crazy times. It makes me happy c:

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 17:03:21 Reply

At 4/17/13 04:26 PM, Quarl wrote: FUN

Another pop group. My opinion: if your a fan of the Beetles and Michael Jackson, why not like fun?

Go home drunk

lel

BBS Signature
krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 19:31:58 Reply

FUN. is gay.

C'mon boozy can't you put away your hipster glasses for just a second and admit they actually make good music even if not to your taste? I know you listen to the only the manliest and sexually secure music around but still, this is a much needed breath of fresh air in the Pop world.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
alternativesolution
alternativesolution
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-17 22:50:46 Reply

At 4/17/13 04:26 PM, Quarl wrote: When I first moved out to Cali the guy that worked in the lobby of my building would listen to fun everyday. Still listens to it from time to time. It's not what I would listen to in my free time but I've developed a sort of romantic attachment to it because it reminds me of my initial moments out here in Cali. Every time I hear fun I think about the people I've met and the crazy times. It makes me happy c:

Certainly some music has that effect, I love it when due to your current setting or point in life, or anything really, you're able to develop a sort of attachment to a song. Of course it's possible to hate a song for that very same reason...

not getting pissed off at all right now

------->>> Post a random word ------->>>New gons

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 01:30:13 Reply

fun is definitely in my top 5 radio bands.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 01:32:59 Reply

fun is definitely in my top 5 of radio bands

frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 01:43:01 Reply

I say screw fun. Their latest album was completely dumb. Aim and Ignite was great.

Listen to the Format, they were brilliant. Basically Nate and this guy Sam Means going buck wild on an orchestral, jazzy, rag time, pop album that you can actually appreciate since it wasn't tainted with a bunch of mainstream copouts writing techniques.

Still, happy that they are a well known group now. But I play the hipster card.

Listen to the musique. Music a Universal Language.
I'm available for guitar/composition/FL Studio Mastery lessons via Skype, all levels accepted. I love to teach.

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 08:16:17 Reply

At 4/18/13 01:43 AM, frootza wrote: the hipster card.

I never really understood exactly why people get so much satisfaction out of listening to bands most others haven't heard of. Listening to obscure music doesn't actually equate to having superior taste, y'know? I mean, I guess it's cool to be able to introduce people to music they haven't heard, but there's no real reason to feel like you're above someone for sharing with them.

I don't have a problem with hipsters, I just don't understand their angle.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 10:28:46 Reply

At 4/17/13 07:31 PM, krssvr wrote:
FUN. is gay.
C'mon boozy can't you put away your hipster glasses for just a second and admit they actually make good music even if not to your taste? I know you listen to the only the manliest and sexually secure music around but still, this is a much needed breath of fresh air in the Pop world.

Tbh, it's just because of their song 'We Are Young' that I don't like them. That song is a fucking earrape IMO, and because it was the first song of FUN that I heard I immediatly developed some hatred against them. Soz

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 10:44:25 Reply

TBH I think Fun. isn't really a good band. Hell, I think most modern indie/mainstream bands are pretty bad.
No, I'm not a hipster.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 11:19:17 Reply

At 4/18/13 08:16 AM, SuperBastard wrote: I never really understood exactly why people get so much satisfaction out of listening to bands most others haven't heard of. Listening to obscure music doesn't actually equate to having superior taste, y'know? I mean, I guess it's cool to be able to introduce people to music they haven't heard, but there's no real reason to feel like you're above someone for sharing with them.

It's different to everyone I think. I think it's nice to just discover new and actually good music. Some of the obscure bands are a lot more original and interesting than the "mainstream" bands. A lot of people feel the same to a certain degree. I think the word hippster once meant someone who was aware of the current developments in the world of art. Only it the last couple of years it became used as a negativity by people who were jealous or annoyed by people who were more connected to art than they were. They were weird and scary, because they didn't just like the mainstream things everyone was "supposed" to like. On top of that the annoyance was fueled by people who like to act different because they like to feel better than everyone else. That becomes more and more the standard among hipsters. The "new wave" hipsters that only listen to music no one else knows so they can pretend to be more aware and thus, in their minds, better than ordinary people. And some people just like to be hated. They want to be part of a group they know isn't appreciated, so they will receive negative attention. Just my view.

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 11:31:41 Reply

At 4/18/13 11:19 AM, SourJovis wrote:
At 4/18/13 08:16 AM, SuperBastard wrote: I never really understood exactly why people get so much satisfaction out of listening to bands most others haven't heard of. Listening to obscure music doesn't actually equate to having superior taste, y'know? I mean, I guess it's cool to be able to introduce people to music they haven't heard, but there's no real reason to feel like you're above someone for sharing with them.

the annoyance was fueled by people who like to act different because they like to feel better than everyone else. That becomes more and more the standard among hipsters. The "new wave" hipsters that only listen to music no one else knows so they can pretend to be more aware and thus, in their minds, better than ordinary people.

This is what I was saying I don't really get. Sure it's great to listen to fresh sounds from artists who aren't influenced by mainstream music, but to think it makes you better than someone who doesn't share your mentality just makes no sense. Maybe they think of it as some kind of hidden knowledge or enlightenment that only they can achieve, or something.

frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 12:33:10 Reply

I'm not a hipster, but I did write a thesis paper on hipsters.

It's disheartening when this series of events happens in this order...

1. You find an underground artist, and enjoy them for a year +
2. This band gets signed to a major label and gets big promo (no problem here, good for them! Yay!)
3. Everyone knows about said artist now (also, yay cool!)
4. Mainstream fans now love said artist, and claim to have been listening to them since they first formed (Boo! You are a liar you don't know them! What the hell bro?)

It's this false ownership that really grinds my gears, and probably yours too. But, it is pretty much unavoidable.

I'm available for guitar/composition/FL Studio Mastery lessons via Skype, all levels accepted. I love to teach.

BBS Signature
BrCz
BrCz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 13:31:03 Reply

At 4/18/13 12:33 PM, frootza wrote: I'm not a hipster, but I did write a thesis paper on hipsters.

It's disheartening when this series of events happens in this order...

1. You find an underground artist, and enjoy them for a year +
2. This band gets signed to a major label and gets big promo (no problem here, good for them! Yay!)
3. Everyone knows about said artist now (also, yay cool!)
4. Mainstream fans now love said artist, and claim to have been listening to them since they first formed (Boo! You are a liar you don't know them! What the hell bro?)

It's this false ownership that really grinds my gears, and probably yours too. But, it is pretty much unavoidable.

I don't see how this "false ownership" bothers you. If you enjoy the music you enjoy the music. Why would you care about what everyone else says? I'd only be bothered if the band started releasing songs of lesser quality as a product of their going mainstream.

frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 13:42:37 Reply

At 4/18/13 01:31 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 4/18/13 12:33 PM, frootza wrote: I'm not a hipster, but I did write a thesis paper on hipsters.
I don't see how this "false ownership" bothers you. If you enjoy the music you enjoy the music. Why would you care about what everyone else says? I'd only be bothered if the band started releasing songs of lesser quality as a product of their going mainstream.

Do you care when someone acts deceitful just to seem like they have good musical taste? It is just this pathological lying.

It would be a different story if people admitted that they found the band after they seen the MTV video.

But people lie and say "Yeah I started listening them before they even made their first album." which is often a lie! (If you know these people personally, they are Taylor Swift fans)

I'm just explaining a social phenomenon which bothers a lot of people.

BBS Signature
BrCz
BrCz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 13:48:35 Reply

At 4/18/13 01:42 PM, frootza wrote:
Do you care when someone acts deceitful just to seem like they have good musical taste? It is just this pathological lying.

It would be a different story if people admitted that they found the band after they seen the MTV video.

But people lie and say "Yeah I started listening them before they even made their first album." which is often a lie! (If you know these people personally, they are Taylor Swift fans)

I'm just explaining a social phenomenon which bothers a lot of people.

Nope. It's a "good for you" or "congratulations champ" reaction from me. I said it before, I only care about the music and not about when some random dude claimed to start listening to said band. Does listening to a band before someone else did make you special? If you've been supporting a band since it's earlier years you should be more than content to have supported them since the beginning, and helped them grow, right.

frootza
frootza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 13:57:26 Reply

At 4/18/13 01:48 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 4/18/13 01:42 PM, frootza wrote:

Nope. It's a "good for you" or "congratulations champ" reaction from me. I said it before, I only care about the music and not about when some random dude claimed to start listening to said band. Does listening to a band before someone else did make you special? If you've been supporting a band since it's earlier years you should be more than content to have supported them since the beginning, and helped them grow, right.

Did you skip over my first post? I made sure to emphasize that it is great if the band gets promo and exposure. The only issue here is when people lie about it.

Does it make someone special? In a way, yeah, it does because if I was supporting them from the beginning, what gives random dude the right to claim that he has been supporting them from the beginning if he actually hasn't?

Let's say that someone who had never heard of Newgrounds in their life started claiming that they heard of xKore when he first started making music. Would you call them out on it? Or tell them "congrats"?

I would call them out and say, "No you haven't he started on the Newgrounds Audio Portal ya dingus."

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-04-18 14:36:48 Reply

At 4/18/13 01:57 PM, frootza wrote: Did you skip over my first post? I made sure to emphasize that it is great if the band gets promo and exposure. The only issue here is when people lie about it.

who cares people lie about stuff all of the time.

Does it make someone special? In a way, yeah, it does because if I was supporting them from the beginning, what gives random dude the right to claim that he has been supporting them from the beginning if he actually hasn't?

this is the kind of psychotic reasoning that causes artists to hate their fans.

Let's say that someone who had never heard of Newgrounds in their life started claiming that they heard of xKore when he first started making music. Would you call them out on it? Or tell them "congrats"?

maybe they were friends on MSN or maybe he heard xKore through another newgrounds user? and even if he was lying about it, it really doesn't matter.

I would call them out and say, "No you haven't he started on the Newgrounds Audio Portal ya dingus."

congratulations on making life harder and more awkward for yourself and anyone else that happens to be near you.