New Topic Respond to this Topic
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 17:15:02 Reply

So, I skimmed the last page, and all I got out of it was something about "Tiny cocks".

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 17:17:08 Reply

At 3/10/13 01:42 PM, la-yinn wrote: What use does feeling tiny have when you're trying to express your creativity?

What use does creativity have if no one else can appreciate it because you're so tiny? I'm gonna dieeee heahuehauehaehauhuheaauh!!!!

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 18:22:45 Reply

At 3/10/13 01:42 PM, la-yinn wrote:
At 3/9/13 10:59 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 3/9/13 10:42 PM, ZipZipper wrote: The best days are when you sit down, fart, and think "wow there's ten flabgillion musicians out there!" I'm like byeee
I know that feel man, being so tiny.
Then maybe get over the impression you have the world in your backyard.

Tsk... Dude, you don't have humor. No fun.

Ya, it's a nice dream to take in your spot on the world stage but srsly just focus on the having fun part. What use does feeling tiny have when you're trying to express your creativity?

It's called, being modest. Feel of being tiny is a way to have self control and self improvement.

Stop being a frog from the well, la-yinn, because you just got stepped over by a cow (love the story).

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 19:37:10 Reply

At 3/9/13 08:10 PM, YouriX wrote: Phew! Has been a long time since i was here! Did i miss anything? I kinda missed you guys! xD

You never miss anything on this site except a few new faces. Meanwhile, the older ones get wrinklier.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 19:38:33 Reply

At 3/10/13 07:37 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 3/9/13 08:10 PM, YouriX wrote: Phew! Has been a long time since i was here! Did i miss anything? I kinda missed you guys! xD
You never miss anything on this site except a few new faces. Meanwhile, the older ones get wrinklier.

I'm not wrinkly!

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 20:01:32 Reply

Where do you guys go for your piano sheets/music tabs? It always seems like nobody has what I want. Im looking for Terras theme from FF6 but I keep finding versions where the creator decided to fuck with the introduction or missed some notes. Im looking for a legit version, terras theme. Someone has to have the tab, but the bastards just dont feel like sharing.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-10 21:53:40 Reply

At 3/10/13 12:33 PM, xIIInon wrote: Hey guys! I just thought there are so many Linux users here... I mean, I installed Ubuntu on my laptop a couple of years ago or maybe more and I've always liked it this way. I even installed GIMP on my Windows OS but music - don't you feel restrained somehow? Or you simply dual-boot for different tasks?

Yeah, I've been running Ubuntu for about a year now, and Kubuntu for a while before that. But I still dual-boot with Windows because I'm so used to running FL Studio for music, and for running various other programs that will only run on Windows. And I haven't really found anything that I liked for DAWs for Linux anyway.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-11 03:32:42 Reply

OK so I visited the general forum and I mean how in the world do people still visit the forum and how do they get here it's just incredible man like woah

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-11 06:12:25 Reply

At 3/11/13 03:32 AM, Buoy wrote: OK so I visited the general forum and I mean how in the world do people still visit the forum and how do they get here it's just incredible man like woah

I sometimes make that mistake too. It's a weird place. Then I go over to the programming forum and it's just another guy who didn't see the note about actionscript questions going in the flash forum, and another guy who doesn't get that php runs on the server and javascript on the client.

Also, </scotland_holiday>. Back to work!

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-11 12:18:12 Reply

!!!! I think my computer is too old version to play Epic Battle Fantasy 4 !!!!
SO MUCH CRYING help I'm gonna dieeeeee

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-11 12:26:04 Reply

At 3/11/13 12:18 PM, ZipZipper wrote: !!!! I think my computer is too old version to play Epic Battle Fantasy 4 !!!!
SO MUCH CRYING help I'm gonna dieeeeee

Your computer can't run a flash game? wat.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-11 12:31:23 Reply

At 3/11/13 12:26 PM, Braiton wrote: Your computer can't run a flash game? wat.

Well, I'm still trying to figure it out...every browser I've used here on this site just ends up with the game being a white screen. Tried to play it on Kongregate, and it told me to update my flash player, and I did. But I went back and it said the same thinggg sooo...yep. I'm thinking since my Mac is 10.5 then I can't do crap? I dunno. Anyways...byeeee!!!! *jumps*

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-11 23:10:59 Reply

Soo..
COCK

The Audio Forum Lounge

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 01:35:50 Reply

At 3/11/13 11:10 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Soo..
COCK

My cock is fine. Thanks. How's yours?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 02:44:34 Reply

Random Note of the Day

I have come to the conclusion that website coding is a talent I do not possess.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 02:52:54 Reply

At 3/12/13 02:44 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Random Note of the Day

Theres always dreamweaver....or god forbid....wix

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 02:57:30 Reply

At 3/12/13 02:52 AM, Breed wrote:
At 3/12/13 02:44 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Random Note of the Day

Theres always dreamweaver....or god forbid....wix

I've been debating downloading something of the sort if for no other reason but to test out changes before I put them on my live site... suppose it'd help me learn what I can and can't do as well... But first, I need to find a better FTP Client... Filezilla is refusing to let me download my site so I can work on it offline... Disconnect after disconnect after disconnect after disconnect.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 04:32:34 Reply

lol that reminds me I should pop in once in a while and say hi. :P

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 09:31:31 Reply

At 3/12/13 04:32 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: lol that reminds me I should pop in once in a while and say hi. :P

LONG TIME NO SEE, BRO

STILL DRINKING THAT SCOTCH WHISKEY, EH?

no all capzzzz
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 10:32:24 Reply

Hey cool, Reason 7 was just announced

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 14:51:55 Reply

At 3/12/13 10:32 AM, SineRider wrote: Hey cool, Reason 7 was just announced

My head exploded into a horrible array of colours and wires

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 19:10:31 Reply

That's cool... Now who's going to give it to me?

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-12 19:40:08 Reply

I like the spectrum analyzer window, with the new equalizer. Wasn't a fan of the previous one. Have to see how much better this one works in practice, but it already looks like you have more control. I also like the midi out support. Wonder how well it works with my hardware. Should upgrade.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-13 09:41:31 Reply

This covers most of the features the guys on the Propellerhead forum have been begging for for a decade. I gave up about 2 years ago, lol

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-13 09:53:06 Reply

And still no VST support.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-13 10:11:36 Reply

At 3/13/13 09:41 AM, Buoy wrote: This covers most of the features the guys on the Propellerhead forum have been begging for for a decade. I gave up about 2 years ago, lol

Better late than never, I suppose?

At 3/13/13 09:53 AM, Step wrote: And still no VST support.

Did you really expect them to? I mean I think Rack Extensions are the closest thing we're going to get. Personally, the whole VST support never really bothers me. If I want to use them I just pull up Live and rewire.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-13 10:27:40 Reply

At 3/13/13 10:11 AM, SineRider wrote: Did you really expect them to? I mean I think Rack Extensions are the closest thing we're going to get. Personally, the whole VST support never really bothers me. If I want to use them I just pull up Live and rewire.

Yeah this is why reason is totally not the DAW for me. I cannot imagine making music without my VSTs. Reason's racks may be great, but if Reason doesn't give me the ability to hop on the Internet and download an awesome free VST or fork out some money for something as incredible as Omnisphere or East/West, without buying yet another DAW and rewiring, then yeah I'll steer clear and stick to FL.

But that's just me. I'm the type who likes getting new sounds, editing them a little and using them more than making my own with the plugins offered to me. While I love the idea of making my own, I'm not very good at it and having an orchestral background I'm more used to just browsing through a bigass library and picking the sounds I want. And no matter how big Reason's libraries are, I'm sure I'll always feel the need to expand to new VSTs.

What's the big deal with adding VST support anyway? I know it must be easier said than done but frankly it really limits Reason and if anyone else out there is like me, it must put other people off buying it :(.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-13 10:39:01 Reply

At 3/13/13 10:27 AM, Step wrote: What's the big deal with adding VST support anyway? I know it must be easier said than done but frankly it really limits Reason and if anyone else out there is like me, it must put other people off buying it :(.

It's not that they haven't come around to it, they have actively chosen not to support it. One of their employees has written a thorough explanation of their reasoning:

Part 1
Part 2

IMO that is rock solid. If you don't like it you can use a different DAW, which you already do.

SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-13 10:44:53 Reply

At 3/13/13 10:27 AM, Step wrote: What's the big deal with adding VST support anyway? I know it must be easier said than done but frankly it really limits Reason and if anyone else out there is like me, it must put other people off buying it :(.

I didn't mean to say I'd be against it, but I think the limiting nature of it helps me really focus on the music I'm making. I know all the tools in Reason's rack almost in and out, and I can create what I hear in my head no problem. I have a workflow that's very different from when I use Live, Logic, or Pro Tools. It's all nice and contained which makes it easy to share from computer to computer as well.

I don't mean to come off as Reason is the end all DAW or something radical like that, but I think it has it's place just like FL and Live and whatever else does too. Each DAW has different strengths and weaknesses, it's all about which works for you.

Gonna check out that article Buoy posted too, haven't read it.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-03-13 12:05:01 Reply

forgot the last part, also it's a bit outdated since what they call Record got adapted into the next version of Reason and they have added more expandability since