00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,782,901 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-13 12:51:20

Anyone else going?

The Audio Forum Lounge

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-13 18:21:22

What's your guys' stance on giving uncompensated permission for commercial use of music you already made?
With "Credit" promised, that is.

I know there's varying opinions on this, and I've yet to make up my mind definitively.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-13 19:15:38

At 9/13/14 06:21 PM, LunyAlex wrote: What's your guys' stance on giving uncompensated permission for commercial use of music you already made?

I know there's varying opinions on this, and I've yet to make up my mind definitively.

I don't let anyone use my music for commercial purposes unless I'm getting paid for it. At least it's extremely rare I allow it.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-13 19:46:01

At 9/13/14 06:21 PM, LunyAlex wrote: What's your guys' stance on giving uncompensated permission for commercial use of music you already made?

I allow it if it's for an existing piece of mine as you said, since what do I have to lose by giving someone something I already made? I guess it's me being a little cheap and disrespectful towards my own work, but it doesn't bother me much; I generally let it slide.

Naturally, for custom work, if they're getting paid then I think it's only fair I get a share too :p.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-13 20:01:34

i usually say yes unless the project is something i don't want to be commercially associated with

slightly relevant fact: there's a video on youtube of someone unironically playing with bratz dolls which has my music in it. hooray.

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-13 20:13:50

At 9/13/14 08:01 PM, midimachine wrote: slightly relevant fact: there's a video on youtube of someone unironically playing with bratz dolls which has my music in it. hooray.

Speaking of slight relevance, one of my tracks is featured in a nail polish tutorial video. Whoopee.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-14 04:38:21

Some of my tracks are featured in a weight loss montage video AND a makeup video. Even saw one of my songs in a "how to build an ikea desk" video XD

Just a random idiot

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-14 06:57:49

At 9/13/14 08:13 PM, Step wrote:
At 9/13/14 08:01 PM, midimachine wrote: slightly relevant fact: there's a video on youtube of someone unironically playing with bratz dolls which has my music in it. hooray.
Speaking of slight relevance, one of my tracks is featured in a nail polish tutorial video. Whoopee.

Someone picked up one of my songs for music to their black magic tutorial videos.

So suitable.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-14 07:10:27

At 9/14/14 06:57 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Someone picked up one of my songs for music to their black magic tutorial videos.

So suitable.

Someone used my track(s) for: 2 Minecraft video, some Half-Life 3 conspiracy bullshit, and some Flash game involving tomatoes.

Yep.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-14 12:31:22

At 9/14/14 12:17 PM, Braiton wrote: Someone used a song of mine for their food/vegetable preparing tutorial.

\m/

Such a hardcore tutorial.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-14 22:15:18

At 9/14/14 12:51 PM, Braiton wrote: Nah, it's actually pretty relaxing haha :d

\m/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-16 07:50:28

Cry plays Corpse party pt 16 is probably the most viewed video containing my music, at 450,000 views.

Russ money also uses my music sometimes and is fairly popular.

I just ordered ATHM50x's, I've tried them before, amazing headphones.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-16 12:44:22

I can't say anyone professional has used anything I did... Not yet anyway.

I felt like poking in here and saying hi. How is everyone? Good, I hope. I've been enjoying my "weekend". I don't work at my book shop on Mondays and Tuesdays, so I call it as such. (Though I do work independently at my own business, I can still have fun over there.)

Currently taking a small break from experimenting with audio, making my own loops and samples.

Yeah, I've joined the WNG crew now. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-18 01:07:26

I couldn't begin to explain my life at the moment but this image is pretty accurate.

The Audio Forum Lounge

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-18 09:19:20

At 9/18/14 01:07 AM, Quarl wrote: I couldn't begin to explain my life at the moment but this image is pretty accurate.

as long as you got that coffee

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-18 10:12:34

At 9/18/14 09:19 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 9/18/14 01:07 AM, Quarl wrote: I couldn't begin to explain my life at the moment but this image is pretty accurate.
as long as you got that coffee

I just made a nice cappuccino actually. My brother and his wife left me in charge of the nephew so I'll need all the coffee I can get. He already had to get some stitches on his chin for an old wound he reopened. It's not even 12 yet. Lucky me it happened under his moms watch. I probably would have told him to suck it up and handed him a beer.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-20 06:19:29

Back to the bachelor life

Yesterday I broke up with my girlfriend of one year and 3 months. For the last months we've been argueing every day about the smallest things (like my t-shirt not matching my jeans and shit) and yesterday I just decided to put a stop to it. She also consumed all of my spare time, if you'd compare the amount of songs I uploaded before and after we started dating you could see how bad it was. I just couldn't bare it anymore.
And don't get me wrong, it's not all her fault. When we started dating I was so in love I did everything for her. I never had a girlfriend before and I needed her so much in my life that I decided to do everything she needed and much more than that. Eventually I grew tired of it right when she got used to it, and that's when everything got messed up. We argued every day, everywhere, about everything.
I never told my friends or parents about it, not because I was ashamed of it but because I didn't want to bother them with my relationship problems. But I imagine that if I had done it my friends would've told me to break up almost a year ago already. Our arguments weren't those 'healthy' arguments you always hear about, they were horrible and could keep me traumatized for days. Most of the arguments ended with 'we're breaking up' and somebody getting kicked out (usually me) and after a few hours I would get a call if I could 'please come back'. Yesterday was the same, but this time I'm not going back. I'm gonna choose myself for once. I still love her and probably will for a long while, but this really i the end for us.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-20 07:51:52

@LiquidOoze

good on ya mate sounds like you made the right decision - I think eternal sunshine of the spotless mind portrays relationships perfectly - but you should just try and remember the good times you had even though the bad times seem easier to remember.

@SilverFoxJams

hey man haven't noticed you before hope you're good :)

What do you guys do when you've run out of creativity? I usually go sample hunting/creating or practice some sound design - makes my time a little more productive even when I can't make a song

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-20 17:52:31

LiquidOoze: It was for the best that the relationship ended. That had to be a lot of negativity going on. Love is tough, and complicated sometimes, even though it shouldn't be! It is a long story on what I've gone through, so I'll sum it up by saying that the guy who loved me was someone I couldn't love back. We were just too different.

AeroMusic: Hey there. Yeah, I used to be a long time lurker around NG, so I've had my account for a few weeks! I've been doing my various instrumentals on and off for years. Feel free to see some of the many I have completed, both old and new.

Oh, and Sequenced, my honest mistake on the Review for a Review thread. I intend to try to be a better reviewer, so I'll know better next time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-21 21:41:15

Played a set of improvised ambient music earlier today. It was my first time doing ambient music live and it was pretty fun. Show was in a old run down chapel; sounded really nice with all the hard surfaces and reflections.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-21 22:41:39

At 9/21/14 09:41 PM, SineRider wrote: Played a set of improvised ambient music earlier today. It was my first time doing ambient music live and it was pretty fun. Show was in a old run down chapel; sounded really nice with all the hard surfaces and reflections.

Why didn't u play my bleeps and bloops :c

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-22 03:31:29

probably the best drum hits on earth
https://www.samplemagic.com/details/120/drum-hits

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-22 18:11:19

I've just listened to Syro, latest aphex twin album, it took me 7 hours to unfold the cd cover, but it was worth the wait^^

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-25 04:51:53

ello.co

who's on it?
add me: @midimachine

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-25 10:03:11 (edited 2014-09-25 10:03:25)

Wow.

EDIT: We have an EDIT BUTTON.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-25 12:31:33 (edited 2014-09-25 12:34:30)

At 9/25/14 10:03 AM, Step wrote: Wow.

Yeah man I just saw Tom's post, gonna check it out immediatly!

Edit: holy crap this is awesome

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-25 15:08:36 (edited 2014-09-25 15:09:18)

At 9/25/14 01:10 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 9/25/14 12:38 PM, etelik wrote: aaaand the audio forum is back. Party Hard!
Yea, seems the update accidentally locked all but bbs mods, audio mods, and staff out.

Soz... I got tired of all your shenanigans and decided to lock the entire forum for a while.

Edited for the sake of editing.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-25 17:42:41

At 9/25/14 10:03 AM, Step wrote: Wow.

An edit button, yay! We needed that.

I was also wondering why I couldn't access any topics on the Audio forum a while earlier. Glad that wasn't only me who experienced it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-25 17:46:35 (edited 2014-09-25 17:46:47)

At 9/25/14 05:42 PM, SilverFoxJams wrote: An edit button, yay! We needed that.

Just checking if the edit button is still awesome.

...Yep. still awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2014-09-25 17:55:04 (edited 2014-09-25 17:57:36)

At 9/25/14 05:46 PM, Step wrote:
At 9/25/14 05:42 PM, SilverFoxJams wrote: An edit button, yay! We needed that.
Just checking if the edit button is still awesome.

...Yep. still awesome.

Haha, indeed! I think it's going to stay there, too.

By the way, Step, I got started on my own Windows Sounds Project, using strictly sounds from three Windows computers I have at home and work for melodies and some FX. I just want to say thank you for inspiring me. ;)

EDIT: I had to. :P Just for the sake of first doing so!

BBS Signature