Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 891,543 Views
  • 35,876 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 02:20 AM Reply

At 2/4/13 09:25 PM, SineRider wrote: Bummer, my laptop is in for repair :c The gpu died on me

luckily it's covered by warranty

External backups?


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 02:22 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 02:20 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 2/4/13 09:25 PM, SineRider wrote: Bummer, my laptop is in for repair :c The gpu died on me

luckily it's covered by warranty
External backups?

quarl i love u


lel

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 02:30 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 02:22 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 2/5/13 02:20 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 2/4/13 09:25 PM, SineRider wrote: Bummer, my laptop is in for repair :c The gpu died on me

luckily it's covered by warranty
External backups?
quarl i love u

I've had a few hard drives fail on me. It got to the point where I NEEDED a reliable external. The last one I had was spinning disk school. Broke before I ever had the chance to use it. New external is solid state mem <3 <3


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 04:07 AM Reply

I really need to find the time to see a doctor to check my ears...

Maybe next week, during the Chinese New Year holidays...oh wait.
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 05:28 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 04:07 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: I really need to find the time to see a doctor to check my ears...

Maybe next week, during the Chinese New Year holidays...oh wait.

My ears are already destroyed thanks to years of band rehearsals, concerts, festivals and raves. I found out after visiting a doctor due to tinnitus. I feel old.

A recommendation to all you young people who still have good ears: Use ear plugs for loud concerts, rehearsals etc. I never wanted to, and now I have the hearing of a 50 year old rockstar.

On the other hand, I live near an US air base, and I can sleep well without waking up as those planes no longer annoy me. It's also easier to ignore my girlfriend now.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 09:49 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 05:28 AM, wandschrank wrote: A recommendation to all you young people who still have good ears: Use ear plugs for loud concerts, rehearsals etc. I never wanted to, and now I have the hearing of a 50 year old rockstar.

I recently started using ear plugs at rehearsals. Should've done that way earlier.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 09:52 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 09:49 AM, FairSquare wrote:
At 2/5/13 05:28 AM, wandschrank wrote: A recommendation to all you young people who still have good ears: Use ear plugs for loud concerts, rehearsals etc. I never wanted to, and now I have the hearing of a 50 year old rockstar.
I recently started using ear plugs at rehearsals. Should've done that way earlier.

Protecting your ears late in the game sounds like a theme. 90% of producers and musicians are in some way shape or form deaf.

I used to fuck my ears too. Now I have hearing aids.

:OLOLOLOLOL ZING!!!!!


Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 10:47 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 02:20 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 2/4/13 09:25 PM, SineRider wrote: Bummer, my laptop is in for repair :c The gpu died on me

luckily it's covered by warranty
External backups?

The HDD is fine, it was just a problem with the gpu, so whenever I did anything graphical intensive, it would crash and I'd have to restart. I do have backups of all my important stuff on an external HDD and some other stuff on a flash drive.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 11:25 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 10:47 AM, SineRider wrote:
The HDD is fine, it was just a problem with the gpu, so whenever I did anything graphical intensive, it would crash and I'd have to restart. I do have backups of all my important stuff on an external HDD and some other stuff on a flash drive.

Glad to hear. Nothing is scarier than watching your life's work fizzle away in an instant of sad confusion followed by days of regret and binge drinking.

Every time I lose data I wake up in a ditch hung over covered in my own vomit.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 09:52 AM, Quarl wrote: Protecting your ears late in the game sounds like a theme. 90% of producers and musicians are in some way shape or form deaf.

I used to fuck my ears too. Now I have hearing aids.

OLOLOLOLOL ZING!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL

But seriously, i don't think my hearing is damaged yet. Maybe a little bit.
So it's not too late :3


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 04:56 PM Reply

Am I the only one who wonders whatever happened to the first 4 Mambo's?


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
MilkyChocolate
MilkyChocolate
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 05:01 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 09:52 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 2/5/13 09:49 AM, FairSquare wrote:
At 2/5/13 05:28 AM, wandschrank wrote: A recommendation to all you young people who still have good ears: Use buttplugs for loud concerts, rehearsals etc. I never wanted to, and now I have the hearing of a 50 year old rockstar.
I recently started using buttplugs at rehearsals. Should've done that way earlier.
Protecting your ears late in the game sounds like a theme. 90% of producers and musicians are in some way shape or form deaf.

I've never actually done that. I prefer my music at reasonable volumes. Like, quiet enough to talk over, even.

huehuehue

: "Sorry, but 'FUCK.als' already exists"

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 05:49 PM Reply

i feel alone


lel

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 06:04 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 09:52 AM, Quarl wrote: Protecting your ears late in the game sounds like a theme. 90% of producers and musicians are in some way shape or form deaf.

One of the reasons I mix on low volume. A world-renowned mixing engineer (Chris-Lord Alge?) says he mixes on such low volume, that if somebody in the same room was typing, it'd throw him off. If it sounds good quiet, there's a very good chance it'll sound good loud! Doesn't always work the other way around though.

Of course, you need to make sure your track sounds good loud, but the majority of the time mixing should be spent listening on mid-low volume.

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 04:56 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Am I the only one who wonders whatever happened to the first 4 Mambo's?

so deep

At 2/5/13 05:49 PM, Sequenced wrote: i feel alone

lets feel alone together


Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM Reply

Battlestar Galactica

I cannot get enough of this show. I'm watching it through for the second time, and it's still fantastic.

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 05:49 PM, Sequenced wrote: i feel alone

I know that feel. I'm pretty lonely nowadays too.

I hate vacations.


| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 01:13 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 08:55 PM, Chrausner wrote:
At 2/5/13 05:49 PM, Sequenced wrote: i feel alone
I know that feel. I'm pretty lonely nowadays too.

I hate vacations.

i hate valentines day


lel

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 01:40 AM Reply

At 2/6/13 01:13 AM, Sequenced wrote:
i hate valentines day

Because you can't get a girl?


| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 01:40 AM Reply

At 2/6/13 01:40 AM, Chrausner wrote:
At 2/6/13 01:13 AM, Sequenced wrote:
i hate valentines day
Because you can't get a girl?

well it's more like

i know if a girl is interested in me

but then the next day its like NOPE


lel

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 02:31 AM Reply

At 2/6/13 01:40 AM, Sequenced wrote:
well it's more like

i know if a girl is interested in me

but then the next day its like NOPE

How many times did that happen?


| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
garlagan
garlagan
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 07:06 AM Reply

Well i just found out you can check new reviews at the newgrounds homepage. I feel stupid, all this time clicking track by track lolleoleol
Also, this cig tastes like cake. Someone explain, now


123456789

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 08:48 AM Reply

At 2/6/13 07:06 AM, garlagan wrote:
Also, this cig tastes like cake. Someone explain, now

Well I'm somehow doubt your cig gained consciousness and became a vape.....but if it did, thistaste like cake batter and can be inhaled for nicotine.....so yeah. Ive actually had it and its fucking delicious.

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 10:18 AM Reply

I'm trying out Ableton Live 9 Beta right now, and I instantly fell in love with Live. Again. This is just insane. I can hum in a melody and convert it to midi notes within seconds, or beatbox and convert it to notes, and it is very accurate. Plus great new effects.

SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 03:40 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 10:18 AM, wandschrank wrote: I'm trying out Ableton Live 9 Beta right now, and I instantly fell in love with Live. Again. This is just insane. I can hum in a melody and convert it to midi notes within seconds, or beatbox and convert it to notes, and it is very accurate. Plus great new effects.

Downloading the beta now :) Thanks for reminding me!

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 10:18 AM, wandschrank wrote: I'm trying out Ableton Live 9 Beta right now, and I instantly fell in love with Live. Again. This is just insane. I can hum in a melody and convert it to midi notes within seconds, or beatbox and convert it to notes, and it is very accurate. Plus great new effects.

Ah, cheers for letting me know about this!

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 02:31 AM, Chrausner wrote:
How many times did that happen?

Too many times to make me not try anymore.


lel

Lachi
Lachi
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 07:06 AM, garlagan wrote: Well i just found out you can check new reviews at the newgrounds homepage. I feel stupid, all this time clicking track by track lolleoleol

seriously?
holy fuck you're right.
that's because i faved the audio homepage, not the general one...


SUCK MY KICK

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 05:51 PM Reply

Something inspirational:
http://vimeo.com/21339058

Composer Zack Hemsey talking music, studio, getting in movie trailers and major games...

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 11:22 AM Reply

I listen to my headphones at 20% volume. Sometimes I put it on 15%
I never understood why anyone needed anything loud.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature