Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,165,439 Views
  • 37,341 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-23 06:16:02 Reply

Sequenced, you look like my former biology teacher when you don't have hair.

and trust me, he was BADASS. He taught a few of my classmates how to talk meme

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 47
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-23 12:22:44 Reply

Went clubbing for the first time

Yep, I never really went clubbing/partying before yesterday. We went to Ministry of Sound in London, where there was a sweet line-up in the "box" (main room): Chicane, Roger Shah, and M.I.K.E. (aka Push, Plastic Boy). I mostly went to finally see M.I.K.E. We stayed out there from 10.30pm until about 6.30am, which is ridiculously long.

M.I.K.E. was definitely the best of the bunch, Chicane was a bit of a letdown.

I was wearing my Digitally Imported shirt, and got thumbs up from 3 people for it, including M.I.K.E. himself, which was pretty rad. Managed to get close enough to the stage to get a high five from him too. </fanboy>

Anyway, a good night has been had, and now my legs are in an awful state, plus my hearing will be a bit limited for a couple of day. Next time, ear protection.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-23 20:11:10 Reply

Awesome band alert

Clickclickclick.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-23 20:45:18 Reply

At 2/23/13 12:22 PM, Mich wrote: Went clubbing for the first time

unless you're trying to get laid with random ladies, its more of a concert/event lol.

:P

SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-23 20:47:59 Reply

At 2/23/13 08:11 PM, Step wrote: Awesome band alert

Clickclickclick.

If you like that, check out this band

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-23 21:34:38 Reply

At 2/23/13 08:47 PM, SineRider wrote: If you like that, check out this band

Wow. Just wow.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 01:32:25 Reply

At 2/23/13 08:47 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 2/23/13 08:11 PM, Step wrote: Awesome band alert

Clickclickclick.
If you like that, check out this band

you have bad taste in music


lel

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 02:18:55 Reply

things to look forward to in 2013

2007 runescape is back. I feel like a carefree kid again.
gi
i'm getting 2 hours+ of piano practice a day and i'm memorizing a lot of music from it.

ironman 3 is coming out.

my child hood bff girl (from spain) is visiting me and we're like "this will be our year" and we both miss each other tons.

i will start hosting underground trance parties in abandoned buildings over the summer.

<3 you all


lel

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 02:46:02 Reply

At 2/24/13 02:18 AM, Sequenced wrote: my child hood bff girl

lol ghey

AHAHAHA HAHAHA hahaha hahaha...*sniff* ;(
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 03:24:39 Reply

At 2/24/13 02:46 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 2/24/13 02:18 AM, Sequenced wrote: my child hood bff girl
lol ghey
AHAHAHA HAHAHA hahaha hahaha...*sniff* ;(

nope

there will be sex


lel

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 08:41:36 Reply

At 2/24/13 03:24 AM, Sequenced wrote:

there will be sex

Sure.

PYROMANCERband
PYROMANCERband
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 09:36:57 Reply

Hey newgrounders. I just wanted to pop in and say that I hope you will find yourself sharing enjoyable moments with the new music I'm posting/will be posting soon. It is my dream of dreams to hear these songs in flash games so if anyone wants to use something please let me know :). Also, if you already have a game or concept for a game in the works I would love to work with someone on an original soundtrack for their project. Please give my tracks a listen. Thanks!

The Audio Forum Lounge


Click image to obtain audio.

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 10:37:56 Reply

At 2/24/13 01:32 AM, Sequenced wrote: you have bad taste in music

What makes you say that?

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Member since: May. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 12:06:32 Reply

At 2/24/13 02:18 AM, Sequenced wrote: things to look forward to in 2013

2007 runescape is back. I feel like a carefree kid again.
gi
i'm getting 2 hours+ of piano practice a day and i'm memorizing a lot of music from it.

ironman 3 is coming out.

my child hood bff girl (from spain) is visiting me and we're like "this will be our year" and we both miss each other tons.

i will start hosting underground trance parties in abandoned buildings over the summer.

<3 you all

There's also PAX East... :P I'm hosting a video game music composing/production workshop this year


<Professional Audio Specialist>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 12:06:34 Reply

At 2/24/13 10:37 AM, SineRider wrote:
At 2/24/13 01:32 AM, Sequenced wrote: you have bad taste in music
What makes you say that?

it was a joke


lel

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 13:06:13 Reply

Coffee Really Works

Damn, I've been working on this school project due tomorrow for nearly 40 hours straight, and I'm STILL wide awake. Espresso works miracles.

Too bad it tastes terrible.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 13:20:11 Reply

At 2/24/13 12:06 PM, deadlyfishes wrote:
There's also PAX East... :P I'm hosting a video game music composing/production workshop this year

Oh shit, who else is going to PAX East? I'll be there.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 13:36:25 Reply

At 2/24/13 01:06 PM, Step wrote: Coffee Really Works

Damn, I've been working on this school project due tomorrow for nearly 40 hours straight, and I'm STILL wide awake. Espresso works miracles.

Too bad it tastes terrible.

drugs are bad for you mmk


lel

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 13:58:12 Reply

At 2/24/13 01:36 PM, Sequenced wrote: drugs are bad for you mmk

You hear that, kids?

*sips espresso*

Don't do drugs!

*sips some more espresso*


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 14:03:59 Reply

At 2/24/13 01:58 PM, Step wrote:

*sips some more espresso*

step why is it that
when i visit malta two years ago
you didn't tell me you were in malta
why


lel

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 15:08:27 Reply

Just me and my friend Sequenced, chilling in Skype, reminiscing about some old shit

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 15:33:34 Reply

I want my world back
As a child, rainbow was a colorful phenomenon that you could like. Later on, after studying the religious meaning, rainbow (according to Old Testament) become the symbol of forgiveness.
Now, if I want to express childhood purity or forgiveness everybody would (or will) understand it as a gay symbol only.

Recently, on a music forum, the word "fagot" and "fagott" were banned regardless that in most of the languages this means bassoon. So, if you are a musician on a music forum and you use Italian terms, as they are the standard (piano, forte, allegro, staccato, rubato...etc), you can't define a music instrument because the word might be offensive to gay people...

Reminds me of the case when a guy who was born in Africa and then moved to US was kicked out of a school because he defined himself as an African-American and was too white for that.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 17:04:27 Reply

At 2/24/13 03:33 PM, sorohanro wrote: (piano, forte, allegro, staccato, rubato...etc)

RITARD.


BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 17:24:30 Reply

At 2/24/13 03:33 PM, sorohanro wrote: I want my world back
As a child, rainbow was a colorful phenomenon that you could like. Later on, after studying the religious meaning, rainbow (according to Old Testament) become the symbol of forgiveness.
Now, if I want to express childhood purity or forgiveness everybody would (or will) understand it as a gay symbol only.

i agree 100% with you, i hate political correctness.

But your use of the word "gay" is in conflict with what you just said.

the word gay has only referred to homosexuals the past 20 or 40 years.

You can start solving the issue by using proper nomenclature for everything, detached from popular standards.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 19:57:41 Reply

i don't understand.. someone else posted in this thread but itt's still jpbear.

wat do


lel

BBS Signature
sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 19:57:55 Reply

By any circumstance my comment wasn't meant as a negative thing to gay people, just two examples that by chance share a slice of human culture.
I have same rant about using green (in Romania if you would wear green, many people would take it as a political or ethnic statement), orange (same thing in ex-soviet countries) or violet.
Guess that Hindu culture has a similar rant about swastikas, Celtic people about cross... etc... etc...

At 2/24/13 05:24 PM, jpbear wrote: You can start solving the issue by using proper nomenclature for everything, detached from popular standards.

Well, this seems as a solution... sort of.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 20:11:41 Reply

At 2/24/13 07:57 PM, sorohanro wrote: By any circumstance my comment wasn't meant as a negative thing to gay people, just two examples that by chance share a slice of human culture.
I have same rant about using green (in Romania if you would wear green, many people would take it as a political or ethnic statement), orange (same thing in ex-soviet countries) or violet.
Guess that Hindu culture has a similar rant about swastikas, Celtic people about cross... etc... etc...

Words and phrases are a target of negative connotations. I sometimes imagine how silly it would be to have a word or phrase that is commonplace today then become ruined with some demeaning or rude connotation in the future. We'll be all like "yeah remember when we could say yolo whenever we wanted? Too bad now it means someone who died of cancer..."

It's all relative! <3

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 20:18:34 Reply

At 2/24/13 03:33 PM, sorohanro wrote:
Reminds me of the case when a guy who was born in Africa and then moved to US was kicked out of a school because he defined himself as an African-American and was too white for that.

Oh yeah I remember that. He listed himself as African American on an exam and the teacher told him to change it and he said no because he's an American from Africa and he ended up getting suspended.


At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 20:58:58 Reply

At 2/24/13 08:18 PM, Envy wrote:

Oh yeah I remember that. He listed himself as African American on an exam and the teacher told him to change it and he said no because he's an American from Africa and he ended up getting suspended.

America. wat do


lel

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-02-24 21:20:09 Reply

At 2/24/13 08:58 PM, Sequenced wrote: America. wat do

If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?


BBS Signature