New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 05:17 PM Reply

Epic video. Make sure you watch till the very end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7pYHN9iC9I

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 05:47 AM Reply

At 1/28/13 10:41 AM, sweet21 wrote:
At 1/28/13 08:10 AM, jarrydn wrote: they have the internet on phones now
It's not particularly any good though.

This largely depends on the phone you're using, how good a job the web developer did at making the site responsive, and a combination of how heavy the site is terms for data to be downloaded and your phone internet speed.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 09:44 AM Reply

*I don't really know where to post this (it probably belongs in the Video Game BBS section), but I'm freaking paranoid when starting up threads, so I guess I'll just ask you cool folks.*

I'm planning to save up loads of cash (don't we all), and I'm intending that (hopefully) by the end of this year/sometime next year, I'm gonna get myself either a new handheld system or a new console.

Right now, these are the candidates:
Nintendo DS (or the 3DS, I don't know)
Playstation Portable (or the Vita)
A PS3
A Wii U

Is there anything I should expect from these systems? (E.g. big releases, sales, how not-suck it is, etc.)

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 1/29/13 09:44 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: I'm planning to save up loads of cash (don't we all), and I'm intending that (hopefully) by the end of this year/sometime next year, I'm gonna get myself either a new handheld system or a new console.

Get whatever you want. I got a Wii U because I have faith that Nintendo will bring good games to it. Plus Nintendo has good first party games that I eventually want to play and this :d
Most of the stuff that calls my attention from other consoles I can play on PC so yeah that's it. Anyway it's your decision.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 11:37 AM Reply

Im kinda freakin' out here. I've always had ringing in my ears, but it was barely noticable. Only if things were quiet, really really quite. About two weeks ago when I was trying to go to sleep it all of a sudden got louder. I don't know why. I've been looking it up, maybe its an ear infection. So im going to go get some medicine.
Maybe i'll set up an appointment for an audiologist to make sure it isn't hearing loss.

It's become so noticeable I can hear it even while playing a game or listening to music, unlike before. I really do hope its just an ear infection.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 12:15 PM Reply

Gaming system breakdown:

PC & 360 -- Hardcore gamers ( MLG is mostly on these )
PS3 -- Home entertainment system ( great for media playback and other not gaming things )
Wii -- Family gamers ( great for small house parties or being more active )
PSP/DS -- Mobile gamers (either can't afford a smartphone or tablet, or wanting specific games on the go )

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 09:44 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Right now, these are the candidates:
A PS3
A Wii U

Is there anything I should expect from these systems? (E.g. big releases, sales, how not-suck it is, etc.)

If you're going to get a Nintendo handheld, may as well get the 3DS, it's dropped in price since release, and it can play all the DS games... so there's really no reason to not get it... Not to mention there are a lot of good games coming to the 3DS soon (Fire Emblem: Awakening, Etrian Odyssey 4, Monster Hunter 3... just to name a few).

Personally, I'd pass on the Vita, there's really not much for games on it, and apparently it didn't sell very well in Japan (I.E. Sony homeland)... and that doesn't bode well for new games.

Personally, in terms of consoles, I have a 360, PS3, and a Wii (As well as my PC, which is built for gaming/music production, a lot of people don't really count a PC as a "console" though). Of the 3, I most enjoy the games (and the reliability) of the PS3... it has better exclusives (In my opinion), it has a better variety of games (In my opinion), and the online model doesn't burn a hole in your pocket just so you can play online (I'm looking at you, Micro$oft).

I know nothing of the Wii U though... I've heard it's decent... but I haven't really been following it at all.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 11:37 AM, sweet21 wrote: It's become so noticeable I can hear it even while playing a game or listening to music, unlike before. I really do hope its just an ear infection.

Get it checked out, bro!

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 11:37 AM, sweet21 wrote: It's become so noticeable I can hear it even while playing a game or listening to music, unlike before. I really do hope its just an ear infection.

Tinnitus

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 11:37 AM, sweet21 wrote: Im kinda freakin' out here. I've always had ringing in my ears, but it was barely noticable. Only if things were quiet, really really quite. About two weeks ago when I was trying to go to sleep it all of a sudden got louder. I don't know why. I've been looking it up, maybe its an ear infection.

Had that too, due to an ear infection. It always comes back in stressful situations. At least I can now hear my own aggression.. because I start hearing that ringing as soon as I start getting angry. :p

And now for something completely different - Time for some German Culture Lesson by wandschrank!

I present to you - Das Modul! Long live the 90s!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQih9F2Th10

sweet21
sweet21
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 06:01 PM, krssvr wrote:
Tinnitus

Thats what its been pointing to, but tinnitus is a symptom not a disease itself. Which means this is being cause by something else. Im just hoping its not hearing loss. But given the circumstances it happened it should be the case. Still, I want it checked out.

But...I thought EVERYONE has ringing in their ears. I was told this and i've asked people and they all responded positively. It's barely noticeable in most cases, its so quiet you can't hear it, even in a quiet room unless you focused on it. This was always the case with me. I've had it since I was 5 or something.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 06:31 PM, sweet21 wrote: it should *NOT* be the case.

This is what I meant.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:37 PM Reply

you guys should play soldier front with me

lel

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 08:39 PM Reply

But...I thought EVERYONE has ringing in their ears. I was told this and i've asked people and they all responded positively. It's barely noticeable in most cases, its so quiet you can't hear it, even in a quiet room unless you focused on it. This was always the case with me. I've had it since I was 5 or something.

Well, did you have lots of stress within the last weeks? This is often the reason for such health problems.

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 29th, 2013 @ 09:55 PM Reply

At 1/29/13 09:44 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
I'm planning to save up loads of cash (don't we all), and I'm intending that (hopefully) by the end of this year/sometime next year, I'm gonna get myself either a new handheld system or a new console.

I hate video games. Sarcasm intended.

Right now, these are the candidates:

I have 2 DSlite systems and they're alright if you want to play multiplayer games whilst on a trip or at outside places with friends. Get the 3DS if you're gonna buy this kind of thing. Mario, Pokemon, etc

I played a few games on both the PSP and the PSV before, but the appeal isn't that strong. Sure, some alright-quality soccer games and some other shit, but would not recommend.

A PS3

YES, I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY GAMES EXIST ON IT BUT GET THIS SHIT YOW

A Wii U

No comment. I already broke my Wii and I'm too poor to buy a Wii U, thus I'm unable to have a say.

But now that you've reminded me of video games, I've thought about VG for a short while and came to the conclusion that there's no point of playing video games. It might be a biased point of view.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 04:07 AM Reply

Thanks for the suggestions, guys (and girls, if there was any)!

Though to tell you the truth, I'm more leaning towards getting handhelds (namely the PS Vita or the PSP) because:

1) just in case of travels
2) MONSTER HUNTERRRRR
3) PERSONA 4 GOLDENNNNNN

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 04:17 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 04:07 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: PERSONA 4 GOLDENNNNNN

Seems Persona 4 Golden is the only reason to own a Vita at this point. (Monster hunter is on (3)DS as well)

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 04:53 AM Reply

Holy shit, what an opportunity!

chevronrock
chevronrock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Voice Actor
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 09:43 AM Reply

I consider myself a Medium-core gamer, playing 10-20hrs a week my personal take on the industry:

Nintendo: hates hardcore gamers, they want chumps with lots of disposable income to re-buy every game and system they make, mostly for short attention spans and grandparents that want to spoil - that said I've owned every Nintendo console at some point, the staples (Metroid, Zelda, Smash Bros and Mario) are the only ones I ever want to play - the rest is mostly disposable candy crap.

PSP/Vita: no use for these as I work for a living, all my gaming is done at home. I had a PSP when I had loads of downtime a few years ago and it was great as they have many more full-length console quality games than Nintendo (I admit they have some), but not entirely my bag anymore. The Vita has MUCH better graphics than anything Nintendo can offer if that's a priority...

PS3: This is me. Everyone I know that owns a PS3 is an adult with a job and enjoys playing 90% single-player. The PS3 has all of the mainstream games as 360, and MUCH better and more plentiful first party/console specific games like Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, Gran Turismo (360 has HALO, Forza, and Gears) and free online mutiplayer. The system is AWESOME for multimedia uses as well, offers all VOD streaming services as well as network link to your PC. Easier and less restrictive to upgrade the HDD. some of the old Fat ps3's can play any PS1/PS2 games as well which i only utilized to a small degree... i also prefer the PS3's controller, its smaller and i think lighter...

360: In my experience the 360 is for tweens and adults that aren't adults... (thats it for my trolling...) 360 gets all the same mainstream games as PC/PS3 and they get a lot of DLC before anyone else. I say they have the better internet/multiplayer service (but it costs$) and I definitely envy the avatars. They offer access to all of the VOD services, their console specific games are of high quality but I say not enough variety or quantity therein.

To summarize:
Nintendo: great for kids or if you MUST HAVE Zelda, Metroid, Mario
PSP/Vita: great if you NEED a portable
PS3: for REAL adults, great as mutlimedia hub, if you're a real gamer you owe it to yourself to experience Uncharted and Resistance
360: for tweens/young at heart, if you must have Halo, Gears, Forza

Hope that expands your outlook, again, solely my opinion based on my experience... sorry if I offended anyone, but hey, this is Amurca!

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 11:29 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 09:43 AM, chevronrock wrote: To summarize:
Nintendo: great for kids or if you MUST HAVE Zelda, Metroid, Mario
PSP/Vita: great if you NEED a portable
PS3: for REAL adults, great as mutlimedia hub, if you're a real gamer you owe it to yourself to experience Uncharted and Resistance
360: for tweens/young at heart, if you must have Halo, Gears, Forza

lol

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 09:43 AM, chevronrock wrote: Nintendo: hates hardcore gamers, they want chumps with lots of disposable income to re-buy every game and system they make, mostly for short attention spans and grandparents that want to spoil - that said I've owned every Nintendo console at some point, the staples (Metroid, Zelda, Smash Bros and Mario) are the only ones I ever want to play - the rest is mostly disposable candy crap.

If you know where to look, this is not the case. Some of my favourite games are on the Wii, like Monster Hunter Tri and Okami. Other great Wii games include Donkey Kong Country: Returns, de Blob, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and so on.

Moreover, let's not diminish how good the main Nintendo titles like Mario, Zelda and Metroid are. Those franchises offer some absolutely brilliant games (and great music too), such as Metroid Prime Trilogy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and of course Super Smash Bros Brawl. Hell, for those franchises alone I think it's already worth buying a Nintendo console.

However, it is true that you're not exactly spoilt for choice, especially if you're gaming for something like 20 hours a week (but mind you, I've logged over 1000 hours on Monster Hunter Tri). You won't find many super-serious adult games like Halo/Assassin's Creed or full-blown open-world adventure games like Skyrim on Nintendo consoles, and more often than not the graphics are below-average at best.

I don't know much about the Wii U but what I do know is that all the people I know who have it think it's awesome, and some good games are coming out on that console too, such as the next Super Smash Bros game and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 12:07 PM Reply

I had a Wii and sold it to buy a SNES (I sold my old one at some time, which was stupid) and the most important games (Secret of Mana, Megaman, Wild Guns, Kirby etc.). This was the best investion ever.

I also have a PSP, a Xbox 360, a DS and so on, but I always end up playing computer instead. It just looks better, I prefer a mouse and a keyboard for shooters, I can still use my 360 controller. When friends visit and we decide to play video games, we end up playing SNES or N64 (Smash Bros., Mario Kart).. maybe some Castle Crashers now and then. It's annoying that I own around 20 Xbox games, but haven't played through one. I just can't motivate myself.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 02:09 PM Reply

@Step

Honestly, I bought the Wii only to play the first-party games, which kind of makes a Nintendo fan boy... And I ain't denying it, long live Nintendo, yay.

Didn't buy the Wii U though.

@wandschrank

Yeah, the SNES is truly an epic console and it has a fantastic library. Don't want to sound like a cheesy fuck, but the games made back then actually had more thought put into the game design. If you really have a SNES, I suggest that you get Zombies Ate My Neighbors. It's a fantastic game with a co-op mode.

Got my laptop back

Learned a lesson - never keep a full glass of liquid near your lappy, or else you may spill it and shit may happen

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 30th, 2013 @ 02:10 PM Reply

@wandschrank

Yeah, the SNES is truly an epic console and it has a fantastic library. Don't want to sound like a cheesy fuck, but the games made back then actually had more thought put into the game design. If you really have a SNES, I suggest that you get Zombies Ate My Neighbors. It's a fantastic game with a co-op mode.

Thanks, I'm always looking for coop games (that's why I love Wild Guns so much..). I just looked it up, it was released in Europe, too, but it's just called "Zombies" here. The full title was apparently too complex. :p Will get it asap.

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:01 AM Reply

Just throwing this out there. If you like these producers on facebook you get about 307mb worth of free plugins.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:11 AM Reply

Scotch

I had the pleasure of having a few glasses of Johnnie Walker Gold not long ago for the first time. It was excellent. Better than Blue, in my opinion.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:13 AM Reply

At 1/31/13 12:01 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: Just throwing this out there. If you like these producers on facebook you get about 307mb worth of free plugins.

Free stuff is always nice... I don't have any idea what's in the pack.. and I won't find out until tomorrow, cause I just got off work, and I open tomorrow... which means I've got 0 time tonight to do much of anything... But either way... free is nice.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 1/30/13 12:07 PM, wandschrank wrote: This was the best investion ever.

So which is it? Invention or Investment

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 02:48 AM Reply

At 1/31/13 12:37 AM, krssvr wrote:
At 1/30/13 12:07 PM, wandschrank wrote: This was the best investion ever.
So which is it? Invention or Investment

Both! Invention + Investment = Investion!

Concerning scotch: I tried Cardhu 12 yo Single Malt a few weeks ago. Quite interesting.. if you're into single malts.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 31st, 2013 @ 11:27 PM Reply

At 1/31/13 02:48 AM, wandschrank wrote:
Concerning scotch: I tried Cardhu 12 yo Single Malt a few weeks ago. Quite interesting.. if you're into single malts.

Can't say I've tried it. However, I am indeed into single malts, straight with no water/ice (blends usually don't do it for me). Glenfiddich or Glenlivet have are pretty high on my list of favorites. On a more practical level, Dewar's or Clan MacGregor will do just fine. :) considering I don't have a ton of money to throw down on scotch.