New Topic Respond to this Topic
SineRider
SineRider
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 12:52 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 09:23 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: It's not the end of the world, I still have VLC and Winamp for videos and music, it just sucks.

You could try out foobar2000 if you don't want to use winamp or WMP

I just built a new PC the other day and man it's nice having a fresh new system to work on :)

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

Christian Missionaries

they fucking piss me off. going to remote tribal places to preach about your god does not prove that he exists. you are just ruining the tribal culture that we have all lost.

i would still like to keep some of them around because their history is fascinating.

just stop it please.

lel

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 03:20 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 12:58 PM, Sequenced wrote:
i would still like to keep some of them around because their history is fascinating.

Nice try but most of those "real" tribes are long since gone. Industrialization kind of ruined it. You're about 100 years too late.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 08:57 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: My PC deleted WMP

Screw WMP. What is this? WIndows 95? :P

Use WinAmp / Foobar for your audio files, and VLC for everything else.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 05:00 PM Reply

Thanks for the music guys, you all have amazing taste.

At 1/5/13 05:58 PM, camoshark wrote: Here you go.

Technically impressive but it just stressed me out.

At 1/5/13 06:54 PM, SineRider wrote: heard this one last night, 2:10 is a pretty awesome moment

Love this. Funk often gets a bit "bitch look at my slap" but this was very pleasant and smooth.

At 1/5/13 10:44 PM, sweet21 wrote: I was born for this

Beautiful strings and fantastic arrangement, very good indeed. The vocals were a bit much.

At 1/6/13 12:17 AM, Braiton wrote: buu

oh shit this is amazing. It's like the best of jazz fusion with the good part of J-pop added in. Verged on stressing me out but it was a lot more melodic than camoshark's so I enjoyed it all. Reminds me of Hiromi Uehara

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 03:31 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 1/6/13 08:57 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: My PC deleted WMP
Screw WMP. What is this? WIndows 95? :P

Use WinAmp / Foobar for your audio files, and VLC for everything else.

I use iTunes.

*Raises blast shield*

Audio/BBS Mod
News: The Inevitability - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 05:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
I use iTunes.

*Raises blast shield*

BLAMMED! :P :P :P

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 05:09 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 1/6/13 05:06 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
I use iTunes.

*Raises blast shield*
BLAMMED! :P :P :P

Suppose if I used something else, I could actually listen to the FLACs I have...

... But then managing the music on my iPod would be a pain... Granted I rarely ever use my iPod these days... maybe I should put my music library in something else.

I'm open to suggestions.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 03:20 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 1/6/13 12:58 PM, Sequenced wrote:
Nice try but most of those "real" tribes are long since gone. Industrialization kind of ruined it. You're about 100 years too late.

there are a few left.

lel

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 05:43 PM Reply

Sometimes i really have to resist the urge to post on stupid status updates on Facebook.

''Someday you have to let go of the things you can't change''

THEN FUCKING DO THAT ALREADY INSTEAD OF MAKING 5 POSTS A DAY STATING (WITH THE USE OF 'DEEP' QUOTES) HOW MUCH YOU WANT YOUR BOYFRIEND BACK WEFRWEPLWEPRLWEPRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

/unfriend

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 05:43 PM, FairSquare wrote: ex-BOYFRIEND

fix'd

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 05:43 PM, FairSquare wrote:
THEN FUCKING DO THAT ALREADY INSTEAD OF MAKING 5 POSTS A DAY STATING (WITH THE USE OF 'DEEP' QUOTES) HOW MUCH YOU WANT YOUR BOYFRIEND BACK WEFRWEPLWEPRLWEPRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

/unfriend

FUCKING DEEP QUOTES, MATE, YOU JUST DON'T GET THEM! ALL THE HIP PEOPLES POST THOSE TO LET OTHERS KNOW ABOUT THE EMOTIONS!

I share your rage, FairySquare
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 08:10 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 1/6/13 05:43 PM, FairSquare wrote:

/unfriend
FUCKING DEEP QUOTES, MATE, YOU JUST DON'T GET THEM! ALL THE HIP PEOPLES POST THOSE TO LET OTHERS KNOW ABOUT THE EMOTIONS!

I share your rage, FairySquare

Haha, good. I just unfriend all annoying people on FB. Only 3 so far though, so it's not that bad.

BBS Signature
bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 6th, 2013 @ 11:11 PM Reply

At 1/6/13 12:58 PM, Sequenced wrote: Christian Missionaries

they fucking piss me off. going to remote tribal places to preach about your god does not prove that he exists. you are just ruining the tribal culture that we have all lost.

just stop it please.

You know, I think we should leave them alone too so we all can point and laugh when they try to control the weather with their dancing.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 12:30 AM Reply

to preach about your god does not prove that he exists. you are just ruining the tribal culture that we have all lost.

How dare you deny my existence?

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 12:34 AM Reply

Oh yeah - tribal culture! The culture where thousands would be sacrificed per year to satisfy their "gods". Fascinating, right? YOU BAD, BAD CHRISTIANS. HOW DARE YOU RUIN OUR CULTURE!

Fuck me dead.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 01:38 AM Reply

just stop it please.

From an objective view, cultures have always come and gone depending on their ability to survive and adapt.

deal with it.

Most missionaries since the "discovery" the Americas only helped they societies they encountered, and integrated themselves into the cultures they came to convert.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:06 AM Reply

At 1/7/13 12:34 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Oh yeah - tribal culture! The culture where thousands would be sacrificed per year to satisfy their "gods". Fascinating, right? YOU BAD, BAD CHRISTIANS. HOW DARE YOU RUIN OUR CULTURE!

Because christians never killed people. Burning pagans at the stake, crusades, ...

Organized religion generally brings more grief than anything. It teaches ignorance and hate.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:48 AM Reply

At 1/7/13 04:06 AM, Mich wrote: Because christians never killed people. Burning pagans at the stake, crusades, ...

Organized religion generally brings more grief than anything. It teaches ignorance and hate.

lolz

AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 10:00 AM Reply

At 1/7/13 04:48 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 1/7/13 04:06 AM, Mich wrote: Because christians never killed people. Burning pagans at the stake, crusades, ...

lolz

Only real kristchans are West Boro Baptist Church. Everybody else is doomed for hell according to them. Ghandi is burning right now. Morgan Freeman is going to burn. My gaping asshole is burning as we speak, damn those habaneros. But no, I respect Christianity as a whole when you're not an asshole about it and condemning people to hell by just looking at them.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 11:48 AM Reply

At 1/7/13 10:00 AM, AJtheRipper wrote: Only real kristchans are West Boro Baptist Church. Everybody else is doomed for hell according to them. Ghandi is burning right now. Morgan Freeman is going to burn. My gaping asshole is burning as we speak, damn those habaneros. But no, I respect Christianity as a whole when you're not an asshole about it and condemning people to hell by just looking at them.

I respect people's right to believe whatever they want. I don't necessarily respect the beliefs. And I do not condemn basing morality and actions to do with other people's rights and welfare on baseless beliefs.

You're free the believe as you will, but don't impede on others' happiness through it. If you do that you can fuck right off in my book.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Ooh, an Internet discussion on religion. I've never seen that one before.

At 1/7/13 11:48 AM, Mich wrote: I respect people's right to believe whatever they want. I don't necessarily respect the beliefs. And I do not condemn basing morality and actions to do with other people's rights and welfare on baseless beliefs.

You're free the believe as you will, but don't impede on others' happiness through it. If you do that you can fuck right off in my book.

This is pretty much my mindset too. What I also don't like is when people impose their religions on other people. I'm all for freedom of speech and whatnot but when you start almost forcing your religion on other people, then it gets irritating.

My reason for saying this stems most strongly from the fact that schools here force you to go to mass. Every Friday all the school is forced to go to mass regardless of their beliefs, and if we skip mass we risk getting a suspension. Some 'special occasion' masses take up to 2 and a half hours... and it was even worse back in secondary, we had to go to mass everyday!

I might be making a big deal over nothing but it's honestly boring listening to all that for someone who thinks it's all crap that cannot be scientifically proven, and nerve-wrecking to know that I could be doing so much more useful and fulfilling stuff for me than sit through those rituals and prayers that I know by heart now.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
AeroMusic
AeroMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:16 PM Reply

I can't see any new posts wahhh - is this just me?? last I can see is step from 3 hours ago :(

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:19 PM Reply

I think the last post was made by step, 3 hours ago.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 1/7/13 04:16 PM, AeroMusic wrote: I can't see any new posts wahhh - is this just me?? last I can see is step from 3 hours ago :(

Because I deleted a couple posts and the last post thing doesn't update when I do that.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 1/7/13 04:24 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/7/13 04:16 PM, AeroMusic wrote: I can't see any new posts wahhh - is this just me?? last I can see is step from 3 hours ago :(
Because I deleted a couple posts and the last post thing doesn't update when I do that.

how dar u u censorship lovin btard fuckin fag

lel

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 1/7/13 04:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: how dar u u censorship lovin btard fuckin fag

I censored nothing, 1 was a link to some foreign download site, and the other was the reply to it... of which he wanted deleted anyways.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 04:53 PM Reply

Does anybody here like metal? More specifically brutal death metal or "slam" death metal? I feel I might be wasting time posting any of my new stuff here as nobody will like it :*(

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 1/7/13 12:55 PM, Step wrote: Ooh, an Internet discussion on religion. I've never seen that one before.

At 1/7/13 11:48 AM, Mich wrote: I respect people's right to believe whatever they want. I don't necessarily respect the beliefs. And I do not condemn basing morality and actions to do with other people's rights and welfare on baseless beliefs.

This is pretty much my mindset too. What I also don't like is when people impose their religions on other people. I'm all for freedom of speech and whatnot but when you start almost forcing your religion on other people, then it gets irritating.

My reason for saying this stems most strongly from the fact that schools here force you to go to mass. Every Friday all the school is forced to go to mass regardless of their beliefs, and if we skip mass we risk getting a suspension. Some 'special occasion' masses take up to 2 and a half hours... and it was even worse back in secondary, we had to go to mass everyday!

I might be making a big deal over nothing but it's honestly boring listening to all that for someone who thinks it's all crap that cannot be scientifically proven, and nerve-wrecking to know that I could be doing so much more useful and fulfilling stuff for me than sit through those rituals and prayers that I know by heart now.

Yeah, that stuff annoys the hell (pun intended) out of me too. Children will believe anything an adult will tell them is fact, and do what they're told (basically). It's just how they work and what makes them survive. Adults then just abuse the mindless acceptance to feed them the religious dogma, rather than teaching the children how to think. Thereby completely misguiding and disadvantaging them. I'm fairly certain a lot less people would be theists if they didn't hear about any of those concepts before they were, say¸ 20 years old.

We should be teaching people how to critically analyze claims, require evidence, and dismiss any claims that can't be backed up whatsoever. We should be relaying the scientific facts that have been discovered, along with evidence and explanations on how the facts follow through from that evidence. This as opposed to teaching writings as fact from a millennia-old book that has been translated and modified countless times over that time.

I am totally okay with the bible an the quran and what have you being read in schools, so long as it is in a historical/cultural context. It would work as part of history classes on culture, that is, not using these books as actual accounts of history, but as a part of old culture.

Also, this is a little bit relevant, a video on open-mindedness, which discusses being critical of things.

asdf I could ramble about this stuff for ages
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Jan. 7th, 2013 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 1/7/13 12:55 PM, Step wrote:

I thought you were american for a second and was like, holy shit what is this is unconstitutionality.

Then i realized you were Maltese -__-

At 1/7/13 04:06 AM, Mich wrote:
At 1/7/13 12:34 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Oh yeah - tribal culture! The culture where thousands would be sacrificed per year to satisfy their "gods". Fascinating, right? YOU BAD, BAD CHRISTIANS. HOW DARE YOU RUIN OUR CULTURE!
Because christians never killed people. Burning pagans at the stake, crusades, ...

Except mayan and aztec cultures are praised while christianity has apologized countless times for their mindset a thousand years ago.

In elementary school in Texas we spent more time learning about native americans and their culture than all the other world cultures combined.