Offgore
Offgore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-12 22:12:50 Reply

At 5/12/09 08:59 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:

:NOT THE FUCKING ICE CREAM MAN.. SO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY OR I WILL RAPE YOU WITH MY BIKE!

that's nyc for ya. i've been there quite often. pretty crazy there. ;)

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-12 22:20:59 Reply

At 5/12/09 08:59 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:
by the way .. if your in NYC and you hear a bell.. look in the direction where the sound is coming from... its probly a biker coming right at you.. NOT THE FUCKING ICE CREAM MAN.. SO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY OR I WILL RAPE YOU WITH MY BIKE!

Do you deliver packages? I remember watching some videos of NYC's bike messengers. Crazy fuckers.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

ninjakoopa-33
ninjakoopa-33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-12 22:25:46 Reply

At 5/12/09 07:10 PM, Sungazer wrote: haha, I'm gonna call Rucklo, Rucklol for now on. :P
please ban him just for that :D

Rucklol?

Meh, I guess I'll call him that from now on. What's the harm? :P

by the way .. if your in NYC and you hear a bell.. look in the direction where the sound is coming from... its probly a biker coming right at you.. NOT THE FUCKING ICE CREAM MAN.. SO MOVE OUT OF THE WAY OR I WILL RAPE YOU WITH MY BIKE!

If I ever go to NYC, I'll be looking for you. You ain't gonna rape me with your bike!

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-12 22:26:03 Reply

Also, I just realized your in nyc. Take a bus out to east hampton some time. I can house you and we can collab on some projects/ hit up the world famous over rated beaches.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 01:38:57 Reply

At 5/12/09 10:12 PM, Sungazer wrote: That's nyc for ya. i've been there quite often. pretty crazy there. ;)

Thats why I prefer my mild, Kangaroo riding, Vegemite eating Australia <3

CelestOrion
CelestOrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 01:39:23 Reply

Well, I'll be playing around with Wagner Sharp, trying to get a feel for some guitars. Trying to step into other genres, but before I do, I'd like to cover some other songs before I start with anything original. Got any ideas for something with guitars, preferably game-related?

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 01:54:54 Reply

Hey Rucklo, if me and my ladyfriend end up moving out to the UK, you'll have to show us where all the wicked clubs are ;D.

DnB is fine, but how is the electro and breaks scene over there? Are there many clubs playing fidget house?

audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 02:19:32 Reply

So I Was Outrageously Bored.

And I was thinking. As I browsed the Art and Flash forums, Looking at two of Newgrounds most popular art forms. Obviously Audio is another biggie in the Newgrounds public. And, I was thinking how cool it would be to have a 'Audio Regulars' Collab sort of thing.

Now I honestly didn't go into much thought on it, But I think it could come out being quite interesting. It'd just take a bit of planning. This was just me thinking as I was bored out of my mind, So don't take this as something I'm actually organizing. it'd just be good to get the General public's views.

My idea;

- Hooking up with those of the Flash community, And obviously starting this in the flash forums. We could submit a certain region of our music, or a whole song (Shorter is possible). The flash people would choose a song, And then animate the song in some way. I think if the Artists who volunteer Audio are decent, it may get a good reception.

(I also know that the idea of the Audio Portal is to give Flash animators a source of music for animations, and for overall listening, but this would be a new and interesting idea?)

Views? Ideas? Hatred?

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 02:26:14 Reply

At 5/13/09 02:19 AM, iCurrie wrote:
My idea;

lol! Foiled!

Better luck next time!

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 02:31:39 Reply

At 5/13/09 02:26 AM, Quarl wrote: lol! Foiled!

Better luck next time!

Awww. My ideas mildly different :3

If anyone was bored, Baha.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 02:43:25 Reply

At 5/13/09 02:31 AM, iCurrie wrote:
Awww. My ideas mildly different :3

Nope! It's the exact same idea! Nothing new or special! You fail at being original! Off to the general forum with you!! Come back when your ideas have never been touched previously by Rigs e-penis!

Just giving you a heads up; rigs e-penis is large and has touched many things.

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 03:04:13 Reply

At 5/13/09 02:43 AM, Quarl wrote: Nope! It's the exact same idea! Nothing new or special! You fail at being original! Off to the general forum with you!! Come back when your ideas have never been touched previously by Rigs e-penis!

Just giving you a heads up; rigs e-penis is large and has touched many things.

Ouch, My heart :(

I'll go back to the drawing board then. I need to occupy my time with something.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 04:06:44 Reply

jarrydn leaving aus?

At 5/13/09 01:54 AM, jarrydn wrote: Hey Rucklo, if me and my ladyfriend end up moving out to the UK, you'll have to show us where all the wicked clubs are ;D.

DnB is fine, but how is the electro and breaks scene over there? Are there many clubs playing fidget house?

i'd gladly show you around london man! but... i live in sweden, and haven't been in london for fifteen years, so things might have changed a bit... ;p

but yeah, i'm totally up for some cheesy house (blip blip blooop) and definitley wanna check out the break-scene, so hi five on that shit!

check the threa i linked to on the prev. page if you haven't already, i think dates and all that jazz for the actual meetup is there. i dunno the exact dates i'll be threre, but it'll be around those dates fosho.

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Gorgorothx
Gorgorothx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 04:31:33 Reply

Moving

So I've been moving into a new apartment for the past few days, thus my absence from the AF (not that any of you noticed) ;) . I'm leeching off of someone's wi-fi without their permission, so hopefully I'll have my internet hooked up soon so I don't have to do that. Can't wait to set up my music workstation in this new place, there's so much more room. Cheers to upgrading!

Zenan
Zenan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 05:19:48 Reply

Rucklo & Jarrdyn

This might be of some service to you! :3

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 06:42:00 Reply

At 5/13/09 04:06 AM, Rucklo wrote: jarrydn leaving aus?

Not for a while yet, my lady is currently working on her thesis. However, if she gets involved in an exchange program, who knows? ;D

And I'd certainly be up for a svenskan romp! I have some family there, would be pretty trippy to meet them haha!

At 5/13/09 05:19 AM, Zenan wrote: Rucklo & Jarrdyn

This might be of some service to you! :3

Yewwwwww! Cheers :D

audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 08:07:24 Reply

Wouldnt i like to move to the UK. But, im underage and stuck with my parents. :P

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 10:06:51 Reply

Computer Music Sampler Special

On my way to work I stopped at the post office to do a couple of things, and I saw a Computer Music magazine on the shelf. Needless to say, I bought it, and now I am happy. =D

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
nal1200
nal1200
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 10:20:10 Reply

At 5/13/09 10:06 AM, WritersBlock wrote: Computer Music Sampler Special

On my way to work I stopped at the post office to do a couple of things, and I saw a Computer Music magazine on the shelf. Needless to say, I bought it, and now I am happy. =D

Nerdy Magazine Day

How naughty. Did it have anything worth quoting?

Also, cake will be rewarded to the first person that can tell me what movie i'm making a pun-reference to in my bold topic-liner.

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 11:01:02 Reply

ACEN.

Just got back from it a couple days ago (Anime Central in Chicago)

Anywho.... one of the craziest things happened whilst I was there..

Friday, as I was wandering around the general expo area where all the booths and such were set up.. I decided to wander over to the car show area by the DJ booth. As I was wandering through the area though... of all things... guess what this DJ decides to spin..

My Feel Good Inc. remix!

I was just like.. no fucking way... I've never met or talked to this person before... and yet.. they've not only stumbled across something I did.. but decided to play it at a convention attended by thousands and thousands of people!

At which point, I sprinted up to the DJ booth and yelled... "I produced thaaaat!", and went on to chat with the DJ, who evidently likes to go to newgrounds to look for music and such, which I thought was rather awesome.

Just figured I'd share that. =3

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Phoog
Phoog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 11:15:12 Reply

Rucklol

The one time I put an L on the end of his name and everyone declares they're going to do it too. When really all I'm doing is copying what you all did in the first place :/
You silly beans :D

NYC Bike people

I saw that video of the messengers too. Looked awesome. I'd LOVE that job, man.
Also, been browsing YouTube looking at these "mashing" videos. It's 'cause my cousin sent me a like to one or something so I get them recommended to me all the time now. linkyay

WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 11:37:21 Reply

At 5/13/09 11:01 AM, EchozAurora wrote: ACEN.

Just got back from it a couple days ago (Anime Central in Chicago)

Anywho.... one of the craziest things happened whilst I was there..

Friday, as I was wandering around the general expo area where all the booths and such were set up.. I decided to wander over to the car show area by the DJ booth. As I was wandering through the area though... of all things... guess what this DJ decides to spin..

My Feel Good Inc. remix!

I was just like.. no fucking way... I've never met or talked to this person before... and yet.. they've not only stumbled across something I did.. but decided to play it at a convention attended by thousands and thousands of people!

At which point, I sprinted up to the DJ booth and yelled... "I produced thaaaat!", and went on to chat with the DJ, who evidently likes to go to newgrounds to look for music and such, which I thought was rather awesome.

Just figured I'd share that. =3

Feel Good

I bet that made you feel good. :3

@nal: I haven't had the opportunity to read it yet, I did, however flick through it and notice a "how to make loops in reaper" tutorial. Rig did it first. :3

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 12:09:44 Reply

Haha, that's great. I remember hearing once that rig's muffin song got played at playboy mansion. Newgrounds might not get any credit for the music that comes out of it, but the sounds definitely get around.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 12:45:08 Reply

Rig's music being played on playboy mansion?

At 5/13/09 12:09 PM, Quarl wrote:
Haha, that's great. I remember hearing once that rig's muffin song got played at playboy mansion. Newgrounds might not get any credit for the music that comes out of it, but the sounds definitely get around.

That makes me wonder, aren't the guys from Playboy mansion breaking the license rules then?
Noncommercial: You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist under another license.

I'm pretty sure Playboy mansion is considered commercial, as they probably make money of it :p
And since Rig didn't even get credit... Not sure.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 15:24:18 Reply

Rig's Music

If it's true, then they stole it, for that they shall pay a big price! I big price indeed.

I wounder, do they even know that they took it without permission

Computer Music Magazine

Magazines in total are good, sadly I always end up reading those, when I am stuck in the toilet for a long one :)

YouriX
YouriX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 15:31:07 Reply

Magazine

I never read those. For some reason i dont know why to be honest. I guess im to busy with other stuff. And i dont sit for a very long time in the toilet. Unless i got some serieus stomach issues :(

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 16:33:39 Reply

Ris's music in Playboy mansion

Well, to my knowledge it was a friend of Rigs who was doing the DJing. Dunno. If rig popped in more often we could have him clear that up for us, but regardless I seem to recall Rig being pretty pleased when he dropped that little tid bit of gossip on the forums a good while back.

WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-13 21:40:14 Reply

At 5/13/09 04:33 PM, Quarl wrote: Ris's music in Playboy mansion

Well, to my knowledge it was a friend of Rigs who was doing the DJing. Dunno. If rig popped in more often we could have him clear that up for us, but regardless I seem to recall Rig being pretty pleased when he dropped that little tid bit of gossip on the forums a good while back.

Rig's Music in PlayBoy Mansion

Well, to MY knowledge, it was Father-of-Death who passed it on to a friend who was doing the DJing, but yeah, someone from Newgrounds set it up with the DJ.

BBS Signature
Hades
Hades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-14 04:38:01 Reply

Playboy Mansion
I don't remember hearing that Rig DIDN'T actually get any money for the song. If the fact that the song is on NG didn't bother the guys that made 'PM', they simply could have either payed him or promised him a percentage of the cake. Or he was simply friends with someone working there, so he didn't bother asking for money.

BBS Signature