wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 12/26/12 07:15 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 12/26/12 04:02 AM, jpbear wrote: So FL's fruity limiter ceiling technically limits at 0.98 when it says 1

put the the ceiling to 1.02 to achieve maximum loudness :D
oh THAT's why all these songs sound so silent

May the loudness war begin! :D

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 09:20 AM Reply

At 12/26/12 08:36 AM, wandschrank wrote:
At 12/26/12 04:02 AM, jpbear wrote: So FL's fruity limiter ceiling technically limits at 0.98 when it says 1

That's like declaring war on France in 1943

aka SBB! I'm not on Newgrounds anymore, but you can find me here:
Youtube | Soundcloud | Facebook

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 09:43 AM Reply

At 12/26/12 09:20 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 12/26/12 08:36 AM, wandschrank wrote:

That's like declaring war on France in 1943

Hilarious?

..but yes, "continue" would have been a better word. :<

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 05:11 PM Reply

19 years with no new years kiss... I'm on a roll.

lel

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 12:15 PM Reply

went jamming for the first time since 2 years. 'twas fun, but it was hard lugging around a heavy-ass bass guitar without a bag.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 12:15 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: went jamming for the first time since 2 years. 'twas fun, but it was hard lugging around a heavy-ass bass guitar without a bag.

I love jamming so much. I've got a monster Aguilar AG 500 combo amp with a GS 112, and an SWR Son of Burtha for the cab. It sounds amazing, but just the Aguilar half weighs at least 60lbs. Add in the cab, the pedals, and the Fender (or the Kingston if I want my 5-string) and you've got a crap ton of stuff to carry. It makes jamming much more difficult when you have to travel -_-

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 12/26/12 05:11 PM, Sequenced wrote: 19 years with no new years kiss... I'm on a roll.

Almost at a Rampage, don't stop now!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 12:22 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: I love jamming so much. I've got a monster Aguilar AG 500 combo amp with a GS 112, and an SWR Son of Burtha for the cab. It sounds amazing, but just the Aguilar half weighs at least 60lbs. Add in the cab, the pedals, and the Fender (or the Kingston if I want my 5-string) and you've got a crap ton of stuff to carry.

Woah bro, don't go all "guitar technician" on my ass...and speaking about guitar gear, what's the difference between a guitar amp and a bass amp? Before you go all "the name herp-a-derp lolz lmao XD XP rofl", I'm talking about noticeable differences (in regards to how it looks like, how many knobs, technical specs, etc.).

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 12:28 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Woah bro, don't go all "guitar technician" on my ass...and speaking about guitar gear, what's the difference between a guitar amp and a bass amp? Before you go all "the name herp-a-derp lolz lmao XD XP rofl", I'm talking about noticeable differences (in regards to how it looks like, how many knobs, technical specs, etc.).

XD oh man. Just trying to say I hate carrying lots of stuff, hardly a "guitar technician". I play the bass dude.

Guitar and bass amps cater to different ranges of frequencies. In regard to what they look like, all amps have a fairly similar control system, and they all look different depending on the amount/size of speakers you have. I wouldn't be able to comment on the specific technical differences between the two, other than that they are built for different ranges of frequencies.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 02:17 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 01:24 PM, Step wrote: And now for an interesting but somewhat depressing music article.

Interesting article... but I think #2 is bullshit.

I was listening to stuff like Lou Bega and Backstreet Boys (Yes, I admit it) when I was that age... Mid teens, I listened to generic pop, mid-late teens, punk, and now, metal and electronica.

Although there were a couple of other points I do agree a lot with, such as the linking songs to happy/sad memories and such... My best example is the Reanimation version of Crawling from Linkin Park. I used to listen to that album all the time back when I was addicted to EverQuest (Long, long time ago), and now, any time I hear that song, a particular area in the game pops into my mind (Specifically, the hunting grounds just outside the main Vah'Shir city on the moon Luclin... for those of you who played it).

I also associate the song "I Stand Alone" by Godsmack with a particular moment in High School when I was kicked out of Pure Math 10 for cracking a textbook across the back of someone's head in the middle of a lesson.

Interesting thing the mind is.

Audio/BBS Mod
---News: Ask Me Anything (Answers Video!)---Music: Only The Beginning---
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 02:17 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 12/27/12 01:24 PM, Step wrote: And now for an interesting but somewhat depressing music article.
Interesting article... but I think #2 is bullshit.

Most of the stuff that comes out of Cracked is BS olol.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 12:35 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Guitar and bass amps cater to different ranges of frequencies. In regard to what they look like, all amps have a fairly similar control system, and they all look different depending on the amount/size of speakers you have. I wouldn't be able to comment on the specific technical differences between the two, other than that they are built for different ranges of frequencies.

Is it true that bass guitars should not be plugged into guitar amps? I've heard people say that, but it sounds far-fetched to me. The bass is not going to overload the guitar amp because the guitar amp is incapable of releasing such bass, I'd think... maybe I'm wrong.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 04:52 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Is it true that bass guitars should not be plugged into guitar amps? I've heard people say that, but it sounds far-fetched to me. The bass is not going to overload the guitar amp because the guitar amp is incapable of releasing such bass, I'd think... maybe I'm wrong.

TBH, I don't know. Unless if someone is dumb enough to crank the gain/drive/distortion all the way to 11, I really don't think it could do any harm.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 04:52 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Is it true that bass guitars should not be plugged into guitar amps?

Yes. You could the speaker if you're not careful. The other way around is fine.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 05:20 PM, Buoy wrote:
Yes. You could _____?_____ the speaker if you're not careful. The other way around is fine.

BLOW?
WRECK?
KISS?

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 05:36 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/27/12 05:20 PM, Buoy wrote:
Yes. You could _____?_____ the speaker if you're not careful. The other way around is fine.
BLOW?
WRECK?
KISS?

He accidentally the whole speaker.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 06:08 PM Reply

I'm not reading that, that would only kill the magic.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 06:08 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
I'm not reading that, that would only kill the magic.

Most of it you already know I'd imagine anyways, nothing in there is really all that surprising, and is more like restating things that everyone knows already but doesn't really think about.

Audio/BBS Mod
---News: Ask Me Anything (Answers Video!)---Music: Only The Beginning---
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Liralei
Liralei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

whoops, I made a post

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.
{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}
Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 06:49 PM, Liralei wrote: whoops, I made a post

I actually went like the smiley up there when I spotted "Latest post: Liralei"

Liralei
Liralei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 06:56 PM, Mich wrote:
At 12/27/12 06:49 PM, Liralei wrote: whoops, I made a post
I actually went like the smiley up there when I spotted "Latest post: Liralei"

HEY HEY I'M NOT DEAD YET.

...I'm just really bored and it's that time of the year where I get all woobie-y & nostalgic okay

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.
{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}
Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 27th, 2012 @ 07:03 PM Reply

At 12/27/12 05:36 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/27/12 05:20 PM, Buoy wrote: Yes. You could _____?_____ the speaker if you're not careful. The other way around is fine.
BLOW?
WRECK?
KISS?

No. You could the speaker. It actually to me once.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 03:52 AM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516067 so this guy uses the same chord progression in every song...

/facepalm

lel

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 07:04 AM Reply

At 12/28/12 03:52 AM, Sequenced wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516067 so this guy uses the same chord progression in every song...

/facepalm

Well...

(the song's download ratio is 1:5)

Means it's doing good, regardless of chord progression. His/her fans probably can't realize the same chord progression over and over. I'm not a fan of his/her songs, though. I kinda feel the same thing over and over in most of his/her songs.

As my humanities teacher said: "if you can't deal with it, then suck it up and live with it".

At 12/27/12 07:03 PM, Buoy wrote:
No. You could the speaker. It actually to me once.

Why can't I understand Internetish

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 12/28/12 03:52 AM, Sequenced wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516067 so this guy uses the same chord progression in every song...

/facepalm

So you decided to give 1.5 stars with this as the only criteria. That's not really constructive.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 05:34 PM Reply

Taking advantage of the Eastwest 50% off sale I bought Symphonic Choirs and got it installed today.

Got it all working in FL Studio no problem including the WordBuilder (with the MFXshell plugin running it) and it worked straight away once I sorted out the MIDI in/out in the wrappers. Having so much fun with it just playing around with nasty/rude phrases just to test this awesome stuff out.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 12/28/12 05:34 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Taking advantage of the Eastwest 50% off sale I bought Symphonic Choirs and got it installed today.

Got it all working in FL Studio no problem including the WordBuilder (with the MFXshell plugin running it) and it worked straight away once I sorted out the MIDI in/out in the wrappers. Having so much fun with it just playing around with nasty/rude phrases just to test this awesome stuff out.

I've found that it stops working occasionally and only a reboot will make it work again. The WB plugin I mean. I'm using Windows 7 64bit though so maybe it doesn't like 64 bit.

Braiton
Braiton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 05:43 PM Reply

/facepalm

Obligatory You must be new here is obligatory.

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 28th, 2012 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 12/28/12 05:43 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/28/12 05:34 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Taking advantage of the Eastwest 50% off sale I bought Symphonic Choirs and got it installed today.

I've found that it stops working occasionally and only a reboot will make it work again. The WB plugin I mean. I'm using Windows 7 64bit though so maybe it doesn't like 64 bit.

Hmmm, I'm also running on Win 7 Professional x64. On further inspection the VST version doesn't work but as long as I am using the mfxshell, I can run the WordBuilder in it's MFX form no problem and I haven't had it suddenly crash or stop in over an hour of use.

BBS Signature