New Topic Respond to this Topic
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 03:13:44 Reply

At 12/5/12 03:09 AM, jarrydn wrote: do you not feel like you were born to be a musician? is it just a hobby for you? is your brain switched off about music most of the time?

point taken

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 03:52:55 Reply

changing the topic for a moment here
apparently you can revert back to the original design in SoundCloud

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 03:57:50 Reply

At 12/5/12 03:52 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: changing the topic for a moment here
apparently you can revert back to the original design in SoundCloud

Click on More at the top right, then an option to switch back to Classic Soundcloud will come up.

Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 05:11:45 Reply

At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To make music is my real quest, to synthesise is my cause. FRUTY LOOPS!

The Audio Forum Lounge

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 05:47:36 Reply

At 12/5/12 05:11 AM, Tabu112 wrote:
At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To make music is my real quest, to synthesise is my cause. FRUTY LOOPS!

FL6? what are you, Homo floresiensis?

audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 05:59:46 Reply

At 12/5/12 05:47 AM, jarrydn wrote: FL6? what are you, Homo floresiensis?

(something with life-time free updates and pirates)

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 09:11:47 Reply

At 12/5/12 05:59 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:

Except that fl8 is still the best.

lel

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 10:20:09 Reply

to me music was only ever just a hobby.. art on the other hand.. art was my life.

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 10:26:36 Reply

At 12/5/12 09:11 AM, Sequenced wrote:

fl is for fucking noobs who use vengeance loopz

Breed
Breed
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 10:54:36 Reply

At 12/5/12 10:26 AM, MrSaint wrote:

This.

Only stupid people use FL.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 11:02:02 Reply

At 12/5/12 10:54 AM, Breed wrote:

This.

but I use logic and reason, how does that make me stupid?

lel

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 11:24:47 Reply

Don't use Vengeance loops. MANY of them are actually copyrighted.

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 13:54:55 Reply

At 12/5/12 11:24 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Don't use Vengeance loops. MANY of them are actually copyrighted.

http://refx.com/products/vengeance/specs/

Looks like all drum samples loops are fine to use, and melodic loops are fine for non-commercial (e.g. Newgrounds) use.

Why would you think that a commercial sample pack would distribute loops you can't even use?

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 14:38:48 Reply

This.

I use FL because it's cheaper and gets the job done. If I really wanted to, I could grab Sonar or Cubase right at this minute and use it, but I get along fine in FL so what's the point?. I can run Omnisphere, Gladiator2 and Kontakt inside of it with no issues at all and if I need to use any extra features on my keyboard it only takes me a couple of seconds to setup the appropriate multilink(s).

Maybe I should turn around and say 'Only stupid people doubt FL'?
:inb4 butthurt fl user

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 15:02:39 Reply

Imma fuck you up

The Audio Forum Lounge

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 15:17:09 Reply

At 12/5/12 01:54 PM, Nav wrote:
Looks like all drum samples loops are fine to use, and melodic loops are fine for non-commercial (e.g. Newgrounds) use.

Why would you think that a commercial sample pack would distribute loops you can't even use?

Not all of them are. Some of them fall under duplo.

The following are a list of bannable packs, as per researched extensively by one of the audio moderators.

Reason(s): Constructionkits/DUPLO or atleast 90% built around either.

Future house (all volumes) 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Trance sensation vol.1,2 and 3
Dance explosion
Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol.1
Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol.2
Studio vocals (Recorded by Vengeance)
Total dance sounds vol.2
Ultimate fills vol.1

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 15:54:36 Reply

At 12/5/12 03:17 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Not all of them are. Some of them fall under duplo.

NG Duplo is not the same as legality. We're far more strict than the actual law/licensing agreements.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 16:19:02 Reply

At 12/5/12 03:54 PM, Nav wrote:
At 12/5/12 03:17 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Not all of them are. Some of them fall under duplo.
NG Duplo is not the same as legality. We're far more strict than the actual law/licensing agreements.

Agreed. Tons of pros use Vengeance sound packs for their drums. Many professionally produced tracks also contain samples from other tracks. Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust; its main groove is apparently sampled from another track.

Hell, this track, Sunlight by Modestep includes a break which is a Vengeance loop! I cannot remember which, but I heard this track and thought, "Hey, that's pretty cool!". Then when searching through one of my Vengeance packs weeks later, I found this exact riff.

They obviously did not get in trouble as it is still a released track, but I think using 100% Vengeance pre-made material for a riff is pretty lame...

Breed
Breed
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 16:26:21 Reply

At 12/5/12 02:38 PM, LichLordMusic wrote:
inb4 butthurt fl user

Haha. Butthurt? Maybe. Trolled? Yes....yes indeed. Dude I'm the biggest FL nerd here. Are you new or what? =P

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 16:38:09 Reply

This.

I used fl studio. There is nothing bad about it. Like any software it depends on the person. I can literally do anything ever in that program. I find it's the most versatile thing I have ever used. Try listening to some of my songs :)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 17:20:53 Reply

At 12/5/12 04:26 PM, Breed wrote:
At 12/5/12 02:38 PM, LichLordMusic wrote:
inb4 butthurt fl user
Haha. Butthurt? Maybe. Trolled? Yes....yes indeed. Dude I'm the biggest FL nerd here. Are you new or what? =P

haaa you got me a bit hehe... love fl studio :P

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 17:23:35 Reply

Studying and shit

In September i started a new study. Because i wanted to be a teacher and i thought i would enjoy it and stuff.
Now i'm starting to realize it isn't for me.. well, i think so. I'm still doubting.
I'm an intern 1 day a week and i get to give lessons to 11/12 year old kids at an elementary school.
Being at that school and interacting with the kids and stuff is quite fun sometimes. But the actual teaching..

At first i really had to get used to it. Of course. It's weird to suddenly change roles from student to teacher.
But now that i've given enough lessons to see past that.. i still don't enjoy it like i thought i would. Is this what i'd want to do for the rest of my life?
But if i quit this study.. it'll be the 3rd study i quit. What the fuck am i supposed to do? Begin another study without having the slightest clue what i want with my life? Get a job with bad pay and stay stuck in it?

I wish i really enjoyed teaching. It would be so much easier. But i have to give a lesson tomorrow and i already look up to it.

Why does every big decision i make turn out to be a bad one? What will i do with my life?
Next week is intern-week (being an intern every day of the week, giving a lot of lessons). I guess i'll ride that out and decide afterwards if i am still thinking so negatively about my current study.
Blegh.

/random rant

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 17:50:31 Reply

At 12/5/12 05:23 PM, FairSquare wrote: Next week is intern-week (being an intern every day of the week, giving a lot of lessons). I guess i'll ride that out and decide afterwards if i am still thinking so negatively about my current study.

Studying is not for everyone. Perhaps you would like more hands-on work? Though, I guess your current situation involves actual teaching as well as study...

Anyway, getting used to this new Soundcloud redesign. I think it's really good. Updates pop-up so you can see if somebody liked your track without having to refresh pages or even look at your profile, you can keep a track playing while browsing Soundcloud (kinda like Beatport), and can pause with spacebar, rewind and fast-forward with arrow keys, plus more hotkeys.

I think they did a good job. I do notice some small glitches here and there, but that's always going to happen when something new is launched.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 18:14:52 Reply

As much as I don't like fl studio (it's has the name loop in it. I hate the use of pre-made loops), I can't actually hate fl studio. A lot of musicians I respect make good and original music with it. It all depends on how you use it. Besides fl studio supports vst plugins. Some people only use only plugins, and spend thousands of dolars on them. All of the sound comes from the plugins, not the DAW. It doesn't matter which DAW you use. As long as you can do the mixing. You can even use a more advanced program to do your mastering (like soundforge) after you made a bounce in fl studio. Of course with the right plugins mastering in fl studio can also become pretty advanced.

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 18:32:09 Reply

At 12/5/12 06:14 PM, SourJovis wrote: As much as I don't like fl studio (it's has the name loop in it. I hate the use of pre-made loops), I can't actually hate fl studio. A lot of musicians I respect make good and original music with it. It all depends on how you use it. Besides fl studio supports vst plugins. Some people only use only plugins, and spend thousands of dolars on them. All of the sound comes from the plugins, not the DAW. It doesn't matter which DAW you use. As long as you can do the mixing. You can even use a more advanced program to do your mastering (like soundforge) after you made a bounce in fl studio. Of course with the right plugins mastering in fl studio can also become pretty advanced.

right, but here's an interesting fact. The DAW -does- make a difference in how the final product sounds. There have been numerous tests by users who have rendered even simple wav files through various DAWs using the same effects with the same presets and the sound comes out different. Not like HOLY SHIT WTF IS DIS EVEN DEH SAME SOUND?! different but noticeably so.

Every DAW renders things slightly differently. I mean if you turn off the circular panning law (is that what that was called?) in FL, suddenly everything goes to high heaven crap. Some people like to start their project with that off which is a preference but still the point stands.

But for the most part I could not agree more. While each DAW is slightly different the end game is if you know your shit you're going to make that song sound fantastic either way.

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 20:56:51 Reply

At 12/5/12 06:32 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 12/5/12 06:14 PM, SourJovis wrote: As much as I don't like fl studio (it's has the name loop in it. I hate the use of pre-made loops), I can't actually hate fl studio. A lot of musicians I respect make good and original music with it. It all depends on how you use it. Besides fl studio supports vst plugins. Some people only use only plugins, and spend thousands of dolars on them. All of the sound comes from the plugins, not the DAW. It doesn't matter which DAW you use. As long as you can do the mixing. You can even use a more advanced program to do your mastering (like soundforge) after you made a bounce in fl studio. Of course with the right plugins mastering in fl studio can also become pretty advanced.
right, but here's an interesting fact. The DAW -does- make a difference in how the final product sounds. There have been numerous tests by users who have rendered even simple wav files through various DAWs using the same effects with the same presets and the sound comes out different. Not like HOLY SHIT WTF IS DIS EVEN DEH SAME SOUND?! different but noticeably so.

Every DAW renders things slightly differently. I mean if you turn off the circular panning law (is that what that was called?) in FL, suddenly everything goes to high heaven crap. Some people like to start their project with that off which is a preference but still the point stands.

But for the most part I could not agree more. While each DAW is slightly different the end game is if you know your shit you're going to make that song sound fantastic either way.

Generally a DAW should render neutrally, without artefacts. Any rendering effects like dithering, stereo-enhancements or whatever should be optional. I know some DAWs automatically dither when you render with low bit depth, or they standardly atribute other effects to enhance the audio, but usually you can select as well not to do this. The differences of how a DAW renders still just depends on how you use it. If a DAW doesn't give you full control over how your mix turns out, it's really bad imao.

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 22:23:43 Reply

At 12/5/12 08:56 PM, SourJovis wrote: If a DAW doesn't give you full control over how your mix turns out, it's really bad imao.

true :3

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 22:24:52 Reply

At 12/5/12 10:23 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
At 12/5/12 08:56 PM, SourJovis wrote: If a DAW doesn't give you full control over how your mix turns out, it's really bad imao.

you're back

lel

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-05 23:58:48 Reply

At 12/5/12 10:24 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/5/12 10:23 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
you're back

or... did I never leave?!!?!!?

hai i'm back :3
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-06 00:18:25 Reply

At 12/5/12 11:58 PM, MaestroRage wrote:
or... did I never leave?!!?!!?

hai i'm back :3

du du du du DU du du du du DU du bwaaaaaa du du du du du du boo chaak du du du du du DA du DA TA bwoooooaaaak du du du ka du du ka pfff pfff tss ka du du du baaaaaa

lel