Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 877,978 Views
  • 35,789 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 09:55 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 08:06 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 12/4/12 06:53 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Also, Soundcloud's redesign is up. Looks pretty sweet.
Yeah, but it might take some time before I can get used to it.

it's too messy IMO


lel

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

hey it's tough economic times these days..

so people have been pressuring me to get back into music.. however my computer corrupted and I had to format it.. losing all my files and software about a year ago.. then my computer blew and doesn't turn on. I am on my old laptop and frankly the thought of reaccumulating 9 years worth of stuff.. well frankly just doesn't appeal to me. Which is shame because I was finally going to tinker with some groundbreaking sound software and hardware but.. eh I dunno. It just feels like a hassle now.

Which brings me to another point.. when is enough enough? Does one just keep making music so that they don't fade into obscurity anymore on here? I used to battle with the concept of whether it is egotistical to simply want people to remember what you have done, and to try to leave some sorta imprint. I have come to the conclusion that I guess it is.


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 11:28 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 11:19 PM, Chronamut wrote:
Which brings me to another point.. when is enough enough? Does one just keep making music so that they don't fade into obscurity anymore on here? I used to battle with the concept of whether it is egotistical to simply want people to remember what you have done, and to try to leave some sorta imprint. I have come to the conclusion that I guess it is.

Don't worry chron, you left a mark here on NG that nobody would forget. I'm sure people are okay if you stop writing music for now.

I have tried stopping, it will never work. I simply do it because I enjoy it.

lel

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 11:28 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/4/12 11:19 PM, Chronamut wrote:
Which brings me to another point.. when is enough enough? Does one just keep making music so that they don't fade into obscurity anymore on here? I used to battle with the concept of whether it is egotistical to simply want people to remember what you have done, and to try to leave some sorta imprint. I have come to the conclusion that I guess it is.
Don't worry chron, you left a mark here on NG that nobody would forget. I'm sure people are okay if you stop writing music for now.

I have tried stopping, it will never work. I simply do it because I enjoy it.

for me it had to happen eventually.. I am almost 30 now and am thinking about settling down, and I've just been really busy with a bunch of things, and slowly getting back into art, or trying to. So yeah.. a lot of my motivation to do what I did on this site was simply.. to not be forgotten. Saw too many comrades drop off the map and noone even remembers who they are anymore. It's tough to watch.

Thanks for the support Sequenced :)


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 11:51 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 11:42 PM, Chronamut wrote: Saw too many comrades drop off the map and noone even remembers who they are anymore. It's tough to watch.

One day a rooster, next day a feather-duster...

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 01:37 AM Reply

i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 01:42 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do

i call "cheesy" on that statement

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 01:50 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do

we all do things for different reasons.


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 01:42 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do
i call "cheesy" on that statement

+1

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 02:52 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do

it is our destiny!


lel

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 02:55 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 01:42 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do
i call "cheesy" on that statement

yeah but whats your point?

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 03:02 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 02:55 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 12/5/12 01:42 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do
i call "cheesy" on that statement
yeah but whats your point?

nothing to tell you the truth

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 03:09 AM Reply

it might have been cheesy but how else am i supposed to put it? it's really hard to not feel this way when practically every moment of my life i am either thinking about music or doing something music related.

or do you not feel like you were born to be a musician? is it just a hobby for you? is your brain switched off about music most of the time?

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 03:13 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 03:09 AM, jarrydn wrote: or do you not feel like you were born to be a musician?

As cheesy as your earlier statement was, truth be told... yes, I feel like I was born to be a musician.

I feel so lame right now saying that
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 03:13 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 03:09 AM, jarrydn wrote: do you not feel like you were born to be a musician? is it just a hobby for you? is your brain switched off about music most of the time?

point taken

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 03:52 AM Reply

changing the topic for a moment here
apparently you can revert back to the original design in SoundCloud

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 03:57 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 03:52 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: changing the topic for a moment here
apparently you can revert back to the original design in SoundCloud

Click on More at the top right, then an option to switch back to Classic Soundcloud will come up.

Hikari
Hikari
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 05:11 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To make music is my real quest, to synthesise is my cause. FRUTY LOOPS!

The Audio Forum Lounge

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 05:47 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 05:11 AM, Tabu112 wrote:
At 12/5/12 01:37 AM, jarrydn wrote: i dont write music so i can be remembered, i write music because its what i was born to do
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To make music is my real quest, to synthesise is my cause. FRUTY LOOPS!

FL6? what are you, Homo floresiensis?

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 05:59 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 05:47 AM, jarrydn wrote: FL6? what are you, Homo floresiensis?

(something with life-time free updates and pirates)


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 09:11 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 05:59 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 12/5/12 05:47 AM, jarrydn wrote: FL6? what are you, Homo floresiensis?
(something with life-time free updates and pirates)

Except that fl8 is still the best.


lel

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 10:20 AM Reply

to me music was only ever just a hobby.. art on the other hand.. art was my life.


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 10:26 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 09:11 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/5/12 05:59 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 12/5/12 05:47 AM, jarrydn wrote: FL6? what are you, Homo floresiensis?
(something with life-time free updates and pirates)
Except that fl8 is still the best.

fl is for fucking noobs who use vengeance loopz

Breed
Breed
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 10:26 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 12/5/12 09:11 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/5/12 05:59 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 12/5/12 05:47 AM, jarrydn wrote: FL6? what are you, Homo floresiensis?
(something with life-time free updates and pirates)
Except that fl8 is still the best.
fl is for fucking noobs who use vengeance loopz

This.

Only stupid people use FL.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 10:54 AM, Breed wrote:

This.

Only stupid people use FL.

but I use logic and reason, how does that make me stupid?


lel

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 10:26 AM, MrSaint wrote:
fl is for fucking noobs who use vengeance loopz

Don't use Vengeance loops. MANY of them are actually copyrighted.

Nav
Nav
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 01:54 PM Reply

At 12/5/12 11:24 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Don't use Vengeance loops. MANY of them are actually copyrighted.

http://refx.com/products/vengeance/specs/

Looks like all drum samples loops are fine to use, and melodic loops are fine for non-commercial (e.g. Newgrounds) use.

Why would you think that a commercial sample pack would distribute loops you can't even use?

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 12/5/12 10:54 AM, Breed wrote:
At 12/5/12 10:26 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 12/5/12 09:11 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/5/12 05:59 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 12/5/12 05:47 AM, jarrydn wrote: FL6? what are you, Homo floresiensis?
(something with life-time free updates and pirates)
Except that fl8 is still the best.
fl is for fucking noobs who use vengeance loopz
This.

Only stupid people use FL.

I use FL because it's cheaper and gets the job done. If I really wanted to, I could grab Sonar or Cubase right at this minute and use it, but I get along fine in FL so what's the point?. I can run Omnisphere, Gladiator2 and Kontakt inside of it with no issues at all and if I need to use any extra features on my keyboard it only takes me a couple of seconds to setup the appropriate multilink(s).

Maybe I should turn around and say 'Only stupid people doubt FL'?
:inb4 butthurt fl user


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 03:02 PM Reply

Imma fuck you up

The Audio Forum Lounge

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 12/5/12 01:54 PM, Nav wrote:
Looks like all drum samples loops are fine to use, and melodic loops are fine for non-commercial (e.g. Newgrounds) use.

Why would you think that a commercial sample pack would distribute loops you can't even use?

Not all of them are. Some of them fall under duplo.

The following are a list of bannable packs, as per researched extensively by one of the audio moderators.

Reason(s): Constructionkits/DUPLO or atleast 90% built around either.

Future house (all volumes) 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Trance sensation vol.1,2 and 3
Dance explosion
Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol.1
Vengeance Dirty Electro Vol.2
Studio vocals (Recorded by Vengeance)
Total dance sounds vol.2
Ultimate fills vol.1