Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,210,059 Views
  • 36,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-26 02:34:14 Reply

I must be seeing things...the Popular Audio section reverted back to 5 slots.

pic won't upload due to my awful internet

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
SuperBastard
SuperBastard
  • Member since: Oct. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-26 03:28:17 Reply

At 12/26/12 02:15 AM, JJM121 wrote:
At 12/25/12 05:44 PM, eatmeatleet wrote:
At 12/25/12 07:33 AM, Chrausner wrote:
At 12/24/12 11:36 PM, Sequenced wrote: why am I never happy :'(
Depression is for peope with no friends. :D
haha. Loser. Eat chocolats and get fat. But seriously, you have lots of fake friends here on NG. What's not to like?
Don't know about anyone else, but I can't eat a lot of chocolate at one time without getting sick of it.

Milk chocolate makes me feel sick pretty fast. I can't even eat white chocolate without retching. Dark chocolate's alright though.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-26 04:02:23 Reply

So FL's fruity limiter ceiling technically limits at 0.98 when it says 1

put the the ceiling to 1.02 to achieve maximum loudness :D

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-26 07:15:27 Reply

At 12/26/12 04:02 AM, jpbear wrote: So FL's fruity limiter ceiling technically limits at 0.98 when it says 1

put the the ceiling to 1.02 to achieve maximum loudness :D

oh THAT's why all these songs sound so silent

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-26 08:36:51 Reply

At 12/26/12 07:15 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 12/26/12 04:02 AM, jpbear wrote: So FL's fruity limiter ceiling technically limits at 0.98 when it says 1

put the the ceiling to 1.02 to achieve maximum loudness :D
oh THAT's why all these songs sound so silent

May the loudness war begin! :D

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-26 09:20:00 Reply

At 12/26/12 08:36 AM, wandschrank wrote:
At 12/26/12 07:15 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 12/26/12 04:02 AM, jpbear wrote: So FL's fruity limiter ceiling technically limits at 0.98 when it says 1

put the the ceiling to 1.02 to achieve maximum loudness :D
oh THAT's why all these songs sound so silent
May the loudness war begin! :D

That's like declaring war on France in 1943

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-26 09:43:18 Reply

At 12/26/12 09:20 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 12/26/12 08:36 AM, wandschrank wrote:
At 12/26/12 07:15 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 12/26/12 04:02 AM, jpbear wrote: So FL's fruity limiter ceiling technically limits at 0.98 when it says 1

put the the ceiling to 1.02 to achieve maximum loudness :D
oh THAT's why all these songs sound so silent
May the loudness war begin! :D
That's like declaring war on France in 1943

Hilarious?

..but yes, "continue" would have been a better word. :<

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-26 17:11:33 Reply

19 years with no new years kiss... I'm on a roll.


lel

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 12:15:34 Reply

went jamming for the first time since 2 years. 'twas fun, but it was hard lugging around a heavy-ass bass guitar without a bag.

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 12:22:04 Reply

At 12/27/12 12:15 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: went jamming for the first time since 2 years. 'twas fun, but it was hard lugging around a heavy-ass bass guitar without a bag.

I love jamming so much. I've got a monster Aguilar AG 500 combo amp with a GS 112, and an SWR Son of Burtha for the cab. It sounds amazing, but just the Aguilar half weighs at least 60lbs. Add in the cab, the pedals, and the Fender (or the Kingston if I want my 5-string) and you've got a crap ton of stuff to carry. It makes jamming much more difficult when you have to travel -_-

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 12:24:55 Reply

At 12/26/12 05:11 PM, Sequenced wrote: 19 years with no new years kiss... I'm on a roll.

Almost at a Rampage, don't stop now!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 12:28:52 Reply

At 12/27/12 12:22 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: I love jamming so much. I've got a monster Aguilar AG 500 combo amp with a GS 112, and an SWR Son of Burtha for the cab. It sounds amazing, but just the Aguilar half weighs at least 60lbs. Add in the cab, the pedals, and the Fender (or the Kingston if I want my 5-string) and you've got a crap ton of stuff to carry.

Woah bro, don't go all "guitar technician" on my ass...and speaking about guitar gear, what's the difference between a guitar amp and a bass amp? Before you go all "the name herp-a-derp lolz lmao XD XP rofl", I'm talking about noticeable differences (in regards to how it looks like, how many knobs, technical specs, etc.).

bassfiddlejones
bassfiddlejones
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 12:35:33 Reply

At 12/27/12 12:28 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
Woah bro, don't go all "guitar technician" on my ass...and speaking about guitar gear, what's the difference between a guitar amp and a bass amp? Before you go all "the name herp-a-derp lolz lmao XD XP rofl", I'm talking about noticeable differences (in regards to how it looks like, how many knobs, technical specs, etc.).

XD oh man. Just trying to say I hate carrying lots of stuff, hardly a "guitar technician". I play the bass dude.

Guitar and bass amps cater to different ranges of frequencies. In regard to what they look like, all amps have a fairly similar control system, and they all look different depending on the amount/size of speakers you have. I wouldn't be able to comment on the specific technical differences between the two, other than that they are built for different ranges of frequencies.

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 14:17:51 Reply

At 12/27/12 01:24 PM, Step wrote: And now for an interesting but somewhat depressing music article.

Interesting article... but I think #2 is bullshit.

I was listening to stuff like Lou Bega and Backstreet Boys (Yes, I admit it) when I was that age... Mid teens, I listened to generic pop, mid-late teens, punk, and now, metal and electronica.

Although there were a couple of other points I do agree a lot with, such as the linking songs to happy/sad memories and such... My best example is the Reanimation version of Crawling from Linkin Park. I used to listen to that album all the time back when I was addicted to EverQuest (Long, long time ago), and now, any time I hear that song, a particular area in the game pops into my mind (Specifically, the hunting grounds just outside the main Vah'Shir city on the moon Luclin... for those of you who played it).

I also associate the song "I Stand Alone" by Godsmack with a particular moment in High School when I was kicked out of Pure Math 10 for cracking a textbook across the back of someone's head in the middle of a lesson.

Interesting thing the mind is.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 16:52:33 Reply

At 12/27/12 12:35 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Guitar and bass amps cater to different ranges of frequencies. In regard to what they look like, all amps have a fairly similar control system, and they all look different depending on the amount/size of speakers you have. I wouldn't be able to comment on the specific technical differences between the two, other than that they are built for different ranges of frequencies.

Is it true that bass guitars should not be plugged into guitar amps? I've heard people say that, but it sounds far-fetched to me. The bass is not going to overload the guitar amp because the guitar amp is incapable of releasing such bass, I'd think... maybe I'm wrong.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 17:02:04 Reply

At 12/27/12 04:52 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Is it true that bass guitars should not be plugged into guitar amps? I've heard people say that, but it sounds far-fetched to me. The bass is not going to overload the guitar amp because the guitar amp is incapable of releasing such bass, I'd think... maybe I'm wrong.

TBH, I don't know. Unless if someone is dumb enough to crank the gain/drive/distortion all the way to 11, I really don't think it could do any harm.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 17:20:27 Reply

At 12/27/12 04:52 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Is it true that bass guitars should not be plugged into guitar amps?

Yes. You could the speaker if you're not careful. The other way around is fine.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 17:36:14 Reply

At 12/27/12 05:20 PM, Buoy wrote:
Yes. You could _____?_____ the speaker if you're not careful. The other way around is fine.

BLOW?
WRECK?
KISS?

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 18:02:21 Reply

At 12/27/12 05:36 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/27/12 05:20 PM, Buoy wrote:
Yes. You could _____?_____ the speaker if you're not careful. The other way around is fine.
BLOW?
WRECK?
KISS?

He accidentally the whole speaker.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 18:08:11 Reply

At 12/27/12 01:24 PM, Step wrote: And now for an interesting but somewhat depressing music article.

I'm not reading that, that would only kill the magic.


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 18:13:34 Reply

At 12/27/12 06:08 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 12/27/12 01:24 PM, Step wrote: And now for an interesting but somewhat depressing music article.
I'm not reading that, that would only kill the magic.

Most of it you already know I'd imagine anyways, nothing in there is really all that surprising, and is more like restating things that everyone knows already but doesn't really think about.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Liralei
Liralei
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 18:49:43 Reply

whoops, I made a post


(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.
{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}
Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 18:56:19 Reply

At 12/27/12 06:49 PM, Liralei wrote: whoops, I made a post

I actually went like the smiley up there when I spotted "Latest post: Liralei"

Liralei
Liralei
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 18:59:09 Reply

At 12/27/12 06:56 PM, Mich wrote:
At 12/27/12 06:49 PM, Liralei wrote: whoops, I made a post
I actually went like the smiley up there when I spotted "Latest post: Liralei"

HEY HEY I'M NOT DEAD YET.

...I'm just really bored and it's that time of the year where I get all woobie-y & nostalgic okay


(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.
{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}
Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-27 19:03:50 Reply

At 12/27/12 05:36 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/27/12 05:20 PM, Buoy wrote: Yes. You could _____?_____ the speaker if you're not careful. The other way around is fine.
BLOW?
WRECK?
KISS?

No. You could the speaker. It actually to me once.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-28 03:52:30 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516067 so this guy uses the same chord progression in every song...

/facepalm


lel

BBS Signature
Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-28 07:04:56 Reply

At 12/28/12 03:52 AM, Sequenced wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516067 so this guy uses the same chord progression in every song...

/facepalm

Well...

(the song's download ratio is 1:5)

Means it's doing good, regardless of chord progression. His/her fans probably can't realize the same chord progression over and over. I'm not a fan of his/her songs, though. I kinda feel the same thing over and over in most of his/her songs.

As my humanities teacher said: "if you can't deal with it, then suck it up and live with it".

At 12/27/12 07:03 PM, Buoy wrote:
No. You could the speaker. It actually to me once.

Why can't I understand Internetish


| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-28 07:56:45 Reply

At 12/28/12 03:52 AM, Sequenced wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/516067 so this guy uses the same chord progression in every song...

/facepalm

So you decided to give 1.5 stars with this as the only criteria. That's not really constructive.


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-28 17:43:04 Reply

At 12/28/12 05:34 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Taking advantage of the Eastwest 50% off sale I bought Symphonic Choirs and got it installed today.

Got it all working in FL Studio no problem including the WordBuilder (with the MFXshell plugin running it) and it worked straight away once I sorted out the MIDI in/out in the wrappers. Having so much fun with it just playing around with nasty/rude phrases just to test this awesome stuff out.

I've found that it stops working occasionally and only a reboot will make it work again. The WB plugin I mean. I'm using Windows 7 64bit though so maybe it doesn't like 64 bit.