Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 896,179 Views
  • 35,895 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 08:58 AM Reply

At 11/13/12 10:51 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Wut? Just reformat your hard drive. Viruses cannot effect any other components of your computer, except the data on your hard drive. A reformat deletes everything on that hard drive, and once you re-install your OS, you're good to go.

That's the cheapest solution. Might also be the best. If you think it's still worth it, by al means do. You can extend the life of a computer by keeping software up to date tremendously, reformatting and replacing hardware components that slow your computer down by buying new ones. Doing so is much cheaper, than buying a new one every x number of time.

However you can not do this infinitely. Eventually computers gets too old. Will not be able to handle up to date software. If you have to replace important, expensive or just many hardware at once it's time for a clean start, and buy a new one. Of course you can transfer anything you want (that's still worth it) from your old computer to the new.

Reformatting only gets rid of the viruses, but if a computer is full of viruses, there may be underlying problems. Those must be fixed as well. Out of date computers with an out of date operating system drivers, are more vulnerable to viruses. Reformatting is a lot of work, and there's no guarantee your computer will come out as good as it was before. Some programs may not reinstall (for reasons known or unknown), settings and preferences may be lost.

You'll have to look at how old your computer is, what you'd have to do to get it up to date, how much it is to buy a new one, how much money you have, and then decide for yourself what you think is best.


BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:24 AM Reply

At 11/12/12 04:41 PM, Quarl wrote: You guys are boring. Post nudes.

don't tempt me :P

LONG LIVE PICCIES THREAD :p

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:27 AM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:24 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 11/12/12 04:41 PM, Quarl wrote: You guys are boring. Post nudes.
don't tempt me :P

LONG LIVE PICCIES THREAD :p

3rd place winner in pumpkin carving contest :)

  • Demented Mr. Ullman Pumpkin
    Demented Mr. Ullman Pumpkin by Chronamut

    mr. ullman is a creepy dapper guy in a flash called poopin beaks, this ws submitted for a contest on newgrounds.com, as the f...

    Score
    4.461538462 / 5.00
    Type
    Other
    Popularity
    682 Views
    Rated
    Everyone


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 09:54 AM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:27 AM, Chronamut wrote: 3rd place winner in pumpkin carving contest :)
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/chronamut/demented-mr-ull man-pumpkin

Congrats! Great work! Looks a lot like the "real" Mr Ullman.


BBS Signature
gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:23 AM Reply

What cool plug-ins should i get. Some cool effects ones

SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 11:01 AM Reply

At 11/14/12 10:23 AM, gavkay21 wrote: What cool plug-ins should i get. Some cool effects ones

Could you be more specific? You mean for music I assume. What programs do you use, and what plugins do they support? What kind of music are you going to make? With effects you mean effect devices (EQs, compressors, spreaders, noisegates, distortion, chorus, phasers, vocoders, etc) fx samples, software instruments, or something else? What kind of plugins are you looking for (VST, sample refills, presets or other)? Do you have anything in mind?


BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 01:05 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 09:54 AM, SourJovis wrote:
At 11/14/12 09:27 AM, Chronamut wrote: 3rd place winner in pumpkin carving contest :)
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/chronamut/demented-mr-ull man-pumpkin
Congrats! Great work! Looks a lot like the "real" Mr Ullman.

"I SHOULDA BEEN YOUR "JACK NICHOLSON!""

The Audio Forum Lounge


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 10:47 PM Reply

Is there a way to change the title of a song that I've published today?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 10:47 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: Is there a way to change the title of a song that I've published today?

nop


lel

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 11:53 PM Reply

did i miss anything important?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 01:57 AM Reply

At 11/14/12 11:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: did i miss anything important?

nothing is important

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 03:26 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 01:57 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 11/14/12 11:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: did i miss anything important?
nothing is important

errything is

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 05:38 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 03:26 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 11/15/12 01:57 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 11/14/12 11:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: did i miss anything important?
nothing is important
errything is

no it isn't

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 05:41 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 05:38 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 11/15/12 03:26 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 11/15/12 01:57 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 11/14/12 11:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: did i miss anything important?
nothing is important
errything is
no it isn't

at least some is, right

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 05:47 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 05:41 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 11/15/12 05:38 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 11/15/12 03:26 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 11/15/12 01:57 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 11/14/12 11:53 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: did i miss anything important?
nothing is important
errything is
no it isn't
at least some is, right

well, maybe a little

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 06:02 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 05:47 AM, MrSaint wrote: well, maybe a little

i knew we can come to an agreement

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 06:29 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 06:02 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 11/15/12 05:47 AM, MrSaint wrote: well, maybe a little
i knew we can come to an agreement

but your agreement doesn't matter

I'll leave nao

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 10:45 AM Reply

My PC is fucked up: Part 2

I'm definately NOT going to reformat my hard drive. I've dealt with problems like this before and I'm sure I can do the same now.
Ok, IE is working again, but it's extremely slow and whenever I open a new page there's a 30% chance that it'll be unable to load it, in which case I have to refresh the page. This is quite some progress, but it's annoying when you quickly need to check something.
Google Chrome is still fucked up. However I decided to de-install Mozilla Firefox and install it again, and for some reason the Flash Player now does work, so Firefox is gonna be my primary browser for the time being.

WMP still doesn't work either and I still gotta check my security settings. I've scanned my PC for malware and whatnot but other than some cookies there were no results.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Braiton
Braiton
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 11:17 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 10:45 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: My PC is fucked up: Part 2
WMP still doesn't work either and I still gotta check my security settings. I've scanned my PC for malware and whatnot but other than some cookies there were no results.

Or you could just backup your shit, reformat and be done with it quickly rather than spending years figuring out what's wrong with your PC.

PS: I had the same problem, with my PC being fucked up and doing whatever it wanted. Turns out it was infected to the core with some random shit that didn't show up in security or anti-virus scans. But ya' know. I just reformatted and solved the problem.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 11:20 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 11:17 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 11/15/12 10:45 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: My PC is fucked up: Part 2
WMP still doesn't work either and I still gotta check my security settings. I've scanned my PC for malware and whatnot but other than some cookies there were no results.
Or you could just backup your shit, reformat and be done with it quickly rather than spending years figuring out what's wrong with your PC.

PS: I had the same problem, with my PC being fucked up and doing whatever it wanted. Turns out it was infected to the core with some random shit that didn't show up in security or anti-virus scans. But ya' know. I just reformatted and solved the problem.

I kinda hardheaded when it comes to reformatting but I kinda feel like reformatting is the same as 'giving up'. And I don't like that.
Also, Google Chrome is working again. Better than it ever did. Dafuq?


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 06:53 PM Reply

At 11/15/12 11:20 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I kinda hardheaded when it comes to reformatting but I kinda feel like reformatting is the same as 'giving up'. And I don't like that.

Suit yourself. All that time trying to fix your computer could be spent on making music or doing other useful things.

gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 08:35 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 11:01 AM, SourJovis wrote:
At 11/14/12 10:23 AM, gavkay21 wrote: What cool plug-ins should i get. Some cool effects ones
Could you be more specific?

Dunno man just cool ones i should check out

SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 11/15/12 08:35 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Dunno man just cool ones i should check out

I use this one all the time

Anyone having problems with the new soundcloud layout? Half the songs I try to play don't start :?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 11/15/12 08:39 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 11/15/12 08:35 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Dunno man just cool ones i should check out
I use this one all the time

Anyone having problems with the new soundcloud layout? Half the songs I try to play don't start :?

what new layout?


lel

SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 15th, 2012 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 11/15/12 08:55 PM, Sequenced wrote: what new layout?

The new soundcloud beta layout thing.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 09:50 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 08:39 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 11/15/12 08:35 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Dunno man just cool ones i should check out
I use this one all the time

What does it do exactly? Is it something you throw on the master bus to see if your mix sounds good in any room?


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 10:18 AM Reply

At 11/15/12 08:39 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 11/15/12 08:35 PM, gavkay21 wrote: Dunno man just cool ones i should check out
I use this one all the time

Anyone having problems with the new soundcloud layout? Half the songs I try to play don't start :?

Thanks man, and yeah its been really buggy with me too

gavkay21
gavkay21
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 10:26 AM Reply

Made this for all the people spamming their songs in the audio portal
(yes i am that bored)

The Audio Forum Lounge

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 10:36 AM Reply

At 11/16/12 10:26 AM, gavkay21 wrote: Made this for all the people spamming their songs in the audio portal
(yes i am that bored)

FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS


lel

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Member since: Sep. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 10:53 AM Reply

Has anyone ever tried the 'dick in a hole in a bag of popcorn' trick in the cinema?
Turns out it actually works.


Example of my singing here

BBS Signature