Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 07:27:10 Reply

At 12/18/12 07:01 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 12/18/12 06:54 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
What's wrong with being your current gender?
It's too phallic.

Only good answer to a question like that.

But seriously, good luck. Pretty sure it's a bigger thing to go through than you made it seem with that quick post about it.

also sorry, no dickpics from me
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 07:39:48 Reply

At 12/18/12 07:26 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 12/18/12 07:01 AM, Quarl wrote: It's too phallic.
You do realise that if you go through with this, cock jokes in the lounge will never be the same for you...

I don't care what anyone says. A cock joke is always a cock joke and everyone should be entitled to enjoying themselves some good old fashioned cock. Why would getting a sex change affect anything I post here on newgrounds?

Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 08:46:58 Reply

At 12/18/12 07:39 AM, Quarl wrote:
woman

KNEW IT. For years....in fact I thought youda gone the Echoz route before echoz did

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 16:37:53 Reply

At 12/18/12 06:14 AM, Quarl wrote:
... actually I haven't made it common knowledge yet. I'm going the gender reassignment route. I'm open to discussion about it but I figure I'll just post info as people ask for it. I

people who cross dress as a "joke" are the ones who always end up doing this shit lol

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 16:41:38 Reply

yay the world is getting more chicks

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 18:40:50 Reply

At 12/18/12 04:41 PM, Buoy wrote: yay the world is getting more chicks

you may want to rethink what you just said....

lel

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 18:48:53 Reply

At 12/18/12 06:40 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 12/18/12 04:41 PM, Buoy wrote: yay the world is getting more chicks
you may want to rethink what you just said....

what,

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 19:25:35 Reply

Since most systems tend to smiley face EQs.

should i make the mids TOO loud (on neutral systems) on my tracks?

I was mixing to what sounds right on my new more neutral headphones, and kept on scratching my head as to why the drums were sounding too loud on speakers (under 200& apiece) while sounding just right on my cans. And i figured it had to be this issue, but DAMN is the difference the two ridiculous.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 19:56:18 Reply

At 12/18/12 07:25 PM, jpbear wrote: should i make the mids TOO loud (on neutral systems) on my tracks?

What I started doing the other day is chuck an EQ on the master when mixing, and bandpass around 100hz-15khz. I keep it disabled most of the time, but when I want to make sure the meat of my track will translate well on most systems, I enable it.

As for making the mids too loud, I don't know about that, but just make sure they don't get overrun by the highs (like you wouldn't already know that). Have you ever brought in a recent EDM track into your DAW and chucked a spectrum analyzer on it? The loudest part of the frequency spectrum in electro tracks these days is definitely in the low end. The mids and highs are usually pretty even (depending on the track, of course).

When I got my Yamaha MSP5s, which have a really good high end for monitoring, I'd get a track really loud without being squashed to hell and be like WTF THIS IS AWESOME I'M WINNING LOUDNESS WAR! Then I realised my highs were way too loud compared to the mids, and it sounded bleh on my headphones, and I'd imagine on most systems. In fact, when the mids are nice it definitely does sound better on my monitors, it's just that if most of it is up in the higher end, my speakers will hear it clearer than most systems.

The main thing is to make sure that the lead synth/vocals are clearer than anything else. When I do remixes for contests, I usually hear that my mixes have way louder vocals compared to most other tracks. But that's what people want to focus on: the vocals; not the complex synths or drum riffs I got coinciding with the vocals.

I do find it ironic though, that you're asking this question, coz I got two of your tracks in my iTunes library, French Poop Yummy and Jelly. The mids are really nice and thick and I'm like "how the hell did he do that?".

Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 20:13:34 Reply

At 12/18/12 07:56 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
I do find it ironic though, that you're asking this question, coz I got two of your tracks in my iTunes library, French Poop Yummy and Jelly. The mids are really nice and thick and I'm like "how the hell did he do that?".

get on the new shit lol, mix is shiet in both those :P

this clip is one of the few mixes i cant pick a problem with the mix, http://soundcloud.com/masqofficial/masq-the-circus-prev

its true though, most people would be surprised at how quiet mids, low mids, and highs are in louder edm tracks, my fav mixes are by artists such as aeph or memtrix who are LOUD but really neutral all around.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 20:50:11 Reply

I put a har on my icon. I win! Wheeeeeeee.

I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 20:52:09 Reply

At 12/18/12 08:13 PM, jpbear wrote: this clip is one of the few mixes i cant pick a problem with the mix, http://soundcloud.com/masqofficial/masq-the-circus-prev

Nice mix. The main improvement I notice with this track compared to your other mixes I've heard is the percussion. Drums sound so much more powerful and better in that mix.

aeph or memtrix who are LOUD but really neutral all around.

I just checked out Aeph - Breakneck Speed, and the bass was heavy as. My eyes felt like they were gonna water lol

I then checked out Highway Thirteen - that doesn't sound too heavy in the sub. Still some good bass though.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 20:52:37 Reply

At 12/18/12 08:50 PM, sweet21 wrote: I put a har on my icon. I win! Wheeeeeeee.

HAT. The word I was looking for was HAT. But if you can find a way for har to sound suitable then continue using har. har har har....
Like a kitten with yarn she will- OH GOD STOP HITTING ME!

I'm just a dreamer.
never forgetti, like mom's spaghetti Credit to @pussyshark

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 22:29:37 Reply

So I thought I'd take a stroll in the Politics forum...

I love how nobody ever wins or loses an argument over there...

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 22:36:54 Reply

Omnisphere

It's finally here, it's installed (All 6 dual layer DVDs of it), and I've done some playing with it.

There are no words to describe how unbelievably awesome it is. Worth every penny. And I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 23:10:24 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Omnisphere

It's finally here, it's installed (All 6 dual layer DVDs of it), and I've done some playing with it.

There are no words to describe how unbelievably awesome it is. Worth every penny. And I haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Can't wait to hear what you come up with as a result! :D

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-18 23:45:04 Reply

At 12/18/12 10:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Omnisphere

We are so collabing soon.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 00:37:31 Reply

"Ahhh, should be able to finish this project off today."

Spend the day polishing the mix. Spend about an hour or two mastering. Export. Import to iTunes library.

"Mmm, nice bass, nice tone. Oooh, let's crosscheck with headphones."

Plug headphones in. Hit play.

"FUCK SHIT AND DAMNIT!!!!"

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 03:48:46 Reply

At 12/18/12 04:37 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 12/18/12 06:14 AM, Quarl wrote:
... actually I haven't made it common knowledge yet. I'm going the gender reassignment route. I'm open to discussion about it but I figure I'll just post info as people ask for it. I
people who cross dress as a "joke" are the ones who always end up doing this shit lol

Actually the people that always end up doing it are older men in their 50s that didn't transition when they were younger. Some have families. Some are divorced. Some are kids that came to the conclusion at a much younger age. Some trans have supporting family while others are ostracized by their surroundings. Some don't speak an ounce of english but still find the resources they need. I read a statistic recently that said "around 90% of transexuals are impoverished and homeless. I'm not sure if that's just Oakland or what. EVERY trans individual has a unique experience and seeing as how you've probably never been to a trans support group I'll ask you never to make such a stupid ass uninformed statement again. Curious, how many transexuals do you know? Two?

me and echoz?

I went to a support group recently and was shocked at how sad depressed and miserable everyone was. They were all older male to female trans; as I said, in their mid fifties. You can't, nor should you live with repressed emotions like that. The few trans individuals I've met that were my own age were way different. They happened to be incredibly happy and proud of their lives and their decisions. It was echoz that said to me a while back "I didn't want to be transitioning in my mid 50s/ later in life." After seeing first hand what that looks like, I realized that I'm not going to keep my feelings to myself anymore. I'm never happier than when I get the chance to be myself.

Doing it as a joke? That's one way of saying I was feeling a little insecure. I might have been parading it as a joke but don't you dare assume that all trans individuals are like me. Most are sad. I'm incredibly happy about being trans. I only wish others have had as "positive" of an experience as I've had. Let it be known, it's only been positive these last few years. I fucking hated myself growing up.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 04:59:25 Reply

At 12/19/12 03:48 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 12/18/12 04:37 PM, jpbear wrote: people who cross dress as a "joke" are the ones who always end up doing this shit lol
I went to a support group recently and was shocked at how sad depressed and miserable everyone was.

A staggering 41 percent of transgender people in the United States have attempted to commit suicide

That's 2 in 5 people.

I think it's safe to assume that a significant amount of people who tend to "jokingly" cross-dress and whatnot are trying to make themselves a bit happier while concealing the deep sadness and stress within.

I think the above number would be much lower if there weren't the massive prejudice from everywhere and if governments around the world made no big fuss about providing the right treatment.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 10:43:22 Reply

At 12/18/12 08:52 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
I then checked out Highway Thirteen - that doesn't sound too heavy in the sub. Still some good bass though.

love the track too much, perfect example of the "not too loud" type of track.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 11:01:37 Reply

Is anyone around NYC on Saturday night? I'm going to a rave at Webster hall...

lel

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 11:03:15 Reply

At 12/19/12 04:59 AM, Mich wrote:
I think the above number would be much lower if there weren't the massive prejudice from everywhere and if governments around the world made no big fuss about providing the right treatment.

We've been over this before, my ONLY problem with transgender and gender changed people is that they have to get an operation done. I think it far over steps the bounds of what a doctor should be able to do on a medical level, and it sure as hell should not be covered publicly (just like abortions shouldnt either and other operations)

another thing i have a problem with is (I forget the stat) but that a significant amount end up going back and getting more operations after changing.

At 12/19/12 03:48 AM, Quarl wrote:
me and echoz?

yep, but not too cool with either of ya. But i really have no problem with people with non-conventional gender identities, one of my best friends has been a lesbian since birth essentially.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 22:59:59 Reply

7 more hours until the international dateline hits 12 AM Dec 21.

What are YOU going to do for your final 7 hours?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 23:02:33 Reply

At 12/19/12 10:59 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: 7 more hours until the international dateline hits 12 AM Dec 21.

What are YOU going to do for your final 7 hours?

I'm gonna take up an old hobby...

Pic relevant.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 23:05:18 Reply

At 12/19/12 11:02 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

Anime marathon? :P

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-19 23:07:59 Reply

At 12/19/12 11:05 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/19/12 11:02 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
Anime marathon? :P

Sure... let's go with that...

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 02:30:40 Reply

SORRY TO BURST UR BUBBLEZ GUIZES BUT IT SEEMS DAT DEY FOUND A NEW MAYAN CALANDER AND DIS ONE SAYS WE HAS LYK 6000 MOAR YEARS LOL LMAO #YOLO EVERYBODY SO MAD SSHHH NO MORE TEARS, ONLY NEW MAYAN CALENDAR.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandt hecaribbean/guatemala/9259069/The-world-may-not-end-soon-pre dicts-newly-found-Mayan-calendar.html

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-12-20 03:00:36 Reply

At 12/20/12 02:30 AM, MaestroRage wrote: SORRY TO BURST UR BUBBLEZ GUIZES BUT IT SEEMS DAT DEY FOUND A NEW MAYAN CALANDER AND DIS ONE SAYS WE HAS LYK 6000 MOAR YEARS

600 years... did you even read the article? Do you even lift? FUCK!

This means that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren may live through the end of the world...

Saying that makes me realise how short our life spans are...