Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 933,691 Views
  • 36,165 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Member since: May. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 07:37:40 Reply

At 5/8/09 07:23 AM, Jarrydn wrote: I can't believe that you even wonder why feminists are uptight and angry. Actually, I can, because you don't seem to have the ability to empathize. Which is a pretty easy trap to fall in when YOU belong to the vastly more privileged sex.

I don't wonder. I can see there side of things, but being arrogant and snobby isn't really accomplishing much is it. I can quite easily empathize for them too, But they don't honestly have it ridiculously hard off. African Americans are able to look past things such as being enslaved and tortured for years and years, and not be extremely judgmental and uptight. Ofcoarse it took a lot of time and effort, But by trying to coexist and do the best they can to work together as one (Despite obvious bumps) they're accomplishing more.

If they could try to be on the same page as all other people, and accept some cold hard facts, Then they'd be happier and people would be more open to them. I'm not going to try and talk something out with an arrogant snobby bastard, in comparison to someone whos polite and reasonable, But still drives in their point. Is that too much to ask?

And as I said, I have nothing against womens rights, and the fact they're fighting for them. But they have a lot of the things they have complained about over time. Yet they are able to find another reason to make men the devil. I personally couldn't care less what is concealed behind your clothes, If your right for something, then your right for something.

I'm not going to get anywhere in Politics if every time I want to pass a bill or whatever, and someone argues their point, I reply with a; 'That's silly, your biased and wrong, I hate your type'. Its not likely that the 'argument' behind that bill will push it to be passed. If I instead sit and politely yet firmly argue my point, It has a larger chance.

SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Member since: May. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 07:53:51 Reply

Women's Rights

Every time someone almost runs me over while im riding my bike in the city .. it just happens to be a woman in an SUV.. why the hell are they allowed to have so much power under them...I understand the feeling of security in an SUV but seriously they are bigger and harder to drive precisely.. Im on a ten speed mountain bike for 8 -10 hours a day and at least twice a day i have to pull off some crazy maneuver just to avoid these women in SUVs. They are even worse than the Cab drivers and the cab drivers are always out for blood.

Nekoprism
Nekoprism
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 07:59:36 Reply

At 5/8/09 01:44 AM, Quarl wrote:
Meh, I'm more concerned for this kids health. I'm sure he's been waiting all day to zero bomb my songs because it happens every day at around 1 in the morn. If he really is a 13 year old kid, he should be in bed getting sleep so he's ready for school tomorrow. Can't impress the folks with A's if your not getting them because you get no sleep.

As for voting up my songs, I do it, but I feel so fucking lame doing it. Scores don't count for anything, but theres something about having a 2.xx score that just makes me feel shitty. It's like having a dent in your car, but dumber

Never thought the kid could be in a different timezone than you? It might be 3 in the afternoon for him.

And I feel the same regarding scores. I like to think that I don't really care about it, but when I see one of songs around 2... I really feel shitty about it... and when I vote 5 on them to bring them up just a little... I feel even shittier. But lately I've been thinking we're a bunch stuck with the same problem... So I feel less guilty. =)


BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 10
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 08:17:57 Reply

At 5/8/09 07:37 AM, iCurrie wrote:
I don't wonder. I can see there side of things, but being arrogant and snobby isn't really accomplishing much is it. I can quite easily empathize for them too, But they don't honestly have it ridiculously hard off. African Americans are able to look past things such as being enslaved and tortured for years and years, and not be extremely judgmental and uptight. Ofcoarse it took a lot of time and effort, But by trying to coexist and do the best they can to work together as one (Despite obvious bumps) they're accomplishing more.

For one reason or another, racism is seen to be inherently worse than sexism. I mean, sure, you wouldn't be able to get away with saying on tv 'women are inferior to men', just as you wouldn't be able to say 'black people are inferior to white people', but you can totally get away with being a sneaky cunt, and reinforcing gender stereotypes.

For instance, when was the last time you saw a tv commercial advertising remote controlled cars, and saw a girl playing with it? Never man. It's because girls are 'supposed' to play with barbies and their pink ez bake oven.

As for African Americans 'looking past things', need I mention the black panthers?

If they could try to be on the same page as all other people, and accept some cold hard facts, Then they'd be happier and people would be more open to them. I'm not going to try and talk something out with an arrogant snobby bastard, in comparison to someone whos polite and reasonable, But still drives in their point. Is that too much to ask?

Yeah man, because the world totally works that way :[. I don't know if you've ever seen politicians having a discussion in parliament, but I can assure you that it almost always results in petty name calling and abuse. And these are the people running our fucking country.

And as I said, I have nothing against womens rights, and the fact they're fighting for them. But they have a lot of the things they have complained about over time. Yet they are able to find another reason to make men the devil. I personally couldn't care less what is concealed behind your clothes, If your right for something, then your right for something.

Well, I'm glad that you feel this way dude, but if you haven't noticed, alot of guys still treat women as objects to be owned and collected, whether they like to admit it or not. All you have to do is go into the general forum to see evidence of this.

If a woman sleeps with heaps of dudes, she's a whore.

If a dude sleeps with heaps of chicks, he's a legend.

I'm not going to get anywhere in Politics if every time I want to pass a bill or whatever, and someone argues their point, I reply with a; 'That's silly, your biased and wrong, I hate your type'. Its not likely that the 'argument' behind that bill will push it to be passed. If I instead sit and politely yet firmly argue my point, It has a larger chance.

Really? I wish I lived in the world that you do, my friend.


audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 14:03:42 Reply

Women's rights

We can discuss anything here lol.
I think women's rights should be equal to men's rights and that's that.
Just because your body is a bit different doesn't mean you should get different rights.
Blond people don't get other rights than darkhaired people.

ALSO

I can now break in more easy with my fine tool. Even though it's a bit rusty, it looks ready for the job.

#10.
Phoog
Phoog
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 14:09:44 Reply

I need a job

For the life of me, I can't seem to get anyone to hire me.
Which boils down to no money.
Which boils down to not having my car insured.

Basically. I need a lift to the pub tonight and no one's about. BUMS!

loansindi
loansindi
  • Member since: Mar. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 14:11:44 Reply

I need a job

Fuckin tell me about it man.

Gorgorothx
Gorgorothx
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 14:19:31 Reply

At 5/8/09 07:53 AM, SymbolCymbal wrote: Every time someone almost runs me over while im riding my bike in the city .. it just happens to be a woman in an SUV.. why the hell are they allowed to have so much power under them..

SymbolCymbal

I just found the perfect game for you to brush up on your car-dodging skills! It's a new submission in the flash portal

haha i played it and thought of you, Symbol.

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 14:39:43 Reply

At 5/8/09 02:12 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/8/09 02:03 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I can now break in more easy with my fine tool. Even though it's a bit rusty, it looks ready for the job.
Best unintended sexual innuendo of the day.

Most perverted mind rather.

You could turn anything into a sexual innuendo really

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 15:14:18 Reply

At 5/8/09 02:39 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
You could turn anything into a sexual innuendo really

We could take turns inyourendo.

I call first! Any one else want a turn?

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Zenan
Zenan
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 15:14:39 Reply

At 5/8/09 02:39 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 5/8/09 02:12 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 5/8/09 02:03 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I can now break in more easy with my fine tool. Even though it's a bit rusty, it looks ready for the job.
Best unintended sexual innuendo of the day.
Most perverted mind rather.

You could turn anything into a sexual innuendo really

No really dude, I read that quote and I genuinely thought you were talking about boning virgins. :F

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 15:42:35 Reply

Heretical blasphemy.

You sir, made me laugh. Thank you!

Summer!

So summer is very close and I am happy for a lot of reasons. The first one is that I finished my exams yesterday and I am partying! Well one more is that I am getting my new laptop which means I can start making music. Vacations, thats the main reason, people, we shall rest! Well I will.
Anyway how you see YOUR summer? What are your plans?

YouriX
YouriX
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 15:52:58 Reply

Exams

Still busy with them but as the look of things not good :(

Other
On the other side something wierd happend to me latley. For the past few days i swore to myself not get a girlfriend. Since i have been having bad expierence with them. So days and months pass by things go well. But out of nowhere apears this beauty of a woman. And i cant stop thinking about her and really i am trying to stop thinking about her. Yea i do talk to her and sometimes we hang out. hmmm alot actualy.. But still i dont want to get broken hearted again :(
Anywho talking about this in the audio forum lounge doesnt sound like a good idea but i dont care :P
Just wanted to vent this out!

Phoog
Phoog
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 17:21:16 Reply

I need a job

At 5/8/09 02:12 PM, LaForge wrote: You're going to the pub with no money? Bum.

Also, I feel your pain. Michigan is the worst state in the union to find a job at the moment. Even WalMart turned me down after an interview. WALMART.

Nah. Night in due to lack of money. I thought I'd have enough for drinks if I could find a ride. Turns out I have £3.84, or something like that. :(

I know everywhere I ask or apply to just might as well tell me to fuck off. Recession smhession.

Hades
Hades
  • Member since: May. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 17:22:43 Reply

Broken Heart

At 5/8/09 03:52 PM, YouriX wrote: But still i dont want to get broken hearted again :(

Do something about it, or you'll hate yourself. Look at it this way: if you think about her enough that you're ready to ask us (or anyone) for an opinion on the matter, it basically means that you're looking for approval. I say do it. The worst thing that could happen is you're kinda cranky for a while, and then another one will inevitably come along. Repeat the process 'till you find one you'd wish to stick with, and you've got yourself a nice little circle of life 'n' shit.


BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Member since: May. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 17:34:19 Reply

At 5/8/09 03:52 PM, YouriX wrote: But still i dont want to get broken hearted again :(

Its not very often that something worthwhile is going to fall into your lap. You want to do the perfect drawing? Your gonna use your eraser a few times. The perfect exam? Break out the white-out.

What I'm saying is, Basically your bound to get screwed over a few times. Its life. It could be once, it could be 50. Some people (Like 1%) never get it done. In my earlier years I went through about two really serious things that ended in me coming out of it fucked up. Now, I've been happily with someone for the past 6 months, Its not much, But its enough.

Sure, This could end horribly too, But the possibilities of joy, outweigh those of sadness. If shes on your mind enough to want to ask everyone here, then maybe shes worth a shot. If you have a while and think about it, Do the potential positives outweigh the potential negatives?

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 17:53:21 Reply

my advice for relationships - if you have to actually think about whether you can bear to get your heart broken again - you're not really in love - once you're in love - everything else in the world simply ceases to matter :)

as for the americans whining about jobs? Cut the crap - your "state" isnt the "worst" place for lack of jobs - there are no fucking jobs - ANYWHERE!

the only way I was able ot get a job was because I co-oped at one of the largest cable companies in ontario - and somehow kept my foot in the door long enuff for them to hire me on contract - when in reality - they had no job openings open - networking is key guys - it really really is.

As for womens rights - don't even get me started - lesbians are the worst for that too. You say oh poor them they get treated as a sex objects - face it - a lot of them PORTRAY themselves as that - you cant whine about guys drooling all over you and have your boobs almost popping out of your top - it just doesn't work both ways.

as for guys having lots of sex and being declared a hero - get your fucking hear out of your hetero ass - it just makes you a manwhore who is a "legend" to idiotic macho idiots. Have fun not having any morals - I am sure it will do you well when you are 50 years old and can't find anyone to settle down with cuz you got all manner of diseases..

I am not using the word "gay" anymore as I don't like the attention it brings.

trust me the world of the non-heteros is darker than any "woman's" world - unless theyre lesbians of course - then its just doubly bad. The non-hetero world lacks any sort of self-control whatsoever - and it is those that can actually think with their heads, and not with their dicks - that have any right to hold on to any self-respect whatsoever.

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Member since: May. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 18:12:53 Reply

Womens Rights - Steretypes.

I'm being called out after stereotyping Feminist types.When actually I admitted to making a generalization, But one that I'm yet to be proved wrong about. Give me the names of some women who had the right attitude in moving forward with womens rights. For all the things they 'don't get'. I can empathize, But in reality, they're not that hard off.

Its not the best example, But its still getting my point across. Tupac, was a big person on morals and his beliefs on black culture, etc. He didn't go around sining songs entitled 'Fuck the Crackers'. He actually used some wise words, smart words. Ones people think about. He didn't just sit behind a microphone and whinge the entire time. Martin Luther King works as an example too.

And women keep finding problems. They're the ones who aren't able to empathize. (I mean Feminists, Not all women). If a woman is walking around in a low cut singlet, tight skirt, and high heels. Which bleach blond hair, and fake boobs. Then be prepared to get stared at by horny men. And don't act like you wore that because its comfortable, You wanted the attention. Then you got the attention. Then some fatty decided to complain about men when she found out.

What do women sincerely miss out on, That they want. Honestly?

Your not seen as

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Member since: May. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 18:14:43 Reply

At 5/8/09 06:12 PM, iCurrie wrote: Your not seen as

I have no idea where that bit came from. So Its just a big ol' typo. Forget it.

Also, Hades, You might want to edit your 'Big 50' link.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 18:17:17 Reply

man I love it "fuck the crackers"

someone please make 20 million songs called this :3

Rawmin
Rawmin
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 18:29:36 Reply

Relationships
They suck.

I have been hanging out with this girl non stop for several months, and sometimes she told me she liked me, but wasn't sure if she wanted a relationship. I obviously was crazy about her at this point, so i started making some moves, flirting a lot, shed flirt back, i put my arm around her, and she freaked, and told me she wasn't sure if she really did like me as more than a friend. So we went back to being best friends, but i told her she would have to be cool with the fact that i still liked her. So she said she was, and just recently she said she regretted pushing me away, and wanted me to know that she does still like me as more than a friend, so we've been dating-ish again, and now shes acting like she did just before she pre-dumped me last time! Shes making me crazy, and yet I dont care, no matter how many times she rejects me, and then reels me back in, i never give up on her. Its crazyness! So yea, thats my vent for the day, glad someone brought it up, cause i needed a good vent.

TL;DR?

then don't bother trying to read it. its not worth it :P


BBS Signature
nal1200
nal1200
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 18:39:44 Reply

New love of my life!

I finally purchased Flash CS4 from my school's IT Store!

I installed it and got to set up my workspace and I LOVE IT.

Not that this is related to the Audio Forum, but I can see this as a new competitor for my time (SORRY FL STUDIO!)

I love my new baby.

Zenan
Zenan
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 18:46:37 Reply

New love of my life!

Anybody who doesn't feel the way about a girl that Nal feels about CS4 shouldn't bother with her.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 19:03:27 Reply

At 5/8/09 06:46 PM, Zenan wrote: New love of my life!

Anybody who doesn't feel the way about a girl that Nal feels about CS4 shouldn't bother with her.

haha so true.

also this experience with women I find intriguing.. I have never been in a situation like that with a guy.. its pretty much black or white - at least in this corner of that world - in the stereotype world its drama galore..

gregaaron89
gregaaron89
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 19:15:38 Reply

Lurve

At 5/8/09 07:03 PM, Chronamut wrote:
also this experience with women I find intriguing.. I have never been in a situation like that with a guy.. its pretty much black or white - at least in this corner of that world - in the stereotype world its drama galore..

I wish it could be that way for me but I never seem to have any strong feelings for anyone I meet. Only occasionally someone will catch my interest, and usually I can't pursue them because of their sexuality or relationship status. I don't even really know what love feels like.

nal1200
nal1200
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 19:25:55 Reply

At 5/8/09 07:15 PM, gregaaron89 wrote: Lurve

At 5/8/09 07:03 PM, Chronamut wrote:
also this experience with women I find intriguing.. I have never been in a situation like that with a guy.. its pretty much black or white - at least in this corner of that world - in the stereotype world its drama galore..
I wish it could be that way for me but I never seem to have any strong feelings for anyone I meet. Only occasionally someone will catch my interest, and usually I can't pursue them because of their sexuality or relationship status. I don't even really know what love feels like.

Lurve

I don't think i've ever been in love either, but I definitely know what it feels like to meet someone you're extremely attracted to. You get that sick feeling in your stomach and conversations with them are the best.

Then of course your pants get embarrassingly tight. Not even standard boner tight, but TIGHTER.

What's worse is when you two are talking on the couch or something and she gets up to do something, and you're instinctively supposed to follow her but you have a huge.. dilemma. lol

Hades
Hades
  • Member since: May. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 19:28:00 Reply

Updating

At 5/8/09 06:14 PM, iCurrie wrote: Also, Hades, You might want to edit your 'Big 50' link.

Whoops. Forgot to change those! Will get right on it, thanks for the tip!


BBS Signature
YouriX
YouriX
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 19:52:55 Reply

Lurv

Wow i never expected this much respond.Thanks guys your the best! But i'll try to awsner some of your responds.
Okay Its true! the reason for me posting on the internet and venting my feelings is that i want approval of my actions. Today infact i found out she works in the same place as i do and even goes to the same church! You would almost think that God is playing games with me :P

And God!! I wish the straight world was as simpel as the non-hetero world wich evrything is black and white! Because i also was in some sorta of a date-ish relationship she says she doesnt have feelings for me yet i get alot of miss calls and sometimes she comes and visits me (yes i know wierd huh?). if you dont like dont stop contacting me because, i dont! So i was fed up with this and ended the relationship. I did that by having less contact with her and being a bit more distant gradually.

But you know what! Yeah i'll give it a try! And see how things goes with this new love i see potential in this but will see.

Womens right

Well i dont know what to say. Im not really up to date about stuff like that. All i know is that i do have respect for women. By being nice and polite like i would do to a man. I mean isnt that enough?

Phoog
Phoog
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 20:04:28 Reply

Lurve... and shit

God if someone kept telling me they were into me, then not, then unsure, I'd tell them to fuck off playing with my emotions.

This year girls have proved to me they can be wankers. I think I'm gunna finally enjoy what it is to be single, instead of sitting here wanting someone I haven't met yet.

Hooray!

but if you're into someone, go for it - that's all there is to it
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Member since: May. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-05-08 20:15:46 Reply

At 5/8/09 07:52 PM, YouriX wrote: Well i dont know what to say. Im not really up to date about stuff like that. All i know is that i do have respect for women. By being nice and polite like i would do to a man. I mean isnt that enough?

I respect women and treat them like I should; As another human being. But they just have to accept they have all the things they want and need. I mean, They're women regardless. Of coarse men will be chosen to lift weights before women, play rough sport before women, work in mines before women, etc. But that's because its more efficient, Not because we hate women.

Its like me complaining about not being able to pose for an 'All blonds' photo shoot. I have brown hair. That's what I was given in life. You were given vaginas, Take advantage of what you can with what you have. Just like we cant rightfully wear skirts and straighten our hair for 2 hours a day after applying makeup without being shunned. Thats how the world works.

Your wasting what you WERE given, By sitting and complaining. Focus on what you have, Not what you lack. Its common sense. Now I think we've established all we can on womens rights, So now we can squash it.