00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snooze34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The GameOver Thinker

20,953 Views | 196 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2009-12-15 22:09:19

At 12/15/09 07:38 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I hope this guy gets run over by a firetruck.

You must REALLY hate Zero Punctuation, then.

Aren't we all entitled to our opinions? No? Alright then...

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2009-12-15 22:21:38

Some of his videos are pretty cool, but I can't help but feel to hate some of his ideas

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2009-12-16 15:50:26

At 12/15/09 10:09 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 12/15/09 07:38 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I hope this guy gets run over by a firetruck.
You must REALLY hate Zero Punctuation, then.

Actually I love Zero Punctuation. I update the thread for it on this board every time he releases a new video.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2009-12-16 16:59:25

Voted for him on screwattack.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2009-12-16 20:22:23

At 12/15/09 10:09 PM, Gustavos wrote:
Aren't we all entitled to our opinions? No? Alright then...

I never said that. I just want to see somebody get run over by a firetruck. That would be cool to watch.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-01-12 00:02:05

Volume 31

Ah, it was nice to log on and see the next installment right there, ready to be played. Lovely. In this video, The GameOver Thinker tries to stop an apparently popular thought process among people. Well, he makes plenty of points in this video, and gives his own gaming background in the beginning. Strange that he's waited this long.

This one revolves mainly around the Madden franchise. The series that never changes. Madden fans defended their franchise by saying "How can you get mad at our games, when series' like Halo, Castlevania, Megaman, and every Nintendo series also don't change?". A wise question from them. Game OverThinker gives us the answer. Using Mario as an example. Mario was in over a half dozen games already on the Wii, so Nintendo thought it would be cool to have a quick throwback to the old days, with a graphical update and new additions to the content of course. Madden 10 is just Madden 9 with a change in the title, and an update to team members and their stats.

Somehow, this guy always makes the answer sound so damn obvious. But I'm pretty sure the same thing couldn't be said about Megaman, Castlevania, and Halo. Oh well, I'm not a big fan of any of them, so I won't think of something for them.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-01-12 00:03:42

As a side topic, does anybody hate the Screwattack video player? When you mouse over it by accident, the extra options clutter the video. And refuse to leave until maybe five seconds later. It's inconvenient, and sort of makes me rather watch it on Youtube.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-01-12 04:12:13

At 1/12/10 12:03 AM, Gustavos wrote: As a side topic, does anybody hate the Screwattack video player? When you mouse over it by accident, the extra options clutter the video. And refuse to leave until maybe five seconds later. It's inconvenient, and sort of makes me rather watch it on Youtube.

Yeah same goes for me. I don't even like to keep the video tab open.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-01-12 16:56:34

At 1/12/10 04:12 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 1/12/10 12:03 AM, Gustavos wrote: As a side topic, does anybody hate the Screwattack video player? When you mouse over it by accident, the extra options clutter the video. And refuse to leave until maybe five seconds later. It's inconvenient, and sort of makes me rather watch it on Youtube.
Yeah same goes for me. I don't even like to keep the video tab open.

Agreed. As much as I dislike the YouTube community and the sad state of our youth revealed in its comments (most written with absolutely no regard for any known dialect of the English language), its video player is far more sensibly designed than the one on ScrewAttack.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-01-12 16:59:17

At 1/12/10 04:56 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: its video player is far more sensibly designed than the one on ScrewAttack.

I wonder if it would be possible to standardize all video players to look like that in the future?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-01-13 00:58:50

At 1/12/10 04:59 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 1/12/10 04:56 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: its video player is far more sensibly designed than the one on ScrewAttack.
I wonder if it would be possible to standardize all video players to look like that in the future?

They certainly could do well to learn from them. I suggest keeping all the stuff that pops up, but under the video. So that they can be played with, and visible, at all times, yet not standing in front of the actual video. Nothing comes up when mousing over the video. Maybe it can be paused when clicked on, but that would be just an extra to throw in.

Sure, with the GameOver Thinker, the audio is more important than video, but I guess it's just not visually appealing for me to see all that crap pop up every so often. It bugs me.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-01-13 01:31:29

yea dude, i really think your on to something.

But yea.... if i know any good idea for video games, its that Final Fantasy, Super Mario, Sonic, and Pokemon are the top nerdy games of all time.

Also, would about like the oldskool ones, you know for just Nintendo or arcade classics, like Donkey Kong or street fighter.

BBS Signature

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-02-12 23:20:56

Volume 32

GameOver Thinker does something he thinks of as fun, but really, he just took 12 minutes to tell us that he found Bayonetta sexually intimidating, which is a first for video game characters. He's made a couple interesting points about female video game characters in general, but he's done enough of that in his earlier episodes, and these are just unnnecesary add-ons. I don't know. I've been disliking a lot of things lately, but I did like the little teaser he put up at the end. That his next episode will be dealing with a topic that's been bugging him for a while, but he just never got around too. I can't help but guess it has to do with the industry's new obsession with games making throwbacks to their beginnings too often. But I don't know. I can imagine him being pissed at Megaman 10, but he has a tendency to bring up issues before anybody considers them issues. He was like a fortune-teller at some points.

So, what do you guys think will be in the next episode?

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-02-13 00:23:04

At 2/12/10 11:20 PM, Gustavos wrote:

I predict it'll have to with violence in games like God of War.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-02-13 08:22:01

At 2/13/10 12:23 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 2/12/10 11:20 PM, Gustavos wrote:

I don't know about that. He already covered the whole violence issue in a previous episode.

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-02-13 20:25:51

At 2/12/10 11:20 PM, Gustavos wrote: I can't help but guess it has to do with the industry's new obsession with games making throwbacks to their beginnings too often.

Didn't he just do something that touched on that? It was more comparing and contrasting the mindsets of the retrogamer and the Madden fan, but it still brought up Megaman 9/10, Bionic Commando Rearmed, New Super Mario Bros., and all of them. It seems unlikely that he'd complain about Megaman 10 and Sonic 4, and the companies need no defense. If he's saying how controversial this next one is going to be, I have a feeling it's not going to be another nostalgia piece.

I can't think of a big issue he hasn't done yet. He's done race and sex, Bayonetta makes that at least twice each (sex three times if you count Fat Princess), he did the violence issue, he's done a lot of character and game design issues, he's stated his disdain for the "hardcores" who hate casual gamers on multiple occasions, he did an episode about creator politics and one about the general political leanings of gaming. If this next one is going to be as big as he says it's going to be, it's going to have to be about an elephant in the room that none of us even notice anymore. Something the non-gamers look into the game stores and see, but that we gamers don't see or don't mention, either because we're so used to it or because we're too embarrassed to even think of it.

Or maybe it's going to be complaining about hate comments on Xbox Live. Only the Overthinker himself knows, and he hasn't revealed it yet.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-02-13 21:42:03

At 2/13/10 08:22 AM, Panzerknacker wrote:
At 2/13/10 12:23 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
I don't know about that. He already covered the whole violence issue in a previous episode.

Affirmitave. And one of my favorites. :)

At 2/13/10 08:25 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Or maybe it's going to be complaining about hate comments on Xbox Live. Only the Overthinker himself knows, and he hasn't revealed it yet.

Ooh, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-02-14 06:57:19

At 2/13/10 09:42 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 2/13/10 08:25 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Or maybe it's going to be complaining about hate comments on Xbox Live. Only the Overthinker himself knows, and he hasn't revealed it yet.
Ooh, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!

It was a pretty effective tease. I'm looking forward to his next episode already.

PSN Id: Kenzuke

This is my signature. Boring, right?

Check out my blog

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-03-11 16:11:00

Well, look what just came out. He did it in three parts, so I'll respond in three parts.

1. Lifestyle
Now, I'm not too pissed at the Overthinker for this part, and this is probably the worst of it. I recognize that there are more important things in life than a hobby (and occasionally subculture) that can and should be done in one's free time instead of overshadowing the more vital elements of life. We all need school, jobs, whatever. After all, we're not going to get laid by playing Zelda all day (though girls hate me so much that I have no choice!) But I decided long ago that I have much more important things to care about at this stage of my life (from the really important stuff like family, right down to recreational activities like gaming and NG) than my weight, especially if I'm a kettle and the pot calls me black. I usually don't eat while gaming, so that hardly applies here, but I would like to correct his bad idea of cheese. Good cheese (and yes, that's the fat stuff) is not a bad snack, at least in moderation. It has protein and calcium, and it's far more filling than chips, meaning that eating half an ounce of Cabot Vermont sharp cheddar will do your body almost as well as the almonds he mentioned, and of course, much better than chips. In moderation, it's a great snack.

2. Culture
I'm a trivia buff in multiple areas (or was just a year ago, I might have dropped some of it since graduation since I'm no longer a master in Quiz Bowl), so I can agree here. It's better to know a bit in many areas. Might I use this space to push Assassin's Creed here? Especially the sequel, it introduces the player to a lot of interesting historical people that they might want to look up. I, personally, looked up Rodrigo Borgia (aka Pope Alexander VI) and found out that Brooke Shields is descended from his illegitimate daughter Lucrezia (who was mentioned in Rodrigo's in-game profile). Overthinker is spot-on with this one. You gotta know shit, or you won't be shit!

3. Behavior (Hey, like I predicted, he's talking about the Xbox Live BS!)
Here, I'm in full agreement. Telling someone on Xbox Live that you had sex with their mother, or that they're a faggot, or that they're probably n****rs who should gb2cottonfield, it makes you look like a retard. Oh, wait, even the retarded know better than that. Sorry if I just offended any mentally disabled out there by comparing Xbox Live shits to you guys. The best way to beat them, I'd think, is to not engage in such behavior, call them out on it, and then curb-stomp them in the game. I mean double flawless, finish with an insulting weak attack, keep killing them without ever dying, whatever the technique is in the game. Beat them, and prove to them that they're not even half the gamer they think they are, much less half the man.

I can see from the comments on ScrewAttack that some people are getting a little mad. Who is Bob to tell us not to be foulmouthed idiots? Now, I don't care much for the lifestyle advice (though I have been trying to rely less on Butterfingers and Reese's cups and more on something a bit more nutritious), since I'm fat myself and who is this lardass trying to tell me not to be fat and all, but I recognize the cultural and behavioral shit as sound advice and wholeheartedly agree.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-04-18 16:40:12

Episode 34 "Waggle Wars"

Anybody following this generation of video games probably doesn't want to hear the phrase "a new console war has started before this one has ended".

Overthinker returns with his honest opinions on the Playstation Move and NATAL. Pretty standard stuff. The video was kind of not in sync between audio and video. Certain images appeared or disappeared too early. It's pretty obvious he makes these videos in the "nothing special" Windows Movie Maker program. That tends to have such problems in long videos with a high file size. Which would be expected with all the video he put in this episode showing the trailers and teasers of games and the two upcoming motion controllers.

I myself probably won't purchase Move for my PS3. And I'm skeptical when I see Project NATAL. NATAL is a large mat that the player stands on and doesn't need to carry a controller. That's pretty high-tec, but it looks like 10x10 feet long. Sure, you can put a couch on top of it and hope it doesn't damage the nice accessory, but you'd need to remove the coffee table that just about every American house has in front of their couches. And THEN you can pray that the room is big enough to keep the mat in. Some people keep their 360s in their bedrooms. I don't think very many bedrooms could fit the NATAL mat regardless of any furniture that will make it difficult. The living room shown in the NATAL videos is unrealistically large.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-04-18 17:06:17

At 4/18/10 04:50 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: He makes some good points in his videos. But ultimately, he's far too biast to Nintendo. To comment on the entire industry and be biast to one company due to nostalgia means his arguments will ultimately be one-sided.

Yeah he is incredibly biased a lot of the time.It annoys me how he sometimes suggests that people who play consoles other than Nintendo ones are stupid children.Sometimes I dont mind watching his videos and they can be OK,but sometimes he does just what his name suggests....overthinks things a huge amount.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-05-03 22:09:56

Volume 35: A response to Roger ebert

When a highly-acclaimed movie critic by the name of Roger Ebert claimed video games are not art, I really didn't give a damn. Deep down, I DID believe quite strongly that video games are a form of art, and for that reason, a very worthy Medium alongside music and movies. But I had never took the time to read up on what Mr. Ebert thought. Simply because I didn't care about one anonymous guy's opinion.

What I didn't know is that he happens to be a very influential man in the movies Medium whom I've never heard of. So I can understand why some people got concerned, but I never understood why we all would flame this man. When the Overthinker ended on the note "Why do we care?", my first response was "yeah, why?". I was half-convinced that I SHOULD care after hearing what he had to say about the whole ordeal.

Overthinker did what most people didn't. Instead of picking up examples of different video games with "artistic" quality, he just wanted to know what Roger, and everybody else, thought Art was.

I don't really have very many opinions. I was never a part of this argument. And after Overthinker telling us to stop worrying about it so much, I don't think now is a good time to start either.

But it sure was nice to see the guy again when he wasn't yelling at us. When a fat, jolly man starts raising his voice and reverts to a Brooklyn accent, you know that he's pissed.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-06-03 23:47:21

Volume 36

GameOver Thinker starts a subseries where he tells us all that he knows about popular video game characters. This first time, it's Megaman. I have to applaud him for his range of knowledge of how the concept of robots had came about. Really, what could have drove him to learn all that? He also gives us the origins of Dr. Light and Megaman's robot dog (whos name escapes me).

Not much to say. Can't say it was overly interesting though.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-06-19 02:41:31

At 6/3/10 11:47 PM, Gustavos wrote: Volume 36

GameOver Thinker starts a subseries where he tells us all that he knows about popular video game characters. This first time, it's Megaman. I have to applaud him for his range of knowledge of how the concept of robots had came about. Really, what could have drove him to learn all that? He also gives us the origins of Dr. Light and Megaman's robot dog (whos name escapes me).

Not much to say. Can't say it was overly interesting though.

Not the best Overthinker episode thus far, but there have been worse (Episode 2 stands out in that regard). Actually, a comment on his YouTube page kinda pokes a hole in his thinking. Posted by Salnax, who interestingly has a "There She Is!!!" profile pic, one week ago:
"I love Game Overthinker, but you said something pretty stupid in episode%uFEFF 36. Essentially, you stated that modern game heroes have little to no history behind them. And yet, you devoted an entire episode to the history behind the one source that inspired Mega Man. If Halo is just Ringworld, the end, shouldn't Mega Man be Astro Boy, the end? "

He described Halo as "Ringworld". Previously, he described Halo as "Starship Troopers meets Starship Troopers". While there's probably no denying that Halo is rather similar to and derivative of both works, after all it's a part of the same military sci-fi genre and any Troper (including the Overthinker himself) can tell you that storytelling devices are used over and over even across genres but especially within a genre, the military science fiction genre in general and Halo in particular have their own set of influences. Call of Duty may "just" be a video game adaptation of <insert war movie here>, but I'm sure that <insert war movie here> has its own history.

That being said, I don't blame him for not doing newer games in this. Older game heroes like Megaman had much more character, in a certain sense, and weren't all cookie-cutter versions of one another the way so many modern heroes are. And the Overthinker is an openly retro-centric gamer, though I'd prefer that he admit that as his reasoning instead of hiding behind "Halo is just Ringworld" when Ringworld has tropes and genre history too.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-06-19 11:37:26

At 6/19/10 02:41 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Not the best Overthinker episode thus far, but there have been worse (Episode 2 stands out in that regard).

Heh, wasn't that the one with the whole "Japan is awesome" thing playing over and over. This guy obviously hadn't heard the term "weeaboo" at the time of making that video. Me, I think his worst was #6, surprisingly about the same topic. Women being objectified in games as an object, as well as touching up on male gamers thinking they could get a girl as hot as one of the female DOA or Street Fighter characters (Bayonetta hadn't come out yet at the time). I didn't like the last few parts, because he openly said that it's the female gamer's job, and only their job, to stop this epidemic. Assuming that females watch his show just as much as men (unlikely), and that men have no power over our brains, or in this case, our penises. We have more sense than this.

But I'll admit it. I knew a girl who was into anime, manga, and JRPGs. And I was very much more attracted to her than the mainstream girls. Because though I haven't experienced the first two subjects, we would have something to talk about. And I can't say the same thing about the other women who scarcely think. About anything.

Right, what were we talking about?

Actually, a comment on his YouTube page kinda pokes a hole in his thinking. Posted by Salnax, who interestingly has a "There She Is!!!" profile pic, one week ago:

I liked There She Is. Sure you'd have to bear the wierd songs in another language (was it Korean or Japanese?), but I can't resist such a cute story.

"I love Game Overthinker, but you said something pretty stupid in episode%uFEFF 36. Essentially, you stated that modern game heroes have little to no history behind them. And yet, you devoted an entire episode to the history behind the one source that inspired Mega Man. If Halo is just Ringworld, the end, shouldn't Mega Man be Astro Boy, the end? "

Take note of this. You won't find such general intelligence on Youtube again for a long time.

He described Halo as "Ringworld". Previously, he described Halo as "Starship Troopers meets Starship Troopers". While there's probably no denying that Halo is rather similar to and derivative of both works, after all it's a part of the same military sci-fi genre and any Troper (including the Overthinker himself) can tell you that storytelling devices are used over and over even across genres but especially within a genre, the military science fiction genre in general and Halo in particular have their own set of influences. Call of Duty may "just" be a video game adaptation of <insert war movie here>, but I'm sure that <insert war movie here> has its own history.

You're right. Overthinker may still be butthurt over the era of FPS games dominating the video game industry, that he can't take games from that genre, new or old (Halo 1 being considered "old"), too seriously. There certainly should be more to Halo's story. Who was the man who first tried to design full body armor that could withstand multiple blows? Well that dates back to Metal plated Knight armor. Which the concept was later turned into Kevlar armor by a priest in...the 40s? I swear I seen a documentary on this. Moving on, who came up with the concept of hostile aliens wanting the destruction of Earth and all Humans? These questions go as deep as the questions he had about Megaman's origin. Why does the muted robot Megaman get more special treatment than the faceless, bio-augmented, super soldier with superior MJOLNIR armor?

That being said, I don't blame him for not doing newer games in this. Older game heroes like Megaman had much more character,

eh...I'm assuming Megaman eventually talks or has a serious storyline at some point in his later games? I wouldn't know.

in a certain sense, and weren't all cookie-cutter versions of one another the way so many modern heroes are.

You know? I was wondering why all the characters on my PS3 games are well-trained gun wielders even though some have no reason for being so. Like DeadSpace and Bioshock (though both were great games).

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-06-19 17:05:14

At 6/19/10 11:37 AM, Gustavos wrote: Heh, wasn't that the one with the whole "Japan is awesome" thing playing over and over. This guy obviously hadn't heard the term "weeaboo" at the time of making that video.

What's wrong with Japan? They make more than their share of interesting stuff. Almost all the good video games, some pretty good anime, and hey, guess where most of the Power Rangers fight footage comes from? Admittedly, I'm a bit of a weeaboo myself.

Me, I think his worst was #6, surprisingly about the same topic. Women being objectified in games as an object, as well as touching up on male gamers thinking they could get a girl as hot as one of the female DOA or Street Fighter characters (Bayonetta hadn't come out yet at the time). I didn't like the last few parts, because he openly said that it's the female gamer's job, and only their job, to stop this epidemic. Assuming that females watch his show just as much as men (unlikely), and that men have no power over our brains, or in this case, our penises. We have more sense than this.

While that conclusion was less than ideal, it is part of the solution. I don't expect to get laid, there's no hope for me now that I've spent my entire post-pubescent life comparing human females to Princess Zelda and Samus Aran (among others), but some nerds deserve better than oversized blobs who look more like men than women. More attractive women need to try giving nerd guys a chance. Of course, if nerds weren't so busy talking about Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged and debating Captain Falcon's sexual orientation (I'm not the only one who gets severe gay vibes from that guy), maybe we'd be more likely to talk to chicks... And make ourselves look like asses in the process.

Actually, a comment on his YouTube page kinda pokes a hole in his thinking. Posted by Salnax, who interestingly has a "There She Is!!!" profile pic, one week ago:
I liked There She Is. Sure you'd have to bear the wierd songs in another language (was it Korean or Japanese?), but I can't resist such a cute story.

It was Korean. And it disturbs me that you think interspecies sex is "cute".

Take note of this. You won't find such general intelligence on Youtube again for a long time.

This post still stands, unchanged by time.

Why does the muted robot Megaman get more special treatment than the faceless, bio-augmented, super soldier with superior MJOLNIR armor?

Exactly. I'm as much a nostalgiafag as he is, but his justification for focusing on old games is rather flimsy at best. If he'd just admit it...

eh...I'm assuming Megaman eventually talks or has a serious storyline at some point in his later games? I wouldn't know.

Megaman has a certain characteristic appeal. Similar to Astro Boy's appeal, to be sure, but he's not another generic personality-devoid soldier in space armor the way Master Chief is, and you actually see Megaman during gameplay instead of just during cutscenes.

You know? I was wondering why all the characters on my PS3 games are well-trained gun wielders even though some have no reason for being so. Like DeadSpace and Bioshock (though both were great games).

Well, it could have been part of the whole "conditioning" for the main character in Bioshock, he could have been trained to use a gun among other things. As far as the rest, do you think the fratboys give a shit? As long as it's brown, gray, has a lot of guns, is rated M, and includes a hyper-masculine protagonist who may or may not verge on personality-free Gary Stu, the fratboy hardcores love it.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-06-20 00:47:10

At 6/19/10 05:05 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: What's wrong with Japan? They make more than their share of interesting stuff. Almost all the good video games, some pretty good anime, and hey, guess where most of the Power Rangers fight footage comes from? Admittedly, I'm a bit of a weeaboo myself.

No worries, mate. I'm just saying that openly being a weeaboo on the internet is never good unless you're among a crowd of them. Like how I only talk about video games in real life with people who also play video games.

Plus, I'm white, and taking Japanese next year as my language. Along with some other friends who also want to learn the tongue. But my real reason is because the culture and language interest me, plus I can eventually translate text about new video games for my friends. Online and off. :)

While that conclusion was less than ideal, it is part of the solution.

Or, some of us can take a step outside and get a good look at people, particularly women, and see if the world is really as scary as we may think it is. I've been through the mainstream world and back multiple times. I've turned down women my age with IQs less than half of mine whom we have nothing in common. I've been told time and time to again to start playing the field (which really means "get laid, dumbass"), but I can't do it with them. It's...demeaning. And I do believe in the concept of love. If sex is truly a physical expression of love, how is it taken so lightly with those people? I'm going to stop myself before going further into that subject.

What I want to say is, you can't make judgements about the outside world if you've experienced very little of it. And I don't mean trying to befriend the mainstream (I hate this term, I really do), I mean checking out other things in life. Remember the Build a Better Gamer episode? My favorite part was where he talked about how we need to know and be able to do things in life other than video games. And when you take the time to do that, usually that involves human interaction. You make many friends who can teach you about their hobbies while you teach them about yours. The people I consider "friends" are the people I have something in common with. And though I haven't met many females I can relate too, I must admit this is a philosophy I'm still trying out. Women have a tendency to appear in your life instead of you finding them.

but some nerds deserve better than oversized blobs who look more like men than women.

I agree. And I don't tend to trust women with no regard over how they look. Hell, even I fix my hair when it gets screwed up. All women learn how to look good. Those that refuse to are like men who sit when they take a piss on the toilet. Unnatural.

More attractive women need to try giving nerd guys a chance.

Correction, interesting women need to try giving nerd guys a chance. When you can relate with a woman, you find them attractive later. Have you ever heard that one saying "I don't love you because you're beautiful, you're beautiful because I love you."? It's very truthful and makes a damn good line for your loved one. You know, if you're into romance.

and debating Captain Falcon's sexual orientation (I'm not the only one who gets severe gay vibes from that guy),

I refused to play as him in Melee because of those gay vibes. My friends didn't know what I was talking about. How can you not see it? But since I never played an F-Zero game and know nothing about the story (assuming there is one), I have to assume he's bisexual.

It was Korean. And it disturbs me that you think interspecies sex is "cute".

Come on, this is the kind of thing we saw as kids, but with a deeper story. And there wasn't any sex in that story. I only recall hugs. :D

Megaman has a certain characteristic appeal. Similar to Astro Boy's appeal, to be sure, but he's not another generic personality-devoid soldier in space armor the way Master Chief is, and you actually see Megaman during gameplay instead of just during cutscenes.

Maybe, but as I was playing the older Megamans (all that I have at my disposal), I never felt like I understood this character. His motivations, his reasoning. Can he have either if he's a robot? Megaman never interested me as a character. And the only reason I attempted to beat his games, was for bragging rights.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-06-29 11:37:16

Volume 37

I'm glad Gameover Thinker got around to talking about this year's E3. I was hoping he'd take time out to give his opinions, well he did, and like so many years before this one, he ended up talking about how he hates "hardcore" gamers talking about how casual Nintendo is. But wait, that's not the case this year. Nintendo's conference was basically them giving shoutouts to the fans of all their underdog series' and not just Mario and Zelda. Microsoft's was filled with Kinect and the many party and sports games coming out for that. And all the Call of Gears, and Halo fanatics went batshit over all of it.

GO Thinker then takes it upon himself to tell these people how and why they're wrong. But it's a pretty good episode. Very inciteful. The only press conference I took the time to see was Nintendo's, and I didn't know jack about Kinect except for its silly price.

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-07-29 13:03:14

The GameOver Thinker was at the annual ScrewAttack Gaming Convention (SGC) in the beginning of July, and one of the users took the liberty of recording his live panel. It was mostly just a Q&A about a bunch of different topics. Definitely worth watching if you're a fan of this man.

Part 1

Part 2

Response to The GameOver Thinker 2010-08-05 13:30:40

This forum can be kind of lame about what threads die and which are popular. So I'm gonna leave this link up here.

By following that link you can see the newest GameOver Thinker episodes on Screwattack. But to see any episodes before the 30th, you'd have to go to his youtube profile.

Of course, I still will be updating this thread upon each new episode.