DiggoryLost
DiggoryLost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 1st, 2009 @ 07:47 AM Reply

At 1/18/09 08:01 PM, djconnect wrote:

give writers a place to share there creative stories in a friendly environment. So if you want to talk about a favorite book, or share your latest chapter come join us now!

Would this count? It's a premise that was orginally going to be turned into a book, but I decided that making a flash might be better

In the small town of Orso, there is a rumor going around about the thief of the forest. It is said that he hides in the forest and attacks any who cross his path, killing them and taking everything of value on their person. He once slaughtered a hundred men in one battle and claimed all their weapons for his own. He is said to have the face of death and the mark of the devil on his shoulder. The people of Orso haven't dared leave their village both out of fear of the monstrosity and protection that the thief provide.
War rages in Virdum, the country that Orso inhabites. Atlum, its neighbor, has blamed the death of one of its heirs, on the kingdom. Two young boys, Brand and Kyler, decide to leave their village to join the war effort in the hopes of becoming war heroes. Ignoring the rumors, they venture into the forest to find an a group of bandits planning an attack on the village. To their surprise a young man carrying 10 swords on his back, decends from a tree and defeats them all without any effort.
The man that saved the village is the thief of the forest. Claiming to be the "King of Thieves", Ryder makes a deal for the two boys. He will be their bodyguard during their journey to the capital in return for anything the boys collect for their jobs as soliders. The three then journey to the castle, not knowing that their journey would be the start of the fate of Virdum and Altum. Ryder's secret might be the key to the survival of both kingdoms.

Could you please give me constructive criticism (please don't tell me about my spelling errors, there's no spell check on here) on this. I know you guys are supposed to be nice in terms of flaming, but please tell me if this idea seems worthy enough to continue on with.

I'll post a new story idea every month as its part of my New years resoulution.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 1st, 2009 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 2/1/09 07:47 AM, DiggoryLost wrote: Could you please give me constructive criticism (please don't tell me about my spelling errors, there's no spell check on here) on this.

It seems a fair idea. I assume that was just a description of the plot and not a excerpt?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
SilverRose516
SilverRose516
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 1st, 2009 @ 08:26 AM Reply

Would this count? It's a premise that was orginally going to be turned into a book, but I decided that making a flash might be better

I think it would make a good book:) Flash would be good but i like reading lol.

And as for DJConnect, you do enjoy ranting don't you. i did however spill pink juice on one of your books 0:)

Has anyone read the second and third Eragon books? I liked the first one and started the second one and am half way through it but it doesn't seem as interesting. I would like to know if they get any better or if i should read something else.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 1st, 2009 @ 08:32 AM Reply

What type of game is that going to be? RPG maybe, anyways good plot. You can surly run with that idea.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature
GodOfTheGodless
GodOfTheGodless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 1st, 2009 @ 11:29 AM Reply

At 2/1/09 07:47 AM, DiggoryLost wrote:
Could you please give me constructive criticism (please don't tell me about my spelling errors, there's no spell check on here) on this. I know you guys are supposed to be nice in terms of flaming, but please tell me if this idea seems worthy enough to continue on with.

I think its a good idea, but I'd prefer to see it in written form, but hey, do watcha gotta do!

The reason they call it the American dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it
--- George Carlin Z? Z? Question Sleep Z? Z?

DiggoryLost
DiggoryLost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 1st, 2009 @ 04:01 PM Reply

I think its a good idea, but I'd prefer to see it in written form, but hey, do watcha gotta do!

Thanks. This idea is actually a prequel to an idea I had 2 years ago that spanned 61 pages of 11 font computer paper. Unfortunately, I really stink at fleshing out battle scenes (which I'm working on), which is why thought of making an animation of this (which I hoped would make it easier)

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 1st, 2009 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 2/1/09 04:01 PM, DiggoryLost wrote: Unfortunately, I really stink at fleshing out battle scenes (which I'm working on),

I might be able to help you with that. Put in things like the protaganist getting cornered and nearly dying to spice it up a bit, and ad as many adjectives and adverbs as you can to make it seem more exciting.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:07 PM Reply

So if any one was watching the super bowl you might have seen the preview for the new Angels and Demons movie. Needless to say I am excited to see it. I just finished the book and might start The Da Vinci Code soon. Dan Brown is a great author.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 2/2/09 04:07 PM, djconnect wrote: Dan Brown is a great author.

Is he?

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 2/2/09 04:07 PM, djconnect wrote: So if any one was watching the super bowl you might have seen the preview for the new Angels and Demons movie. Needless to say I am excited to see it. I just finished the book and might start The Da Vinci Code soon. Dan Brown is a great author.

I thought the Da Vinci Code came out first. Either way, I've yet to read either one.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:11 PM Reply

Da Vinci Code did come out first but Angels & Demons takes place before The Da Vinci Code.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 2/2/09 05:11 PM, djconnect wrote: Da Vinci Code did come out first but Angels & Demons takes place before The Da Vinci Code.

No, Angels and Demons came out first.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 2/2/09 05:13 PM, Nev wrote:
At 2/2/09 05:11 PM, djconnect wrote: Da Vinci Code did come out first but Angels & Demons takes place before The Da Vinci Code.
No, Angels and Demons came out first.

So just the Da Vinci Code movie came out first then? Sorry it had me a bit confused.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 2nd, 2009 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 2/2/09 05:56 PM, djconnect wrote: So just the Da Vinci Code movie came out first then? Sorry it had me a bit confused.

Well the book was incredibly popular, that brought attention to his other works.

BBS Signature
SilverRose516
SilverRose516
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 4th, 2009 @ 08:43 PM Reply

I've never read either of the books because the movie bored me. but i guess the books are supposed to be a lot better (and when are they not) so i might:)

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 5th, 2009 @ 03:23 PM Reply

So has any one ever used an E-book reader? I was looking online last Christmas and found out they were really expensive. Just wondering if any one ever used one and if they think it is worth the cash. If you dont know what an ebook reader is Click Here.

BBS Signature
GodOfTheGodless
GodOfTheGodless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 5th, 2009 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 2/4/09 08:43 PM, SilverRose516 wrote: I've never read either of the books because the movie bored me. but i guess the books are supposed to be a lot better (and when are they not) so i might:)

The movie bored me as well, and so did the book, so I guess I'm even(But really Dan Brown, If you wanted to write a book about a really pointless conspiricy theory, just write one, and don't try to hype the thing to death!!)

The reason they call it the American dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it
--- George Carlin Z? Z? Question Sleep Z? Z?

djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 02:36 PM Reply

Some people really enjoyed it and some people really hated it. Its just a matter of personal opinion.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 03:04 PM Reply

Second chapter's done (finally). Sorry for the delay in announcment; I was banned.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 06:03 PM Reply

What did you get banned for?

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 08:14 PM Reply

Honestly, I expected... someone made a thread about bad things happening to them and I said, "God just hates you." Then I get a ban message from NEVR saying it was a pointless post.

BBS Signature
EnjoiLove
EnjoiLove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 08:37 PM Reply

I'd like to join this fine club! I currently have a DA account and I'm a poet.

Dark Souls consumed my life.

thelittleemo
thelittleemo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 08:59 PM Reply

wow hey guys i havnt posted here in a while so whats up? so far ive been reding the hobbit and its pretty good.

Shut up already.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 10:41 PM Reply

At 2/6/09 08:37 PM, EnjoiLove wrote: I'd like to join this fine club! I currently have a DA account and I'm a poet.

Welcome to club! Feel free to post some of your poetry here and share with us. Are you reading any good books lately?

At 2/6/09 08:59 PM, thelittleemo wrote: wow hey guys i havnt posted here in a while so whats up? so far ive been reding the hobbit and its pretty good.

I was never able to get into the Lord Of The Ring books. The movies were ok but they were long and drawn out. I know that is the way the story is but I would have liked more action in order to keep my interest.

At 2/6/09 08:14 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Honestly, I expected... someone made a thread about bad things happening to them and I said, "God just hates you." Then I get a ban message from NEVR saying it was a pointless post.

O that sucks I thought this thread was just becoming inactive, I was afraid for awhile.

BBS Signature
thelittleemo
thelittleemo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 6th, 2009 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 2/6/09 10:41 PM, djconnect wrote:
At 2/6/09 08:59 PM, thelittleemo wrote: wow hey guys i havnt posted here in a while so whats up? so far ive been reding the hobbit and its pretty good.
I was never able to get into the Lord Of The Ring books. The movies were ok but they were long and drawn out. I know that is the way the story is but I would have liked more action in order to keep my interest.

yeah i do agree that there should have been alittle more action to it, like more fights and it was alittle disappointing at the end how they killed smaug since that was pretty stupid i was expecting a big fight buuut no it was a stupid way to end it....

Shut up already.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 12:40 AM Reply

Ok not a big deal but if I could ask every one to put a:

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

before any spoilers that would be great. Just in case some one who has not read the book that is being discussed knows not to read that part, thanks every one.

*** END SPOILER ***

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 09:07 AM Reply

I didn't enjoy the Hobbit, it took me years to read cause I could only be bothered to pick it up every few months.
But I prefered to LotRs books more and I should give the Hobbit another try seeing as I've become a massive Tolkien fanboy :).

BBS Signature
thelittleemo
thelittleemo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 2/7/09 09:07 AM, Nev wrote: I didn't enjoy the Hobbit, it took me years to read cause I could only be bothered to pick it up every few months.
But I prefered to LotRs books more and I should give the Hobbit another try seeing as I've become a massive Tolkien fanboy :).

lol, well the reason i read it was because i had to for english class but i liked it after a while. as fr being a fan i don't think i could of the books after seeing the movies although i probably will at some point....although i have been caught in some dean koontz(i think that's how you spell it) and have been trying to get all the odd thomas books

Shut up already.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 08:01 PM Reply

So I need to pick a book for friday day next week. My school makes us read every Friday in English class. We have to pick a book and do a report on it. Most of the time I finish 2 - 3 books before the project so I have my choice of what to do the report on. Any one have any suggestions on what book I should read.

BBS Signature
thelittleemo
thelittleemo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers Feb. 7th, 2009 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 2/7/09 08:01 PM, djconnect wrote: So I need to pick a book for friday day next week. My school makes us read every Friday in English class. We have to pick a book and do a report on it. Most of the time I finish 2 - 3 books before the project so I have my choice of what to do the report on. Any one have any suggestions on what book I should read.

that depends, what kinds of books do you like?

Shut up already.

BBS Signature