GodOfTheGodless
GodOfTheGodless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 14:48:11 Reply

Wow DJ, don't jump the gun there! He wasn't THAT anal

The reason they call it the American dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it
--- George Carlin Z? Z? Question Sleep Z? Z?

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 15:01:55 Reply

At 1/30/09 02:48 PM, GodOfTheGodless wrote: Wow DJ, don't jump the gun there! He wasn't THAT anal

She*. I think.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 15:08:09 Reply

At 1/30/09 02:48 PM, GodOfTheGodless wrote: Wow DJ, don't jump the gun there! He wasn't THAT anal

Yes its a she, and she is my girlfriend. She was being anal, not on the forums but in person she was worried about her story and getting along on the forums, I was just being a dick.

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature
GodOfTheGodless
GodOfTheGodless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 15:17:50 Reply

OOPS! MY mistake entirely! I didn't know that there underlying personal reasons! I mean the say SHE! I suck at typing!

The reason they call it the American dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it

SebtheEmo
SebtheEmo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 15:19:50 Reply

Seems Interesting...

I'm reading french books right now though...

djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 15:29:21 Reply

At 1/30/09 03:19 PM, SebtheEmo wrote: Seems Interesting...

What seems interesting? French books huh like as in learning the language or just books only written in French. I would be surprised if there was no English translation.

At 1/30/09 03:17 PM, GodOfTheGodless wrote: OOPS! MY mistake entirely! I didn't know that there underlying personal reasons! I mean the say SHE! I suck at typing!

Well we couldn't expect you to know now could we, no big deal though.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 20:36:42 Reply

At 1/30/09 03:29 PM, djconnect wrote: What seems interesting? French books huh like as in learning the language or just books only written in French. I would be surprised if there was no English translation.

Nah, my French teacher has lots of books that are written purely in French. She actually has the Cat in the Hat written in French with no translations.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 20:56:52 Reply

Well that sounds cool. I wish I knew a second language like Spanish but I just do not have the time to learn it right now.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 22:43:06 Reply

At 1/30/09 08:56 PM, djconnect wrote: Well that sounds cool. I wish I knew a second language like Spanish but I just do not have the time to learn it right now.

Well, I'm taking French as a class in school right now (freshman in high scool).

BBS Signature
GodOfTheGodless
GodOfTheGodless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 22:59:34 Reply

At 1/30/09 03:19 PM, SebtheEmo wrote: Seems Interesting...

French is a really cool language, I've always wanted to learn it.

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 23:38:12 Reply

Guys, stuck in writing again. I need another name, female this time.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-30 23:46:38 Reply

Hey, anyone read Dragonlance? I just got to Spring Dawning. Winter Night was an awesome book.

BBS Signature
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 00:09:16 Reply

At 1/30/09 11:38 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Guys, stuck in writing again. I need another name, female this time.

Brooke is always a nice name. It's extremely versatile with metaphors.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 00:56:12 Reply

At 1/30/09 10:59 PM, GodOfTheGodless wrote: French is a really cool language, I've always wanted to learn it.

I'm not a big fan of the way French sounds, so I would pick Spanish. Not to mention Spanish is America's second language. Just my personal choice though, I am not putting down the French language.

BTW just want to point out that discussion like this is really great. This club can cover allot more the just the written word. The spoken language is a great thing as well. Although not really under the literature category, it just fits heres. Plus the slight side conversation give this more of a club feel then just a thread on books and writings, so I encourage it. As long as we do not stray to far away from what brought us all together in the first place.

At 1/30/09 11:38 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Guys, stuck in writing again. I need another name, female this time.

I like a few different female name's:
Leanne
Andrea
Mulan
Sarah
Nina

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 09:56:58 Reply

At 1/31/09 12:56 AM, djconnect wrote:
At 1/30/09 10:59 PM, GodOfTheGodless wrote: French is a really cool language, I've always wanted to learn it.
I'm not a big fan of the way French sounds, so I would pick Spanish. Not to mention Spanish is America's second language. Just my personal choice though, I am not putting down the French language.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to take Spanish in school, but they put me in French. It's not too bad of a language, but some of the conjugations (I'm lookin' at you, etre) are really confusing.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 10:32:43 Reply

At 1/30/09 11:46 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: Hey, anyone read Dragonlance? I just got to Spring Dawning. Winter Night was an awesome book.

So nobody reads it? Shame, it's a great series.

BBS Signature
GodOfTheGodless
GodOfTheGodless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 10:35:26 Reply

At 1/31/09 09:56 AM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 1/31/09 12:56 AM, djconnect wrote:
Yeah, that's why I wanted to take Spanish in school, but they put me in French. It's not too bad of a language, but some of the conjugations (I'm lookin' at you, etre) are really confusing.

I live in California, so its very important to know spanish if you want to get a good job. My parents own an apartment complex and we recently had a run-in with someone who was NO HABLA ENGLAIS, and I was the only one who could talk to her!

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 11:03:28 Reply

At 1/31/09 10:35 AM, GodOfTheGodless wrote: I live in California, so its very important to know spanish if you want to get a good job. My parents own an apartment complex and we recently had a run-in with someone who was NO HABLA ENGLAIS, and I was the only one who could talk to her!

Elle non parle pas francais?

BBS Signature
SilverRose516
SilverRose516
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 15:04:18 Reply

Other languages will get you a lot further and i think it would be kinda cool to be able to speak multiple languages but I never felt like like taking the time to learn one. I took the easy way out for high school and took sign language. lol

BBS Signature
CSanimations
CSanimations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 15:49:44 Reply

My favorite books and writers are non fiction. I get the biggest laughs and biggest helpings of food for thought from travel books & autobiograpghy's. To me, nothing beats a Bill Bryson book, he's amazing.
Right now I'm reading a book called As You Do by Richard Hammond. It's very good.

Keyframe+Gap+Keyframe= classic animated hit
Duck Pie
is the going to be the next internet meme! Spread the word!

BBS Signature
GodOfTheGodless
GodOfTheGodless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 17:06:15 Reply

At 1/31/09 03:49 PM, CSanimations wrote: My favorite books and writers are non fiction. I get the biggest laughs and biggest helpings of food for thought from travel books & autobiograpghy's. To me, nothing beats a Bill Bryson book, he's amazing.
Right now I'm reading a book called As You Do by Richard Hammond. It's very good.

There are very few non-fiction books I like. I sometimes read true crime books, which are really good. I recently read 'Killer Klown' which is the story of the Gacy murders. It was by far one of the CREEPIEST books i ever read!!!

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 18:37:05 Reply

At 1/31/09 03:49 PM, CSanimations wrote: Right now I'm reading a book called As You Do by Richard Hammond. It's very good.

Hamster?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Facyathorn-II
Facyathorn-II
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 18:40:08 Reply

Hey guys, can I join? I love writing and I'm a friend of Val's.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 19:10:52 Reply

At 1/31/09 06:40 PM, Facyathorn-II wrote: Hey guys, can I join? I love writing and I'm a friend of Val's.

Of course you can, welcome to the crew! I look forward to reading some of your work. So what is one of your favorite books?

BBS Signature
Facyathorn-II
Facyathorn-II
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 21:55:16 Reply

At 1/31/09 07:10 PM, djconnect wrote:
At 1/31/09 06:40 PM, Facyathorn-II wrote: Hey guys, can I join? I love writing and I'm a friend of Val's.
Of course you can, welcome to the crew! I look forward to reading some of your work. So what is one of your favorite books?

Well, there are many. Harry Potter and Narnia are at the top.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-01-31 22:47:41 Reply

At 1/31/09 07:10 PM, djconnect wrote:
Of course you can, welcome to the crew! I look forward to reading some of your work.

It might be a while before he gets anything posted. All his stories are on his computer, but his internet doesn't work right now, so he's using my computer to post.

I'm also working on chapter 2 of my story but it's taking a while for some reason. This chapter just doesn't seem as capturing to me as the first.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-02-01 00:41:01 Reply

At 1/31/09 10:47 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I'm also working on chapter 2 of my story but it's taking a while for some reason. This chapter just doesn't seem as capturing to me as the first.

Well we wouldn't want you to rush it. Maybe taking a day off will let you clear your head and come up with some new ideas when you go back to it. It always helps me when I am stuck on a programming problem.

BBS Signature
GodOfTheGodless
GodOfTheGodless
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-02-01 00:54:06 Reply

At 2/1/09 12:41 AM, djconnect wrote:
At 1/31/09 10:47 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I'm also working on chapter 2 of my story but it's taking a while for some reason. This chapter just doesn't seem as capturing to me as the first.
Well we wouldn't want you to rush it. Maybe taking a day off will let you clear your head and come up with some new ideas when you go back to it. It always helps me when I am stuck on a programming problem.

I usually read other literature to get inspiration, or you could just rest and work on other things. Ideas have come to me in some of the most random places

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-02-01 01:14:58 Reply

I've been watching The Twilight Zone lately, and came across this episode. How cruel fate can be.

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Literature Lovers 2009-02-01 03:24:53 Reply

Haha, great episode. All them people deserved to die, not letting the poor man read! The wife was the worst, ask silver rose what would happen if some one wrote on any of my books.
<rant>
I would kill them, chop em up, make them into fertilizer, plant a tree on top of them, wait for the tree to grow and chop it down, make paper out of it, and print a book on it.
</rant>

BBS Signature