00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Random Burst of Collab Threads?

1,394 Views | 15 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 19:59:57

k.

Im going to be as straight foward as I can....

OMG HAX WTF.

Now for the details......

I've been seeing a lot of collab threads go up in the past weeks and I see small town Audio artist's wanting to Collaberate, which is a Very good thing to do, but They gather a Crowd of 3-5 and then the thread dies.

Shouldn't there be an organized Collab System?

I love collabing personally, but It's a tad confusing sometimes.

Im probably not the first to post something along these lines, so Bomb me if you want, but Im just putting this out there.

k.?

Newest Song

Style: Glitch Hop/Jazz/ElectronicChocolate Rain Remix!

BBS Signature

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 20:10:22

I think it's great, I mean look at how successful the A Minor Piano Colab has gotten. Of course there are a lot of other ones that have failed but some are sure to be successful. Also these type of things are a great cure for writer's block :P

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 20:13:44

Agreed, but still.

There are WAYYY more Fails, then Wins.

Know what I mean?

Its fine the way it is, but maybe an Official Collab thread?

idk, Im just some random Audio Artist trying to Prove a point.

Newest Song

BBS Signature

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 20:20:59

They ought to get a way of listing collaborations concurrently in the AP first. Like they do in the Flash Portal.

//grumbling again

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.

{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}

Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 20:25:21

That would be great. Front page News post would work, But you get 12 a year so....

DAMNIT.

AP needs an Upgrade.

// pisssss

Newest Song

BBS Signature

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 20:33:17

I'm actually developing a collab-organization website.
Kinda like groupware.

Keep an eye out.

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 20:39:53

There are WAYYY more Fails, then Wins.

agreed, but the epic-ness of these wins makes up for the multitude of these fails

Know what I mean?

wutt...?

i would have to say that i, RESPECTFULLY DIASGREE! a collb thread is fine, but would be separated from the topic that it is about, art collab?, flash collab?, music collab? jumbling them together would'nt do much , be it orginized chaos in a colab thread, or a little chaos in the thread its still chaos and i don't think that there's a way to avoid that really.

its pretty nice to have all these collabs going on though, they are a great cure for writers block, and inspire teamwork and cooperation. if you do have a disfunctional collab than oh well, np, right...i mean, if your pro, and you make a collab with good rules and boundries and such, than it will most likely me a nice success, and if it doesn't work out, you dont loose anything and nobody really cares, right?
however if you are a n00b and dont have h4X and your collab turnz 0ut suxzezfu77, than you gain a great deal of experience, as well as popularity, skill and influence (this is up there with selfe-esteem and inspiration). BUT, if u IZ n00b and c0774b = F41L, you still get experience, and figure out what works and what doesn't, what sounds cool and works with other sounds, and that sort of thing (teamwork ftw?).
in other words, collabs are a + / + situation for the veterans and rookies, and whats happening right now is a good thing =D.

while i was writing this i thought a little bit more about it but still think that its fine the way it is and making a seperate thread for collabs wouldn't change much, and if anything just inspire more collabs (maybe). oh wellz, right?

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 20:42:51

At 1/14/09 07:59 PM, alcatraz5 wrote: Shouldn't there be an organized Collab System?

There is a system for collabs now

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 20:45:31

At 1/14/09 08:39 PM, EbonHawk7X wrote:
i would have to say that i, RESPECTFULLY DIASGREE! a collb thread is fine, but would be separated from the topic that it is about, art collab?, flash collab?, music collab? jumbling them together would'nt do much , be it orginized chaos in a colab thread, or a little chaos in the thread its still chaos and i don't think that there's a way to avoid that really.

No it would be like, one thread in the audio forum and the title would be Official Audio Colab List and it would list all the active colabs. Preferably by asking people to post a link to any colabs they started to the list, and leaving a post in the thread when the colab was closed.

This would be pretty complicated though, and I'm certain people would screw it up very quickly.

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 21:03:43

At 1/14/09 08:45 PM, gregaaron89 wrote:
No it would be like, one thread in the audio forum and the title would be Official Audio Colab List and it would list all the active colabs. Preferably by asking people to post a link to any colabs they started to the list, and leaving a post in the thread when the colab was closed.

This would be pretty complicated though, and I'm certain people would screw it up very quickly.

mayby, but like you said, it would get messed up pretty fast. what an amazing idea to do would be this:
have two things at the top of said forum that displays (drop down box or something) one, all the active collabs (and co-op related activities), and the other, displays all the active challenges, competitions, and thing of that nature.
this would be diffcult to create and would require maintinense and the only ones allowed to edit it would have to be mods and the creator of the topic. there could be, like, if there was more than a week or so of inactivity it would be removed from the list, and to get it on the list it would have to be approved by a mod. (good luck getting them to approve something that requires even MORE work on their part)
this is just a rough idea that sounded good at the time, and, if put into effect (prolly not), would need to be actively managed and require alot of work.

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 21:09:33

At 1/14/09 09:03 PM, EbonHawk7X wrote:
what an amazing idea to do would be this:
have two things at the top of said forum that displays (drop down box or something) one, all the active collabs (and co-op related activities), and the other, displays all the active challenges, competitions, and thing of that nature.

A drop down box like you mentioned or something similar would mean encorporating a new feature in to the site's design, which is NOT going to happen. (at least for something like that) Only way to do it is with threads. However I had the same idea for a second thread with active challenges and competitions, but decided not to double post.

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 21:17:56

A drop down box like you mentioned or something similar would mean encorporating a new feature in to the site's design, which is NOT going to happen.

oh well, thats what i figured, maybe if they ever update it again... (not in forseable future, or possibly ever). i suppose you could start a thread like that but it would be tuff to keep it from going to hell and besides, the active ones are already on the front of the forum so it would be slightly redundant (having a front-page link to a front-page thread)...

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 21:29:01

You know, I think im gointo stick with single threads now that I think about it....

But It would be pretty BA for a external collab site.....

idk...

I'm looking to do a collaboration with someone, but im not aware of any current Collabs going on.

Maybe organize my own?

:O

Newest Song

BBS Signature

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-14 23:28:01

are there any websites out there specifically meant for setting musicians up for online collabs? if so id really appreciate it if you directed me to one

a world without rules is a world without fear

BBS Signature

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-15 08:43:37

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Random Burst of Collab Threads? 2009-01-15 11:09:26

At 1/15/09 08:43 AM, RNNR wrote: This is one's working beautifully.

It's very unorganised to say the least - no mod made the thread, and the first post isn't appealing;
It needs to be set out so the person can get the details he/she wants - when they want.

Lots of collabs maybe die - lots just fall of the audio forum page1 cause everyone is working hard.

The A minor collab (i started it :p) is going surprisingly well, and maybe..
idk, Sections in the audio forum - and flash forum etc.
for collabs, question threads, exposure threads etc. - and a main Audio where you can see all these threads.