New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ryan-L
Ryan-L
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-07 19:38:30 Reply

I just thought of an awesome idea. Is there room for me?

BBS Signature
Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-08 05:22:09 Reply

At 3/7/09 07:38 PM, Ryan-L wrote: I just thought of an awesome idea. Is there room for me?

you'll have to send in a preview first, so we can see wha you can. remember: FRAME BY FRAME.

Try not being a bitch for once, huh?

BBS Signature
Ryan-L
Ryan-L
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-08 17:59:52 Reply

At 3/8/09 05:22 AM, Breaktroll wrote:
At 3/7/09 07:38 PM, Ryan-L wrote: I just thought of an awesome idea. Is there room for me?
you'll have to send in a preview first, so we can see wha you can. remember: FRAME BY FRAME.

Dose the backgrounds have to Be FBF to?

BBS Signature
mrflub
mrflub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-08 21:04:10 Reply

hey would it be cool if the release date was may 23? that's ma birthday!

BBS Signature
Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-09 03:07:55 Reply

Dose the backgrounds have to Be FBF to?

hehe, i think not. but that would actually be a good idea. :p

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-09 07:11:55 Reply

At 3/8/09 09:04 PM, mrflub wrote: hey would it be cool if the release date was may 23? that's ma birthday!

I'll start working on the collab after my birthday (friday), and I'll get a release date out once I finish the menu and such. It probably won't be the actual release date, just a guideline for when all the parts need to be in ;)

As for the BG question; it doesn't have to be FBF if it's a still image, but you can do that if you want to. It would look pretty cool if done right.

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature
JesseT
JesseT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-09 21:45:34 Reply

Mind if I join?

d-z
d-z
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-10 06:11:52 Reply

is it okay to join with a very raw uncoloured fbf sequence?

Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-10 06:39:29 Reply

At 3/9/09 09:45 PM, JesseT wrote: Mind if I join?

Show me some previews and I'll let you know. Make sure to read all of the rules first though, because quite some guys tend to forget half of it :P

At 3/10/09 06:11 AM, denzel-crocker wrote: is it okay to join with a very raw uncoloured fbf sequence?

If that's your style, sure. Unless it's TOO raw, but I'll let you know.

BBS Signature
JesseT
JesseT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-10 17:07:55 Reply

At 3/10/09 06:39 AM, Vincoid wrote:
At 3/9/09 09:45 PM, JesseT wrote: Mind if I join?
Show me some previews and I'll let you know. Make sure to read all of the rules first though, because quite some guys tend to forget half of it :P

At 3/10/09 06:11 AM, denzel-crocker wrote: is it okay to join with a very raw uncoloured fbf sequence?
If that's your style, sure. Unless it's TOO raw, but I'll let you know.

Oh I don't really have any submissions or previews of much so I am just going to make a part just for practice...

BoshansStudios
BoshansStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-10 20:30:39 Reply

I want to join but no animations of mine are up yet. I will definitely have a bunch up by may though.

Click my sig to see my awesome youtube videos. I guarentee you'll like them or you can fuck my cats.

BBS Signature
Sprite-harvester
Sprite-harvester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-10 20:50:43 Reply

At 3/10/09 08:30 PM, BoshansStudios wrote: I want to join but no animations of mine are up yet. I will definitely have a bunch up by may though.

just put something quick together. Like on page 2 my preview I just put it together in about 15 minutes to show that I actually did have some skill :\

Hello to the people that read this!

Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-11 10:25:50 Reply

At 3/10/09 08:50 PM, Sprite-harvester wrote:
At 3/10/09 08:30 PM, BoshansStudios wrote: I want to join but no animations of mine are up yet. I will definitely have a bunch up by may though.
just put something quick together. Like on page 2 my preview I just put it together in about 15 minutes to show that I actually did have some skill :\

Agreed. The collab's deadline will be around the end of May anyway, so it would be too late if you'd show me a preview then.

BBS Signature
ZwiggleZ
ZwiggleZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-14 20:07:53 Reply

I'm done my part! Keep in mind this is my first ever attempt at flash, so it's not the best.

.swf
.fla
Tell me what you think please!

P.S. I am the former xRyanLx old name = shit.

FalconPuuunch
FalconPuuunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-14 23:59:17 Reply

thats not fbf gtfo (sry i had to say it)

i like nachos... yea

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-15 07:18:54 Reply

At 3/14/09 08:07 PM, ZwiggleZ wrote: I'm done my part! Keep in mind this is my first ever attempt at flash, so it's not the best.

.swf
.fla
Tell me what you think please!

1: There's no sounds. Add some music and maybe some FX.
2: There's not a lot going on in it. I would like to see more action instead of a simple eyeball exploding. Remember, you want the audience to enjoy watching this movie, and in order to get them to enjoy it you need to show something interesting ;)

I think it looks good overall though and I like the style, just add more to it and make it more interesting, more unique, more original, etc.

BBS Signature
Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-15 16:31:34 Reply

i'm done! w00t. i made 2 versions, one longer than the other (although not very much). tell me what you think. if there are any mistakes, tell me. also: should i add music? or is Vincoid gonna add a track for the whole movie.

V1:http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/15030 9/77262_redbullfbfcollab.php

V2:http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/15030 9/77346_redbullfbfcollab_v2.php

and yes i know that on some parts the animation repeats and sometimes it's just the same, but otherwise it would be too tiresome. :c

BBS Signature
Sprite-harvester
Sprite-harvester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-15 21:08:03 Reply

At 3/15/09 04:31 PM, Breaktroll wrote: i'm done! w00t. i made 2 versions, one longer than the other (although not very much). tell me what you think. if there are any mistakes, tell me. also: should i add music? or is Vincoid gonna add a track for the whole movie.

V1:http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/15030 9/77262_redbullfbfcollab.php

V2:http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/15030 9/77346_redbullfbfcollab_v2.php

and yes i know that on some parts the animation repeats and sometimes it's just the same, but otherwise it would be too tiresome. :c

oi! watch out! in v2 when god's foot comes down it looks like a tween. and when he brings the can up to the screen as well in both versions! besides that it looks very good but is a bit long in v1. just make sure it's all fbf

Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-16 03:12:55 Reply

oi! watch out! in v2 when god's foot comes down it looks like a tween. and when he brings the can up to the screen as well in both versions! besides that it looks very good but is a bit long in v1. just make sure it's all fbf

i know, but they're manual, no tweens for me! :D

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-16 07:20:06 Reply

At 3/16/09 03:12 AM, Breaktroll wrote:
i know, but they're manual, no tweens for me! :D

You know, moving the same graphic around the stage without using tweens doesn't count as FBF :P

As for the movies themselves, I like both of them. I think the last one needs some kind of ending though, because it's not really that clear that he's being smitten. Maybe add some roaring clouds and God's voice telling him he's betrayed him. Then add the foot ;)

Secondly, the green letters don't look good on the yellow/orange background. I suggest you look for a color that goes with it better.

And last but not least: Yes, you do have to add music and/or fx yourself ;)

BBS Signature
Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-16 12:18:03 Reply

You know, moving the same graphic around the stage without using tweens doesn't count as FBF :P

As for the movies themselves, I like both of them. I think the last one needs some kind of ending though, because it's not really that clear that he's being smitten. Maybe add some roaring clouds and God's voice telling him he's betrayed him. Then add the foot ;)

Secondly, the green letters don't look good on the yellow/orange background. I suggest you look for a color that goes with it better.

And last but not least: Yes, you do have to add music and/or fx yourself ;)

ah, fuck! well, you're right about the letters. but about the smiting thing, i don't have a microphone (well, an mp3 player, but the quality sucks.) so i can't do a God voice.. And the music, is there a type of music can't use? like hardcore or heavy metal or hip hop or something?

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-16 14:12:35 Reply

At 3/16/09 12:18 PM, Breaktroll wrote: ah, fuck! well, you're right about the letters. but about the smiting thing, i don't have a microphone (well, an mp3 player, but the quality sucks.) so i can't do a God voice.. And the music, is there a type of music can't use? like hardcore or heavy metal or hip hop or something?

Voice: There are plenty of voice actors here on NG that can help you with that. For instance: Corey Holland

Just tell him what you're looking for and he'll help you out. When you do use a voice actor for the voice, make sure to tell me who did the voice so they'll be credited in the collab.

As for music, you can use whatever you want, just make sure it fits with your movie. I'll let you know if I think it fits or not.

BBS Signature
dihoulaladine
dihoulaladine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-16 14:21:32 Reply

emm.. ahem, a little nothing, because i'm in a period of learning Fbf, but i didn't know what to try. and i saw that topic. :x
and i'm not ready to be invited in any collabs, but enjoy anyway (or not)... ;)
RedBull Test

Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-16 14:25:31 Reply

At 3/16/09 02:21 PM, dihoulaladine wrote: emm.. ahem, a little nothing, because i'm in a period of learning Fbf, but i didn't know what to try. and i saw that topic. :x
and i'm not ready to be invited in any collabs, but enjoy anyway (or not)... ;)
RedBull Test

That's pretty good for a beginner. If you keep practicing I'm sure you'll be able to make something amazing soon ;)

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-03-26 09:32:25 Reply

How's everone's parts coming along so far?

I want to hereby anounce that the DEADLINE for your parts is April 21st. I will then start assembling all the parts and release it (if all goes right) before the end of the month. If it gets too close to the end of the month however, I'll wait a week (or 2) so it won't get lost in all the Pico Day submissions.

Also, don't forget to include a little bit of information about you that you want to see on the bios page. Maybe something about what you want to reach with your movies, why you make them or just something totally unrelated.

Send your parts to VincoidAnimations@Gmail.com, and if you want to ask me something about your part or the collab, PM me or mail me before April 21st in case you need to do some more work on your part.

BBS Signature
Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-04-02 16:34:14 Reply

heyhey, kids! hwuhuhahahaha! (please don't sue me for the krusty intro!) i'm done! i made different drawings for movement and added fx and music!

heres v1 swf: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/020409/7 8728_redbullfbfcollab.php

and here's v2 swf: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/020409/7 8991_redbullfbfcollab_v2.php

i really like the outcome from both of 'em, but i think i prefer the second one. tell me what you think!

Red Bull Fbf Collab!

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-04-03 05:08:02 Reply

At 4/2/09 04:34 PM, Breaktroll wrote: heyhey, kids! hwuhuhahahaha! (please don't sue me for the krusty intro!) i'm done! i made different drawings for movement and added fx and music!

heres v1 swf: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/020409/7 8728_redbullfbfcollab.php

and here's v2 swf: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/020409/7 8991_redbullfbfcollab_v2.php

i really like the outcome from both of 'em, but i think i prefer the second one. tell me what you think!

Nice. Send me the files for both of them along with the info that you want in the bios page ;)

BBS Signature
Sprite-harvester
Sprite-harvester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-04-03 16:35:19 Reply

At 4/2/09 04:34 PM, Breaktroll wrote: heyhey, kids! hwuhuhahahaha! (please don't sue me for the krusty intro!) i'm done! i made different drawings for movement and added fx and music!

excellent in both versions. (mutters to myself jealously) I definitely like te second one! very funny

Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-04-04 06:08:40 Reply

wth! i don't get it. it seems that the flash files are both 10 MB or over! it won't upload.

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-04-04 06:45:49 Reply

At 4/4/09 06:08 AM, Breaktroll wrote: wth! i don't get it. it seems that the flash files are both 10 MB or over! it won't upload.

Put them both in zip files, maybe that'll work.

If not, provide me your email address and I'll send you a Gmail invitation so you can send them anyway.

BBS Signature