00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Red Bull Fbf Collab!

20,702 Views | 290 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-18 15:27:31

At 1/18/09 02:34 PM, ughanation wrote:
wait a minute explain fpf to me because neither of those is what I thought you ment.

fbf is just drawing the things you're animating over, no motion/shape tweens, no manual tweens (manual tweens are sometimes accepted), and you don't have to draw the entire character over, just the part you're animating. Although some people consider fbf drawing the whole thing over each frame. idk which Vincoid wants.

Hello to the people that read this!

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-18 19:19:32

Well, I was wondering of it would be alright if I did my own style. It would still be frame by frame, but I was going to do like a flash comic. Like, Egocaptured.
Would that be alright?

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 03:32:12

At 1/18/09 01:57 PM, Snicp wrote: so far
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/180109/5 0327_redbull_fbf_part_snicp.php
you can guess what he saying

Looking good so far, nice expressions ;)

At 1/18/09 03:27 PM, Sprite-harvester wrote:
At 1/18/09 02:34 PM, ughanation wrote:
wait a minute explain fpf to me because neither of those is what I thought you ment.
fbf is just drawing the things you're animating over, no motion/shape tweens, no manual tweens (manual tweens are sometimes accepted), and you don't have to draw the entire character over, just the part you're animating. Although some people consider fbf drawing the whole thing over each frame. idk which Vincoid wants.

It depends. I pretty much draw everything over every single frame, but that's because I hardly use any stills or partial movements. I accept both full fbf and partial fbf though, just not tweens or sprites (unless made by you).

At 1/18/09 03:29 PM, ughanation wrote: Heck I'll take a shot at it then and he doesn't like I'll just submit it on my own.

That's the right attitude ;D

At 1/18/09 07:19 PM, Pacflip wrote: Well, I was wondering of it would be alright if I did my own style. It would still be frame by frame, but I was going to do like a flash comic. Like, Egocaptured.
Would that be alright?

Sure, as long as you use some lip syncing :P

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 03:39:36

If it wasen't about Red Bull I would have joined :(

Creator of the new animated show "The Everydays".

http://www.facebook.com/TheEveryday s

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 04:09:37

this looks like a great collab going here. I wish to join! Also, I would love to make the menu for this as well. Here is an example of my menu work:

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.ph p?id=323048

Age of Shuriken, an ambitious RPG game, is in need of a Background Artist! Check coolroy's page for more info:

http://coolroy.newgrounds.com/news/

post/492693

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 05:13:37

At 1/19/09 03:39 AM, secondstamp wrote: If it wasen't about Red Bull I would have joined :(

If this was a useful comment, I would've responded.

Oops.

At 1/19/09 04:09 AM, tomocles wrote: this looks like a great collab going here. I wish to join! Also, I would love to make the menu for this as well. Here is an example of my menu work:

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.ph p?id=323048

Thanks for the offer, but I'm doing the menu myself. Also, when you're making a menu and your buttons are mere text, add an invisible shape behind it so you can click the entire area instead of just the letters ;)

As for animation, your animated hand tutorial looks good, but have you got any other animations that shows your potential?

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 08:47:43

So let me get this right, i just draw a picture red bull and tween it across the screen ?

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 09:04:32

At 1/19/09 08:47 AM, patu1 wrote: So let me get this right, i just draw a picture red bull and tween it across the screen ?

What? Where did you get that Idea?

Here's a portrait of my character.

Red Bull Fbf Collab!

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 13:05:39

At 1/19/09 08:47 AM, patu1 wrote: So let me get this right, i just draw a picture red bull and tween it across the screen ?

Only if you don't know the meaning of fbf and want to be certain of not getting in this collab.

At 1/19/09 09:04 AM, ChillyCheese wrote: Here's a portrait of my character.

Awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 14:26:00

At 1/19/09 05:13 AM, Vincoid wrote:
As for animation, your animated hand tutorial looks good, but have you got any other animations that shows your potential?

um, did you see the animation part of that menu? All done by me, so I think it well displays my potential.

Age of Shuriken, an ambitious RPG game, is in need of a Background Artist! Check coolroy's page for more info:

post/492693

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 14:32:17

At 1/19/09 09:04 AM, ChillyCheese wrote:
What? Where did you get that Idea?

Well from the first post of course ! So by FBF you mean i need to draw the red bull drink crossing the screen in each frame ? But why if i can simply tween it ?

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 15:12:02

all he is saying is that the main part of the animation MUST be fbf. You can tween the redbull, but that isnt a very good example anyways. Anyways, you will mostly just be doing fbf anyways, because it would be way harder to tween a redbull being lifted and drunk from, than it is to simply fbf the red bull.

post/492693

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 16:02:03

Who said anything about lifting and drinking ? can i Just move the can across the screen ? and well if you insist on fbf i think i can make a stickman waving hello frame by frame, while i tween the red bull can..

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 16:04:58

At 1/17/09 07:24 PM, Sprite-harvester wrote: Hey guys i was able to make this fbf in about 15 minutes. Just a sample of my work, hope you like it.

sorry for double post. I just wanted to add that those green lines and white rectangles look very unprofessional, and also why does that man have no face ?
P.S
Smoke doesn't look like that..

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 16:19:12

At 1/19/09 04:02 PM, patu1 wrote: Who said anything about lifting and drinking ? can i Just move the can across the screen ? and well if you insist on fbf i think i can make a stickman waving hello frame by frame, while i tween the red bull can..

can you stop making fun of your self? seriously its not even funny.

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 16:41:52

At 1/19/09 04:02 PM, patu1 wrote: Who said anything about lifting and drinking ? can i Just move the can across the screen ? and well if you insist on fbf i think i can make a stickman waving hello frame by frame, while i tween the red bull can..

Oh man.. That sounds exciting. Red bull.....tweening across the screen...

Is that seriously all you can think of?

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 16:43:06

ok, patu, you are very stupid it sounds like. You CANT tween a redbull across the stage. Only some noob would be so stupid as to think that is ok.

post/492693

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 16:46:24

I haven't actually laughed from a post in a long time... Thanks for brightening my day man!

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 18:09:24

At 1/19/09 04:04 PM, patu1 wrote: sorry for double post. I just wanted to add that those green lines and white rectangles look very unprofessional, and also why does that man have no face ?
P.S

retard. i told you the green lines appeared while i tried to convert the .fla into a .gif and i have no idea why they appeared. second, he has no face because it was just a sample animation, you know, something i animated quickly in order to show I'm a decent animator. And third, I know smoke doesn't look like that, it's a sample animation done in 15 minutes, who the fuck cares?

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 18:56:21

At 1/19/09 04:04 PM, patu1 wrote: sorry for double post. I just wanted to add that those green lines and white rectangles look very unprofessional, and also why does that man have no face ?

Haven't you heard?!
Unnecessary white lines and rectangles are the new thing!
All the pros are doing it!

Again. Get with the times!
A bylaw was passed just before Christmas to alter the laws of chemistry and physics so that smoke disintergrates into thin air in mere seconds!! And in straight sided shapes no less!!

>:(

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 19:09:51

At 1/18/09 07:19 PM, Pacflip wrote: Well, I was wondering of it would be alright if I did my own style. It would still be frame by frame, but I was going to do like a flash comic. Like, Egocaptured.
Would that be alright?
Sure, as long as you use some lip syncing :P

So, do you still want a sample piece from me?

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 20:09:21

I see why you'd say that, but do you think it'd be interesting to look at a guy simply drinking his redbull? It's all a matter of trial and error though. Maybe start out with sticks and then mesh out the bodies around those afterwards.
Also, pay close attention to the timing and the spacing of the animation.

If you can, make a sketch version of your idea. If you send that to me, I'll check it out and give you some tips on what to change, etc. What do you think of that?

I didnt mean that that was going to be my collab piece, just a guy drinking a redbull, but yeah. I already have a sketch version i could send you, but it was just one of my early ideas and I think I could come up with a better one.

Thanks for the tips on the full body animation, but I dont think this is going to be a huge challenge for me, I was just saying that a lot of full bodied dynamic movements are hard to do.

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 20:23:17

Lol, I think I'm gunna join! Ive got a few ideas! ;)

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 20:33:52

At 1/19/09 06:56 PM, Goat-Man wrote:
Haven't you heard?!
Unnecessary white lines and rectangles are the new thing!
All the pros are doing it!

Again. Get with the times!
A bylaw was passed just before Christmas to alter the laws of chemistry and physics so that smoke disintergrates into thin air in mere seconds!! And in straight sided shapes no less!!

>:(

:| ... :) ... X) ... XD
lol. thnx for the backup... kinda. Sorta defending me yet making fun of my part at the same time XD. pretty funny. thnx for the laugh

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 20:47:07

:D This is what it will be like!

Red Bull Fbf Collab!

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 21:01:47

At 1/19/09 08:47 PM, sefyz wrote:
D This is what it will be like!

it looks like you just took a picture of a red bull can and used the trace bitmap feature. draw it yourself

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-19 23:48:18

I was hoping this would be a collab parodying the FBF style animations in the RebBull ads, oh well good luck anyway.

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-20 04:20:57

At 1/19/09 02:26 PM, tomocles wrote: um, did you see the animation part of that menu? All done by me, so I think it well displays my potential.

You mean those 5 or 6 frames? I'm going to need a bit more to be able to fully judge your skills. It doesn't have to be a whole lot, just something simple that shows you got the skills. At least more than 6 frames :P

At 1/19/09 02:32 PM, patu1 wrote: Well from the first post of course ! So by FBF you mean i need to draw the red bull drink crossing the screen in each frame ? But why if i can simply tween it ?

No. It means you need to animate someone frame by frame after drinking the redbull to show the effect. The reason for it being frame by frame is because it requires more skill than tweening, and it also makes the animation looks alive if done well, that's why I need to see that you have the skill before you can join.

Not that you can, because you're simply too stupid to join.

At 1/19/09 07:09 PM, Pacflip wrote: So, do you still want a sample piece from me?

If you want to be sure of a spot in the collab, it's best you do. You can also just try and animate it, but if the collab's full when you've finished it, there's a big chance it won't get it.

At 1/19/09 08:23 PM, sefyz wrote: Lol, I think I'm gunna join! Ive got a few ideas! ;)

Cool. Though don't use pictures of RedBulls in your submission, it's about fbf here. No tweening either ;P

At 1/19/09 11:48 PM, MeatSheild wrote: I was hoping this would be a collab parodying the FBF style animations in the RebBull ads, oh well good luck anyway.

Wether you make a parody, a tribute, or simply something crazy all depends on you. As long as it's great quality and entertaining I will be pleased.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-20 04:45:02

ya, 19 frames for the first one, and 27 frames for the last one. Here's proof:

http://www.truploader.com/view_upload.ph p?id=115621

if that isnt enough to show you I can do it, I am out.

post/492693

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-20 06:48:35

I would be so happy to join your collab man! count me in! :D