00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Red Bull Fbf Collab!

20,717 Views | 290 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-14 06:19:58

Welcome!

This is a collab about one of my favorite drinks: Red Bull!

The objective of this collab is to make a short animation featuring a character you've designed, doing whatever he does after drinking Red Bull. This could mean that he becomes paranoid, he suddenly becomes 20 times more awesome and hooks up with every girl in town, he could run around town trying to imitate Spider Man, or he dies of a heart attack in an over-dramatic way.
Whatever comes to mind, animate it, as long as it's original and funny.

Requirement and such:
* You can animate anything you want, as long as it's frame by frame animated. No sprites, but you can use the pixel tool if you want.
* Violence is allowed and so is blood. Sexual content is allowed too, though nothing too crazy. If you're planning on including anything sexual or violent, tell me what you're thinking and I'll tell you if I'll allow it in the collab.
* End Date: May 2009.
Yeah, that's a lot of time, but I want to see high quality and give everyone enough time to realize that. I'm also working on a movie for Pico Day, so I can spend little time on making the menu, etc. for this untill then.
* Anyone can join. However, you first need to show me that you can actually animate well. Do this by either posting a link to an animation, or saying you want to join so I'll check out the animations on your userpage. Don't bother joining if you haven't actually animated anything yet. There's plenty of time though to make a sample animation, so you can always try later.
Once I've looked at your animation(s) I'll decide if you can join or not.
Also, include a picture of the character you will be using. I want to see variety in the different animations, plus originality. Using a very simple character isn't very funny unless your animation is great, so come up with something new and exciting.
* I use Flash 8, so all files should be in that format or lower. Also give all of your symbols a unique name, starting with your NG username, for instance: Vincoid_movieclipname.
You can use your own background, though the default should be set to white. You can also use your own music and voice acting.
* FPS is 24.
Stage Size is 720(w)x405(h)
The lenght of the animation must be between 10 and 30 seconds.
Don't add any name tags as I will be putting those in myself. Do keep in mind though that they will be in the lower right corner, so don't put anything important there.
* Co-authors will be determined by quality.
* When sending me your part, include any kind of info on you you want me to put in the movie, as well as anyone who was involved in making your part (credit any songs you used and voice actors.)
Part should be send to: VincoidAnimations@Gmail.com

There are 10 initial parts available. I'm aiming for 5 minutes of animation, so if a lot of animations end up being shorter then half a minute, I will add extra spaces.

When uploading sample animations, use THIS to do so.

That's it for now. I'll answer any questions here and I'll keep a list of who's in the collab. There is no need to ask for a certain spot though, as I'll be putting them in order myself in the end.

GET EXCITED! (or drink a Red Bull)

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-14 07:21:05

Also, if anyone's wondering, my BA is 4.08 and my highest solo submission has a score of 3.78 (not really a good representation of my current skills though).

I'll also try and get a small movie up to get the word out.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-14 15:38:34

I've also posted this on the CampNorth forums, and "t" is already working on something (that is when his bull kicks in).

Promo movie is coming great so far. I'm going to sleep now but I'll finish it tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 14:45:45

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 15:41:48

Dude... I would love to be a part of this, but I don't have an awesome Idea yet... I'll check back when I do, and if there are still openings, I'll snag a spot when I come up with a good'n!

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 15:46:47

really good idea for a collab i think ill join it

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 15:53:14

Vincoid, another brilliant idea. Im sorry, I cant join lol cause I cannot animate, but I will vote 5 for you and the participants :D

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 18:43:35

I'd be willing to participate. Check out my userpage for sample animations - there's two submissions there.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 19:19:55

Alright! I have 2 awesome Ideas.

I will animate both right away.

once I'm done I'll let you choose which one to use, oh... By the way, can we swear?

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 19:29:48

I may do this; I love those cheesy Red Bull commercials. But info:
I don't have any animations, but when I get a tablet in Febuary (Bamboo Fun Medium) I'm gonna start this.
I will probably use my G-Man character. A shitty suprhero. This will be good practice for first using my tablet. I will post a pic of G-Man later on, if you accept me
My BA is approximately 3.1. I can hand draw, but suck at mouse

/

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 21:25:08

YES.

I'll do this, awesome collab

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 21:33:07

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/160109/6 6702_Sunset_Collab.swf

this is the most recent uploaded flash that i've done, but its not the best I could do, and it was also my first time with a vcam...so in other words if I did one here it would be better and not have sticks.

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-16 22:30:51

lol. I'm not old enough to drink but i love this idea. I'll try to animate something for it. I've already come up with an idea!

Hello to the people that read this!

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 02:22:18

At 1/16/09 03:46 PM, Snicp wrote: really good idea for a collab i think ill join it

That would be awesome ;)

At 1/16/09 03:53 PM, BillysProgrammer wrote: Vincoid, another brilliant idea. Im sorry, I cant join lol cause I cannot animate, but I will vote 5 for you and the participants :D

Too bad. Thanks anyway.

At 1/16/09 06:43 PM, NickPolyz wrote: I'd be willing to participate. Check out my userpage for sample animations - there's two submissions there.

Have you made any other animations that could show your skills in frame by frame animating?

At 1/16/09 07:19 PM, Dylawrence wrote: Alright! I have 2 awesome Ideas.

I will animate both right away.

once I'm done I'll let you choose which one to use, oh... By the way, can we swear?

Allright, and yes, you can swear.

At 1/16/09 07:29 PM, Renandchi2 wrote: I may do this; I love those cheesy Red Bull commercials.

Ok, thanks.

At 1/16/09 09:23 PM, ughanation wrote: I'd like to join. I'd use my origenal design the ugh. I mostly animate with clay but I can do fine with Flash aswell.

Your animations don't really show how well you can animate when it comes to frame by frame. Have you got animations that do, or could you animate something that shows it?

At 1/16/09 09:25 PM, Lockand1oad wrote: YES.

I'll do this, awesome collab

Thanks. Your animations look good when it comes to movement, but how are you with non-stick characters?

At 1/16/09 09:36 PM, Dragonberry wrote: eew, i don't really like red bull, kinda tastes like grape chalk to me.

I don't eat chalk, so I really wouldn't know :P

At 1/16/09 10:30 PM, Sprite-harvester wrote: lol. I'm not old enough to drink but i love this idea. I'll try to animate something for it. I've already come up with an idea!

You know we're talking about the non-alcoholic energy drink right? :P

Also, have you got any animations to show how well you can animate? Except for sprites of course as those are not allowed.

Parts taken:
- t (CampNorth)
- SnicP
- DyLawrence
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Consideration list:
- Aryk (CampNorth)
- Lockand1oad

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 08:42:33

At 1/17/09 02:22 AM, Vincoid wrote:
At 1/16/09 10:30 PM, Sprite-harvester wrote: lol. I'm not old enough to drink but i love this idea. I'll try to animate something for it. I've already come up with an idea!
You know we're talking about the non-alcoholic energy drink right? :P

ha ha. sorry. I was thinking of a different drink. That doesn't matter though, I'll still do a part. also i'll try to get up a sample animation asap but it may be a couple weeks from now since i gotta study for mid-terms :P

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 09:31:38

At 1/17/09 09:11 AM, ughanation wrote: All my animations are frame by frame.

Really, because I was looking at 'flying penguins' and I didn't get the feeling it was all fbf.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 11:02:14

At 1/17/09 10:09 AM, ughanation wrote: **Sorry to post so much**
Or would you perfer it colored?

Colored is indeed better, but I don't think you have the quality I'm looking for either way. If you think you can and have a great idea, you can try and prove me wrong though(free practice).

Thanks anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 12:36:44

At 1/16/09 06:43 PM, NickPolyz wrote: I'd be willing to participate. Check out my userpage for sample animations - there's two submissions there.
Have you made any other animations that could show your skills in frame by frame animating?

No. Should I make something new that's fbf?

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 12:41:08

At 1/17/09 12:36 PM, NickPolyz wrote:
No. Should I make something new that's fbf?

Or should I just make my collab submission and you will decide if it's well enough animated.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 13:21:35

Maybe I'll join. Save a part for me. I'm already working for another collab.

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 13:52:49

I've messed around with non-stick characters, and the only way I am not good with them is if they're running or fighting or doing a bunch o different things at once. Something simple like talking or picking up a redbull and drinking it are easy though, so its not going to be a problem

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 16:38:15

At 1/17/09 12:41 PM, NickPolyz wrote: Or should I just make my collab submission and you will decide if it's well enough animated.

That would work. Even if I think it's not good enough for the collab, you've still practiced your skills and learned some new things ;)

At 1/17/09 01:21 PM, FireBlazeProductions wrote: Maybe I'll join. Save a part for me. I'm already working for another collab.

I've looked at your animations and they look good, but I can't really tell wether you'd be good for this one. Have you got any animations that would show off your fbf skills with your own sprites or brush/pencil tool animated fbf?

At 1/17/09 01:40 PM, Davidzx wrote: why do I see a huge collection of dick jokes comming?

I'm not to worried about that. I wonder why?

Maybe because I decide wether they go in the collab or not? Yeah :P

At 1/17/09 01:52 PM, Lockand1oad wrote: I've messed around with non-stick characters, and the only way I am not good with them is if they're running or fighting or doing a bunch o different things at once. Something simple like talking or picking up a redbull and drinking it are easy though, so its not going to be a problem

I see why you'd say that, but do you think it'd be interesting to look at a guy simply drinking his redbull? It's all a matter of trial and error though. Maybe start out with sticks and then mesh out the bodies around those afterwards.
Also, pay close attention to the timing and the spacing of the animation.

If you can, make a sketch version of your idea. If you send that to me, I'll check it out and give you some tips on what to change, etc. What do you think of that?

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 19:24:14

Hey guys i was able to make this fbf in about 15 minutes. Just a sample of my work, hope you like it.

Red Bull Fbf Collab!

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 19:25:46

sorry for the bad quality, must've done something when converting into a .gif. who knows why those green lines appeared...

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-17 19:27:25

Let me join! I will join and have a great frame by frame animation done by May.
I don't really have much experience, but I'll mess around with it until it looks fabulous!

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-18 05:14:06

At 1/17/09 07:25 PM, Sprite-harvester wrote: sorry for the bad quality, must've done something when converting into a .gif. who knows why those green lines appeared...

For 15 minutes, I say that's pretty good. If you spend more time on just as much animation and add some shadow and such, I think it'll come out great ;)

At 1/17/09 07:27 PM, Pacflip wrote: Let me join! I will join and have a great frame by frame animation done by May.
I don't really have much experience, but I'll mess around with it until it looks fabulous!

Go ahead an try, though I can't promise you a spot yet without a sample animation.

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-18 07:04:31

Can I join? My newest animation, that's fully frame-by-frame is this .

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-18 09:33:04

At 1/18/09 07:04 AM, ChillyCheese wrote: Can I join? My newest animation, that's fully frame-by-frame is this .

Absolutely. Very nice animation by the way, great athmosphere and smooth animation ;D

Parts taken:
- t (CampNorth)
- SnicP
- DyLawrence
- ChillyCheese
-
-
-
-
-
-

BBS Signature

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-18 11:53:44

At 1/18/09 09:33 AM, Vincoid wrote: Absolutely. Very nice animation by the way, great athmosphere and smooth animation ;D

Awesome! Thanks.

Response to Red Bull Fbf Collab! 2009-01-18 13:57:40