ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-06 05:14:47

At 1/4/10 05:11 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
and may even be their final fight!

So, these guys have had three "Final fights"?

Intriguing.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-11 16:49:56

Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye
Publisher: SEGA
System: SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive)
Genre: Board Games
Cost: 800 Wii Points

It's Mahjong solitaire. That's all you fucking need to know.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Dingbat2212
Dingbat2212
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-11 17:47:19

At 1/11/10 04:49 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye

It's Mahjong solitaire.

eh, not my kind of game

:That's all you fucking need to know.
lol

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-12 04:14:07

At 1/11/10 04:49 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye

It's Mahjong solitaire. That's all you fucking need to know.

Crap. This means one of two things:

1. We're in for a hell of a week next week. Maybe we'll get Earthbound?

2. We're going to go into another slump where we get crap games or none at all for a few weeks.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-18 17:32:48

At 1/12/10 04:14 AM, puddinN64 wrote: 1. We're in for a hell of a week next week. Maybe we'll get Earthbound?

Give up that hope puddinN64. We're not getting Earthbound.

Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Genre: Platformer

Easy to play, hard to master, Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi, first released in 1987, is the sequel to the original Shinobi arcade game, and is one of the only games in the Shinobi series to feature true arcade-style gameplay. Play as Joe Musashi, the master ninja known to his enemies only as "The Shinobi". This battle is not one you must fight alone, as this is the first game in the Shinobi series to feature your ninja attack dog, Yamoto, who will charge foes on command, leaving them open to a powerful drop kick. Use your mastery of ancient ninja technique to topple the crime syndicate-the Neo Zeed Corporation, and free the foreign dignitaries they have taken hostage in New York City. Good luck, and may the ninja spirits help guide you in your journey.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-18 19:16:59

At 1/18/10 05:32 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 1/12/10 04:14 AM, puddinN64 wrote: 1. We're in for a hell of a week next week. Maybe we'll get Earthbound?
Give up that hope puddinN64. We're not getting Earthbound.

Never say never, my friend. Stranger things have happened. Getting Solid Snake into Brawl was pretty miraculous, right?

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-18 21:42:39

At 1/12/10 04:14 AM, puddinN64 wrote: 2. We're going to go into another slump where we get crap games or none at all for a few weeks.

We're already in one.

kidd25
kidd25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-18 21:46:54

At 1/18/10 09:42 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 1/12/10 04:14 AM, puddinN64 wrote: 2. We're going to go into another slump where we get crap games or none at all for a few weeks.
We're already in one.

when earthbound come to it we shall all be saved.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-18 21:57:06

At 1/18/10 07:16 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Never say never, my friend. Stranger things have happened. Getting Solid Snake into Brawl was pretty miraculous, right?

Certainly awesome, but nothing miraculous.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-18 22:19:12

At 1/18/10 09:57 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 1/18/10 07:16 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Never say never, my friend. Stranger things have happened. Getting Solid Snake into Brawl was pretty miraculous, right?
Certainly awesome, but nothing miraculous.

I guess so.

But you know what would be miraculous?

If Microsoft said to Rareware, "You're not cutting it anymore, GTFO" and then Nintendo picked them back up and had them make games for them again. Then all of Rare's old stuff like Blast Corps, Conker, and the Banjo series could be on Virtual Console. That would just make not only my day, but my whole damn year.

But that'll never happen...

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-18 22:44:02

At 1/18/10 10:19 PM, puddinN64 wrote: But that'll never happen...

We're certainly not gonna get Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Kazooie, or Banjo-Tooie. For XBOX 360 owners it truly is a dream come true for them to have both Banjo games with the Stop 'N' Swop Enabled. However we did get the Donkey Kong Country games from Rare, but that was only because they have Nintendo characters in them.

We'll probably get Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing on the Virtual Console, but there will sadly be no Battletoads.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-18 22:51:50

At 1/18/10 10:44 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 1/18/10 10:19 PM, puddinN64 wrote: But that'll never happen...
We're certainly not gonna get Conker's Bad Fur Day,

Dammit. That's all I wanted. The one black sheep in Nintendo's family friendly fold.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-25 18:44:01

I'll help out The-Great-One with this:

New On Virtual Console

System: Wii
No. of players: To be determined
Release Date: Jan 25, 2010
Publisher: LucasArts
Genre: Action
Wii Points: 800
ESRB Rating: E 10+
Original System: SNES
Original Release: 1993

Basically its the sequel to ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS.

:D

Wii Virtual Console

BBS Signature
BluLime
BluLime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-26 02:22:17

YOU MUST ALL DOWNLOAD ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK AND OCARINA OF TIME!!
GO! NOW!!!!

Hey Paul!

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-26 02:49:53

At 1/25/10 06:44 PM, puddinN64 wrote: I'll help out The-Great-One with this:

Thanks for your help man. It's been one hell of a weekend I can tell you.

At 1/26/10 02:22 AM, BluLime wrote: YOU MUST ALL DOWNLOAD ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK AND OCARINA OF TIME!!
GO! NOW!!!!

No thanks, I got this...

Wii Virtual Console

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-01 17:31:10

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
System: SEGA Master System
Genre: Platformer
Cost: 500 Wii Points

hat do you get when you combine the two monumental Sega classics Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Shinobi? Alex Kidd in Shinobi World of course! Though never released in Japan, this game has it all: Alex Kidd, kidnapped princesses, evil Dark Ninjas - and of course it's all played to a rockin' remixed Shinobi sound track. Run, jump, swim and slash your way through twelve stages, teeming with monstrous foes from the world of Shinobi, and some more lighthearted ones from Alex Kidd. Just don't let the barracudas turn you into sushi!

COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mega Man 4
Publisher: Capcom
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Action

In Mega Man 4, Dr. Wily is declared as having been killed by the explosion of Gamma. A year passes and Rock, Roll, and Dr. Light are living in peace. But soon, the peace is broken by a new threat. A supposed colleague of Dr. Light's, the mysterious Dr. Cossack, has sent out eight of his own Robot Masters to find Mega Man, whom Cossack blames for the kidnapping of his daughter. Mega Man, hoping to clear his name, sets out to find Dr. Cossack, this time armed with a powerful new weapon: the Rock Buster!

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-01 19:05:44

At 2/1/10 05:31 PM, The-Great-One wrote: COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mega Man 4

Lack of 60Hz support still makes me sad but I'm glad to hear this game's coming out. I actually got Mega Man 3 a few months ago when I found out I was able to get any game worth 500 points for free due to paying for Internet Channel at one point. Fortunately, the music wasn't butchered so hopefully the same will be so for this game. However, the one Mega Man game I want to play the most right now is Mega Man X and I wonder when the hell this will come out on VC.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ] Formerly Bahamut

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-08 21:20:04

If you're wondering why I haven't been updating this thread more regularly, right when the games come out. Well Nintendo hasn't been releasing a lot of good things on the Virtual Console so it's disappointing to say the least.

If you want to know what I have been doing with my spare time (besides drawing giraffes) will be after the update.

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment, Inc.
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Adventure (Point and Click Kind of)

Featuring a cast of cute characters and an endearing sense of humor, this unique title has gained a dedicated following since its release on the original NES system. The wicked Minister Pumpkin, a nobleman in the Salad Kingdom, has rebelled and kicked King Broccoli off the throne. Worse yet, he has kidnapped Princess Tomato and, with the help of the treacherous Farmies, proceeded to abolish all truth, justice, sweetness and light from the Salad Kingdom. Players take on the role of the brave Sir Cucumber, hero of the kingdom, and set out on a quest to rescue the princess and topple Minister Pumpkin. Progress through multiple locations using set commands (such as MOVE, LOOK, and TALK), while winning bouts of Finger Wars (Rock-Paper-Scissors), collecting information and items, and heeding helpful clues from your faithful companion, Percy (a Persimmon). If you fail, the entire Salad Kingdom will be tossed into frenzy. Sir Cucumber, your princess awaits!

EARTHBOUND TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Don't get excited. I have no word. I have been spending countless hours and days trying to find any information I can on Earthbound coming to the Virtual Console. I have heard one rumor that it would be coming on either Presidents' Day or Columbus Day, but I think that was merely a joke, I could be wrong though.

I will still be looking for more information on this matter... because well simply put we're getting crap on the Virtual Console.

Oh yeah and as for Goldeneye 007 coming to the Virtual Console, it was made by RARE so it ain't gonna happen. If it does happen it will be on the XBOX Live Arcade alongside Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Same with the N64 version of Conker's Bad Fur Day. Nothing is going to change it, so get the fuck over it.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-08 21:24:43

At 2/8/10 09:20 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Conker
Nothing is going to change it, so get the fuck over it.

NEVER. Until I can fight giant monsters of shit on my Wii, I will never give up.

BBS Signature
Ubahootah
Ubahootah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-09 01:36:45

I really need to get some Virtual Console points. The last thing i downloaded was the Internet Channel. When it became free. I need more 500 points to get something actually good. Maybe I'll buy some on Wednesday or his weekend.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-09 12:30:33

This is an import title, correct?

Well, at least it has an interesting title...

BBS Signature
JellySoup
JellySoup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-09 14:12:23

At 2/9/10 12:30 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
This is an import title, correct?

No, it had a US release in 1991.

Can you feel the pure 16-bit love?

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-09 16:57:38

So, since this thread doesn't really get any attention, I'm going to put down some titles that I want to see on the Virtual Console:

The Simpsons Arcade Game
Mayhem in Dinosaur Land-Commodore 64
Pokemon Stadium 2-N64
Ogre Battle 64-N64
Starcraft 64-N64
Uniracers-SNES
James Buster Douglas Knockout Boxing-Genesis
Resident Evil 2-N64

BBS Signature
AtillaTheLion
AtillaTheLion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-09 17:59:21

So... what would happen if Earthbound ever did come out on the virtual console? Are you going to quit posting games after wards?

Just how exactly does "getting laid" solve any mental problems? Hmm? /:7

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-09 19:27:22

At 2/9/10 05:59 PM, AtillaTheLion wrote: So... what would happen if Earthbound ever did come out on the virtual console? Are you going to quit posting games after wards?

If Earthbound came out, you wouldn't see me on here until I had beaten and squeezed every little drop of fun out of it.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-10 01:12:28

At 2/9/10 04:57 PM, puddinN64 wrote: The Simpsons Arcade Game

I'd rather get the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game first before The Simpsons Arcade Game.

Pokemon Stadium 2-N64

Hmm... well the cool thing about that game was the Transfer Pack to where you could use your Pokemon from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal versions on the game. No Transfer Pack, what's the point?

Ogre Battle 64-N64

It's coming.

Resident Evil 2-N64

Possible.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-10 08:04:54

At 2/10/10 01:12 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 2/9/10 04:57 PM, puddinN64 wrote: The Simpsons Arcade Game
I'd rather get the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game first before The Simpsons Arcade Game.

Hmmm, that's true. I would actually love to see both of those games. Konami already got the NES Turtles game on the VC. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to get the SImpons or the Arcade Turtles.

Pokemon Stadium 2-N64
Hmm... well the cool thing about that game was the Transfer Pack to where you could use your Pokemon from Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal versions on the game. No Transfer Pack, what's the point?

Yeah, maybe they could alter it to work with my Pokemon ranch?

Ogre Battle 64-N64
It's coming.

Was unsure. I trust you.

Resident Evil 2-N64
Possible.

It's just an interesting little gem. I'm still surprised that they managed to fit that game onto an N64 console. I think that when the Wii is in its final days, they should start releasing crazy shit like this for the Virtual Console. Or maybe to help celebrate the release of a new Resident Evil game in the future?

BBS Signature
JellySoup
JellySoup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-10 15:50:55

I'd actually like to see a few more import games from series we've seen only a few translations of. I'm particularly interested in the Kawa no Nushi Tsuri (Legend of the River King to us) series. However, like many RPGs, text heavy games probably aren't the way to go.

Can you feel the pure 16-bit love?

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-10 16:32:25

Could Diddy Kong Racing come out on Virtual Console?

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-02-10 17:10:13

At 2/10/10 04:32 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Could Diddy Kong Racing come out on Virtual Console?

Seeing as it does have Diddy Kong in it a character owned by Nintendo, it could come out for the Virtual Console. However I wouldn't recommend it unless you're getting it for the multiplayer, other than that just stick to Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64.

BBS Signature