• 441 Replies
DePrati
DePrati
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-21 14:50:41

Now I relize how fun the wii can be. now if I can get a fucking internet connection

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-24 01:09:19

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia
Publisher: Majesco Entertainment
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Adventure, Puzzles
Cost: 500 Wii Points

HELP SAVE BLOBOLONIA! Blob has come from the distant planet Blobolonia in search of an earth boy to help him save his world. Join him on this fantastic adventure, searching for treasures in mysterious caverns beneath the earth, then traveling to Blobolonia to battle the evil emperor. Discover Blob's amazing appetite for jellybeans, and the different transformations that occur with each flavor. Learn to use these shapes to overcome even the most outrageous obstacles. A Boy and His Blob is a fantastic journey filled with constant surprises and humorous characters.

Super Mario Kart
Publisher: Nintendo
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Racing
Cost: 800 Wii Points

Get-in, sit-down, and buckle-up to experience frantic kart racing with the game that started it all. Select one of eight characters from the Mario series-offering a variety of driving styles-and take on three championship cups in three different kart classes. Win enough and you'll unlock a fourth circuit: the ultra-tough Special Cup. Crossing the finish line in first place isn't an easy task though, as each track has unique obstacles to conquer and racers can obtain special power-ups that boost them to victory. For a different kind of challenge, take on a friend in multiplayer races or go head-to-head in the Battle Mode arena of your choosing, where the object is to pop your opponent's balloons before you lose your own. With more than 15 tracks to master and nearly endless replay value, Super Mario Kart is classic gaming...with some banana peels thrown in for good measure!

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-24 15:58:53

At 11/24/09 01:09 AM, The-Great-One wrote: NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia

No surprise. Seems obvisous they would release this to pimp out the new game.

Super Mario Kart

About time. The 64 version has been on since 2007, right?

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
xXbrendlesXx
xXbrendlesXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-24 18:14:44

original super smash bros fuck yeah

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-24 22:53:18

At 11/24/09 03:58 PM, puddinN64 wrote: No surprise. Seems obvisous they would release this to pimp out the new game.

Well it does make sense. Release the remake why not release the one that came before it.

About time. The 64 version has been on since 2007, right?

I know. Then again I can just hop down to my retro video game store and get the cartridge for my Super Nintendo instead.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-25 06:22:01

COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
System: Nintendo 64
Genre: Strategy / RPG
Cost: 1000 Wii Points US (EU 1200 Wii Points)

The Holy Lodis Empire, rumored to be planning the domination of the entire continent of Zeteginia. Magnus Gallant is assigned to the Southern Division of the Palatinean Army, where he witnesses the plight of the lower class, oppressed by the Empire and treated as livestock.

Game Features

- One of the largest N64 games ever
- Real time battle system
- Save up to 3 seperate game files
- Multiple quests enhance gameplay
- 3D field map
- Over 50 hours of gameplay with multiple endings

Chotetsu Brikin'ger
Publisher: SNK
System: Neo-Geo
Genre: Action, Shooter
Cost: 900 Wii Points

No Description

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-30 15:00:05

The Combatribes
Publisher: Aksys Games
Genre: Fighting, Action

The evil gang known as "Guilty Zero" rules the city and it's up to you as one of the members of the Combatribes to take them down. Choose one of three characters and fight your way through the city of New York. Progress through the game by tackling the goons and boss of each stage using your arsenal of kicks, punches, throws, and other techniques to beat them into submission. Once your stamina bar is reduced to zero, you'll need to use a continue, but when you're out of continues, it's game over. Can you eliminate the threat of "Guilty Zero" and restore the peace in New York City!?

Solomon's Key
Publisher: Tecmo
System: Arcade
Genre: Action, Puzzles
Cost: 600 Wii Points

Solomon's Key is an action/puzzle game where you control the wizard Dana, delving into a labyrinth to seek out a magical tome called Solomon's Key, an item that will help in your quest to drive away evil spirits let loose in the world. The goal of the game is to use the buttons to create and destroy blocks, and use various techniques to find keys to pass through doors. The game has appeared on a variety of platforms, but the arcade version focuses strongly on the action elements of the game, making it more challenging, and allowing players of all skill levels, from beginners to masters to enjoy it. Settings like the number of lives and difficulty level can be adjusted.

Hadonia
Hadonia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-05 16:59:48

At 11/10/09 10:39 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 11/9/09 11:48 PM, Chiklay4 wrote: Oh god if they had yoshi's island first for DSiware I swear
I think Yoshi's Island would appear on the Virtual Console first. Seeing as it appeared on the Super Nintendo first.

Love how people think the reason Yoshi's Island isn't on VC is the SuperFX 2 Chip. Please, the fact that Nintendo is too lazy to put the game on VC is the problem! They probably also see no reason to give into popular demand, there's just no profit in it.

Cold is a low amount of heat
Happiness is a low amount of depression

matt1801
matt1801
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-06 00:50:27

I wanna get the Excitebike:world rally on Wiiware.
It looked so cool when I saw it on Nintendo Channel!

Chiklay4
Chiklay4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-06 02:54:15

At 11/25/09 06:22 AM, The-Great-One wrote: COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber

This is awesome! Now I need more points

Asdf

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-07 17:25:21

Sorry for the late update. I though puddinN64 was gonna update this for me, but I guess he must have been busy. Luckily I've got some free time now. For those who care, Hanukkah is coming up soon and I am part Jewish.

Shinobi
Publisher: SEGA
Genre: Arcade, Action

Here's a bit of helpful advice to all you criminal organizations out there: if you're going to hatch an elaborate plot that involves kidnapping children, don't kidnap children that have ninjas for parents. That was the big mistake that the group called "Zeed" made when it went after the offspring of the Oboro clan. Now, Joe Musashi is on the hunt, rescuing the young hostages and taking out Zeed's leaders, the "Ring of Five." As you scour each stage, leave no children behind, as Joe can't proceed to the next level without freeing them all. With an unlimited supply of shuriken, his sharpened katana, and his deadly fists and feet, Joe will show Zeed why you don't mess with family.

Street Fighter Alpha 2
Publisher: Capcom
Genre: Fighting

Street Fighter Alpha 2 explodes on-screen with lightning-fast gameplay and amazing innovations. Quick Move Reversals, Alpha Counters and the incredible Custom Combo System create a new standard for all games to fight by. Push your talents to the limit as you discover new hidden moves and reversals for every character. Neutralize opponent's attacks with high and low Alpha Counters and execute incredible Custom Combos to create your own rapid-fire assault of attacks. All your favorite warriors are back for more. Previously hidden characters Dan, Akuma, and Bison are joined by five new fighters: Rolento, Gen, Sakura, and classic favorites Dhalsim and Zangief.

Blaster Master
Publisher: Sunsoft
Genre: Action

The New York sewers were never like this! You've fallen down a hidden manhole into a world of creatures so terrifying they'd scare the rats away. You can panic and perish, or blast your way through an endless maze of tunnels, searching for the secret passages to your escape. And, that's the easy part. Because the Masters of the Caverns lay waiting - prehistoric creatures so powerful, so gigantic, they literally fill your screen! So load your arsenal and get ready for Blaster Master.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-09 21:50:07

At 12/7/09 05:25 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Sorry for the late update. I though puddinN64 was gonna update this for me, but I guess he must have been busy.

Sorry, wasn't allowed on. Got yelled at and stuff.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-14 21:50:55

Earthworm Jim 2
Publisher: Interplay
System: SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive)
Genre: Platformer

Superhero annelid Jim and his new sidekick Snott are back for an off-the-wall sequel in Earthworm Jim 2. Containing more action than your standard platformer of this era, each stage has a different style and mission that draws on game play from different genres, including mazes, trivia contests, and arcade game style levels. Features game music composed by Tommy Tallarico. Do you have what it takes to rescue the Princess?

Blaster Master
Genre: Action, Shooter

The New York sewers were never like this! You've fallen down a hidden manhole into a world of creatures so terrifying they'd scare the rats away. You can panic and perish, or blast your way through an endless maze of tunnels, searching for the secret passages to your escape. And, that's the easy part. Because the Masters of the Caverns lay waiting - prehistoric creatures so powerful, so gigantic, they literally fill your screen! So load your arsenal and get ready for Blaster Master.

SEGA ON THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

- Sega Master System and Sega Genesis games on the Virtual Console.
- Sega Saturn rumored to appear on the Virtual Console.
- Sega Dreamcast games will be released on the Playstation Network.

ikool
ikool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-14 22:46:28

At 12/5/09 04:59 PM, Hadonia wrote:
Love how people think the reason Yoshi's Island isn't on VC is the SuperFX 2 Chip. Please, the fact that Nintendo is too lazy to put the game on VC is the problem! They probably also see no reason to give into popular demand, there's just no profit in it.

Sadly, I believe this to be true. I think that Nintendo just refuses to put YI on the VC is because of the DS. Right now, with sales still going for YIDS, there is no reason to release the cheaper (and superior) version of the series on the VC. Until sales for YIDS fall, then we can expect to see YI on VC.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-15 03:53:52

At 12/14/09 10:46 PM, ikool wrote: Sadly, I believe this to be true. I think that Nintendo just refuses to put YI on the VC is because of the DS. Right now, with sales still going for YIDS, there is no reason to release the cheaper (and superior) version of the series on the VC. Until sales for YIDS fall, then we can expect to see YI on VC.

Then explain how "Boy and His Blob" release for the Wii and the original NES version on the VC not too long afterwards.

Also us in North America are getting fucked left and right. Both Japan and Europe already have Super Smash Bros. (N64 version), also I think they both have the right to buy MSX games and they have the original Metal Gear (not Metal Gear Solid).

TCD2008
TCD2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-15 06:07:21

^as far smash bros goes that supposed to come out by the end of the year for the u.s(also piolot wings)
If n keeps there word(which seems unlikely now) then my guess is next week but who knows? It may come out on the 27th... while I be gladd to see it there I have no reason to play it*(I'd hope they would consider putting more final fantasy for vc
or gb on dsi/vc)
*no friends :(

SSBB FC 0989-9996-1521
Proud member of nhotspot.net(SSBBKING)

AtillaTheLion
AtillaTheLion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-15 15:07:46

At 12/14/09 09:50 PM, The-Great-One wrote: NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Earthworm Jim 2

Oh Heck Yeah!! Now I have something to look forward in Christmas! :D

Man I should have waited until it came to spend the available Wii points on it! Oh well I guess at Christmas.

Just how exactly does "getting laid" solve any mental problems? Hmm? /:7

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-15 17:41:19

At 12/14/09 09:50 PM, The-Great-One wrote: NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Earthworm Jim 2
Publisher: Interplay
System: SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive)

Not as good as the first. And why aren't we getting the superior SNES version?

Blaster Master

Never played this, but I've heard it's good. Doesn't it have a ton of sequels?

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
TCD2008
TCD2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-21 17:49:49

Really guys I have to post this?
Whatever.
Ninja gaiden and Smash bros were added today.
If no else post by no tommorow I guess i'll post the details.

SSBB FC 0989-9996-1521
Proud member of nhotspot.net(SSBBKING)

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-21 18:01:15

SUPER SMASH BROS! Yea FTW!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-21 18:24:38

At 12/21/09 05:49 PM, TCD2008 wrote: If no else post by no tommorow I guess i'll post the details.

Sorry it's late today. I've been busy with Christmas details and such.

Ninja Gaiden
Publisher: Tecmo
Genre: Action
Cost: 600 Wii Points

Take control of a ninja, master of the Five Ninja Fighting Arts of assassination passed down since the chaotic times of feudal Japan, and enter "Jungle," a terrifying American city, to crush waves of foes that are part of an assassination syndicate. Use three buttons to execute exciting moves like the Flying Neck Throw, the Hang Kick, and the Triple Blow Combination. Each stage is based around popular Western misconceptions about ninja and Japan, making the game world a fantastic mix of ninja and American pop culture. Game settings such as the starting number of player characters and the difficulty level can also be adjusted.

Super Smash Bros.
System: Nintendo 64
Cost: 1,000 Wii Points

Choose from an all-star cast of Nintendo characters in a frantic melee to prove who will be the ultimate brawler. Utilize the easy to learn, but hard to master controls to battle it out in the single-player mode, earning point bonuses and unlocking hidden characters along the way, or enter VS Mode to take on up to three other players simultaneously. Inflict damage using each character's unique set of special moves or familiar items and power-ups, eventually winning by knocking your opponents off the screen in one of the interactive stages, each with a Nintendo theme. Need a moment to catch your breath? Polish your skills in Training Mode or destroy targets in Bonus Stages specific to each character. Are you ready to test your mettle against all comers, including the powerful Master Hand?

CrazySquirrel124
CrazySquirrel124
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-21 18:49:52

Here's what I've got:
Kirby's Adventure-NES
Super Mario Bros.-NES
Paper Mario-N64
Sonic 1-SG
Sonic 2-SG
Sonic 3-SG
Sonic 3d blast-SG
Sonic 1 master system-MS
Zelda 1-NES
Zelda Majora's Mask-N64
Megaman I-NES
Megaman II-NES
Super Metroid-SNES
Super Mario Bros. 3-NES
Pokemon Ranch-WW
World of Goo-WW
Tetris Party-WW
Super Mario World-SNES
Super Mario RPG-SNES
Any thing else i should get?

Wii Virtual Console

Don't bitch about me greentexting.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-23 19:28:22

At 12/21/09 06:24 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Super Smash Bros.

Well, I now officially feel old. I remember seeing the commercials for that game and being so excited when I got the cartridge for Christmas. I still remember being fascinated by all of the "new" characters like Samus, Kirby, Ness, and Captain Falcon, along with the other characters I knew so well.

*A singe tear drop*

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-23 20:14:50

At 12/23/09 07:28 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 12/21/09 06:24 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Super Smash Bros.
Well, I now officially feel old. I remember seeing the commercials for that game and being so excited when I got the cartridge for Christmas. I still remember being fascinated by all of the "new" characters like Samus, Kirby, Ness, and Captain Falcon, along with the other characters I knew so well.

*A singe tear drop*

Same here. Getting it Christmas morning when I was young. Being wowed by the ridiculously awesome commercial. Even though at the time the only guys I knew were Mario and Pokemon characters. My favorite characters were always Mario, Link, and Kirby. If there's a game I've played more hours than any other, it's the original Super Smash Bros. Every Saturday morning I played VS. mode by myself against computers. It never got old for me.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-23 21:14:57

At 12/23/09 08:14 PM, Gustavos wrote:
Every Saturday morning I played VS. mode by myself against computers. It never got old for me.

Ha! Me too! I always used to make up little stories to go along with the fights like:

"Mario and Luigi have followed Donkey Kong to his Jungle and have to beat him up since he went on a rampage in the Mushroom Kingdom"

Or

"Kirby and Jiggly Puff are having a battle to see who is Nintendo's supreme pink character"

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
pYROkINDoFgUY
pYROkINDoFgUY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-24 18:36:16

Here's to hoping Rondo of Blood gets a VC release soon in 2010...

My grass went emo, so now I don't have to cut it anymore.
Anyone up for some Team Fortress 2??
Sig pic stolen from this person.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-28 17:48:18

At 12/24/09 03:43 AM, PrinceFlea wrote:
Does'nt the sega Genesis have some superior qualities in music , like when it comes to The Streets of Rage ?

Maybe for certain games, but the SNES sound chip is still considered a technological marvel. It was made by Sony, so you know it was good.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-29 07:34:10

Sorry for another late update. I was shopping with Christmas money yesterday. Couldn't get my hands on New Super Mario Bros. Wii... went to seven different places kind of ticked me off.

PilotWings
Genre: Simulation

Join the Flight Club to take to the skies and experience a variety of aerial activities. Take off and pilot a biplane through rings along a predetermined flight path, or drift serenely in a hang glider, catching thermal currents to gain altitude. In either case, just be sure to stick the landing. Looking for more speed? Strap on the rocket belt to blast your way around an obstacle course. If that's not enough, reach maximum velocity as you tackle a skydiving lesson at 3,800 feet. Complete specific objectives within a set time limit to score points (and maybe even a bonus chance) and obtain certification in eight different lessons. Your goals will become more challenging, and weather conditions will make controlling your vehicle more difficult as you progress. If you succeed, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to pilot an attack helicopter on a daring rescue mission. It's time to earn your wings.

Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
Publisher: Konami
System: TurboGrafx-16
Genre: Import
Cost: 900 Wii Points

It is the year 1792, and Dracula is revived by the Dark Priest Shaft. After building up his dark forces, he sets out to destroy the village inhabited by 19-year-old Richter Belmont, heir to the Vampire Killer whip. Moreover, Dracula's minions kidnap Richter's 17-year-old girlfriend named Annette, Annette's younger sister (a 12-year-old vampire huntress named Maria Renard), and two other local villagers; a nun known as Tera, and Iris, the daughter of the village doctor. Wielding the whip of his ancestors, Richter heads off toward Castlevania.

Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
Publisher: Hudson
Genre: Adventure
Cost: 500 Wii Points (USA) -- 600 Wii Points (EU)

Many growing seasons ago, the Salad Kingdom was a peaceful land. But one day, minister Pumpkin betrayed king Broccoli, kidnapped princess Tomato, stole the royal Turnip Emblem, and took them to his castle in Zucchini mountains. He sent his cruel Farmies to terrorize the Salad Kingdom. Shortly thereafter, the king died, unable to recover from the loss of his beautiful daughter. But he promised you, the brave Sir Cucumber, the princess' hand and the entire kingdom, if you save the beautiful Tomato from the clutches of the evil Pumpkin. Princess Tomato is an adventure game in which you interact with the environment by choosing commands from a menu, such as the traditional "check" or "give", and the less traditional "praise" or "percy". Percy is a little persimmon who will be your trusty side-kick throughout your quest and who will help you on many occasions. The puzzles are on the simple side, and are primarily based on talking to characters, finding items and giving them.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-12-29 17:07:00

At 12/29/09 07:34 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Sorry for another late update. I was shopping with Christmas money yesterday. Couldn't get my hands on New Super Mario Bros. Wii... went to seven different places kind of ticked me off.

That's a shame. I picked mine up on day 1 from the first place I visistied.

PilotWings

Solid game from what I've heard. Wasn't this a SNES launch title or am I thinking about the N64 sequel?

Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom

Holy cow! Isn't this an import game witth the clay boxart?

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console 2010-01-04 17:11:10

Final Fight 3
Publisher: Capcom

Following the defeat and subsequent disappearance of the Mad Gear Gang, a small group known only as "Skull Cross" is responsible for a new uprising of vandalism, terrorism and death. The government of Metro City is at a complete loss. Metro City's mayor, Mike Haggar, and Guy are prepared to take on the new gang, but before they can act, the door bursts open, revealing Lucia, Cody's old friend. "Metro City is under attack!" she shouts, "Skull Cross is loose, and they've got something up their sleeves." But before any of them can move, a mysterious man appears in the doorway. "My name is Dean," he says. "I know Skull Cross inside-and-out, and I hate them more than anything. I can help you, and you can help me. We must go!" All four fighters vow to bring Skull Cross down. It will be a tough assignment, and may even be their final fight!