00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dieswyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trance Vocals, anyone?

1,436 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Trance Vocals, anyone? 2009-01-09 21:46:52

I did a track just recently. Unfortunetly my mic is out of commission, and the song needs vocals, since its was originally intended to have them (collab type deal).

Right now I have the instrumental version up right now, but anyone up to doing some vocals?

If interested at all, I'd rather you email me at shesmackshard@gmail.com instead of PM's. But feel free to reply to this as well :D

my MSNM is shesmackshard@gmail.com and my aim is shesmackshard...easy to remember I suppose.

Response to Trance Vocals, anyone? 2009-01-09 21:53:04

what do you want the vocals to be about? Cliche crap or something deep? I can write the lyrics for you if you want

Inspiration comes at cost, but without it all is lost

My first attempt at Dubstep Any comments are welcome!

Response to Trance Vocals, anyone? 2009-01-09 21:56:11

I'm fine with writing lyrics, though I'm also fine with you or whoever writing them. I'd like to at least secure a vocalist bvefore talking about themes and whatnot buuuut, the lyrics would probably be cliche-ish. you know, club banger, women, lol. But, I'm open to anything. As you see, its just a beat right now.

Response to Trance Vocals, anyone? 2009-01-09 22:03:35

then get a vocoder and mess around. I dont think you really need to get someone just to sing

Response to Trance Vocals, anyone? 2009-01-09 22:05:11

I was posting to see if anyone was interested, I know my alternatives :P

Response to Trance Vocals, anyone? 2009-01-09 22:12:09

At 1/9/09 10:05 PM, shesmackshard wrote: I was posting to see if anyone was interested, I know my alternatives :P

o haha sorry. I didn't listen to your music but you should be aware of how the voice and your track would mix together. You can't have a complete natural voice with robotic techno and you can't have a robot voice for an opera. I've listen to many vocal trance songs and the voice is usually layered with many smaller effects and 'synths.' If you want anyone to write lyrics for ya I guess i could.

good luck

Response to Trance Vocals, anyone? 2009-01-09 22:21:59

I knows.

Anyways, I wont be able to check back to this topic for a bit, so if interested, I'd rather you email me or if I'm on msn or aim, talk to me. Just easier. Hope I get some takers, but fortunetly I've got some backups.

Response to Trance Vocals, anyone? 2009-01-09 22:29:30

At 1/9/09 10:12 PM, BlurrySound wrote: You can't have a complete natural voice with robotic techno and you can't have a robot voice for an opera. I've listen to many vocal trance songs and the voice is usually layered with many smaller effects and 'synths.' If you want anyone to write lyrics for ya I guess i could.

Pretty much. To the original poster: I don't know how vocals would fit into your song-- it sounds too instrumental-driven in the sense that the sounds just dominate. If you had someone's voice in there, it'd sound almost strange. Yeah, it's not too complex, but vocals wouldn't solve that-- using more layers of sounds would.

Good luck in getting what you want done, though.

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.

{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}

Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad