Be a Supporter!

My Art, Honest suggests recommended

  • 381 Views
  • 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 9th, 2009 @ 07:40 PM Reply

I'm new to the Art Forum, so I really don't know how this works, so whatever. :p

I drew something that I think is okay, but I want some honest opinions (no sugar coating! lol) and what i can do better.
I'm not much of an artist, but wanna do all i can to improve.

If it is truly the worst piece of art you have ever seen, explain why.
I'm more interested in that than anything else.

Enough with the babbling, here's the picture!

My Art, Honest suggests recommended

UMREE
UMREE
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 9th, 2009 @ 08:29 PM Reply

umm what is it?

how about some realism before i can judge your skill.

Krebskopf
Krebskopf
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Artist
Response to My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 9th, 2009 @ 08:39 PM Reply

I don't like it. The original drawing centered in the middle of the picture isn't that great, nor is the effects you slathered over it. Echoing what the guy before me said, have a stab at some realism and post it here.


+

BBS Signature
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 9th, 2009 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 1/9/09 08:39 PM, Krebskopf wrote: I don't like it. The original drawing centered in the middle of the picture isn't that great, nor is the effects you slathered over it. Echoing what the guy before me said, have a stab at some realism and post it here.

Wasn't really going for realism, but okay.

Moltimert
Moltimert
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 10th, 2009 @ 05:24 AM Reply

At 1/9/09 07:40 PM, mexifry895 wrote: I'm new to the Art Forum, so I really don't know how this works, so whatever. :p

I drew something that I think is okay, but I want some honest opinions (no sugar coating! lol) and what i can do better.
I'm not much of an artist, but wanna do all i can to improve.

If it is truly the worst piece of art you have ever seen, explain why.
I'm more interested in that than anything else.

Enough with the babbling, here's the picture!

I don't like the fact that it's blurred
plus, it seems to me that you spent more time on the effects rather than the actual drawing
which, in my opinion, should be the other way around

UndefinedArt
UndefinedArt
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 10th, 2009 @ 06:08 AM Reply

At 1/9/09 08:29 PM, UMREE wrote: umm what is it?

how about some realism before i can judge your skill.

Still preaching the realism?

Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 10th, 2009 @ 12:02 PM Reply

At 1/10/09 05:24 AM, Moltimert wrote: I don't like the fact that it's blurred

Now that I think about ti, blurring ti was kinda a bad idea.

plus, it seems to me that you spent more time on the effects rather than the actual drawing
which, in my opinion, should be the other way around

understood.
This did take me like 30 mins ish.

I was more trying to get the trippy effect, but you are right in saying that it has to be good first before I should try so many effects.

Thanks! :D

Peglay
Peglay
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 10th, 2009 @ 12:36 PM Reply

it makes me dizzy !


You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
kr8to
kr8to
  • Member since: Nov. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to My Art, Honest suggests recommended Jan. 10th, 2009 @ 12:38 PM Reply

i cant really say...


jhsagfdahjgdsaydusatfduyiouipfgikuo ipo[fuylgiuhoip['tfgh;ojp[